Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ For Your Eyes Only ❯ A Moment for Us ( Chapter 19 )

[ A - All Readers ]

For Your Eyes Only
by sanzo-reload
Disclaimer : Ouran High School Host Club is not mine and will never be mine! I'm doing this for my own amusement, not for money! Don't sue me.. I'm moneyless..
Author's Note : See the notes at the end of the chapter. Thanks >_<
(chapter19)
: o : o : o : o : o :
(RikuPOV)
“I don't think that is possible because… I like you, Hikaru.”
Oh my goodness, did I just say it out loud?
Braving myself, I stole a glance at the guy in front of me and saw his face paled. It seemed like my heart suddenly stopped beating as he stared at me, unblinking.
I felt nervous under his stare, but looked straight into his eyes nevertheless. “Done staring? Can I go now?”
His paled face turned into a confused one. “Wait, but.. I thought you just co-”
“Confessed to you? So what if I did? It's not like I'm asking you to like me back or anything.”
He closed his eyes momentarily, sighing heavily. The thought of him hating me suddenly made me feel hurt. Was I that annoying?
Decided to just flee from the scene, I stood up from my seat but stopped halfway when I felt Hikaru's hand around my wrist.
“Would you just let me finished?”
I raised my eyebrows at his sudden outburst, but I sat back on the chair.
“Frankly, I don't know how to react to this kind of situation. Sure, a lot of girls confessed to me..” he paused to look at me, as if to gauge my reaction, before continuing, “But you're anything, but just a girl to me.”
I gulped. What the hell was he trying to say?
“What are you getting at, Hikaru?”
“I want to answer your feeling properly,” he said, suddenly taking my hands into his. I swore that my heart almost exploded at that moment. Raising my eyes to the same level as his, I waited patiently the next words that were coming out from his mouth next.
“But for the time being, can you please be my friend again?”
Without knowing the reason why, I cried.
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Yukiya POV)
----
“You should stop and start rethinking of everything,” he whispered huskily into my ear before his lips crushed mine for the second time in twelve hours.
The kiss barely lasted a few seconds when he finally released me.
Gathering left-over of my courage, I yelled, “Why are you doing this? I'm engaged to your brother, for heaven's sake!”
Much to my dismay, he answered calmly. “Do you like my brother that much?”
I was taken aback by his question, but quickly recovered to reply. “Why? Does it bother you so much?”
“It doesn't.”
At that moment, I really hated him. “Then, why are you doing this to me? Am I just a game to prove that you're better than your brother?”
I saw a smirk formed on his lips. “No. I did it because I want to.”
----
I massaged my temple as I leaned against the seat on the helicopter back to Tokyo. My heart was still beating in an inhumanly rapid speed.
“No. I did it because I want to.”
Honestly, how do you react to that? I knocked my head against the window a few times to get the certain black-haired Adonis out of mind.
“Mikihara-sama, are you okay? You seemed a little distressed,” Uncle Hiramu, who sat beside me, asked.
“Uncle Hiramu, do you think I'm making the right decision to marry Ootori Akito?” I directed the question to him.
“What do you think?”
I stared at my feet for what I thought as the longest time possible, before shrugging it off. “I don't know. I seriously don't.”
He smiled warmly at me. “You still have a lot of time to figure it out.”
I sighed at his ambiguous answer.
I wonder if I have that much time left to decide because I realized that with only one month left before the final decision, the time is really closing in on me.
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Kaoru POV)
“Where's Hikaru?” Haruhi asked. We were now enjoying our ice-cream in a shop in the city of Karuizawa. We decided to take an evening stroll around the town after we bored ourselves to death, waiting for Hikaru.
“I don't know. He said he was going to our summer house to get some clothes. I bet he's wandering somewhere or something,” I replied.
Haruhi shrugged. “Kyouya-senpai also vanished. Yukiya, I haven't heard from her for such a long time already. I wonder what happened to them.
Honey-senpai immediately agreed. “I didn't get to share my chocolate with Miki-chan and Kyo-chan anymore!”
Mori-senpai nodded.
I laughed. “I don't think Kyouya-senpai appreciates if you keep spending money on chocolates.”
“HARUHI!!!!” came our beloved (not!) King's voice.
Haruhi made an annoyed look, rolling her eyes. “Yes, what is it?”
“Let's go to the Italian Restaurant after this!”
“No, Misuzu-san wants us to get some fresh fruits from Arai-kun's place, remember?” Haruhi reminded him. “With that, let's go!” she said, dragging the King to the direction of Arai's place.
Seeing Haruhi really reminded me of Kasumi-san. I wonder why.
Shrugging the thought off my mind, I followed the group closely behind. After walking a couple of blocks, we finally reached the destination. Arai, who was busying himself with the task of carrying boxes into a truck, immediately greeted us upon our arrival.
“Ah, Haruhi-san, the fruits is ready. Wait a minute, okay?” he said, and shouted, “Hey, can someone get me the box of fruits for Misuzu Pension at the back?!”
I swore that I almost stopped breathing when I saw the person who came out of the shop with the box.
“Kasumi-san?”
She looked up to face me; her face was imbued with confusion. “Ah, how come all of you are here?”
“They decided to follow me here to Karuizawa after knowing that I worked as a part-timer here,” Haruhi explained without even bothering to hide the look of annoyance on her face.
“BUT I'M WORRIED OF YOU AS A FATHER!!” Tamaki-senpai let out his pathetic wail.
So, you decided to interfere with MY summer?” Haruhi countered, totally ignoring the puppy-dog eyes that Tamaki-senpai was giving her.
Kasumi-san laughed. “They're bickering like a married couple already, ne?” she started.
“Yeah, that's pretty much the whole scene. So, you are going work here all summer?”
She smiled. “Yeah, I guess so. I need to save up more money to help out my brother.”
I ruffled my hair with my fingers nervously, which brought a question on my mind - why was I so nervous in the first place?
Do you like Karuizawa so far?” she asked.
I nodded, stealing a quick glance at the rest of the Host Club and Arai, who were apparently still trying to placate Haruhi and Tamaki-senpai. Without warning, I grabbed her hands in mine and ran toward a random direction.
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Kasumi POV)
“Do you like Karuizawa so far?” I asked out of nowhere, suddenly feeling the pit of my stomach churned.
All sort of questions ran through my mind. Why hadn't he called since the festival? Did he think I was being too forward?
All questions seemed to flee my mind when I felt him dragging me into a random direction. Panting slightly, I yelled, “Wha-What are you doing?”
“Let's go somewhere else,” he answered simply, while I let myself being dragged away. We finally came to halt and to my surprise, I found myself in front of the lake.
“Nice place, isn't it?”
I nodded. “Yeah, you go here often before?”
“Um.. I used to go here a lot with Hikaru and my parents when I was little.”
I chuckled. “I want to see you when you're little. Chibi Kaoru must be really really cute!”
He broke in a fit of laughter. “Me? Cute? If evil is considered as cute those days, yeah, sure, I was really cute.”
“No worries, I still think you're cute,” the words slipped of my tongue. Almost automatically, my face turned pink.
“You think I'm cute?”
I, for once, really lost for words of what to say to him. Sure, I thought he was really cute and charming, but how exactly can I tell him that without making it obvious that I like him?
“I mean, I'm sure other people would think that you're cute,” came my blatant cover-up. “I heard from Haruhi that you get at least a girl's confession every week.”
Once again, I saw him ruffling his hair with his fingers. “But I never accept any of them.”
“Why? They are not up to your standards?”
He shook his head, his eyes fixed to the lake. “Nope. They just..” his words trailed off, before continuing in an unsure manner, “.. didn't affect me the way they supposed to.”
Huh?”
“I read from a book that if you're in love with someone, your palms supposed to be sweaty..”
I secretly rubbed dry my sweaty palms against my apron.
“..your heart supposed to beat faster and your face supposed to feel hot when she's around,” he elaborated, his voice seemed distant.
My hearts was beating so fast that I can hardly hear myself think. Carefully choosing my words, I asked, “You never felt that way around anyone?”
Then, he went silent. I gulped when he suddenly took my hands in his, stroking it gently this time. “That's why I wonder why you affect me so much.”
“I-I don't k-know,” I stuttered, my mind was practically empty of any sort of thoughts.
“For all my life, I always thought that I don't need anyone else but Hikaru. It's always just me and him. Just for once, I want to cross that boundary..” his words trailed off.
“I..”
“.. With you.”
My eyes widened at his words. Was he saying what I thought he was saying?
Fixing his eyes onto the ground and silently asking like a child would have, he said, “Would you go out with me?”
“Yes,” I replied without any further thought as I closed the remaining gap between and hugged him tightly. “I would.”
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Yukiya POV)
“What do you mean Renselar Company wants to cancel our contract?” I snapped, throwing the folder across the room.
My secretary in front of me paled. Uncle Hiramu, on the other hand, just sighed. “Mikihara-sama, you should know better than anyone else that our current condition is not that good. This is to be expected.”
I went silent and sat back onto my chair. Covering my face with my hands, I tried to stop myself from crying. “I don't what else I can do. Can I go there myself and discuss this with the President himself?”
Uncle Hiramu nodded. “I will arrange it for you. For the time being, please get yourself some rest,” he said, motioning to the secretary to out of my office, with him followed suit.
A moment later, my phone beeped. “Mikihara-sama, Mr. Ishikawa from the board of directors requested for a meeting with you.”
Trying to conceal my cry of frustration, I said, “Yeah, let him come in.”
As soon as the middle-aged man stepped into my room, I forced myself to smile. “Yes, Mr. Ishikawa. Is there something that matter?”
He huffed, before taking a seat in the vacant seat in front of my desk. “Should you be sitting there when our company is about to crumble?”
I eyed him silently.
“I heard Renselar Company wants to cancel the contract. You do realize that it's not good for our company reputation, right?” he continued, snarling at me.
Damn old man!
“You do realize that I'm not going to stay quiet, right?”
“What about your engagement with Ootori Akito? Is it going on smoothly? He would agree to give our company some financial support, I heard.”
“I'm still thinking about it.”
“What's there to think about? He's a man from a good family background and much more, he'll surely be a help to our company.”
Who are you to decide for me?” my voice flared.
He snorted. “What? You think that you're so high and mighty? In one month, you'll be nothing but a thrash. Why would you think any of us wants to hand over this company for real to you?”
I clenched my teeth in anger. “You're already decided to hand over the company to Hideki, aren't you?”
“With him currently betrothed to Kirisaki's eldest daughter, I'll say he would be the most likely candidate,” he said simply.
“Get out of my office NOW,” I yelled, trying so hard to contain my anger.
He smirked, but got out of his seat nevertheless. “You're just a spoiled brat who can do nothing, but looking good. You think you can solve anything by just sitting there?”
“I said, GET OUT!” I yelled as I eyed him left the office. Pulling out a folder from my drawer, I immediately went out of the office. “Arranged for a limo to Ootori Group now,” I said to my secretary.
“Yes, Mikihara-sama.”
As I got in the limo, I opened the folder in my hands.
Engagement Contract with Ootori Akito.
It should be now or never.
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Hikaru POV)
I knew very well that girl is an emotional creature.
Give them a touching movie, they'll cry.
Insult their look, they'll cry.
When I asked her to be my friend again, I definitely did not expect the girl in front of me to cry. Thus, I panicked when she started crying.
“Why are you crying? I'm sorry if I said something offensive again, okay. So, just stop crying, will you?” I pleaded.
Riku stopped sobbing, but I saw the tears kept flowing from her eyes. “I'm just so relieved. I thought you hated me.”
“Me? I thought you're the one who hate me.”
She chuckled at my response, finally decided to stop crying. “I guess I'm the one to blame for that, huh? If I didn't make such a big deal out of the unimportant kiss, I'm sure none of this would've happened.”
The mention of the kiss, once again, took me by surprise. Clutching the can of drinks tightly in my hands, I said, “I'm sorry. I said that without being considerate of your feeling.”
Rubbing off the remaining tears with her sleeves, she grinned. “I do realize that the saying is true all along.”
“What saying?”
“Woman holds grudges better than man. I didn't even realize that I was doing that.”
“You know, Kaoru kept haunting me about apologizing to you since forever. I guess, it got kind of lonely when you're not around,” I said sincerely. “Anyway, we should get back into the house. Bet my mom would go crazy if she find both of us alone here,” I continued, standing up from my seat.
I almost lost my balance when Riku suddenly lunged toward me and hugged me tightly. “I miss you, Hikaru,” her voice sounded like a whisper as she buried her face into my chest.
I felt my lips formed a small smile as I circled my arms around hers as well. “I miss you too, Riku.”
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Yukiya POV)
“So, in other words, you're accepting my offer, is it?” Ootori Akito asked as I seated myself in the vacant chair in front of him.
I nodded warily.
When he opened the folder and saw my signature was there, he smiled. “Wow, this is a lot easier than I thought it would be. So, I guess we are officially betrothed to each other now.
I cringed at his words, but quickly recovered to replace it with a serious expression. “Now, about the financial support..”
“Is your father's company so important to you?”
“Yes, it is.”
“So, you're marrying me for the financial support, is it?”
I huffed. “Aren't you doing the same thing? Marrying me for my shares?”
He laughed. “Wow, such a harsh word from a pretty girl like you. I'm offended.”
I want a guarantee for the financial support.”
“Don't worry, you just let worry about that. We should discuss about the engagement ceremony then,” he suggested, which I cut off swiftly. “Personally, I don't care about the engagement. You do what you want.”
With that, I stood up and went to the door, only to be blocked by another figure. I looked up and found myself staring at Kyouya-senpai. My eyes involuntarily dropped to the ground as I greeted him with a nod.
“Congratulation for the engagement,” I heard he said coldly as he walked pass by me into the office.
For some reason, I felt like crying but the tears just wouldn't come out. Instead, I heard myself muttered, “Thank you.”
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
Author's Note : After almost one months of not updating, I finally wrote this chapter! So sorry for the late update. My excuse is the same as always - school.
I've been studying really hard lately and guess what I got for my recent Calculus III test? I got 98!! I still can't believe my eyes. Anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it! (Hopefully there are still people reading this junk!)
Please tell me what you think of this chapter and what aspect to improve, etc etc.
Do READ and REVIEW!
I'm signing off..
Peace to the world.