Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ For Your Eyes Only ❯ Trouble in Paradise ( Chapter 20 )

[ A - All Readers ]

For Your Eyes Only
by sanzo-reload
Disclaimer : Ouran High School Host Club is not mine and will never be mine! I'm doing this for my own amusement, not for money! Don't sue me.. I'm moneyless..
xoxoxoxo
Review Reply :
Ritsikas : Glad you like the previous chapter. It's kinda sad to write about KyouyaxYukiya part as well as HikaruxRiku part. Nevertheless, here is the next chapter!
nekosaru : Thanks for the compliment! Hope you like this chapter.
sakura mae su : Yea, I'm glad that I can finally wrote the part about they being friend again. If you like this couple, refer to endnote.
Sakimi1014 : Hope you like this chapter!
sandra : More twists and turns this chapter. Hope you enjoy this!
contour : Read this chapter!! And don't get mad at me if you hate what I did to Kyouya and Yukiya!!!
fightingphoenix : Don't be shocked that Hikaru just wanted to be friend with Riku because he harbored no special feeling toward Riku.Hope you like this chapter.
SierralaineWalsh : I'm a MEANIE??? Waaaa…. I did update right??? Hope you like this chapter..
xXlOvehOlickXx : I never plan to let Yukiya ended up with Akito. It's just a part of the plot for the story. Haha..
Element Girls : Arghhhhh… don't let your readers kill me!!! I'm so scared, I should go run and hide! (anyway, hope you like this chappie!)
bringme2life : Hey, I like My Heart Will Go On too.. It's so classic~
the ness-ness : Haha.. I think they should get married too!!!
Lily : I'm sad to write about their relationship. It's kinda complicated but certain things have been clarified in this chapter. Hope you like it!
Gothic-Cherry-Blossom : Wow, like you nickname! Here you go the next chappie!
Lukkiester : Yaay, I got five stars! So happy!!! Hope you like this chapter!
Kiya-chan : Hey, I've also been wondering where have you gone too. Glad to have you back! Wow, I can relate to you.. Study and work could be really really tiring.. Hope you like chapter!
xoxoxoxo
(chapter20) Trouble in Paradise..
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Riku POV)
“Riku-honey, can you do me a favor and wake Hikaru up, please?” came the twins' mom voice from the dining room.
I was lying on the couch initially, but quickly got up to answer her, “Okay.”
Almost immediately, I rose on my feet and climbed the stairs. Without even bothering to knock the door, I barged into the first room in my view - namely, Hikaru's room.
“Oy, Hikaru. Wake up!” I yelled at the sleeping figure on the bed.
Being a dead sleeper he was, he didn't even flinch at my yelling. I rolled my eyes. This practically what happened during the past few days that I was here. Why I had agreed to stay here for the rest of the summer clearly escaped me.
Grumbling, I grabbed both the ends of the blanket but before I managed to do anything else, I felt myself pulled toward the bed. The next thing I knew, I was lying on the bed under the blanket beside him. Glancing at the sleeping figure beside me, I blushed hotly when I found that he was wearing nothing more than just the boxer.
I tried to get up from the bed, but failed miserably since his arms were around my waist, pinning me to the bed. What the hell?
“Hikaru, will you get up already?” I raised my voice, trying hard to control my breath. When my scream still didn't stir him out from his slumber, I gave up from trying to wake him up. I sighed and diverted my gaze to the ceiling.
I wish I don't like you anymore, and then everything will be so much easier,” I whispered, fully expecting him to be asleep.
Imagine my surprise when my line of vision was blocked by none other than the evil twin himself. Automatically, my eyes widened.
Awkwardly, I sat up from the bed. Okay, I think tried would be a better word to describe what I did. On my way to sit up from the bed, my head bumped with his head.
“Ouch, what are you doing, Riku?” Hikaru groaned.
My cheeks blushed crimson, my hands massaging my head. “What the hell? How long have you been awake?”
He grinned. “Since you came through the door? You're a very noisy person.
I glared at him coldly and raised my hands to hit him on the head but he caught my hands on time and pulled me closer to him. “Bet you're having so much fun staring at my body.
Stop being so self-absorbed, Hikaru and will you just get yourself a shower and look at least human before you start talking to me?” I yelled, getting off his bed quickly.
“But you still like me though,” he teased. Groaning loudly, I stormed out of the room and went downstairs.
Why do I have to fall for an ass like him?
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Hikaru POV)
After I finished with my shower, I immediately went downstairs for breakfast. Setting myself in front of my mom, I asked. “Where's Kaoru?”
She averted her eyes from the sketchpad in front of her to me. “He didn't tell you? He just went to Karuizawa this morning.”
I raised my eyebrows. “Why? We just got back from there a week ago.”
“She went there to see his girlfriend, of course,” Riku intervened, plopped down on the vacant seat beside me.
I felt my eyes twitched when she mentioned the word girlfriend. I snorted. “Hah, it's not like he is serious.”
Riku hit the back of my neck violently. “Don't say stuff like that! Just because you were never serious with a girl doesn't mean Kaoru is also like that.”
“I don't like her that much. She is not even pretty,” I whined.
This time, Riku snorted. “Who ask you to like her? As long as Kaoru likes her, nobody cares about your opinion, Hikaru.”
My mom laughed at that. “Hikaru, you sure are losing your touch. Riku-chan is practically beating you up verbally,” she said, placing her things into her briefcase. “Ah, by the way, I have a fashion show in Milan so I won't be back until next week. Is it okay with you two?”
“NO! You can't leave us alone!” Riku shrieked.
My mom raised here eyebrows at her reaction, giving her a questioning look. “Uh.. I mean, sure,” Riku continued, looking slightly nervous.
Once my mom left the house, I turned to the girl beside me. “Why are you so nervous?”
She huffed. “Am not!” she replied harshly, turning around to go somewhere else.
Before she managed to go away, I grabbed a lock of her long hair. Softly, I kissed her hair and said, “Would you give me the honor of spending a day with you?”
She mumbled something under her breath, but I couldn't quite make up what she said. Sighing, she finally answered, “Where do you want to go?”
I grinned. “Let's go to the amusement park!”
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Yukiya POV)
“The construction should start in a week or so,” the company's architect reported.
I scanned through the details and nodded briefly in response. “That's good to hear. Does anyone else have any other question regarding the construction?” I directed my question to the directors present in the meeting.
When I heard no response, I immediately gathered the folders into my bag and called the meeting off. “So, I guess that's it for today. Thanks.”
I quickly got off my feet and dashed toward the exit, but came to a halt when someone blocked the door.
I let out an annoyed sigh. “If you have a question, you should've voiced it out during the QA session, Hideki.”
The devil incarnation smirked. “Is that how a girl should act like?”
I clenched my fist in anger. “You're disrupting my life, so would you just please move out the way?”
“Just because you're engaged to Ootori Akito doesn't change the fact that I'm going to inherit this company, Yukiya.”
I snorted. “Then why bother talking to me?”
“I just want to be a gentleman and tell you that I'm not going to hold back in the fight for the company.”
“Thanks for the head-start, Hideki,” I said sarcastically, pushing past him out of the meeting room.
To tell you the truth, the past few days have become nothing but unbearable to me. After my grandmother made the official announcement to the company about my engagement to Ootori's second son, I was practically attacked by every single available person from the board of directors.
I made my way to my office and leaned into the easy chair. Just when I was about to doze off into a quick nap, came the voice of my secretary. “Mikihara-sama, the representative from Ootori Group is here again.”
Great, just what I need to escalate my headache. “Send him home. I don't want to see anyone right now.”
I sat back against the chair, massaging my temple. I was about to grab one of the folders in front of me when someone barged into my office.
“Sir, you can't go in there,” came the desperate voice of my secretary. Remind me to fire her later. Geez, she couldn't even keep a stupid guy out of my office.
I looked up to see the intruder, expecting him to be the same guy who persistently came for the last few days, but the person who was standing in front of me practically left me gasping for air.
“Kyouya-senpai?”
The said person smirked. “Busy?”
I casted my gaze onto the table. “Not really,” I answered, motioning to my secretary to leave us alone. “Why are you here though?”
He slides a small letter across the table, which I hesitantly took. I opened the letter carefully and read the content quietly.
You're cordially invited to Ootori Akito and Mikihara Yukiya's Engagement Party on..
I paled. “Next week? What's the meaning of this?!”
“You wouldn't want to see our representative for the past few days. My brother asked me to give it to you and see if you're okay with it,” he replied curtly, not even bothering to look at me.
So, you're here just to give me this?” I asked.
He quirked his eyebrows in response. “I couldn't think of any other reason of why I would be here, Yukiya.”
For some reason, my heart just dropped to hear his response. “Oh. Thanks for your effort,” I said before continuing, “And tell Akito-san that this is okay for me.”
Without second glance, he turned around and walked out of my office. Before I managed to stop myself, I lunged forward and grabbed his arms until he came to a halt.
Slowly, he turned and gave me a questioning look. “What is it?”
“You really don't care about this?” I asked, my gaze was fixed onto the floor.
“About what?”
“Everything.. The engagement.. I don't know..”
To my surprise, he answered, “What would you said if I said I do care?”
I let go of his arms. “I don't know.”
“Then, I won't give you my answer,” he said, walking away to leave me alone in my office.
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Kasumi POV)
“Kasumi-chan, can you help me with the store's inventory?” Arai-kun asked.
I nodded cheerfully, grabbing some papers and a pen.
“Wow, someone is happy. You and Kaoru are really going out, huh?”
I chuckled. “I guess so.”
Arai-kun smiled. “I'm glad for you. Oh, speaking of that, have you mentioned this to your brother?”
Almost so suddenly, the smile on my face faded. “Oh, shoot. My brother.”
“You haven't told your brother? Unbelievable.. He's going to get so mad over this one, Kasumi-chan,” Arai-kun continued.
I was about to go into the berserk mode, panicking over what others would regard as unimportant. My brother could be the most difficult person on Earth when it came to my boyfriend. My previous boyfriend decided to dump me after getting a black eye from my dearest brother. I really didn't want that to happen to Kaoru.
“Kasumi-chan, your friend is here..” my other coworker called from the front of the shop. I went out to the front and was shocked to see that Kaoru was standing in front of me, a bunch of roses is in his hands.
“What are you doing here? I thought you went back last week,” I greeted him, taking the roses he handed to me.
“I miss you,” he leaned into me to plant a brief kiss on my cheek. Naturally, I blushed. “Are you free now?”
I smiled. “I still got some more works to do, but I should be free tonight.”
He shook his head. “That won't do.” And without warning, he went ahead to my employer and said, “Can I borrow Kasumi-san for today?”
“But..”
“Just name the amount; I'll pay for all the inconvenience that this may cause.”
: o : o : o : o : o :
“You really don't needs to that,” I said, walking side to side with him.
“It's okay, as long as I can get you out of your work,” he replied.
I chuckled. “Oh, so where are we going?”
“To Hitachiin Summer House. We can dinner there.
I furrowed my eyebrows at his answer. “Wait, isn't it faster if we go there by cab?”
“Isn't it good if we can get to spend more time with each other?” he answered, staring at me.
I blushed hotly. I seriously did not anticipate him to say that.
“Can I hold your hands?” he asked, looking a little unsure of himself when I gave him a questioning look, “Isn't that what couples do?”
I nodded shyly as he held my hand in his.
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Riku POV)
“Do you really have to walk around with that mask intact to your face?” Hikaru asked me for the thousandth times of the day as we walked aimlessly in the amusement park.
“Yes, Hikaru. I'm going to wear this mask all day, Hikaru,” I replied, clenching my teeth.
“Look, it's just weird to be seeing walking beside a girl who is wearing a monster mask, okay!!”
I raised my eyebrow (although I'm sure he couldn't see it). “Which part of `I'm a popular star' didn't you understand? I don't want to run for my life if any of my fans recognizes me.”
“Fine.. Fine.. Do you want cotton candy?” he asked as we walked past a candy shop.
I shrugged. “Sure, whatever.”
He bought the cotton candy and handed it to me. I tried to eat the cotton candy, but eating with a mask on proved to be a challenging task. “Dammit,” I mumbled.
Hikaru snatched the cotton candy from my hands. “You hold the mask up a bit, I'll feed you.”
“What?!”
“Riku, you heard me,” he said as he tried to shove some cotton candy into my mouth.
Wah, she's so lucky. Her boyfriend is so romantic..
I heard some girls behind us squealed. “Hikaru, you should stop it. People might think that we're a couple or something.”
He paid no heed to what I said and continued to shove some more cotton candy into my mouth. “So what if they do?”
I really hated my luck that day. All of a sudden, the string that held my mask intact to my face snapped, and the mask fell silently onto the ground. “Oh, no..” I muttered.
Eh, isn't that Riku from Snow Drop..
Who is that guy beside her?”
Is she on a date or something?”
SNOW DROP!!!
I froze as my fans crowded around me.
SNOW DROP.. WE LOVE YOU!!!”
Riku, please sign my shirt!”
“Please don't push..” I said weakly. I was not used to handling this. Usually, my bodyguard was around to keep the fans from coming too close to me.
Almost so suddenly, I felt someone grabbed my hands and pulled me out of the crowd. “Hikaru, than-”
“No time to talk, Riku. We need to run!” he said, pulling me to a random direction.
“Ah, Riku went that way!”
“WAIT, RIKU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
“AHHHHHHHHHHHHH……”
We ran and ran from the fan until he pulled me into a small alley. The alley was so small that we had to be pressed against each other. I leaned my head against his chest while his head rest on my shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me tightly.
My heart was beating so fast. I wonder if he heard it.
“Ar-Are they gone?” I stuttered, still leaning against his chest.
He sneaked a glance to the side. “Um.. I think so.”
We made our way out of the alley, with my face still blushing hotly. I stole a glance at Hikaru and couldn't help but felt a surge of frustration when his face held nothing that looked like embarrassment.
I tore my eyes off him and started to walk when..
“OMG, where did Riku go? I swear she went this way just now!I need to get her autograph!
Almost suddenly, I felt myself pushed against the wall and Hikaru's lips descended on mine.
“She's not here. Just a couple making out. Urgh.. they should get a room or something.”
“Maybe she went that way..”
When the girls' voices faded off in the background, only then he let me go. “Pheww.. Thank goodness they're gone. Wow, your fans really are persistent.”
I clenched my fist in anger. “Can you stop doing this?”
He looked at me in confusion. “Doing what?”
“THIS! Everything.. Stop being nice to me, and stop doing these things to me if you didn't even mean it!” I yelled.
“I didn't mean th-”
“See what I mean? I know you doesn't mean it in a bad way but..” I buried my face into his chest and continued softly, “.. that doesn't mean you're allowed to do anything you want.”
“I'm sorry.”
“It's so hard to conceal my feelings for you if you keep doing that. I'm scared that I might misunderstand,” I confessed, my voice turning into a whisper.
He wrapped his arms around my waist. “I'm sorry. I know that it is selfish for me to ask you to wait for me, but tomorrow might change my feelings for you.”
Tomorrow might change my feelings for you? What is that supposed to mean? I thought to myself. Did he mean that I might stand a chance?
“Let's go back for now,” he said, calling his driver on his cellphone.
: o : o : o : o : o :
A week later..
Ootori Main House..
(Yukiya POV)
“Please don't move, Mikihara-sama,” the tailor reprimanded me.
“Tried being stick by needles everyday and not moving for day, then you can start talking to me,” I snapped. “Anyway, when will this be finished, grandmother? I need to get back to the office.”
“MIKIHARA YUKIYA! Will you just stopped thinking about the company for a minute and focus on a much more pressing matter here?” my grandmother yelled.
“The much more pressing matter is that my trial period as the president is about to end in two weeks time and what I'm doing right now is attending an engagement party. Didn't that sounds stupid?”
“It's your engagement party, Yukiya. And stop squirming around,” this time, my mother advised me. “She's trying to alter your dress.”
: o : o : o : o : o :
After the announcement of my engagement with Ootori Akito was made at the party, I greeted a couple of the family's friends just for the sake of formality.
Excusing myself from the crowd, I wandered off alone and ended up at the empty corridor of the mansion - or so I thought.
“Is the bride-to-be supposed to be here?” the voice immediately made my heart jumped a beat.
I turned around to come face to face with him. Forcing a smile on my face, I said, “The same goes to you. Don't you usually use this kind of occasions to mix around with some important figures of business world?”
“I'd like to take a break sometimes.”
“Me too.”
“Do you like the ring?”
I stared at the engagement ring around my finger. It was a silver ring with a small heart-shaped diamond adorned the very middle of the ring. “It's pretty okay. I think I would've liked it better if it isn't my engagement ring.”
He smirked. “Glad to know that. I'm the one who bought the ring in the place of my brother.”
“Oh,” came my not-so-intelligent response.
“Congratulation again for the engagement..”
With that very phrase, I snapped. “Do you really mean that?”
“What do you think?”
“I don't get you, Kyouya-senpai. You came to my office last week looking so pissed off, and now you're suddenly being nice to me? It just doesn't make any sense no matter how hard I think about it. If you have something to say, just say it out loud so that I don't have to keep wondering about it.”
My heart literally sank when I saw his smirked turned into a frown. “What about you then? Aren't you the same? You clearly chose to marry Akito but why did you stopped me in your office?”
I was taken aback by his sudden outburst. He sounded so.. un-Kyouya-like. “I.. I..”
Almost immediately, his countenance changed. His frown was replaced by a smirk again. “I won't settle for second place, Yukiya. You should at least know that much,” he replied, swirling around to go back to the party.
To my surprise, he answered, “What would you said if I said I do care?”
I let go of his arms. “I don't know.”
“If you said you care, I would've said that I'm falling for you,” I said it out aloud. I braved a glance at him and my heart thumped louder when I saw that he came to a halt.
Taking a deep breath, I made my way forward and hugged him from behind, burying my face into the small of his back.
“I'm falling for you,” my voice turned into a sob as I continued, “I'm so sorry.”
“Idiot,” he said as he turned around and leaned down to kiss me. But this time, I prepared myself and returned his kiss. It would have been the perfect moment for me if not for the..
“Yukiya, what're you doing?!” came my grandmother's voice.
I broke free from Kyouya-senpai and stared wide-eyed at the middle-aged woman in front of me.
How was I going to get out of this mess?
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
Author's note : Wow, it took me a long time to produce this chapter. So, I really hope you guys like it. So sorry for the cliffie, I promise that I will update around 2-3 weeks than now. I need to take a break cos my finals are coming so need to concentrate on that first.
Anyway, important thing here :
Would you like me to write a sequel of this fic, but Kyouya and Yukiya won't be the lead characters, instead I'm more interested to write more about Hikaru and Riku. I'll came up with a clear synopsis of the story in the next chapter and if many of you like it, I might write a sequel.
So, I guess that's it for now! Luv yA!