Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Moving on in Life ❯ Leaving Ouran ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author's Note: I do not own Ouran High School Host Club. Bisco Hatori does. Also this is based on my knowledge after watching *only* the anime. I have not had a chance to read the manga. There may be spoilers if you have never watched it, but for the most part this is entirely based on my own sporadic mind and how I imagined their lives would have turned out.
 
--
 
Haruhi
 
It's been ten years since I graduated from Ouran High School. My experience there, especially in the Host Club were one of a kind. Even though most of the boys and their actions were completely strange to me, I felt as if I could never imagine how life would have been without them.
 
A year after I joined the club, Hunny and Mori graduated. It was sad, seeing them off. I couldn't help crying as I saw them both get their diplomas. Hunny had always understood more than he had ever let on, and Mori had always been my protector. Tamaki had made a “ruling” that they were not to be replaced, as there was nobody else at our school that could ever replace the “best Loli-shota and Wild type hosts that would ever exist.” Yeah, Tamaki was a little strange like that.
 
The next year, Tamaki and Kyouya graduated. That was when our host club officially ended. I had already repaid my debt, thanks to Tamaki's old fiancé, the first year but I was loath to leave the host club until it was finally dissolved. Without Tamaki's enthusiasm towards everything and Kyouya's methodical planning behind the scenes, there was nothing left. I'm not ashamed to say I believe I cried as they left the high school grounds holding diplomas as well.
 
The Hitaiichin twins, Hikaru and Kaoru, were in my year, and I was extremely grateful for that. They had grown from being nuisances to becoming some of the closest friends I had ever had. They had attached themselves to me because I was secretly a female in their club and they enjoyed mercilessly teasing anyone and everyone. They remained attached because they had found in me the first person that could see them as different entities of the same whole. We graduated together with smiles and laughter. It was during graduation that I finally threw off my disguise as a male student, and went into the world as a new woman. Hunny, Mori, and Tamaki had returned to cheer enthusiastically (well maybe just Hunny and Tamaki were enthusiastic) as we finished the ceremony. Kyouya had sent us each congratulations and presents via Tamaki. He had given the twins the latest fashion news that his company had researched. He had gotten me a guide to being a successful lawyer.
 
Now everyone is doing fairly well. I have received my lawyer license and now work defending the poor who cannot afford to pay for lawyers. It is low-paying but very rewarding work.
 
Hunny and Mori opened up the most premier fighting school in the world, and now far richer than they were before. They are genuinely fond of me and often invite me over and give me lessons as well as treat me to excessive amounts of strawberry cake. They remind me every time that if I were to ever run into trouble, I am to call them immediately and they will come.
 
Tamaki has become a traveling pianist, being invited to play in concerts all around the world. His base is still in Japan so he often visits me and showers me with flowers and his inane babbling. He has since started a relationship with Miss Éclair, as she is an avid fan and goes to all his concerts. This drastically improved his relationship with my father, who doesn't view him as a threat anymore. Tamaki had, in fact, confessed that he liked me more than a father should, but I believed that I could not date someone so similar to my father.
 
The twins have since opened up their own fashion empire. They cater to both males and females, becoming models for their own male clothing line. It seems that Hikaru believed Kaoru was also in love with me, and that it would not be fair to his brother to keep loving me, and vice versa. Thus with their indecision they decided that they would simply remain friends. We still keep in touch, and we are still very much best friends. They still take the opportunity to dress me in their latest designs and thrust me out onto the runway whenever they feel bored. I don't mind very much; they provide me with a new wardrobe to “move with the times,” as they say. They have fallen in love with two beautiful models that make them incredibly happy. I am glad for them.
 
And well, the one I had always wanted to keep track of and oddly enough the one that should be in the public eye the most, Kyouya Ootori. His father finally deeded him his successor, which Kyouya declined in order to run an even larger conglomerate starting right out of high school. He eventually merged with his father's company and now he runs everything with his father and brothers making up his board of directors. But other than that, his personal life isn't really publicized. Whether it is because he doesn't wish to have one, or whether is just an extremely discreet person (both of which are possible) I have no idea. This bothers me, a little, because we have always understood each other pragmatically, even when he lied to me it seemed I could always see underneath. Out of all of them, he is the one I have least contact with. And yet, he is the one I fell head over heels in love with even though there was no sign he had ever loved me back.
 
I have finally reached a point in my life where I should start taking some risks, if I want to see some changes. I had made a decision to call him, to ask him out on a friendly outing so I could at least find some confirmation in my heart whether or not I had any chance with him. I pick up the phone and dial his home number (he has given it to all of us from the host club, probably out of courtesy), and my heart is pounding with every ring. It seems like forever before he picks up.
 
“Hello?”
 
 
--
 
Please read and review! Thanks.