Pokemon Fan Fiction / Death Note Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ 15 Minute Ficlets ❯ Theme #45 ( Chapter 45 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Misdirected
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Pairing: Championshipping
/WataShi (Lance x Ash)
Fandom: Pokémon
Theme: #45, Misdirection

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks
Warnings: Other shippings mentioned, cross-dressing, unrequited love
 
When Ash breaks up with Misty barely a week after they start going out, Gary's hope rise. He wonders if Ash has finally realized that he is gay, and anxiously waits for the boy to come running to him. After all, don't rivals make the best lovers? But to his horror, Lance swoops in like a nightmare on a Dragonite and within days, Ash is bright and smiling and attached to his side.
He doesn't understand it at all, so one day, while he sees Ash out training, with Pikachu on his shoulder and his new Dratini splashing in the water with his Squirtle and Totodile, he asks the question.
“Of course I like girls.” Ash says cheerfully.
“But why did you break up with Misty?”
“Because she was annoying, and we're just friends.” Ash beams.
“Then you don't like guys,” Gary asks, feeling rather floored.
“Not in that way.” Ash says, with a bit of a shudder.
“But…” Gary begins, and his eyes light up.
“Oh! You wouldn't know…”
“I wouldn't know what?” The Pallet trainer feels quite out of his element, which is not a feeling he enjoys when dealing with Ash.
“Lance isn't a boy.” Ash says.
And Gary feels the world falling around him.
 
End Fic
Completed 8/2/07
I'm anti-AAMRN and anti-Palletshipping. 4 minutes!