Petite Princess Yucie Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Kisses: Arc and Yucie ❯ After the Show ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: “After the Show”
Author: Wish Wielder
Pairing: Arc/Yucie
Fandom: Puchi Puri Yucie
Theme: #7 (superstar)
Disclaimer: “Puchi Puri Yucie” and all respective properties are © Gainax/Yucie Committee. Meg “tN!!” D. (Wish Wielder) does not, has never, nor will ever own “Puchi Puri Yucie.”

“After the Show”

“You did good today, Forehead.”
Yucie turned around in shock, her eyes widening as the unexpected voice startled her out of her reverie. She saw Arc walking up to her, and she briefly wondered what he was doing so far away from the castle. She was almost home, after all, and she lived a good distance from the city. She waited for him to catch up to her before continuing her journey.
“I didn’t know you were there,” she said, giving him a shy look. A light blush had spread across her cheeks at his words, and she was forced to wonder if he had been sincere or if he was just teasing her, like he usually did. He looked down at her in surprise.
“What? The Puchi Puri throw a concert and you expect me to miss it?” he asked, his voice feigning hurt. “I’m surprised, Forehead!”
“Stop calling me that, you big jerk!” she said, glaring at him. His grin grew as he poked her forehead.
“Then what would you have me call me you? ‘Princess?’” he asked. Her blush intensified as she set her gaze ahead, determined not to look at him.
“And why would you do that, huh? I’m no princess,” she said.
“But you will be,” he said. She stopped at looked at him, her eyes wide. He walked another step or two before he realized she was no longer beside him, and he turned to look at her expectantly. “Are you coming?”
“Arc, I…” she started, but she couldn’t find the words to finish. He walked back to her and crouched down so that he was eye-level with her.
“You girls are pretty famous now,” he said. “The superstars of the kingdom, if you will. You have a lot of people rooting for you to succeed.”
He leaned up and kissed her forehead, once again causing her face to take on a light pink tinge. He leaned back and looked her in the eye once more.
“Just remember, no matter how famous you get, I’m still waiting for you,” he said. He winked at her, and she smiled confidently before nodding.
“Thanks, Arc,” she said. He smiled and nodded.
“No problem, Princess,” he said. He stood and gave her a gentle push forward, and their journey to her home continued. She didn’t bother asking why he had decided to accompany her, or why he hadn’t told her he had planned on going to the concert. She just walked along, talking with him and enjoying the company of her biggest fan.

owari

a.n.:
This is for the 30 Kisses LiveJournal community. Candy-chan (Candyland) inspired me to join with her Prétear fics for ‘em. -sheepish grin-
Anyway, set after ep21, where the girls had their concert. I couldn’t really see Arc not showing up for that (you know he was hiding in the stands
somewhere), and I also wanted an explanation for why he just suddenly starts calling her ‘Princess’ instead of ‘Forehead’ (in ep23). ‘Nyway, hope you enjoy!

Comments and constructive criticism welcomed. Please, don’t flame. If you can’t say your CC without flaming, don’t bother. Flames will be used to fuel Az’s bonfire for the yummy s’mores.