Petite Princess Yucie Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Kisses: Arc and Yucie ❯ Codeine ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: “Codeine”
Author: Wish Wielder
Pairing: Arc/Yucie
Fandom: Puchi Puri Yucie
Theme: #18 (“say ahh….”)
Disclaimer: “Puchi Puri Yucie” and all respective properties are © Gainax/Yucie Committee. Meg “tN!!” D. (Wish Wielder) does not, has never, nor will ever own “Puchi Puri Yucie.”

“Codeine”

Arc’s eyebrows furrowed as the near-silence around him was disturbed. Just a moment ago, he had been lying in bed, holding his sleeping wife and simply listening to the sound of her breathing. He had woken up earlier than usual, and he didn’t want to awaken Yucie by getting up. So he had stayed there, with her pressed possessively to his chest, and he had listened to her. Her breathing had been lulling him back to sleep, and then the spell was broken by a violent fit of coughing. Ok, maybe not “violent” violent, but it had been jarring, and it didn’t match the otherwise normal pattern of breath.
She groaned and curled in on herself, shivering slightly. His frown deepened at this; the room was warm, and the blanket was heavy in order to keep out the winter chill - she shouldn’t be cold. He placed a hand on her shoulder as she began coughing again.
“Yucie?” he asked. He felt her wince.
“S-sorry,” she said when the coughing subsided. “Did I wake you?”
“No,” he said. “Are you ok?”
“I’m fine,” she replied.
“You don’t sound it.”
“I am.”
He sighed and pulled her closer, nuzzling his head in the crook of her neck. He kissed her shoulder.
“Liar,” he said. She pulled his arm closer to her and shook her head.
“I’m not,” she said. The few coughs that followed this statement seemed to prove Arc’s point.
“You’re sick, aren’t you?” he asked. When she didn’t answer, he sighed. “I want you to go to the infirmary today.”
“I’m fine!” she protested.
“You’re going to see the doctor and that’s final,” he said.
“But -”
“No buts, Forehead,” he said. “I don’t want you sick.”
“I’m not sick,” she said. “It’s just a cough.”
“Then see him to make sure that cough doesn’t become sick,” he said, not missing a beat. She groaned.
“Compromise?” she asked.
“I’m listening.”
“If it’s not better by tomorrow I’ll go,” she said. She rolled over and looked at him, her face determined. “Deal?”
“Fine,” he said, sighing, “but if you aren’t better by tomorrow, I’m taking you myself.”
“I will be,” she told him. She leaned up, pressing her lips against his in a quick kiss. “Promise.”
-W-
Arc looked over at Yucie in alarm. She had been dressing when another wave of coughing hit her. She was doubled over with one arm propped against the wall, the other clutching her chest, as her body convulsed. He ran over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder, steadying her, while the other rubbed her back.
“You’re not better,” he said. As the coughing stopped, she weakly looked up at him. She was drenched in sweat, and she was shaking.
“I-I’m fine,” she said. He sighed.
“I’m taking you to the infirmary,” he said.
“Arc, I’m fine! You’re overreacting!” she cried. He shook his head and looked at her.
“I’m not,” he said. “You’re catching something, and it’s best to see the doctor now before it gets any worse.”
“But -”
“You didn’t go when I wanted you to, and look at you now,” he said pointedly. “You said you’d go today if it got worse, and it has. I told you I’d take you, and I am. Now let’s go.”
She sighed and nodded, defeated. She turned around so that her back was facing him and pulled her hair over her shoulder.
“If you’re going to force me to go to the doctor, make yourself useful,” she said, giving him a weak grin. He rolled his eyes as he zipped up the back of her dress. He pulled her against him and kissed her cheek.
“Thank you, Forehead,” he said. She stuck her tongue out at him.
“I’m only doing it to keep you from being annoying,” she said tartly. He chuckled and kissed her again.
“And I appreciate it. Now let’s go,” he said, tugging her towards the door.
“I can walk on my own, Arc! It’s just a cough,” she told him. He shook his head and kept walking. She sighed as he moved to her side, tucking her under his arm. Sometimes he was just too damn overprotective.
-W-
“So, how much of this do you have to take?” Arc asked, turning the bottle over in his hand. Yucie sat down next to him on the bed and leaned on his shoulder, closing her eyes. He looked down at her and frowned; she seemed to be getting worse as more time passed. “Yucie?”
“A capful twice a day until it’s gone,” she said. She curled closer to him and groaned.
“All right, then,” he said. He nudged her, signaling her to sit up, yet she wouldn’t move. “Yucie, you need to take this.”
“Just let the room stop spinning first,” she whined. He frowned, his brows creasing in worry, before shaking his head.
“If you take it you’ll feel better,” he said. She gave him a weak glare before looking away.
“No, I won’t,” she said. He sighed and pushed her up. She returned her glare to him, and he poured some of the liquid into the cap of the bottle.
“Now drink it,” he said, holding it out to her. She pursed her lips and turned away.
“Uh-uh!” she said, shaking her head.
“Yucie…” he said sternly, yet she wouldn’t look at him. He rolled his eyes and waved the cap before her, careful not to spill.
“Say ‘ahh,’ Forehead,” he said mockingly. She shot him a look, and he shrugged. “If you’re going to act like a kid, I’m going to treat you like one. Now take it.”
“It smells bad,” she said, inching away from him. He rolled his eyes yet again and moved the cap closer to her.
“Then drink it so you don’t have to smell it anymore,” he said.
“If it smells bad, it will taste bad,” she persisted.
“Then drink it quick,” he continued. She turned back to him, glaring.
“I don’t nee - mmph!” she cried as he tipped the medicine into her mouth, forcing her to take it. She grudgingly swallowed the liquid, and then she turned away from him.
“See? That wasn’t so hard,” he said, grinning. She tried to answer, yet another coughing fit interrupted her. Finally, she simply sighed and leaned back against him, resting her head on his chest.
“You just wait until I’m better,” she mumbled. “I’ll get you back for that, Arc.”
He chuckled and kissed her forehead, a smile on his face. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer, settling her on his lap.
“I’m sure you will, Yucie,” he said. “I’m sure you will.”

owari

a.n.:
I’m so sorry this took forever to get out! I’ve been majorly bogged down with schoolwork. And, technically, I should be finishing my play right now (Merv hit us with Monday as the due date), but I felt so bad about letting this fester in my comp that I had to finish it. Especially when I went and did that Tutu fic instead of this… -wince- Felt really bad about that one. And this is definitely not my best work… ‘Nyway, hope y’all enjoy the read!

And…just a random thought, but when I finish the play, would anyone be interested in reading it? 0o

Comments and constructive criticism welcomed. Please, don’t flame. If you can’t say your CC without flaming, don’t bother. Flames will be used to fuel Az’s bonfire for the yummy s’mores.