Peach Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Problem with Twins... ❯ Plans to Help and Deceive ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 5-- Plans to Help and Deceive

“No, I promise you! The other guidance counselors all just chill out and eat in the teachers lounge when they have nothing to do!”
Kairi and Hayato laughed as they thought of all of the older counselors, sitting back and eating rice balls together. The two were driving to school that following morning. Hayato had managed to drag Kairi out of his bed.
“Oh, hey, I didn't get to ask you this yesterday...” Kairi began. “But what do you think of the twins?”
Hayato thought for a minute. “Well, they're very interesting... quite like those necklaces they wear.”
Kairi tilted his head to the side, confused.
“You didn't see them?” Hayato asked as he stopped for a red light. “They were each wearing a half of a yin yang symbol. Suzuki-chan is white with a black dot, while Maiya-chan has the reverse.”
Kairi chuckled. “That fits them so well.”
Hayato agreed, accelerating after the light. “They are so different... but have so many similarities, as well. Suzuki-chan is so out-going, and just has that natural draw to like her! She's fun to be with, makes great conversation, and she's quite a cute girl. You really can't help but... like her.” Hayato paused, realizing that he was almost used another “L” word in the place of “like.” Then he started to explain Maiya. “Maiya-chan is so different, but shares some of her sister's qualities. You can't help but like her as well, and she's also a very pretty girl. She just needs a lot more confidence in herself... and possibly, in other people as well. She seems to have some trust issues. But I can tell that she really tries to talk to people.”
Kairi nodded. “Yeah... she seems like she's trying so hard....”
Hayato looked over momentarily at his younger cousin, seeing the peculiar expression on his face. “So,” he asked, trying to sound casual, “what do YOU think of the Aizawa twins?”
Kairi pondered for a moment. “Well, Suzuki-chan is just how you said it. She's fun to be around and talk to. Both of them really care about one another, and they really don't seem like just regular siblings. They're more like best friends and siblings.” Kairi hesitated, trying to figure out how he felt about the second sister. “Maiya-chan... I don't know...”
“What do you mean, 'you don't know'?” Hayato stopped for another light and looked at Kairi. “You do at least like her as a friend, right?”
Kairi scratched his head. “Yeah, of course I like her as a friend! She's nice, shy... cute...” Kairi felt his face turning red. “I don't think I've felt this way about a girl before! I mean, usually I go for the ones that have bright, loud personalities, right?”
Hayato nodded. “That is your usual type...”
Kairi shook his head. “But she's... she's just so damn cute... I guess it's just, like, I want to protect her or something! I don't want anyone to hurt her...”
Hayato chuckled, causing Kairi to look up. “Yeah, I know what you mean. You just want the best for her. She's kind of like the shy puppy left out, scared, in the rain that you just want to reach out to and take home with you and cuddle with in your bed!”
Kairi gave his cousin a look of judgment. “Kyuu... coming from you... that last statement sounds SO wrong...”
“What do you mean?!” Hayato exclaimed indignantly as he pulled into his usual parking space.
“You sound horny rather than protective...”
“Yeah, that's something, coming from you!”
"Hey, Kyuu-sensei! Kairi-kun!"
The two boys turned from their bickering to see two familiar girls biking their way. The girl in front, Suzuki, was driving with one hand, waving with the other. Maiya, the second, was yelling at her sister to put her other hand on the bike handles and to drive properly. The twins screeched to a halt in front of Hayato and Kairi.
"Suzuki, what if you'd crashed?!" Maiya said, clearly in freak-out mode.
Suzuki merely shrugged it off. "I wouldn't have crashed, Maiya, I do that all the time!"
Hayato and Kairi chuckled at the twins as they walked into the school.
"Well, I can see that you two are pretty energetic this morning!" Hayato joked, winking at the girls.
This sent Maiya into another blushing frenzy.
Suzuki laughed. "Well, I had to literally drag Maiya out of bed this morning!"
"Oh!" Kairi exclaimed. "So, Maiya-chan isn't a morning person?"
"Oh, heavens, no!" Suzuki exclaimed, hugging a further-blushing Maiya. "This girl? She needs to be woken up, forced out of the bed and shaken before you can even THINK about her fully getting out of her room and conscious!"
Hayato and Kairi burst into laughter as Maiya's face grew with color more and more.
"Well, my Maiya-chan, how did you sleep last night?"
Maiya gave Kairi a questioning look.
Kairi grinned, then exploded into a hugging fit. "Aw, you're just so adorable, Maiya-chan!" he exclaimed, embracing her. "Just like a little puppy! That's it, you'll be my little puppy-Maiya-chan!"
Maiya blushed. "I am not your 'puppy' pet anything!" she yelled, stomping ahead.
"Aw, c'mon, wait up, Maiya-chan!" Kairi said, jogging to keep up with her.
As the other two were left behind, Suzuki leaned closer to Hayato. "Hey, Kyuu-sensei? Do you think that I could come visit you during lunch break? I have something that I want to talk to you about."
Hayato nodded, a light pink rising to his face. "S-sure, Suzuki-chan! No problem!"
The group entered the building and started walking towards the lockers.
"Well, I better head out, guys! Have fun in those boring classes!" Hayato said, waving as he walked towards the guidance rooms.
Suzuki, Kairi, and Maiya waved as he left, changed into their indoor school shoes, and started walking to their class.
"So, like I said, we should totally do something this weekend!" Kairi exclaimed.
Suzuki nodded. "That would be fun! We'd all have fun."
Maiya said nothing, still embarrassed and frustrated by Kairi's earlier comment.
Kairi grinned, looping his arms around the girl's shoulders. "Then it's decided! We'll figure it out during lunch!" Kairi then let go of Suzuki, allowing her to head on over to her desk. "Until then, Suzuki-chan!"
"M-matte!" Maiya said as Kairi swept her away to their desks down the row from Suzuki.
"Oh, hohohoho! I know, right? The bag was SO expensive when I looked for it in the stores, but then when I showed up for that photo shoot yesterday, they had the bag there! I told them about it, and they said that I could keep it, totally for free!"
"Whoah, that's so cool, Sae-chan!"
"Totally! I really wish I had a job as cool as that!"
Suzuki rolled her eyes and sat down in her seat next to Momo. "Who's that?" she asked, gesturing over to the big-headed girl.
Momo turned around, looking at the girl. "Oh, her? That's Sae Kashiwagi. She's turning back into one of the most popular girls at the school."
Suzuki glanced back, putting her bag on the back of the seat as an excuse to get a look at the girl. Sae had big brown eyes with matching hair that was cut into a bob that ended at her chin. Her china doll-like skin was flawless as she sat on her desk, legs crossed, looking like she was the self-proclaimed queen of the world. She even had the whole fawning flock of boys circling around her, complimenting the girl every chance they got.
Momo shook her head as Suzuki spun around. "Don't trust her."
Suzuki turned to see Momo. "What do you mean?" she whispered.
Momo bit her lower lip. "See... She's the kind of person who'll pretend to be your friend, but she'll also be the one to hurt you the most in life.
Suzuki had a feeling that Momo knew all too well about Sae's tendencies towards friendships.
"Hey, Suzuki-chan!"
Suzuki looked up. Some of the boys who had been over by Sae had come over to talk. Regardless of who they had been talking to, Suzuki smiled. "Hi!"
The group all smiled at her. "We thought that it was time that we introduced ourselves to you! I'm Yuuta Kayahito."
"I'm Kazuki Denjiro!"
"Yo! The name's Daiki Chokichi!"
Suzuki smiled. "It's nice to meet all of you!"
"All right, everyone," the teacher called out, entering the room, "please take your seats!"
The boys waved a quick farewell to the cute, new student and ran off to their seats. The lessons seemed to go well, except for an unnoticed pair of brown eyes staring daggers at the back of a specific dirty-blonde head.

"Hey, Suzuki-chan!"
Suzuki turned to see Sae, smiling at her from in front of her desk. Their morning break had begun a minute or so ago, and the whole class was chatting.
"Well, I can't really be rude to her. Momo-chan told me to beware of her, but I can at least be pleasant to her."
"Hi, you're Sae Kashiwagi, am I right?" Suzuki questioned, cracking a friendly smile.
"Oh, you already know my name! That's great! You don't mind if I call you Suzuki-chan, do you? You can call me Sae-chan, if you want!"
Suzuki nodded. "Thank you very much." She looked down and saw that Momo was clenching her hand as Sae spoke.
"Hey, Suzuki-chan!" Sae started to say. "Do you think you could accompany me to the bathroom?"
"Oh, God in Heaven... is this it? This sounds like something from Maiya's manga books..."
"Sure, why not?"
Suzuki stood up and followed a gushing Sae out of the class. Before leaving, Suzuki turned to look at Maiya. Kairi was animatedly talking to her about something as Maiya only nodded.
"Probably something about this weekend..."
Maiya looked up, as if she could feel her sister's stare. She smiled, rolling her eyes at Kairi, then gave her a look that questioned where she was going.
"Bathroom," Suzuki managed to mouth before Sae pulled her along to the restroom.
As soon as they reached the girls' bathroom, Sae pulled her in. Suzuki could see the immediate change. The girl's friendly eyes and smile turned to ice cold. Her cute-girl skipping and running turned into an offense, hands-on-hips stance. Her tone turned harsh, as well.
"So, who the hell do you think you are?"
It took Suzuki a moment to reply. "Um, excuse me?"
Sae rolled her eyes. "You heard me. Who the hell do you think you are? You think you're cuter than me?! Miss Vacation in France and America? Trying to get all the guys to like you with your weird, flashy hair and confident, sociable attitude? Like, really?! They'll be bored of you within the week, maybe even a few days! They just like you because you're new here."
Suzuki couldn't respond to Sae's rapid-fire bashing.
"You and your 'oh-so-shy' sister... you guys look so weird. Did you two rehearse this act? You'll be all out-going and make the guys come, and your sister would take the cute, little innocent girl routine and you both would get something out of it? What, you some kind of slut or something? Because if you're trying to look for guys, seriously, with that hair and tan?" She meanly laughed. "All you'd have to do is go out in the town and I'm sure some old pervert would gladly ask you to come with him and-"
"Okay, this is enough!" Suzuki said, her own tone turning very commanding, making Sae stop. "You don't know me, and you definitely don't know my sister. You don't know what we've gone through, just like I don't know anything about you. I do understand this, though. After everything that you'd just accused me of, the only thing that I've heard leave your lips are words of jealousy and inferiority. I'm not trying to make you unpopular; I'm not trying to take your place and I'm DEFINITELY not out to get your fan boys. I was just being nice to my fellow classmates; they just introduced themselves to me. It's very unbecoming to be that jealous, so just understand that I'm not trying to take any of your glory away from you."
Then, Suzuki spun on her heel and walked calmly out of the bathroom, leaving a very surprised Sae.
"W-what the hell?!" Sae muttered. "She thinks I'm JEALOUS?! Of HER?! Yeah, right, we'll see who's jealous! If she thinks she can talk to me, Sae Kashiwagi, the most popular girl in school, like that, then she has another thing coming!!!"

"Seriously? I couldn't believe that Ishikoji didn't know the answer to that problem! The poor kid just froze up there, though..." Kairi said, talking about a classmate of theirs as the group walked down the hall to the lunch room.
"Yeah... I felt a little sorry for him, though!" Suzuki said. "He really did just freeze up there!"
"I thought the kid was going to wet his pants or something!" Kairi said, chuckling a little. "I did feel for the guy, though."
"Totally!"
"And then Kashiwagi started making fun of him in the back. What a jerk!" Kairi said, making a face.
Maiya looked up, speaking for the first time since the break had started. "Speaking of Kashiwagi-san, what did she say to you, Suzuki?"
Suzuki was a little taken aback by the question, but quickly recovered. "Just a lot of crap... nothing to worry about, though, Maiya, I handled it. I'll update you later if you're still interested."
"Aw, I want to hear! This sounds like good gossip!" Kairi said, pretending to sound like a girl.
Suzuki and Maiya rolled their eyes.
"But seriously," Suzuki continued, "it's nothing to worry about, Maiya. Now I have to get going, okay? I need to head up to the front office. I'll catch you guys later!"
Maiya's eyes widened. "W-wait! What do you mean? You're leaving me alone with HIM?!"
Kairi frowned. "Hey, that's not very nice, Maiya-chan! We get this lunch period to be alooooone!"
Maiya stopped for a minute, staring at Kairi. Then she turned to Suzuki, her eyes wide with fear now. "PLEASE, Suzuki, you can't leave me here!!!"
Suzuki merely laughed and hugged her sister. "Don't worry, I'm sure Kairi-kun won't do anything to you during lunch period. The school cafeteria isn't exactly the most romantic spot. Now I'll catch up with you guys after lunch, okay?"
"No, Suzuki, wait up!!!!"
Suzuki scratched her head as she ran down the hall in the direction of the guidance office, feeling extremely guilty. "Sorry, Maiya!"
Kairi grinned and hugged Maiya. "Don't worry, Suzuki-chan! Leave everything to me!"
"That's exactly what I'm doing, Kairi-kun... you have no idea..."

Hayato looked up at the clock for the fourth time in a minute. "It's her lunch block... she said that she was going to come during the lunch block, right?"
He poked at the contents of his lunch with his chopsticks, resting his chin in the palm of his other hand. Hayato was thoroughly confused. "I mean, it's probably some kind of school-related problem, right? I mean, she wouldn't come here just to see me, right? What am I, some kind of idiot?!" he yelled at himself, scratching his head. "But what kind of school-related problem would she have? She just got here-"
Suddenly, there were three sharp knocks on his door. Hayato spun around, trying to compose himself. "U-um, yeah?"
The door opened to reveal Suzuki, heavily breathing from sprinting through the hallways. "Sorry, Kyuu-sensei!" she apologized. "I know I'm late... I had a little bit of trouble getting away from the others."
"Oh, it's no problem!" Hayato replied with a smile. "I don't want her to know that I've been stressing about this all day..." Suzuki sat down. "So, what's this about? Problems in class?"
"Well, you see, Kyuu-sensei..." Suzuki started. "I know we haven't known each other for very long-"
"W-wait... what?"
"... but I really feel like I can trust you."
"What?! What's she talking about?!" Hayato screamed inside his head.
"And I just couldn't think of anyone else who could do this job like you could."
"W-wait, Suzuki-chan... I'm a little confused," Hayato said, scratching his head again.
Suzuki stared him in the eyes. "I want you to.... help me with Maiya."
Hayato froze. "M-Maiya... chan?"
Suzuki nodded. "Yeah, I want you to help me with her."
"Ooooh..... I understand now!" Hayato realized.
"See, Maiya has a real problem with talking to people, boys especially! She's developed this anti-social complex, and I really think that she needs a nudge to get out of it! I was thinking we could work together to help her out!"
Hayato shook his head, a small smile forming on his face. "You really care about your sister, don't you?"
Suzuki nodded. "Of course! So, will you help me?"
Hayato grinned. "Sure. It's my job to help people, after all!"
Suzuki's lips spread into a wide smile. "Great! Now... my first mini-goal is this: Maiya doesn't really talk to people, so I think that she needs to work on that first."
Hayato nodded in agreement. "That's a good first step. She needs to learn how to talk to others. I think that you'll have to nudge her on that, since you usually speak for the two of you."
Suzuki bit her lower lip in thought. "Hm... maybe I'll start replying with something that only I like...? So then, Maiya will have to speak up for herself!"
"I think that's a perfect start," Hayato agreed.
Suzuki grinned. "So, you'll help me with this plan to get Maiya out of her shell?"
Hayato sighed, then shook his head. "I guess I have no choice."
"Awesome! Thanks, Kyuu-sensei!" she exclaimed, giving him a quick hug. "Oh, crud... I have to get back to class! I'll see you later, okay, Kyuu-sensei?" And with that last comment, Suzuki ran out of the guidance room, leaving a blushing Hayato behind.

"Maiya-chan, wait up!"
Maiya continued to speed-walk down the hall, trying to get back to the classroom. "Maybe if I walk fast enough, he won't keep trying to embarrass me like this!!!"
Kairi finally caught up to her, grinning. "Why're you running away from me?" Then he quickly wrapped his arms around Maiya, causing her to freeze. "Am I just so cute that you can't stand to look at me?"
Maiya stopped and looked up at Kairi with a horrified expression. "What does he mean by THAT?!"
Kairi looked down at saw Maiya's peculiar expression and chuckled. "You're way adorable when you do that, you know."
Maiya's face exploded with color as she yanked herself out of his arms and stomped her way into the classroom, attempting to leave Kairi behind.
But, of course, it couldn't be that easy.
"Aw, c'mon, Maiya-chan! Don't be like that!" Kairi yelled as he tried to catch up with her.
Maiya sat down at her desk. Kairi, of course, followed.
"It was a compliment!" he exclaimed, sitting down in his seat next to her. "You don't have to make a big deal about it!"
Maiya didn't say anything in reply, but took out her notebook.
"Oh, so you're gonna ignore me now?"
Maiya looked away and down at the paper, trying to doodle something. "Ugh, why does he keep this up...?"
"Will this make you pay attention?"
Maiya turned, a little concerned with what he was going to pull. She was met face to face with Kairi, his eyes closed and lips comically puckered. He hugged her and started to lean forward towards her face.
Maiya freaked out, pulling against his grip. "Get offa me, you weird perv!" she hissed, trying not to make a big scene as the kids started to return to the room.
"Aw, why, Maiya-chan? You're just so soft, I want to just hug you!" he exclaimed, rubbing his cheek against her shoulder.
"P-please... get off of m-me!" she stuttered, her embarrassment getting the better of her. "W-why do you h-have... to do this to me!"
Kairi pulled back a bit, not letting go of her, his face and voice turning kindly serious. "Because you're adorable when you're embarrassed, Maiya-chan."
Maiya's face immediately turned red as she froze up. "W-what does he think he's doing...? Saying that all of a sudden... he's just trying to get me embarrassed because he likes poking fun at me!"
"Well, you two seem like you're having a fun time!"
Maiya looked up, trying to pull out of Kairi's grip. Suzuki was standing in front of their desks, a little smirk on her face.
"Hiya, Suzuki-chan! How was your lunch date with Kyuu-chan?" Kairi asked, still not letting go of the beet-red Maiya.
"Well, it wasn't really a date..." Suzuki said, cryptically. "Just a meeting. I needed some help with something."
"Oh, okay!"
Suzuki then looked over at Maiya. "Um... Maiya?"
Maiya's face was stark-white, and her eyes looked a little vacant.
Suzuki's eyes widened. "Um, Maiya? Are you okay...?"
"Em--- Em... barrass.... K-Kai....." she managed to stutter. "Kai-.... hand..."
Suzuki and Kairi looked at Maiya. They realized simultaneously that Kairi's arm were still wrapped around her in a hug.
"Kairi-kun, quick! Let go of her!!!"
Kairi let go of Maiya, raising his arms in the "I'm innocent!" pose. "W-what'd I do?!"
Suzuki sighed. "You embarrassed her too much... so now she's going into a shock... What'd you say to her anyway?"
Kairi thought back. "What's I say? Oh... wait.... "'Because you're adorable when you're embarrassed, Maiya-chan...' Ooooohhhhh...."
BAM! Maiya's head fell down as she face-planted into the desk.
"No, Maiya!!!!"
"All right, everyone, settle down, settle down!" the teacher called, entering the room. "Now take out your History books to chapter seventeen..."
Maiya slowly rose her head, a bright red spot blooming on her forehead. She heard Kairi snicker. She turned, her face still a little bit pink. "W-what...?" she whispered, taking out her book.
"Your forehead!" he pointed. "You have a mark where you hit the desk!"
Maiya's blue eyes widened as she shifted her hair so it covered the mark, trying to continue with the lesson.