Please Teacher! Fan Fiction ❯ Onegai Bounty Hunter ❯ Maho's mandate ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Maho Kazami nervously entered the dean's office, wondering why she had been suddenly pulled from class in the middle of an examination. Her dean, a homely middle aged woman with graying hair, sat calmly behind her desk, a serious look on her face.

The young girl swallowed hard, feeling an immediate sense of dread.

"Sit Miss Kazami," the adult beckoned, then took off her glasses.

"What is it?" Maho asked meekly.

"Last night, your mother was detained and charged with felonies, namely aiding a criminal, unlawful transit to a restricted world, and using Federation resources for illicit means," began the dean.

"That's not fair! My sister can choose to live her life how she pleases!" Maho declared angrily.

Knowledge of Mizuho Kazami's fall from grace weighed heavily on her little sister. Both teachers and classmates in this prestigious prep school kept curious eyes on Maho, regarding her with caution and suspicion.

"That is beside the point," the dean told the black haired girl. "Your status is being scrutinized as well. As a minor, you are not accountable for acting with your mother, but certain powers that be have decided to restrict your access to your ship and communications. You are hereby restricted from all contact with your older sister and while your mother is on trial, you will be staying with designated guardians."

"They can't do this!" the youngest Kazami argued. "My father was from Earth, my sister has every right to return to his birth world!"

"Your sister had a duty to the Federation," a voice said from the corner. It came from a man in a dark black suit.

The color in Maho's face paled.

"This is Inspector Suzuki," the dean introduced.

"I need your cooperation," the man addressed the girl. "In doing so, you will ensure that your future career with the Galactic Federation is a successful one."

"And if I don't?"she dared to ask.

"A juvenile detention facility awaits on some backwater world where you will be scrubbing toilets for years to come," a sadistic smile came to his face.