Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Why Don't You Entertain? ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Ouran High School Host Club is the property of Bisco Hatori. This writing is not made for profit nor am I receiving any for it. If asked to take this down I will comply immediately.
 
AN: Oh boy, I've got a kick from this series. Haruhi/Kyoya is definitely prevalent in the fic portion of my mind as well as a YUA fic that has yet to organize itself well. Expect more of this pairing to come soon. Also, my assumption about him not entertaining any of the number of women who come in may be wrong. I have only seen 4 episodes of the anime and only read volume 1, 3, and 5 of the manga. In them Kyoya never seemed to really deal with any of the women directly. If I am mistaken please let me know for future reference. This thing probably won't change.
 
“Hey Kyoya, can I ask you something?” Haruhi asked as she met Kyoya in front of the door to the host club.
 
“Certainly, although if it's about your debt I'm afraid there's nothing I can do,” he said as he turned to her.
 
“No it's not about that. I just noticed that you never seem to have any designations in all the time I've spent here. You manage the finances and organize the events, but the only girl I've ever seen come after you was Renge. I was just wondering why,” she said
 
“Well, each member participates according to their strengths and it happens that I work best when managing the club rather than actively entertaining guests. That and I doubt I could play it up as much as the others do in order to please their patrons,” he explained to her s they entered the room.
 
Haruhi thought about it for a moment and tried to picture Kyoya behaving like the others. He couldn't pull adorably cute like Hunny, he had no twin to tease the girls with, and the thought of him acting like Tamaki left a feeling of horror she couldn't describe. “Not to be rude but then why are you part of this club? I'm sure you have more important things to do with you time.”
 
“Do you honestly think they could survive without me? As good as they are with entertaining the women, none of them could handle keeping the club running.” he said with a laugh. “But it's also fun to see just how they work with the patrons. It's quite entertaining at times.”
 
“So is that what you've always done in the club?”
 
“I tried some at the entertaining when I first became involved, but it just didn't come to me easily. I couldn't talk like the others did to their customers; it felt a little dishonest to me.” Haruhi just stared at Kyoya after he said this, thinking back to the times he twisted her arm to do things by reducing her debt, selling the movie Renge had made, and more musing at his aversion to dishonest speaking, but not necessarily to dishonest actions. “Besides,” he continues, snapping her out of revelry. “There's only one girl I'd like to entertain.”
 
Haruhi was a little surprised when she heard Kyoya was interested in someone. He'd always seemed somewhat distant to most of the girls. “Is that so?”
 
“Yes, but it would cause some unneeded rumors. When most of the students believe her to be male it could lead to unnecessary trouble for both of us and I wouldn't want that.”
 
Haruhi couldn't help but stare at Kyoya, unable to move, taking in just what he had said. She wasn't sure what to make of it. He was smart and obviously wealthy and in the back of her mind she had to admit he looked very good without a shirt on.
 
“The others should be here soon. Get ready to receive patrons your Haruhi; you still have a long way to go until you get 1000 designations.”
 
When he walked away Haruhi's mind contained only two thoughts. One was that she might not mind having to spend her time with the club as much as she did. The other was that she didn't know if Kyoya would ever relieve her debt. But she didn't find it that important right then.