Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Host Club Love ❯ The plot thickens ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“I don't like this. It's way too easy…”
 
“Maybe he's given up?”
 
Hikaru shook his head. “Remember the `Which one is Hikaru' game? He kept trying even when he knew he could never win. No, he's plotting something, I can feel it.” Tamaki chose that moment to glance over at the twins and flash a brilliant smile.
 
“I see what you mean. He must know that it won't be as fun without him playing, so he's biding his time.”
 
“…You really think he has that much sense?” The twins regarded each other and thought for a moment.
 
“Nope.” They said in unison. “But then what could…” The idea came to both of them at once. “Kyouya-sempai! He probably came up with a plan and told tono to wait…”
 
“I'm not involved in your game.” The `shadow king' appeared behind them. “Whatever Tamaki is doing, he's doing it on his own. Or he's asked Mori-sempai and Honey-sempai to help. I am no longer involved.”
 
In the distance the bell rang, signaling the start of class. Without giving Tamaki a chance to put whatever plan he might have come up with into action, Hikaru and Kaoru grabbed Haruhi and rushed off to class.
 
Tamaki watched them go, a smirk that would startle Kyouya lingering on his face.
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx
 
“Is there any other business?” Souga Kazukiyo sighed as obviously no one in the class was paying attention to him. “Ladies and gentlemen, this is a class meeting where you're supposed to discuss any issues you might have. Please, if there is anything else that concerns you, bring it up now…”
 
“Squeeeeeaaaaallll!”
 
Kazukiyo gave up. Apparently the class was much more interested in watching the Hitachiin twins fawn over Haruhi-kun than listen to him. “If there's nothing else then this meeting is…”
 
“One moment Souga-san.”
 
Hikaru and Kaoru both tensed as the door to the class slid open, but relaxed when they saw it was only Honey-sempai.
 
“Ah… Haninozuka-sempai…”
 
“Come out here for a minute. I need to talk to you.” Morinozuka Takashi's towering presence in the hall made the class president realize that the cute, bouncy little blonde's request was really more of a demand. Gulping, he went into the hall and slid the door shut behind him.
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx
 
“It's okay Kaoru, it's only Honey-sempai and Mori-sempai. A teacher probably sent them for something.”
 
Kaoru's eyes never left the door. “I don't know… remember what Kyouya-sempai said? What if he was warning us?”
 
“Since when has he been on our side?”
 
Haruhi managed to wriggle from between them. Ever since the spectacle in the music room last week the twins never left her alone at school. “What competition are you two having now? And why can't you leave me out of it?”
 
“Dearest Haruhi,” Hikaru trapped her face between his hands. “We are fighting baka tono for your kiss.”
 
“MOE!!!” The fangirls all screamed.
 
“…No.” Haruhi once again pried herself from Hikaru's grip, only to find herself caught in Kaoru's.
 
“Hikaru, you can't treat Haruhi like that! You have to be more gentle, not like you are with me.”
 
“Of course.” The older twin leaned over the annoyed girl to come face to face with his brother and grasp his chin. “It's just sometimes I forget that Haruhi doesn't like the kind of things you like.”
 
“Hi…Hikaru! Not in front of everybody! Not in front of Haruhi!”
 
“Haruhi is used to it by now, aren't you?”
 
“MMMMOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!” And several someones fainted from over-exposure to moe.
 
“Would you two knock it off?” A foot to one gut and an elbow to the other and Haruhi was free. “I'm not going to kiss either one of you. I should kiss Honey-sempai just to spite you.”
 
“AAAAAAIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE.” By now several of the boys were torn between trying to revive their classmates and covering up their nosebleeds.
 
“Ladies and gentlemen! I have an important announcement!” Kazukiyo looked much better now that he knew he wasn't in any danger of facing legendary martial artists' wrath. “The senior class is deciding to start a program to encourage scholastic achievement. The person with the top grades from each class will be considered a senior student for a week! Let's all congratulate Fujioka Haruhi-sempai!”
 
The unconscious fangirls woke up in time to start cheering and clapping for Haruhi, who at that moment wore a `What now?' expression.
 
Hikaru winced and Kaoru twitched. “Somehow tono is behind this.” Honey-chan grinned at them half apologetically while he helped Haruhi stuff all her things into her bag and then tossed it to Takashi.
 
“You're gonna have so much fun with me and Takashi, Haru-chan! Even though the senior-for-a-week officially starts on Monday, we figured you'd want to find your desk and all your classes. Everybody's gonna love you! Right Takashi?”
 
“Ah.”
 
“Um…Thanks…Honey-sempai.” Haruhi shivered from the evil glares she knew the twins were giving the two seniors.
 
“Haruhi-sempai! Kawaii!!!” Honey-chan shut the door, abruptly cutting off the fangirl screams.
 
“Don't be mad Haru-chan! It wasn't our idea. Tama-kun wants to protect you from being smothered. Please don't be mad!” Haruhi couldn't help but smile at Honey-chan.
 
“I'm not mad… just kind of annoyed at all three of those baka.”
 
“So you'll still eat cake with me and Takashi?”
 
“Of course!”
 
“YAY!” Honey-chan jumped up and wrapped his arms around her neck and piggy-backed all the way to his class.
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx
 
“Who is that guy?”
 
“He's from the host club I think. Fujioka, the scholarship student.”
 
“What's he doing with Honey-chan?”
 
“Isn't Takashi the only person Honey-chan lets carry him?”
 
“Apparently not…”
 
Haruhi tried not to fidget under the scrutinizing stares of all the senior students in the class. Honey-chan had jumped down and ran to tell Usa-chan that Haruhi would be in the same class with him for a whole week. Haruhi tripped over a bag, but quickly caught herself before landing on her face, but not before she heard several sniggers. She fought vainly to keep down a blush and not look directly at any of the other students. All she managed to do, however, was trip over a second bag.
 
This time hands caught her before she was able to stop herself. She smiled ashamedly. “Thanks Mori-sempai.”
 
“Hm.” With an easy motion, he scooped her up into his arms. Dead silence reigned over the class as he walked over to his desk. The desk next to his was rapidly vacated by its former occupant. Takashi deposited Haruhi in the seat and sat in his seat beside her. There was another heartbeat of silence while Honey-chan bounced onto Takashi's shoulders and shoved a big slice of cake towards Haruhi. And then…
 
“KAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
 
Kami-sama! There are fangirls in every class!
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx
 
“Kyo-kun… Usa-chan thinks Kyo-kun is the only person benefiting from this.” Kyouya looked down from his clipboard to regard the tiny senior.
 
“What do you mean Honey-sempai? There was no way I could have known that Tamaki putting Haruhi in a senior class for a week would triple the number of senior clients.”
 
“Honey-chan! Haruhi-kun can't do his homework by himself and I really can't help him. Could you show us how to do this problem?” Honey-chan ran over to where Takashi and Haruhi were entertaining together. It was true; Haruhi's natural innocence was like a magnet. Whichever other hosts she worked with got twice the number of designations they would get alone…it was something Kyouya had to consider for the future.
 
“How long are you going to let this go on?” Renge appeared by him and followed his gaze to the angry twins and the oblivious senior duo who were pawns in Tamaki's plan.
 
“”You claim to be the host club manager. Surely you must see the financial benefits of this.”
 
“Oh…” Renge got a crafty look on her face. “If you're thinking what I think you're thinking, then you're even more devious than I suspected…”
 
“Kyouya-sempai!” The twins finally descended on him. “We need…”
 
“No.”
 
“But you tried to help us this morning!”
 
“Did I?” Renge smothered a giggle at Kyouya's attempt at an innocent face, which only turned out to be even more devious looking. “It must have slipped my mind. Why don't you get Renge to help you?”
 
“What?” All three stared at him open mouthed.
 
“Not the crazy otaku!”
 
“Kyouya-kun, what are you up to?”
 
“Nothing.” Everyone shuddered at his chilling smile. “I just thought that if Haruhi had nothing to do this weekend then Renge might want to invite him over for something.”
 
“How would that help!?” The twins yelled.
 
“I suppose it wouldn't really. Oh, Renge, if you want to visit Haruhi this weekend, be sure to get his number before he leaves or you'll have to call Tamaki for it.”
 
“Wha…” She watched him walk away, more than slightly stunned.
 
“Reeeennggee….” Slowly she turned and found herself nose to nose with two wicked grins. “Would you like to help us with a little plan?”