Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ For Your Eyes Only ❯ Your Little Revelations ( Chapter 18 )

[ A - All Readers ]

For Your Eyes Only
by sanzo-reload
Disclaimer : Ouran High School Host Club is not mine and will never be mine! I'm doing this for my own amusement, not for money! Don't sue me.. I'm moneyless..
Author's Note : Thanks for everybody who took their time to review the previous chapter. I'll be replying to every single one of you as soon as I can. Thanks again for the support. I really do appreciate it!
Anyway, on with the chapter --
(chapter18) Your Little Revelations..
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Yukiya POV)
Someone please tell me that I was dreaming or having some kind of mental breakdown because I am having the illusion that Kyouya-senpai is kissing me right now.
So. Not. Happening.
All thoughts seemed to flee my mind as he snaked his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him as his lips worked expertly over mine.
My heart did a double take and involuntarily, my eyes closed.
What the hell was happening? Was the world coming to the end already?
My mind kept telling me to stop, but instead, I did just the opposite. I leaned further into the kiss and felt his arms tightened around me.
Standing there in the dark, it was so easy to forget everything and just feel the sensation of his lips against mine. I was painfully aware of everything - the taste of lips, his arms wrapped around my waist, his eyelashes against my closed eyelids..
.. and the fact that he was my fiancé's brother.
Shocked, I pulled away from him. Without thinking twice, I raised my hands and slapped him hard across his face.
Breathing heavily, I forced myself to say, “What the hell was that?” I gave him a scathing glare, but I doubted that my cheeks gave the same impression.
His calm gaze met mine. “I believe we were kissing, Yukiya.”
I blushed furiously at his response. For heaven's sake, does he have to make it sounded like it was the most normal thing to do?
“No, you were the one who kissed me. And I demand to know why.”
He took a step closer to me and once again, trapped me between him and the cabinet. “I think it would've been obvious, Yukiya.”
No, it's not.”
“I l-”
“Ootori-sama!” a voice shouted over the storm outside.
I heard Kyouya-senpai let out a groan and stepped a couple steps back.
“Are you okay, Ootori-sama?” an old man, whom I recognized as the gardener came in with torchlight in his hand.
Kyouya-senpai nodded, and I followed suit.
“The fuse burned. I thought you already know that we have our back-up generator in case of emergency,” he continued, pushing a button in a kitchen. In an instant, the light was back.
“It is rather entertaining to stay in the dark for a little while,” Kyouya-senpai replied, sending me a knowing look, while I merely blushed crimson red at his reply.
Darn him! He was doing it on purpose.
“I'm going back to my room,” I said, pushing past him and climbed upstairs into my room. I scrambled under the comfort of the blanket and forced myself into sleep, but my mind kept replaying the kiss in my head.
What kind of baboon could kiss that good? Not like I ever been kissed by anyone before, but even I can tell that he was a good kisser. Oh, great! Just one stupid kiss and my brain was already scrambled into million pieces. For all I knew, he could have kissed me like that so he could tease me about it later.
But you enjoyed it, didn't you..
Didn't you?
I stared at the ceiling for God knows how long, my fingers unconsciously tracing my lips. Grunted loudly, I muttered to myself, “As if.”
After all, I already had Ootori Akito and the company to worry about..
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Hikaru POV)
I woke up to the shrill sound of my phone. Groaning, I scrambled off the bed only to find Kaoru was now lying on the cold hard floor.
God, did I accidentally push him off the bed again? Darn small bed!
Oh, yeah. We had actually won the contest yesterday and earned ourselves a stay at this pension.
But the real victory was actually to see Tamaki-senpai's face, knowing that he had lost to us. It was funny more than anything else, you know.
I tried to push Kaoru onto the bed, but stopped when I realized that he was actually pretty much awake. “Did I wake you up?”
He nodded sleepily, forcing himself to open his eyes to look at me. “What are you doing up so early? Trying to change over the summer?”
I snorted. “I'm going back to our summer house to get some spare clothes. We didn't bring any here. You?”
“I'm too lazy to go. Can you grab some clothes for me too?” he replied, his eyes were about to close again as he leaned back onto the bed.
I shrugged. “Yeah, whatever.”
: o : o : o : o : o :
After half an hour taxi ride, I finally arrived at Hitachiin Summer House. I went to the gate, only to be greeted by the maids. She let me into the house and to my surprise, the house was packed with people.
Was there something going on here?
“Uh, why are there so much people in here?” I directed the question to the maid beside me, but someone else answered it in her stead.
I glanced toward the owner of the voice and found my mother standing there. “Mom?”
“We're having our Summer Collection Photo Shoot here. How come you are here, honey?” she greeted me with a hug.
“Oh, I'm staying at a pension with friends. I'm here to take some clothes,” I explained.
“Oh, sure, you go ahead,” she said, looking pretty much distracted with the clipboard in her hands.
I climbed the stairs and went into the third room on the first floor - namely, my room. Without wasting any time, I dug into my wardrobe and started to search for appropriate clothes. When I finally found the clothes, I grabbed the nearest backpack and stuffed it with the clothes.
I was about to make my way out of the room when a familiar voice greet me from the back. “Hikaru?”
I turned around and found myself face to face to none other than Eihara Riku, who just stepped out of the shower.
Oh, joy!
.. Not!
My eyes moved from her face to her body, which was now barely covered by a towel. Almost automatically, I diverted my gaze somewhere else and my cheeks reddened. “Would you at least put a shirt on before greeting me?”
I imagined her eyes went wide at my remark and before I knew it, I was attacked by a mountain of pillows until I was practically thrown out of the room. Then, the door was slammed close.
I didn't notice that I had that much pillow in my room before.
“What the hell is she doing here?” I grumbled, busying myself trying to gather my clothes into my backpack. Then, a sudden realization hit me.
Oh, shit. I just saw her half-naked.
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Riku POV)
“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” I screamed at the boy in front of me. We were now sitting in my room. I settled on the bed, while he sat on the sofa. My cheeks still burned from the accident that happened a minute ago.
He raised an eyebrow at my question. “Shouldn't it be ME who should be asking YOU that question, seeing that it is YOU who is in MY room right now?”
“How am I supposed to know that this is your room? It's not like you wrote your name on the wall or something!” I spat.
“What are you doing here anyway?”
Your mom asked me to model for her Summer Collection. I figure I couldn't say no,” I replied, my eyes were transfixed on my feet.
“Just so it's clear, I didn't see anything,” he suddenly said, bringing himself up from the sofa at the same time.
Yeah, whatever,” I blushed and smiled nevertheless. I figured he could be nice if he wanted to.
“Besides, it's not like I have anything to see anyway,” he continued, laughing heartily as he walked out of the room.
“What the hell do you mean by that?” I screamed as I chased him out of the room, a pillow in my hands. Damn male species!
I stepped out to the hallway and found that Hikaru was talking to his mother. I approached them and nodded briefly at his mother. “Hi, auntie.”
Oh, Riku. The male model that I hired for the photo shoot can't make it here today. I am trying to persuade Hikaru to be the stands-in. Can you help me to knock some sense into him and make him help his own mother in distress?”
I was so sure that my eyes went wide at that statement because Hikaru was giving me a don't-worry-I-don't-want-to-work-with-you-either look.
Forcing the sweetest smile onto my lips, I muttered to Hikaru, “Hikaru-chan, why don't you help your mom? Surely it wouldn't be so bad being a model, ne?” I said a little too sweetly while I pinched him hard on the arms.
Surely he got the message.
I saw him winced and in return, he glared at me. Then, almost suddenly, his countenance changed. He smiled at his mother and said, “Sure, mom. Why not?”
I gaped at him as he smirked at me, mouthing the words `Revenge is sweet'. The woman in front of us clasped her hands together in joy and almost immediately called her assistant to ready us for the photo shoot.
Oh, I'm so going to make him suffer!
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Normal POV)
“How did the meeting go?” Yushi asked his younger brother, seated right opposite of him in the easy chair in the living room.
The younger man laughed. “I don't know. Not quite working on my charm. Looks like it would take some time until we can actually take over Mikihara Construction Company.
“Where is she now? You didn't just leave her there by herself, did you?”
Akito shook his head, taking a sip of the coffee from the cup in his hand. “No, I left her with Kyouya.”
“What is he doing there?”
“I don't bother to ask. He seemed angry at me, I must say,” he answered, a glint of amusement clear in his eyes. “If I didn't know any better, I would say that he dares to fight me head-on for that girl.”
“And yet, you left them alone in that big mansion?” Yushi questioned, raising his eyebrows at his younger brother. When Akito just shrugged and laughed, Yushi said, “Sometimes you're just as twisted as Kyouya.”
“That's why we're brothers.”
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Yukiya POV)
“I already arranged a helicopter to come pick you uparound noon. I believe that everything is going on smoothly, right?” my grandmother's voice asked me from the other end of the line.
“Yeah, pretty much. Is everything okay there?”
“The company is not going to collapse only a day after you're gone, Yukiya,” I heard she laughed.
I let out a chuckle. “Yeah, of course not.” I cleared out my throat to ready myself for the next sentence. “Grandmother, he offered financial support for our company.”
“He who?”
“Ootori Akito..”
“Isn't that a great news?”
“..for half of my shares.”
Then, the line went silent.
I drew out a shaky breath. “And I decided to take up on his offer.”
“Yukiya, are you sure about that? There are a lot of variables for you to consider before reaching to any conclusion.”
I nodded. “I think so. The company need it.. no, it's me who needed the support. I can't compete against Hideki without this.”
She sighed. “Is there anything that I can say to change your mind?”
No,” I said firmly.
“Then, I wish you all the best, Yukiya. Are you sure that you're going to be okay?”
“Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be okay.”
“I'll see you when you're back in Tokyo.”
“Yeah, see you.” Then, the line went dead.
“Don't you think we needed a little more than a pretty sure about your company, right?” Kyouya-senpai's voice greeted me.
I turned around to face him. We were now standing in the balcony, facing the lake that was behind Ootori Summer House. “I'm really pretty sure that I'm going to be alright. How about that?”
He smirked. “That works too, of course.”
“You're early. I distinctly remember hearing a rumor that you don't like to be awake early in the morning,” I said, propping my chin on the back of my hand.
“Half of your shares? Is that what my brother is going after?” he proceeded, looking down on me because of the height difference.
I gave him a weak smile. “You sound surprise. I would've thought that you're the one behind this.”
“I don't play with a girl's heart, no matter how much profit I can gain from it,” he replied, looking very serious.
I smiled awkwardly at his response. “It doesn't matter much.” I looked up at him and bit my lips in surprise when I realized that he was also staring at me. My cheeks reddened and I turned my gaze away from him to stare at the lake again.
Must remember to take mental illness pill. I was so going crazy.
“Oh, I'm leaving at noon today,” I informed him, breaking the silence.
He nodded, also directing his gaze toward the lake. “You're not going to meet up with the rest of the Host Club?”
I shook my head. “Maybe next time. I need to get back to my company. Work comes first after all. Say hi to them on my behalf.”
“I will and Yukiya..”
“And about last night.. What was it really?” I braved myself to ask, but not brave enough to spare a glance at him. When he didn't answer, I decided to answer my question for him. “It was just a mistake… right?” I heard my voice quivered, pretty much unsure of myself.
I diverted my gaze back to him when I realized that he was moving closer to me.
Wait. Why was he invading my personal space so blatantly?
He was so close that I had to tilt up my head to look to him. I didn't manage to say anything because he closed the gap between us in what it seemed like a split second.
“You should stop and start rethinking of everything,” he whispered huskily into my ear before his lips crushed mine for the second time in twelve hours.
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Hikaru POV)
Summer of Love..
Who the hell came up with such a lame concept for this year's Summer Collection?
Apparently, my mom did.
For that very reason, I had to spend the last four hours of torment with Riku. After I said yes to my mother, she decided to be nothing, but harsh at me.
All the time during the photo shoot, she kept `accidentally' stepped on my foot with her one-inch high heels stilettos. It was a miracle that my toes were still intact to my feet. Then, for some reason, she elbowed me on the stomach and threw a rock at my head.
Have I ever tell you that she was a very difficult person?
I leaned back against the chair in the gazebo in the garden. I was about to drift into a nap when I felt my head touched something very cold. Instinctively, I opened my eyes to see Riku standing behind me, holding a can of drink onto my forehead.
I took the drink out of her hand and took a gulp out of it. “What are you doing here?” I asked her as she took a seat in the chair in front of me. She didn't answer, of course. Instead, she leaned into me and stuck something onto my forehead.
A small band-aid.
“No need to thank me,” she said, continuing to take a sip of her drink from the can.
“I wouldn't. You were the one who caused it,” I replied.
I heard she sighed, and then focused her gaze to the can that she was holding. “I'm sorry, okay.”
“For?”
“You like to make me feel miserable, don't you?” she quirked her eyebrows at me.
I shrugged. “I don't know, maybe?”
“Okay, sorry for stepping onto your foot, sorry for elbowing you on the stomach and sorry for throwing the rock to your head. Satisfied?”
I nodded. “Pretty okay for a start.”
“Since I already started, I'm also sorry for whatever I said at Ouran School Festival. It's all unintentional,” she said, her gaze was transfixed to the ground. “I got mad at you for something that happened such a long time ago, so yeah, I apologized for that too.”
Did the great Eihara Riku just apologize to me?
“Are you okay? You do realize that you just apologized to me, right?” I asked her. “And that's not so normal for you.”
She scratched the back of her neck nervously. “I can assure you that I'm not on any drugs.”
I laughed. I have to admit that it felt kinda good to be having normal conversation with her again.
“Riku, can we be friends again?”
I heard she took a deep breath before averting her gaze to meet mine. “I don't think that is possible because I like you, Hikaru.”
And then, everything else went silent.
: o : o : o : o : o :
Author's note : Sorry for the short chapter. I'm a little bit tired and this is the best that I can come up with.. Hopefully the situation between Yukiya and Kyouya didn't disappoint you guys too much because I have to admit that I'm not very good at writing fluff and romance things. It took me a lot of effort to write whatever hell I just wrote above. And I really hope I didn't make Kyouya seems to OOC. If I did, I'm so sorry for that!
About Kyouya's brother, yeah, Akito isactually marrying Yukiya for hershares. More will be revealed in the next chapter hopefully.
Anyway, yeah, Riku is back and she finally confessed her feeling to Riku head-on. So, stay tune to next chapter to see what will happen between them.
For Kaoru and Kasumi, hopefully I will be able to include them in the next chapter.
So, yeah. That's it from me.Please read and review! Luv ya!