Peach Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Problem with Twins... ❯ Chapter 2-- A Guiding Surprise ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2-- A Guiding Surprise

Suzuki and Maiya sprinted up the stairs and into the main school foyer as the last bell rung.
“I told you that wasn't a short-cut, Maiya!” Suzuki yelled at her sister as the two bent over, trying to catch their breath.
“Sorry, but it just seemed so much shorter when I was walking around yesterday!” Maiya apologized. “And these school uniforms are horrible for running! Way shorter than France's!”
Suzuki nodded. “Totally... but there, it was a long-sleeve dress!”
After a while, the girl's breathing seemed to return back to normal.
Suzuki straightened up. “Oh well, we made it on time anyway... let's go to the main office and figure out our schedules and stuff.”
Nodding, Maiya stood up herself and walked along side her sister to, what they assumed was, the main office.
Maiya opened the door for Suzuki, then followed in herself. The two girls looked around. The room seemed to be completely vacant.
“No one's here...” Suzuki wondered aloud.
“I wonder where they all are... How do we get our schedule and locker assignments?” Maiya finished.
One of the desk phones started ringing. Maiya and Suzuki expected someone to come running to answer, but no one did.
““ That's weird...”” they murmured in unison.
Just then, a head of black hair popped up from under a desk with a hand that groped for the phone. The twins squealed, but watched as the person picked up the phone. “Hai...? Yes.... right.... got it.... thanks.”
Ano.... excuse me?” Suzuki asked the mysterious figure.
Then the person turned around. It was a boy with dark brown-- almost black-- hair. He pointed to himself, his eyes wide. “You talking to me?” he asked.
Suzuki nodded. “Um... are you a student here?”
The boy burst into laughter. “No, no way! I'm Hayato Ichijiku.”
Maiya looked over at her older sister. Suzuki had a light blush on her face, but wasn't showing it as much through her expression. “Well, he IS quite good looking... generally speaking, that is...”
“I'm actually a guidance counselor here!” he finished with a grin, walking around the desk to stand in front of the two girls.
The twin's mouths dropped open. ““WH-WH-.... WHAT?!”” they screamed together.
He laughed. “Yeah, I guess I really don't look the part,” he shrugged, “but I actually just started teaching here.”
“Oh, I see, then!” Suzuki said. “Well, Ichijiku-san-”
“Oh, please!” he exclaimed, leaning on Suzuki's shoulder. “Just call me Kyuu-chan, okay?” he said with a wink.
Maiya peered around Hayato to look at Suzuki. Yet again, on the outside, her sister looked unaffected. But Maiya could tell that, on the inside, she was blushing quite a bit.
“Kyuu-sensei, are you manning the main office?”
Hayato nodded. “Yup! For some reason, they put me in charge!” he said, scratching his head. “Now, what would two cute twins like you be doing here in the main office during class hours?”
Suzuki smiled. “We're new here, actually. I was wondering whether you could get us our schedules and everything?”
Hayato nodded. “Sure, just hold on a second!” He ran back around the desk and started typing away at the computer. After a couple of beeping noises, and a little bit of him slamming his fists on the keyboard, yelling, he had logged into the student search.
“So, what are your names?” he asked with a grin.
“I'm Suzuki Aihara!” Suzuki answered promptly.
Hayato went tapping onto the keyboard, then printed out the schedule. He walked back over and handed it to her, smiling. Then he turned his attention to Maiya, leaning down to see at her level.
“So, and what might your name be?” he asked.
Maiya's eyes opened wide as her face grew redder and redder. “Ano... Maiya.....”
“I'm sorry, what was that?”
Maiya cleared her throat. “It's Maiya. Maiya Aihara.”
“Cool, so it's Maiya-chan, then!” he exclaimed as he ran back to the keyboard.
“Maiya!”
Maiya looked over at the whispering Suzuki. “What?”
“What was up with that ultra-blush? Do you like him or something?”
Maiya shook her head. “No way! He was just... too close...”
“Ahhh....” Suzuki replied, understanding. “That's right.... you still have those personal space issues...”
Maiya nodded a little, turning her head away. “Plus, it was just weird how he leaned over me like that as I had to say my name...”
Suzuki sighed. “Maiya, you really need to work through this talking-to-new-people problem! It's not that hard, really!”
Maiya rolled her eyes, smiling a little. “Easy for you to say-”
“All right, then! Here is your schedule!” Hayato announced, handing Maiya her paper.
Ah-... arigato...” she murmured, looking down at the paper.
“So then, it's Suzuki-chan and Maiya-chan!” Hayato exclaimed. Then he draped his arms around both of their shoulders. “Hey, maybe I could show you around the town later!” he hinted with a wink.
Suzuki moved out from under his arm, then removed the other from a blushing Maiya's shoulders. “Sure, that would be a lot of help. But we should really get going to our class now.”
Hayato nodded, still grinning. “Of course, don't want to be too late on your first day! What are your class numbers?”
The twins looked down at their papers. ““Year 2, Class Number 3.”” The two looked up to see Hayato's eyes wide in shock. ““What?””
“It's just... I thought that the whole 'twins-in-unison' thing was just something you'd find in manga, not real life! But you guys actually do speak in unison!!” he exclaimed with happy surprise. “That's so cool!”
Maiya and Suzuki smiled.
“Yes, sometimes we actually do. You get used to it by now!” Suzuki explained with a grin.
“We're not sure; maybe it's a Twin-Mind-Link or something!” Maiya said with a nervous chuckle.
Hayato grinned. “Hey, so you CAN speak on your own!”
Maiya blushed a little at being called out like that, frowning. “Y-yeah, of course I can...”
Suzuki and Hayato laughed. “Anyway, my younger cousin is actually in your class! Hey! Maybe you should get him to show you around! He's a bit of a good-off, but he's really a good guy!”
Suzuki nodded. “That sounds good. Does he look like you?”
“Meh, a bit,” Hayato replied, shrugging.
“All right, we'll look for him, then! Bye, Kyuu-sensei!” Suzuki said with a wave, heading towards the door.
“See ya later, Suzuki-chan!”
Maiya looked hard at the older boy. She could see a light blush covering his face as he waved good bye to her sister. “Hmmm.... interesting...”
Maiya leaned over and bowed. “B-bye bye, Ichijiku-sensei.”
“Hey, I told you, just call me Kyuu-chan! Not 'Ichijiku-sensei'!” Hayato exclaimed, saying the unfavored name in a low, deep tone. “It's just WAY too formal and uptight-sounding!!”
Maiya shook her head. “I'll just call you Sensei.”
Hayato sighed. “Fine... for now, then!”
Maiya gave him a small smile, then the two sisters walked out of the main office.