Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Rubbing The Lamp ❯ Ch 3b Haruhi Dreams ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: Ouran Host Club belongs to Bisco Hatori, not me. I make no profit off this story. If Bisco Hatori-san wishes, I will remove this from the web upon her personal request.
 
Secondary Disclaimer: All characters in this story are at least 18 years of age. While that might seem unlikely - as three of the characters are only sophomores in high school, I figure it this way: if Bisco Hatori-san can ignore the students graduating for two years in a row and keep everyone in the same grade, I can then apply that logic to their ages. Therefore, Haruhi, Kaoru and Hikaru are just 18. Kyoya and Tamaki are about to turn 19. Mori is about to turn 20, and Huni already is 20. (Therefore, according to Japanese figuring, Huni is the only adult. :P )
 
 
This chapter was written as the first half of a response to the week 54 Makin' Lemonaide challenge theme: An interesting dream can lead to strange behavior. *dream can be hentai or lead to the lemon or not at all*
 
 
 
Interim Chapter 2
 
Random rays of light passed through the room at odd intervals, roving past the blinds in flowing stripes that marked the passing of late-night travelers, most likely on their way home from torrid affairs or bar visitations that were unfulfilling, but successful at deadening the loneliness of another blank night.
 
Each ray that passed through the room was just another distraction to keep her awake and thinking about the very strange day she'd just lived as well as the next day to come. She silently cursed - or blessed, depending on your point of view - these drivers, wishing that they'd find real lives to keep them home and occupied so that people didn't have to be bothered with their random headlights. Finally, she gave up and grabbed a spare t-shirt, laying it over her eyes in the hopes of achieving sleep at long last.
 
What was that - what had happened with Kyoya? And Mori… What he'd said… Did he really admit to her that he wanted to date her? Why had Kyoya looked at her like that? His eyes… So deep… and was that look she was trying to decipher desire? Longing? Is that why she had felt herself drawing closer to him - because like attracts like?
 
But why would Mori want to date her? He was tall and proud and beautiful and honorable. Of course he wasn't interested in her like that. Of course not. Not Mori. Not Kyoya.
 
He could have his pick of any of the girls who frequented the club. And they were so different. She was just a simple girl.
 
What did she know of kendo or family heritage and the honor of serving…? The struggle for power?
 
She tried to focus her thoughts on something else.
 
Tomorrow would be four more tasks. First Huni. At least with Huni there shouldn't be any surprises. The twins would be sure to play some sort of joke at her expense - nothing new there. But Tamaki would try to “learn about the common man” from her and do something stupid. Of course, the particular stupid event was sure to be something surprising. But overall, she didn't expect too many surprises for the day - these four were so easy to understand. Not quite two-dimensional, but just not as deep… Mori and Kyoya were the deepest of them all. So many layers.
 
Ah. So that's it. Obviously she was just confused. She didn't feel desire. She hadn't seen anything recognizable in Kyoya's eyes - because they didn't have enough in common for her to be able to know him well enough to recognize what it was that she had seen. (Liar.) And Mori… well he must have just wanted a night to watch that movie, and he didn't want to watch it alone, and he didn't trust anyone else to watch it with him. (Which would mean he trusts you more than anyone.)
 
And of course Kyoya did gain something by having her help him file. Of course he did. He… He got her debt paid off so that he didn't have to continue wasting his time monitoring it. (Right. Are you even listening to yourself? Kyoya LOVES that kind of crap.)
 
Her head still spinning, trying to ignore the voice that was getting louder and louder in her head with each passing thought, she fell into a fitful sleep.
 
 
heydiddlecowjumpovermoonlikesheepoverfenceonetwothreetosleeptosle epperchanceto
 
 
The light was flickering overhead, but the room was so dark it barely made a difference. She turned around to see where she was, but the location didn't seem familiar. Dark, and closed. Like a closet. As she spun her head to the left, she felt a warmth lay itself over the other side of her.
 
Quickly swiveling her head right to see what was causing the heat - inviting heat that pressed up against her - she found her gaze captured by the huge, deep eyes staring into her own. Her name, “Haruhi,” whispered from lips that only spoke the most important of words. Two hands grasped her own.
 
Slowly, so slowly, her hand was raised. Silently he bent over it, raising it to…
 
She looked down at the slender fingers underneath her own. As they twisted to capture her hand, a twinkle of light flashed off his glasses. Even through the reflective glare, she could see his eyes. He wanted something from her. He leaned closer, closer…
 
The sound of breaking glass made her jump and turn. Fragments of a vase on the floor made up a pattern - like kanji. Clearly it read… She blinked and the word it read was gone. Shaking her head images of words spun past her as she bent to clean up her mess. It was all her fault. She needed to clean up so no one else got hurt from her error.
 
The little bunny loving senior was heading her way. “No, Huni-sempai! It's…” She stopped as the image of the protector laid down on the broken shards so that Huni could pass through without coming into contact with the sharp pottery. She smelled blood as she screamed, “NO! Takashi!”
 
He turned his head to look at her and whispered, “It's okay. I'll take care of it for you, Haruhi.” He smiled at her.
 
His glasses were perched on the edge of his nose as he sat back up, the pottery sticking out of his dark shirt at strange angles. “I wouldn't want you to miss your chance to work off your debt,” he smiled at her, but his smile was kind, not shadowed.
 
Horrified, she shook her head and stuttered, “Bu- But you're hurt!”
 
The vines swayed over her head in the typhoon winds. He shook his head as if to say, “It's nothing.” Still she couldn't stop her fingers from reaching out to touch the cuts that the barbed vines had made as they'd passed through, looking for… something… A sharp hiss escaped his lips and she looked up at him to apologize for hurting him even more. If there was one thing she did NOT want to do was to hurt this gentle, kind, wonderful… but his eyes weren't in pain.
 
No. That was not a look of pain in his eyes. Electricity flowed from her fingers into his chest - from his chest into her fingertips, and she gasped.
 
He leaned in toward her and she tried to move backward, give him more room.
 
Instead, she found she was freezing up. Rather than scooting away, she had ended up lying on her back, the tall, oh, so tall man was continuing to lean over her. His tongue licked his lips and he looked at her pleadingly.
 
He walked by her side as she asked, “What is your wish?” The wind blew through the sakura trees and tousled her hair.
 
An amused smirk painted his face. “It is YOUR wish that is more important.”
 
The bed underneath her was soft, and her wet hair pressed into the pillow would have been distracting if it wasn't for the strong frame over her, distracting her. His glasses normally allowed him to hide - no one ever saw his true feelings. But now they were off, and he was over her.
 
He was crawling over her, and she could tell that he was just trying to be kind - to teach her… something… and it was so… heartbreaking. Did he not want…
 
His arms carrying her were so strong and sure, she found herself melting in to them, her heart picking up speed.
 
His voice whispered in her ear as she danced with him, in spite of her grandmother, and her heart skipped as she heard, “You look beautiful tonight, Princess.”
 
And then there was one in front of her and one behind - it was all a joke - except their hands were on her hips and in her hair and she could feel the heat of their breath, giving her shivers.
 
Her heart was loud in her chest. Her pulse was racing. This was… terrifying… But…
 
Thunder crashed through the air and she jumped, ran. She had to get away. Away. Or the lightning would get her. It would take her. It would make her…
 
A bunny was placed in her hands and a soft voice whispered, “Usa-chan will protect you.” Even in her terror, a part of her smiled at the kindness being offered. If only it was enough. Enough to…
 
The lightning struck again, and she pulled the covers on the bed over her head, only to hear a voice, Kyoya's voice saying, “You're smarter than that, Haruhi. You need to make a wish. Once you make a wish, this will all…”
 
His hand stroked up her arm from where their fingers were touching - now she was the only one holding the photograph. “Tell me what you want, Haruhi.” She looked in his eyes. So deep. His hand in her hair.
 
His heat against her side. She wanted… She wanted…
 
She reached out her hand toward his face, reaching up - he was so tall - to his calm, kind, clear eyes, so filled with…
 
Shining behind his glasses with…
 
Fear and… something else… made her voice quaver as she whispered, “Please. Please.”
 
And then, he smiled and turned toward her fully. Predatory. Hungry. “Thank you for fulfilling my wish, Haruhi.”
 
BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP
 
The alarm's insistent call awoke her with a start and she bolted upright.
 
`Damn it! He was just about to…'
 
She gasped as she realized that she wanted him to kiss her - wanted it very much. Wanted him. Wanted…