Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Moving on in Life ❯ Encounter ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: Haha of course I feel like I can update this fic the best when I have a final tomorrow. But I guess when the story is trying to stick, it's best to write it down soon right? Anyway, this is where it ends, so I hope you enjoyed the story!
 
Feedback is still much appreciated, so read and review please.
 
Disclaimer: I still don't own anything.
 
--
 
Haruhi
 
As I walked the length of Kyouya's office, I could feel my heart beating so loudly that I swear Kyouya should have been able to hear it from where he was sitting. Then, Kyouya started talking. He was rambling, really, and that's when I realized that he didn't know it was me. I took a swallow and mustered up my courage to say one word.
 
“Kyouya.”
 
His head whipped up to look at me, and then there was nothing that I could say anymore. His eyes were so wide and disbelieving. It was so at odds with his crisp black suit and his no-nonsense office where I have no doubt he knew everything about. It was refreshing a little, to see the surprise, but that wasn't the only emotion swimming through those depths that caught me.
 
My heart nearly broke when I identified one of the swirling emotions. He was hurting. He was hurting because of me and because I was stupid enough to let my head get in the way.
 
After we stared at one another for nearly two seconds - it seemed like much longer to me - Kyouya reached up and adjusted his glasses, effectively shielding his eyes and emotions from me. He gave a small cough, before saying in a voice that was so coldly officious that I felt my heart crack just a little more, “Fujioka-san. How nice of you to drop by, unfortunately I have some work to do, so if you wouldn't mind coming back another time…”
 
He trailed off, probably hoping that I would take the hint and leave him alone, but I wasn't about to leave it like this. That cold tone, so different from the warmth he showed me on our date, finally started me into action.
 
“Kyouya,” I said firmly. I waited until he looked at me again. As soon as his eyes met mine, I continued. “You are an idiot.” I watched a flicker of shock flash through his eyes before they quickly shuttered.
 
And then he gave me the smile, the one that he used for his customers in the host club, the one that held nothing real and hid everything he was actually feeling. The one that I hoped he would never use on me. And then, he used the voice that accompanied that horrible smile, “I'm sorry to have offended you, Fujioka-san. I apologize for everything.” Then he gave me a small bow of his head. A dismissal if I ever saw one before.
 
My fist clenched. This was not how it was supposed to go. Kyouya was supposed to at least be happy to see me. But the fact that he couldn't even manage to fake that much, showed how much I had hurt him. My chest hurt. I never wanted to hurt him. Damn.
 
I walked up to his desk, and then went around it to his chair. As I slowly lifted my hand up, he closed his eyes and tensed. He was expecting a slap, probably. For “offending Fujioka-san” perhaps. I gave a small sigh, before placing my hand on his cheek. His eyes opened comically wide and stared as though I had suddenly sprouted wings. I had to laugh a little before gently removing his glasses to look into his eyes.
 
“Kyouya-sempai,” I said with a little grin. “The person I want is Kyouya-sempai.” And then, with more bravery than I had ever possessed, I leaned forward to give him a small peck on the lips.
 
He gave a breathless laugh before sliding his trembling hands up my back. “Are you sure I'm the one you want, Fujio—”
 
“It's Haruhi, Kyouya-sempai, if you please.”
 
He laughed again - I was falling in love with him again every time I saw his smile and heard that laugh of his. “Then, Haruhi, it's Kyouya. I'm not your sempai anymore.”
 
“Well Kyouya, I am sure. I-I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. If you want me, that is.” I was suddenly slightly unsure. What if the twins were wrong? And even if they weren't, who's to say that he didn't stop liking me already?
 
His hands on my back twitched before he finally pulled me close. “I've loved you for so long. I always thought you didn't, that you couldn't…” He stopped before taking a breath and saying, “I'm holding you to what you said, Haruhi. Because I don't think I could ever let you go again.”
 
He gave me another one of those heart-melting smiles before he leaned in and kissed me. I don't think I had ever been happier.
 
[end]