Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Tsuki no Ie ❯ Never ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Never

-I don't know

What words I can say-


A small smile tugged on pale lips. Gentle cerulean hair drooped about the broad shoulders, Sad eyes lit with a small happiness, buried within. She was singing again, singing her beautiful song. Slowly, Harry slid his power down along wires and circuits, seeking drives for vision.


"Damn," he cursed softly. "All I get is audio." Pulling himself back, harry let the rhythm softly sing him, though he knew the song was never intended for him.


-The Wind has a way,

to talk to me-


Slamming his hand down, Harry glanced briefly at his ghostly appendage. Cautiously, he hit the screen again. The static screen flickered a bit, yet no pain lanced through him. Nothing. No feeling, no emotion. Cursing softly, Harry floated away from the small screen.


"Life with flesh and blood was unsatisfactory because I could feel pain. Because all I felt was pain," he whispered, explaining his own thoughts to the either surrounding.


"But she rejected you then, too, didn't she?" a voice teased. "Picked the handsome hero of course. Schizophrenic little Harry... who on earth would want that?"


-Flowers sing

A silent lullaby

A pray for reply

I'm ready-


Ignoring the teasing voice, a small smile flitted across his pale face. The gentle lyrics soothing caressed his worries, smoothed his fears.


"Why does she have to love him? He never wanted her... he never loved her..." Harry said, voice echoing. Slamming his fist against the screen again, the static flickered, disappearing. She slipped onto the screen, her desolate figure standing near a window, soft light distinguishing her features. A small, sad smile lay upon her lips. Harry pulled himself closer to the screen, every image burning into his mind.


"Melfina..."


-Quiet day calms me

Oh serenity-


Her lips gracefully slipped over the flowing words, providing a small beat. Harry smiled, his eyes filled with sadness that slowly slid throughout his body. Her eyes spilled tears along her cheeks, sharp red lines remaining. Caressing the glowing screen, Harry's transparent fingers tapped against the glass, ringing in his ears.


"No no no," he whispered. "Don't cry Melfina. Please don't," he pleaded, nails scratching the screen.


"I can't bear it!" he screamed, slamming his hand repeatedly against her crying figure, feeling no pain from his hand, feeling no tears from his eyes.


"Stop it," he mouthed.


-Someone please

Tell me Oh what is it they say-


Her words barely sounded from the sobs that racked her. Harry knew he was crying, yet he felt nothing. His soft hair slipped into his eyes, obscuring his vision.


"Please don't cry," he repeated, over and over again. Burring his transparent hands in his transparent hair, he felt his grip on the power systems failing. Frantically, his mind grasped for the intercom links, yet they fell through his fingers. His head shot up, his sad eyes glimpsed Melfina one final time before the screen went static. Her last words echoing throughout the database.


-Maybe I will know one day-