Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Ouran High School Host Club: The Lyrical Beauty ❯ Chapter 1: Welcome to the Host CLub...Sir ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

She ran through the rain. Her backpack bouncing on her back. Sweat forming behind her neck. The cold rain washed it away down her soaking wet shirt. Why was she running?
“Hikari-sama, the car is ready.”
“I'll be right down.”
She was running away from the mansion of nightmares.
Chapter 1: Welcome to the Host Club…Sir.
Slamming her notebook shut, Hikari let out a sigh. Well, she thought to herself, here I go…again. Wish me luck, mom and dad. She put her notebook in her school bag and began to walk out of her room. She noticed her reflection in the mirror: A yellow dress with puffy, long sleeves. A red ribbon tied her white blouse together and rested around her lower neck. Hikari looked at her white stockings and made a face. I look like a little girl, she thought. She pulled out a red ribbon from her bag and put it in her hair.
“Now I look like mom when she was my age,” she said to her reflection. Someone began knocking on her door. Hikari cleared her throat before answering.
“Yes, I'm coming down.”
“Hikari-sama?” said a young voice. Hikari opened the door and saw a young lady curtsying before her. Hikari flashed her a smile and took out a book from her bag.
“Here you go,” she said, “I think you'll like this story. It was one of dad's favorite.” The maid took the book and winked ant her. Hikari felt her heart flutter a bit. Having people read her dad's plays always made her smile.
“Hikari,” said a stern voice. Hikari turned around a saw a tall woman with her black hair stared down at her. Her hair was up in a bun with a pair of chopsticks stabbed in it and was wearing a proper lady suit the color of her hair. “I expect you to do well today. First impressions are everything.”
“Yes ma'am,” she said.
“You're not wearing your hair like that. Put it up this instant,” she demanded and walked away. Hikari took out her hair tie and put her long, brown hair into a high pony-tail. Her red ribbon still in place on her head.
As she walked to the car, she saw a man in a black business suit standing in front of the door. His arms were behind his back and a stern look in his eyes.
“Hikari,” he said, “We're expecting the best. No excuses.” And walked away. “Yes sir,” she said.
When she got into the car, she let out a sigh of relief. She looked to her right and saw coffee and a blueberry muffin on the car table. Hikari smiled. The driver got in and started to drive. Once they were outside the gate, the driver looked in the rear-view mirror.
“You nervous?” said a feminine voice.
“Defiantly,” Hikari replied. She took down her hair while her driver took off her hat. “Thanks for the breakfast, Natasha.” Natasha took down her long, blond hair from her bun.
“It's your first day of school. Your parents would want you to have energy.” Hikari played around with a necklace that rested on her neck. She traced over the lining of a butterfly.
“Yea,” she said, “Mom and dad wanted me to soar through the world spreading my words to everyone.” Natasha laughed.
“They're watching you, kid,” she said, “They always are.” Hikari stared out the window.
“So?” Natasha asked after a moment of silence. “Have you looked at your activity lists yet?” Hikari shook her head. Natasha took out an Ouran High School folder and passed it to Hikari. “There're a lot of clubs to join, but I think the best one is the Host Club.”
“Host Club?” Hikari repeated.
“That's right. It's supposed to be filled with hot hot hot men!” She smiled her giddy smile and looked in the rear-view mirror again.
“They might make you feel more relaxed at school.”
“I doubt it,” Hikari said, “but I'll try it…since you gave me breakfast.” And she bit into her muffin.
Hikari's first day was the same as usually. She had finished her homework during her lunch period, so was free to look around the school. Every school has to have something different, she thought to herself. She took out the club lists.
“You can find these clubs at every school in Japan,” she said with a displeased look on her face. She looked down and noticed a club that was highlighted in bright yellow. “The Host Club?” Hikari heard Natasha's voice telling her to go. I guess I'll check it out.
Hikari walked up to a room that was labeled as “The Third Music Room”. Without hesitation, she opened the door. A smell of fresh roses crept into her nose as she saw petals falling into the room. Seven boys in their Ouran uniform were standing before her. Two of them were sitting on the couch with their backs to each other. Behind them were the other five, looking completely different from one another.
“Welcome,” they said in unison. Hikari didn't speak. Her face showed no expression, but her eyes were staring at their beauty.
“My my,” said a tall blond boy, “what have we caught today?” He came closer to her. “A little lamb walked into a forest of hungry wolves.” He placed his index finger under her chin and lifted her head. “Be careful,” he whispered. Hikari began to feel uncomfortable as she looked into his dark blue eyes…so dark, they seemed almost purple. She removed his hand and walked into the room.
“So this is the Host Club?” She asked them, ignoring the blond boy behind her. A boy with a girlish face let out a sigh.
“Sempai is sulking in the corner again,” he said. Hikari was taken back. He sounds a lot like a girl, she thought to herself. A gentleman in glasses took out a notebook and started to write.
“Just leave him, Haruhi,” he said, “Tamaki isn't used to being rejected.” He adjusted his glasses.
“Tama-chan is upset again,” said a little boy, holding a holding a pink bunny. A much bigger fellow came up from behind him and nodded in agreement. His face was expressionless, but his eyes told her more.
“The Lord,” said the boys on the left side of the couch, “hates it when-”
“-a lovely princess dismisses his charms.” Finished the one on the right. Obviously, Hikari noticed that they were twins identical in every way, as if they were mirroring each other. But it wasn't their auburn hair that caught her attention, it was their eyes. They both had a golden, hazel color, but there was something more. Although they appear similar, Hikari said to herself, they're different…somehow.
“Here,” said Haruhi, “I hope you don't mind instant coffee.” Hikari took it and gave a polite smile. “Thank you,” she said.
“Here, take a seat,” said one of the twins.
“It's more comfortable than standing around,” said the other. The gentleman with the glasses extended a hand.
“I must agree with them,” he said. He pushed her to a couch and coffee table. She sat down and drank her coffee. Her eyes widen when the bitter taste touched her tongue. This tastes like the coffee mom made in the morning.
“Sorry that Tamaki-sempai is a little strange,” Haruhi said. Hikari shook her head.
“It's quite alright,” she replied, “If that's who he is, then that's who he is.”
“Not many people say that about Tamaki-sempai,” Haruhi commented.
“OF COURSE,” screamed Tamaki, “That's just one of my many charms.” He grabbed Hikari's hand. “I'm glad that I have moved you in some way.” Haruhi slapped his hand.
“Sempai,” he said, “Please stop doing that. She obviously doesn't like it.” Tamaki turned gloomy again and sat at his corner. Laughter came from behind her.
“Our Lord doesn't know how to treat a proper guest,” said one of the twins. He came around and sat on the other side of Hikari, his brother right behind. The one closest to her handed her a red rose.
“Please forgive him for his idiocy,” he said. Hikari just stared at him.
“Please take no offence,” she said, “But I have no idea who any of you are or what this is.” All of them but Haruhi seemed shocked by this fact.
“This is the Host club,” said the gentleman with glasses, “A place where young girls come to spend their time with young men.” That's right. Natasha told me that this morning, Hikari thought to herself.
“I'm Ootori Kyouya, the vice president of the Host Club.” Kyouya pointed to Tamaki, who was still sulking in the corner.
“That's Suou Tamaki, the president of the club.” Tamaki rose from his depression and spun his way to the group.
“That's correct. Now, princess,” He pulled out a rose, “What type of gentleman do you prefer? Prince? Wild? Loli-shota? Devil? Cool? Or Natural?” Hikari did not what to say. She was debating telling these people their crazy, or that the wants to know them better because they were something that she has never seen before.
“Do you have sessions?” She asked. Tamaki perked up.
“The host club is open everyday after school,” He ran his fingers through his hair. “The ladies should be coming any time now.”
“Is it alright for me to observe?” The club stared at her.
“I've been told about this club by someone and I want to try to give them a detailed report.” Hikari knew that she was half lying. She wanted to show Natasha what this club was like since she suggested it, but she also wanted to see what the main purpose was of the “host club”
“It's no trouble at all,” Kyouya replied.
{The Host Club is now open}
Hikari began to walk around the room. She noticed that Tamaki was a crowd pleaser. Many of the girls would be moved by the way he just sat there. She took down some notes when something jumped on her back.
“Hiri-chan!” screamed a little voice. Hikari turned around and saw the little boy propped on her back.
“`Hiri-chan'?” she repeated. He nodded.
“Hiri-chan. That's your name, right?”
“Well,” Hikari began, but someone stepped in front of her.
“Mitsukuni,” he said, “There's some cake on the table.” The boy immediately jumped off her and walked over to a table full of girls.
“Thank you,” Hikari said to the gentleman. He smiled and walked away. She continued to write down notes when Kyouya appeared behind her.
“Is everything to your liking?” He asked.
“Yes it is. But, who is everyone else?” Kyouya adjusted his glasses (again).
“If you don't know their names, then you haven't observed them enough.” Hikari glared at him and wondered over to where the little boy ran to.
“Honey-sempai,” said one of the girls, “How's Tokyo U? It must be strange coming back to your high school after you graduated.” Honey swallowed his piece of cake and held his bunny tight. “I wanted to still be in the host club until everyone graduates.” The girls screamed with joy.
“I think that it's bold that both of you still wear the uniform. Especially for Mori-sempai,” said another girl. Honey smiled.
“Takashi wanted to come with me too, so that he wouldn't be lonely.” The girls buried their faces into their hands and screamed. Hikari's eyes grew wide.
“H-he's out of high school?” she asked aloud.
“I know. I was surprised that he decided to come back,” said a feminine voice from behind. Hikari looked and saw Haruhi standing next to her with a tray of coffee.
“You're…Haruhi-kun…right?” she asked. Haruhi smiled.
“That's right.” Hikari smiled. This guy has a lot of girl characteristics about him. That's cool, she thought to herself.
“Is it okay if I follow you? I need to figure out about who those twins are.” Haruhi laughed.
“Sure thing, but I don't think you'd wanna know.” Before Hikari could ask, she saw the twins.
“That's a cute necklace you're wearing,” said one of them, “Makes me think how cute you are.”
“Hikaru!” screamed the other one, “I thought that I was the one that you thought was cute.” He looked away shyly with his hand over his mouth. Hikaru looked at him as if surprised.
“Kaoru…” he said. The girls gathered close to each other and held their breaths. Hikaru grabbed Kaoru's face and gently caressed it in his hands. Their lips almost touching.
“I'm sorry, Kaoru. I couldn't resist seeing your stressful face.” He pulled Kaoru closer. “You're too cute to resist.”
“Hikaru…” Kaoru said. The girls began to scream, “AAAHHH!!! Such brotherly love!!!” Hikari looked over at Haruhi
“`Brotherly…love'?” She repeated. Haruhi nodded. “I told you,” he said. Hikari jotted down her ideas. Homo homo twins…hmm, she thought.
{The Host Club is now closed}
Hikari looked over the notes she had written. This is defiantly and interesting bunch. She closed her notebook shut. “They said that I shouldn't join a writing club, but they never said that I couldn't write.” She mumbled to herself.
“What' are you talking about?” said two voices. Hikari looked behind her and saw the twins leaning on either side of her.
“Nothing,” she said looking ahead. She felt a small breeze on her left neck. Hikari turned her head. The twin she looked at held her gaze. His eyes looked golden as the twilight sun peered through the window. They hypnotized her into forgetting to breathe.
His eyes… she said faintly in her mind, seem strong…and very masculine…just like when-. Her brain clicked. “…Hikaru…” she whispered. The boy blinked in shock.
“Hikaru, stop bothering Hikari,” screamed a voice. Hikari took a breath and blinked her eyes. She had completely forgotten where she was.
“I wasn't bothering her,” said Hikaru, “Kaoru and I were merely talking to her. That's all.” Kaoru got up and walked towards Hikaru.
“That's right,” he said, “We were merely asking her what she was talking about.” A sudden noise filled the empty music room. Hikari scurried through her pockets and pulled out her phone.
“Hello?” she asked.
“Hikari-chan, it's Natasha. Are you alone?”
“No, I'm with…some club members,” Hikari said with a strong voice.
“Okay. I won't keep you. I'm outside waiting. Come down whenever you're ready.” And she hung up. Hikari got up and smiled.
“Excuse me, but I must be going,” she said. With that, she was about to leave when she remembered something.
“Does anyone know where Haruhi is?” Tamaki looked shocked.
“What do you want to see my precious daughter for?!” he screamed.
“Daughter?” Laugher emerged from either side of her.
“Just ignore him,” said one twin. “Yea, Haruhi is his favorite child,” said the other. Hikari kept on repeating the word “daughter” in her mind.
“Fine,” she said swiping their hands off her shoulders, “I'll just look for him myself.” She went towards the back of the room to open their back door. She walked in, closed it, and turned around.
“Hikari? What are you doing here?” Hikari looked up and saw Haruhi. She stood up from leaning against the door and smiled. Haruhi was wearing a pink undershirt while wearing the Ouran pants of the uniform.
“I guess I was right,” she said, “You are a girl.” Haruhi put on her blouse and began to button it.
“Yea, I guess you figured it out. I spilled some coffee all over my other uniform, so I had to change.” Hikari began to laugh. Haruhi looked puzzled.
“I have never met such interesting people since my parents were alive.” Haruhi was taken back and looked puzzled.
“When your parents were alive?” she repeated. Hikari nodded.
“Yea. My dad knew very interesting people. My mom did too, or she met many when she interviewed them.” Haruhi played with her hands.
“I'm so sorry,” she said. Hikari stopped laughing and looked up. Haruhi's eyes were filled with empathy.
“I lost my mother too,” she said, “but I can't imagine losing both parents.” Hikari felt her legs grow numb. Out of her six years of living with her new family, she had never heard an apology from anyone (except Natasha).
“It's okay, really,” she reassured, “My mom's best friend, Natasha, is my personal driver. So I've still got one family member.”
“Yeah, but it still must be hard.” Hikari held her necklace and felt her throat getting tighter.
“Yea…sometimes it is…”
While Haruhi got ready, Hikari told her everything that had happened. Haruhi was amazed at how well Hikari had composed herself for six years. In exchange, Haruhi told her tragedy. Hikari was amazed that Haruhi's dad works at an okama bar and couldn't wait to meet him one day. Haruhi offered an invitation for her to come any time she liked. I really like Haruhi, mom and dad, Hikari thought to her parents, She knows what it's like. Finally, Haruhi and Hikari went to join the other host members.
“What did you see?” asked two voices together. Hikari noticed that the twins were staring at her as if she had committed a crime.
“What?”
“Now another person knows about Haruhi being a girl,” screamed one of the twins.
“What should we do to her?” the other one asked.
“Hikaru, Kaoru,” said Kyouya, “Leave the girl alone.” Hikaru and Kaoru backed off Hikari as Kyouya approached her.
“Did you figure out Haruhi's secret?” he asked simply. Hikari nodded. “Then I guess you have two options before you. I could ruin your life as you know it now (and believe me *adjusts his glasses* I can), or you can work in the host club as a waitress of some sort.” Hikari turned to Haruhi. She had no idea how to respond.
“Kyouya-sempai,” Haruhi began, “Isn't that a little harsh? Casanova-kun knows my secret and he's not working for the host club.” Kyouya placed a smirk on his face.
“Kasanoda-kun wanted to know how he could be like Mori-sempai, so it's an equal price. Hikari-kun, however, has stuck her nose where it didn't belong. So she has to pay a fair price.” Hikari didn't like the fact that she'd be working as a maid for something that wasn't even wrong. What can I do? Suddenly, an idea came into her mind.
“Kyouya-sempai, let me be a host,” she said. Everyone looked at her as if she had told them that Nekozawa-sempai had conquered his fear of the light (don't ask how she knows this). Laughter emerged again from the twins.
“There's no way that you could be a host,” said one of them.
“Hikaru, shut up!” Haruhi replied. Hikaru pulled himself together and walked over to Hikari.
“She has such a womanly figure,” he said grabbing her waist from behind with one arm and his index finger under her chin with his vacant hand. “And she's pretty cute. The girls would see right through it,” he said close to her ear. Hikari tightened her jaw and pushed Hikaru back. She felt her cheeks turn red.
“Watch me.” She grabbed Haruhi and went back into the other room.
“Haruhi, switch clothes with me.” Haruhi hesitated at first, but finally gave in. Once they were done, Hikari pulled her hair in a low pony-tail and took off her red ribbon in her hair. She turned to Haruhi.
“Well?” she asked Haruhi.
“Amazing,” she said, “You really look like a guy. You defiantly take after your father.” Hikari held up a peace sign.
“Now let's show them,” Hikari said and left the room.
When she entered the room, she had one arm leaning against the door and the other hand in her pocket. She was looking at the floor, but felt the host's eyes on her. Be like a guy, she said to herself, be like a guy. She looked up.
“Yo,” she said in a low, masculine voice. She treasured each host's response: Tamaki screamed and held his face; the twins held each other in fear; Mori-sempai had no reaction; Kyouya adjusted his glasses with a smirk; and Honey looked puzzled.
“Who're you?” he asked. Mori-sempai came up from behind.
“Hikari,” she answered. Honey was shocked.
“NO WAY!” he screamed, “But she was a girl a minute ago.” Hikari walked up to honey and bent down on one knee.
“It's okay, Honey-kun,” she said, sounding like a proper gentleman, “Call me Hiroki.” Honey swung Hikari around.
“Hi, Hiro-chan.” Hikari bowed. She walked over to the twins and looked them in the eyes. With a smirk on her face, she went to one. She brought his face close to hers and held it gently in her hands.
“Since you protect Kaoru, who'll protect you, Hikaru?” she said in a velvet voice. Hikaru looked very uncomfortable.
“Hikari, you can tell Hikaru and Kaoru apart?” Haruhi asked. Tamaki hugged her from behind.
“Haruhi, you look so cute!” he squealed. Haruhi let out a sigh, but didn't push him away. Hikari laughed.
“It's easy to tell these devils apart.” And she walked over to Tamaki and bowed.
“Your princess is beautiful,” she grabbed Haruhi's hand and came close to her face. “I'm surprised that you're still with this prince when you could be with a king.” She pulled herself away and struck a dramatic pose, the same way that Tamaki did most of the time.
“HEY! Stop copying my charm!” Tamaki screamed. Hikari walked over to Kyouya with her hands in her pockets again.
“Well?” she asked.
“I must say,” he began, “you defiantly know how to be a guy. But what type of host would you be?”
“Isn't it obvious?” she asked, “Lyrical.” Kyouya looked though his notebook and smiled.
“Well, lyrical is pretty general. What would make you different from Tamaki?” Hikari turned in front of everyone and cleared her throat.
I see her standing there. The wind blowing through her silk black hair. A soft texture against my skin. Her eyes shine brighter than the sun, blinding me from her beauty. Her lips…rouge color. I come close to her, our breaths mingling together. As I leaned in for that kiss,-” She stopped and looked at the hosts. They were all leaning in, waiting for her to finish.
“So you've had your first kiss?” Hikaru asked her. Hikari almost broke her cover, but instead, she let her hair down and ran her fingers through it.
“That's personal information,” she replied and turned to Kyouya. “Well?” she asked again. Kyouya was silent for a while.
“Welcome to the Host Club…Hiroki.”