Pet Shop Of Horrors Fan Fiction ❯ Denial ❯ Denial ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Pet Shop of Horrors and I make no money from this or any fanfic I write

Pairing: Leon + D

Category: General

Rating: PG-13 just to be safe

Warnings: Shonen Ai, possibly language later.

Title: Denial

Notes: This is my first attempt at writing for this series. If I got this horribly wrong, please let me know.

For the Hundredwords Challenge Day 12

Words: 586 (yeah, I know, WAY over the word count...again.)

 

 

DENIAL

Part One

 

 

Detective Leon Orcot found himself glancing at the wall clock for the tenth time in as many minutes.

 

'It's almost time,' he thought nervously, running his hand through his short blond hair. On the heels of that thought, 'Maybe this isn't such a good idea...'

 

Before he could change his mind, he pushed back the kitchen chair he had been sitting in and walked across his small apartment until he reached the front closet. His hands trembled slightly as he gripped the knob and pulled open the door. He removed his coat and looked at it for several long moments. It wasn't an ugly coat, but certainly not a dress coat by any stretch of the imagination.

 

"What the hell do I need a dress coat for anyway?" He muttered aloud. "It's not as if I'm going anywhere special."

 

Ah, but the truth of the matter was that he was indeed going somewhere special. Someplace exotic, mysterious and alluring. A building down in Chinatown every bit as fascinating as its owner. And that was saying a lot.

 

A glittering pair of miss-matched eyes scorched through the Detective's mind, violet and gold, an unusual color combination. A small shiver worked its way down his spine. He shook his head violently, but was unable to clear the image completely. He had to admit that Count D's eyes were extraordinary. How often did someone come upon such a bewitching gaze?

 

"Yeah, they're bewitching all right," Leon grumbled as he shrugged into his coat and deftly fastened the buttons. "Those are the eyes of a man who has a lot of secrets to hide."

 

Leon shifted his shoulders awkwardly within the confines of his coat. While in relatively good repair and certainly warm enough for the rather unusual December snow that awaited him once he left the protection and warmth of his apartment building - the largest amount recorded since 1962. The coat, really not more than a lined jacket, was an old one he'd had since his college days, even before he had joined the police academy. He had filled out in the chest and shoulders since then and the fit was now a bit on the uncomfortable side. Still, he didn't exactly have the money to buy a new one so it would simply have to do. Besides, how often did it snow in Los Angeles?

 

He was halfway out the door when he realized that he had forgotten something. He cut a glance at his wrist watch and groaned aloud. If he didn't hurry he'd be stuck in the early rush hour traffic and then he'd never get there on time for tea. And if there was one thing the Count frowned on, it was tardiness.

 

Quickly he cast a glance around his messy apartment until he finally saw what he was looking for. He walked over and retrieved the brightly gift-wrapped package resting on the cluttered end table next to his worn out sofa. He turned it over in his large hands as he inspected the wrapping job, making sure everything was perfect. The wrapping, vivid electric blue paper bound with golden ribbon, was professional in appearance, as it should be considering that he had paid the customer service lady at the post office an outlandish fee to wrap the darned thing for him. Artful in its own simplicity. Leon was certain D would approve.

 

Or at least he hoped he would.

 

 

TO BE CONTINUED...