Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Pokémon I Choose You! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This story takes place in an alternate universe, in which our favorite Keyblade wielder goes on a journey to become a Pokémon Master. Sora will be going through similar experiences as Ash did, but there'll be some twists and turns on which Pokémon Sora will have on his team and NO in case you're wondering, Misty and Brock will NOT be joing him and Sora will not wearing Ash's hat. Also Kairi will be joining him on this journey after a similar take on Pokémon Colosseum. It'll be a mixture of comedy, adventure, and romance.

 

NOTE: Pokémon is owned by Nintendo and Game Freak and Kingdom Hearts is owned by Disney and Square Enix.

 

Episode 1: Pokémon I Choose You!

 

Our story begins with our hero, Sora Ketchum. Sora had recently turned ten years old and he dreams of being the greatest Pokémon trainer in the world. Sora got changed into his white and black jacket as well as a red jumpsuit and a pair of white with yellow gloves with his crown necklace and crown chain He slipped on his large yellow shoes. It was nighttime in his hometown Pallet Town. Sora is so excited about beginning his Pokémon journey that he couldn't sleep. Currently, he's watching two creatures fighting each other on TV. One is a light purple quadruped rhino-like rabbit (Nidorino) and the other is dark purple with a bipedal body with red eyes, spikes on it's back, large pointed ears, short arms and legs with three digits on each hand and foot, and a wide sinister grin (Gengar). Nidorino charges at Gengar while the battle takes place at a stadium with the spectators cheering.

 

Nidorino attempts to jab Gengar with it's horn only for Gengar to jump out of the way. The Announcer gives the play by play.

 

"Nidorino starts the battle with a Horn Attack!" the announcer said. "Oh, but Gengar bounces right back!" Gengar's red eyes starts glowing blue as Nidorino starts to fall right to sleep. "And Gengar fires its Hypnosis move! This could be all over for Nidorino!" A red beam hits Nidorino as the Pokémon is turned into a red energy and flows back into a red and white ball with a button in the middle and separate with a bluish black line held by a man with black hair a red vested shirt, blue jeans and a baseball cap. "The trainer calls back Nidorino! What other Pokémon is he sending out next?!" The man puts the ball he's holding away while he pulls out another one. He throws the ball onto the battlefield. A flash of white energy emerges as a giant snake Pokémon with it's body made of boulders and a rocky spine on it's head emerges. "And it's Onix!" Onix roars as it enters the arena. The giant Pokémon slams it's head but Gengar dodges the attack. "And Gengar dodges again! This Pokémon is moving beautifully this battle! Its training has paid off!"

 

"Yes! I am Sora!" Announced Sora.

 

Since his tenth birthday, Sora has been preparing to get his Pokémon license. In the Kanto Region, trainers at a certain age can head down to Professor Oak's lab to pick up their very first Pokémon. In his room, Sora has many Pokémon products, including a poster with three beginning Pokémon one being Bulbasaur, a Grass type Pokémon that resembles a small, squatting dinosaur that walks on four legs, but bears three claws on each of its feet and has no tail. It also has large, red eyes and very sharp teeth. Its skin is a light, turquoise color with dark, green spots. It has three claws on all four of its legs. Its most notable feature, however, is the aforementioned bulb on its back. Charmander, a Fire type Pokémon a small, bipedal, dinosaur-like Pokémon. Most of its body is colored orange, while its underbelly is a pale light-yellow color. And it has a flame burning at the tip of its tail. And the third being Squirtle, a Water type Pokémon with the resemblance of a light blue turtle, but with a shell that's brown on top and pale yellow on the bottom with a white ridge between the two halves, and a long curly tail.

 

Sora had a long time to think of which Pokémon he was going to start with.

 

"I will journey to gain the wisdom of Pokémon training!" Sora said as he spiked his hair with his comb and grabbed a toy Pokéball from his shelf. "And I declare to all the Pokémon in the world..." Sora paused as he posed with the toy in hand, "I will the a Pokémon Master! Pokémon Master! That's what I'll-"

 

"SORA! GET TO BED!" A woman's voice called. Sora dropped the pose as he accidentally threw the Pokéball. It flies into the hands of Sora's mother, Delia Ketchum she has amber eyes wearing yellow shirt, a pink vest, a long purple skirt and her mahogany hair tied in a ponytail. The ball opens to reveal that it's a clock. She gives him an angry look "It's 11:00! And you should be asleep!"

 

"But Mom, how can I sleep if I have to go on my Pokémon journey tomorrow?" Sora reasoned.

 

Delia sighed as she grabbed the remote control, "Well if you can't sleep, you should get ready for tomorrow; here watch this."

 

Delia changes the channel to reveal Professor Samuel Oak, Pallet Town's own expert on Pokémon, and caretaker of Pokémon for trainers whom have six at their possession; he is in his fifties with greying brown hair wearing a white lab coat and a red shirt.

 

"Good evening, Pallet," he greeted. "Tomorrow's the big day for the newest class for Pokémon students. I'd like to introduce you to Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. Each one is available for new trainees."

 

This instantly got Sora's attention as he as super-psyched for the upcoming day.

 

"Go to bed when this is over," Delia told him.

 

"Okay," Sora said still looking at the TV. "Right to bed."

 

"And change into your pajamas, okay?" she added before she closed the door. She went off into her bedroom to get some sleep as well. "Honestly," Delia said to herself. "Sora can be so careless sometimes. But he's a good boy." Delia had been living alone with her only son. She was blessed that she has a son like him. Ever since he was born, Sora was full of energy. She remembered that day like it was yesterday. Delia at the age of eighteen holding her newborn son in her arms. And with the sky with a beautiful blue, she named him "Sora" in honor of the heavens. A tear slid down her cheek knowing that her baby boy was venturing into the world; wishing that his father was still around to see this day.

 

The professor continued on the journey up ahaed as Sora changed into his PJ's as soon as the program was over. Sora went off to bed. Sora went off to sleep as soon as head hit his pillow.

 

Sora began dreaming of which of the Pokémon he would pick as a partner. Raising Bulbasaur would be the simplest thing to do, even for beginners. He dreamt that he threw a Pokéball and out in a flash, Bulbasaur appeared before him. Back to reality, Sora shifted his head as his Pokéball alarm clock fellfell out of place and rolled into Sora's hand. In his dream, he threw a Pokéball and out came Squirtle. In reality, Sora sitting up actually threw his alarm clock destroying it in the process.

 

"Choose it or lose it," Sora said in his sleep. Sora fell back snoring loudly.

 

It was now morning, a three-headed bird Pokémon each have a black V-shaped crest on top. Its body is nearly all covered in brown down. It has large clawed feet. Its tail is made up of large red feathers. This Pokémon is known as a Dodrio, was making its cry loud enough (especially with three heads) for the whole town to hear.

 

In his bedroom, the sunlight barley hitting Sora's face while he's still asleep dreaming of going with Charmander. Despite being the most difficult one to raise, but the best way to go. He threw the Pokéball, but he instantly woke up and he's horrified to see that not only he accidentally destroyed his alarm clock, but he overslept.

 

"Oh crap!" Sora gasped. "What time is it?!"

 

Realizing the tardiness, Sora ran as fast as his feet can carry him. He was still in his pajamas and he skipped breakfast because he was in such a hurry to pick his first Pokémon.

 

"Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Charmander," Sora panted between names, "Anyone's fine!"

 

Meanwhile at the professor's house a huge crowd is seen standing outside as Gary Oak, the professor's grandson has just retrieved his first Pokémon. Along with cheerleaders cheering him on.

 

"Gary! Gary! He's our man! If he can't do it, no one can! Yeah!" The cheerleaders chanted as Sora rushed through the crowd.

 

"EXCUSE ME!" Sora shouted as he finally got through only to bump into a boy around his age. Wearing a blue shirt, dark blue pants, a necklace of a yin yang one side being green and another being yellow, and his brown hair done in a hairstyle quite similar to Sora's, but not as spikey.

 

"Hey watch where you're going!" The boy growled. He got a good look at and instantly recognized him. "Well, if it isn't it Sora. Better late than never. At least you get the chance to meet me again."

 

Sora gave the boy a scowling looking as he knew who he was. "Hello Gary," Sora said in an irradiated tone.

 

"Mr. Gary to you," Gary corrected him, "show some respect." Sora growled as Gary gave him an arrogant grin. "Well Sora, you snooze, you lose, and you're right behind right from the start. I got a Pokémon and you don't!"

 

"You got yours already?" Sora asked shocked.

 

"That's right, you spiky-headed loser, and it's right inside this Pokéball," Gary said as he took the Pokéball out, pressed the button to make fit in the palm of the hand and twirls it on his finger.

 

"Let's go Gary~Let's go!" the cheerleaders chanted while the crowd cheered for him.

 

"Thank you fans! Thank you!" Gary adressed his peers. "Thank you all for this great honor! I promise you that I will become a Pokémon Master and make the town of Pallet known all around the world!"

 

"YAY!"

 

"Sorry to pull you away from YOUR adoring public," Sora said grabbing Gary's attention. "Which one did you get?"

 

"None of your business," Gary said arrogantly. "If you have shown up on time, you would have seen that I have chosen the best Pokémon from Professor Oak. And as you already know, he's my grandfather. Gary got into a ruby red automobile waiting for him. "Thank you all for witnessing history in the making! And now I, Gary Oak, am to set off into the world to learn the ways of the Pokémon trainer!"

 

Sora just stood there giving him an angry look on his face.

 

"And as you already know, he's my grandfather," Sora said mockingly to Gary. "Just because he's the professor's grandkid doesn't mean that he has to rub it in my face."

 

"So, you decided to show up after all," Professor Oak said coming up behind him. Sora dropped his anger and faced the professor with a nervous look on his face.

 

"Oh good morning, Professor," Sora greeted. "So where's my Pokémon?"

 

"Your Pokémon?" He asked the boy keeping a straight face before he chuckled. "You look like you're ready for bed, not for Pokémon training. I hope you're not planning to train in your pajamas."

 

"I know that I'm a little late," Sora said. "But I am ready for a Pokémon!"

 

"Very well, Sora," Professor Oak said. "If you feel that way, then who am I to deny you a Pokémon? Come with me." The professor lead Sora into his lab leading up to three Pokéballs. Sora walked up to the Pokéballs and picked one up.

 

"I thought about it for a long time," Sora said. But I have made my choice. I choose: Squirtle." The Pokéball opened to reveal that it's empty.

 

"That one was already taken by someone who was on time," Professor Oak said.

 

"Aw man," Sora groaned. "Wish I didn't oversleep. Okay, then let my Pokémon be: Charmander!" That Pokéball was empty as well. Sora groaned in disappointment.

 

"That one was also taken by a kid who wasn't late," Professor Oak said.

 

"Okay, third times a charm," Sora picked up the final Pokéball. "The Pokémon I wanted anyway was going to be: Bulbasaur!" And you guessed it, empty!

 

"The early bird gets the worm," Professor Oak said. "Or in this case, the Pokémon."

 

"Does that mean that there aren't anymore?" Sora asked disappointed.

 

"Well, there is one left," the professor said recently. "I have only caught it just three days ago, but I have been having difficulty raising it but..."

 

"I'll take it!" Sora said without giving a second thought.

 

"Very well," Professor Oak said taking the Pokéball out of his pocket. "Just like I said, I had some difficulty with this last one, so is there no way for you to change your mind?" Sora shook his head in a fast pace. "I didn't think so. Come on out!"

 

The professor threw the Pokéball in the air as the white energy poured out from the ball as it revealed a yellow mouse Pokémon with red cheeks, pointy ears with black tips, brown stripes on its back and a lightning-shaped tail with a brown patch.

 

"Pikachu," the mouse Pokémon chirped.

 

"This Pokémon is called a Pikachu," Professor Oak said.

 

"Oh it's so cute and cool at the same time!" Sora said cheerfully.

 

"Don't say that I didn't warn you," he plainly said.

 

"Hiya Pikachu!" Sora greeted picking the yellow Pokémon up. "We're going to be the best of friends."

 

"Pika," Pikachu growled as Sora hugged Pikachu before it shocked him.

 

"Pikachu has been classified as the Mouse Pokémon, and it's an Electric type," Professor Oak explained.

 

"Well that's pretty shocking," Sora joked despite being shocked.

 

"Indeed," Professor Oak agreed. Professor Oak handed Sora some additional Pokéballs and a small red device. "Now take these with you. Your Pokédex will give you information on any Pokémon you scan or search for. And these Pokéballs will contain the Pokémon you battle in the wild."

 

Sora lifted his hand to take the items presented to him just in time for Pikachu to shock them both at once.

 

"T-T-TAKE G-G-GOOD C-C-CARE Y-Y-YOUR N-N-NEW PIKACHU!" Professor said being shocked.

 

'I WILL!" Sora assured being shocked as well.

 

Sora frowned at Pikachu's disrespect towards him unsure how to figure it out. But, he remained confident. "But with Pikachu by my side, I can get every kind of Pokémon there is!"

 

"But I thought all Pokémon stayed in their Pokéballs," Delia pointed out. "Why doesn't this one?"

 

"Uh, oh yeah," Sora realized that his mom was right. Sora pulled Pikachu's Pokéball, "Okay Pikachu, time to go inside."

 

Sora lightly threw the Pokéball only to block it with its tail. "Pi."

 

Sora tried and tried but Pikachu just blocked the Pokéball everytime. Sora started to become frustrated that Pikachu just refused to be confined.

 

"Oh you're playing catch," Delia beamed. "You two are friends already!"

 

"Uh, yeah friends," Sora said. He picked up Pikachu once again much to the yellow Pokémon's dismay. "Pikachu and and I real pals! Right buddy?"

 

"But it's a little weird," Delia said nervously.

 

"What do you mean weird?" Sora asked before he looked at Pikachu giving an evil grin, "Uh oh..." Sora said before it shocked everyone, except for the Pokémon Professor around them. Everyone started screaming as the electricity runs it's course.

 

"The rubber gloves your mother has packed will be very useful," Professor Oak pointed out.

 

"WHY'S THAT?!" Sora yelled being shocked.

 

"Because rubber can block electricity," he answered. "So, that should be very useful when dealing especially with Electric types."

 

"THAT'S GOOD TO KNOW!" Sora yelled. Pikachu stoppls shocking everyone, and the people, but Sora fell on their backs.

 

"And be sure to change your underwear every single day," Delia said dazed.

 

"Okay mom," Sora said also dazed.

 

"Pikachu," Pikachu chuckled.

 

About an hour later, Sora had gotten himself cleaned up and changed out of his pajamas and into his baggy clothing. The spiky-headed Pokémon trainer starts his journey, but he's dragging the stubborn Pokémon with the clothesline that his mother packed and wearing the rubber clothes taking the professor's advice.

 

Sora stopped as sighed. He turns to Pikachu's side and bent down to knee level to hear his Pokémon out. "Pikachu, are you going to be like this the whole time we're together?"

 

"Pikachu," Pikachu said as it turned away and away nodded.

 

"And why's that? Is it because you don't like me?" Sora asked.

 

"Pika Pika," Pikachu nodded again.

 

"Oh, but I like you," Sora said. "I like you a lot. So what do you say that you try to be nicer to me and open your mouth and tell me what's wrong?"

 

Pikachu turned and literally does that, "CHA!"

 

"I didn't mean literally," Sora groaned. "So is your name is all you can say?"

 

"Pika," Pikachu nodded.

 

"Well, you're a Pokémon, after all, Sora said. "But like all Pokémon you should stay inside your Pokéball. It says so in the Pokédex." Sora pulled out his Pokédex to prove his point. "When being trained, a Pokémon usually stays inside it's Pokéball," Sora read. "See?"

 

"Pika!" Pikachu shook it's head.

 

"But there are exceptions?" Sora read more, "Some Pokémon don't like to be contained?" Sora sighed as he knew he lost the very first argument. "Okay Pikachu, this'll make things better," Sora said as he untied his partner and removed the rubber clothes in order to gain its trust. "See? No rubber. How about we start over?"

 

"Pi," Pikachu said turning it's head again.

 

"Still not good enough?" Sora asked confused. Pikachu nodded once more. Their conversation is interrupted when a small brown bird Pokémon runs across the field. Hearing this both Pokémon and trainer turned to see what it is.

 

"Hey! A Pidgey!" Sora eclaimed. Remembering the Pokédex the professor gave him, he pulled it out and used it to scan the bird Pokémon.

 

Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokémon

 

Type: Normal/Flying

 

Pidgey are normally docile, but when it is under attack, it will kick up sand by flapping its wings in order to get away. Pidgey is also easy to catch for beginning Pokémon trainers.

 

"Yeah Pidgey!" Sora beamed. "It's the perfect first catch! It's our lucky day!" Sora cheered before he put his Pokédex away in his pocket. He turned to Pikachu knowing very well Flying types are weakened against Electric types. "Go get it, Pikachu!" Sora ordered.

 

"Chu," responded refusing to obey.

 

Sora groaned in frustration, "Aren't you ever going to listen to me?"

 

"Chu," Pikachu responded.

 

"But why not?" Sora asked. Pikachu didn't bother answering, but instead it ran up a nearby tree.

 

"Cha!" Pikachu lazily yawned.

 

"Yeah, well who needs your help, anyway?" Sora snapped. "I can get that thing and I'll do it without you! You'll see!"

 

"Chu," Pikachu said sticking out it's tongue and gave an eyelid taunt.

 

Sora finally giving up on the defiant Pokémon and it's attitude, set his backpack down and pulled out a Pokéball and pushes the button in the middle to make it fit in his hand completely. "Alright, I have pledged to get all the Pokémon in the world. Now I am ready to take the next step to becoming the number one Pokémon master!"

 

Sora approaches Pidgey. Pidgey turns to see the human right in front of it. Sora with Pokéball in hand and a serious look on his face pledges, "Enjoy your last moment of freedom, Pidgey! Because you are going to be mine!" Sora flips his spikey hair as he prepares to make the first catch. "Pokéball Go!" Sora shouted as he threw the Pokéball at the bird Pokémon. Pidgey then gets trapped inside the ball. "I did it!" Sora cheered. But his celebration was premature as the button on the Pokéball gave a red blinking indicating the catch, but the Pokéball starts wobbling back and fourth. Sora watched patiently hoping that the catch was for real. But unfortunately for him, Pidgey emerges from the Pokéball and it goes back to its owners hand. Pidgey runs in the grass to get away. "Aw, I blew it!"

 

Pikachu laughed at Sora's misfortune, not believing how stupid and amateurish that move was. Sora pulled out his Pokédex and read, "To capture a Pokémon in the wild, one must use a Pokémon in your possession to battle the wild Pokémon until it is at its weakest." Sora hung his head and sighed as he just remembered that.

 

"Yeah you said it, Dexter," Sora growled. Pikachu is still laughing at his trainer. Sora turns to scowl at Pikachu. "But, I got a Pikachu that won't do a thing I tell it to do!" Sora looked over at his backpack, getting an idea. Sora slowly approaching Pidgey with his pajama shirt, hoping that'll do the trick.

 

"Slowly," Sora whispered. "Quietly. Nothing to be afraid of."

 

Pidgey uses it's talon to dig the ground finding some worms as it turns to the boy holding the shirt in the air. Sora froze in place not wanting to scare it off. "Hi little friend," Sora said in a low pitched voice. "Sorry buddy!" Sora yelled as he slammed the clothing onto the Pokémon. Pidgey starts fighting it's way out. The air from underneath starts picking up as Sora is thrown in a small tornado. Sora screams as goes flying. Pidgey then charges at Sora with a forceful tackle.

 

"That's a good Gust move, followed by a good Tackle move," Sora wheezed. "But didn't the Pokédex say anything about it kicking some sand?" Sora got his answer when a gust of sand hits him. Sora starts spitting out the sand in his mouth, Pidgey then flies away. "And that's that," Sora said once the small sandstorm subsided. "And I thought it was my lucky day."

 

Pikachu continues to laugh at his stupidity. Sora grunts in irritation as he saw a small purple mouse-like Pokémon rummaging through his backpack. It has large incisors, a white underbelly, a whisker on both sides and a curly tail.

 

"Hey you!" Sora shouted. The Pokémon saw him coming and ran off as Sora ran to his backpack. "Get out of there!"

 

Sora pulls out the Pokédex once more to scan the Pokémon he had just encountered.

 

Rattata, the Mouse Pokémon

 

Type: Normal

 

Its whiskers provide it with a keen sense of smell, enabling it to pick up the scent of hidden food and locate it instantly. And it also steals food from careless travelers.

 

"Careless travelers like me," Sora groaned. Pikachu is still laughing at how he got so lax. Sora's patience was starting to run out when he heard a few chirps. Sora turned to see three Pidgey popping out of the grass. So Sora picked up a rock and threw at the three Pidgey and they fly off startled. He saw another Pidgey so he picked up another rock and threw at it, only to miss again, but he heard a loud clang sound. Sounding like it hit something made of metal. Sora's curiosity started to come to light when he approached another Pidgey inside a metal cage.

 

Sora feeling some pity for the poor Pokémon inside grabbed a bigger rock to jam the keyhole of the cage. "Don't worry! I'll get you out of there!" Sora said when starts banging the cage. Pikachu stops laughing when it saw what he was doing. Instead of trying to mess up another capture attempt, he was helping the Pokémon inside. With last slam of the rock, the lock came off and he opened the cage and the Pidgey flew out. Sora smiled that he was able to help a Pokémon in need. Pikachu was surprised by that display, but it still didn't trust him. Then Pikachu saw two more humans approach the boy from behind.

 

"HEY YOU!" An angry male voice called. "What the hell do ya think you're doing?!"

 

Sora turned around to see two men in their mid-twenties to early-thirties standing there angrily glaring at him.

 

"I just saved that Pidgey that you had locked in a cage," Sora snapped back. "And who are to do that to Pokémon like that?"

 

"We're Pokémon hunters," the second one answered. "We make money selling Pokémon on the black market. And you are going to pay for that!" The second hunter pulled out a Pokéball and threw it in the air. "Spearow! Go!"

 

With that said, a bird Pokémon with rough brown plumage on its head and tail feathers, and pinkish red feathers on its wings. Sora pulled out his Pokédex to get information on the Pokémon in in front of him.

 

Spearow, the Tiny Bird Pokémon

 

Type: Normal/Flying

 

Spearow are hostle and territorial Pokémon. Spearow has a very loud cry that can be heard over half a mile away. If its high, keening cry is heard echoing all around, it is a sign that they are warning each other of danger. It is also known to attack humans and other Pokémon that carelessly stumble onto their territory.

 

"Spearow?" Sora gasped. "Huh."

 

"Go get that kid!" Spearow's trainer ordered. Spearow flew right Sora, just for him to duck before the aggressive bird Pokémon could get him. He grabbed a big stick and swung it to scare it off, but it did nothing. The two hunters just laughed seeing how he's trying to fight back.

 

"Stupid kid," the first hunter laughed. "You can't hit Spearow like that!" He stopped laughing when he finally noticed Pikachu up the same tree Sora was next to. "Hey look! A Pikachu!"

 

"Where?!" The second hunter asked.

 

"Up there in that tree!" The first hunter pointed. He quickly realized what his colleague meant. Not only the hunters saw Pikachu, but Spearow as well.

 

"Spearow! Forget the kid! Get that Pikachu instead!" The second hunter ordered.

 

Spearow obeyed its trainer as it dived at the mouse Pokémon, hoping that it was defenseless. Sora looked up and saw what Spearow was doing.

 

"You leave Pikachu alone!" Sora shouted.

 

"That Pikachu is going to make us big money!" The first hunter said.

 

"You said it," the second hunter agreed. "Keep going!"

 

Spearow kept diving at Pikachu, and Pikachu kept dodging the assault until Pikachu almost off the branch completely by catching it. Spearow now had Pikachu where it wanted it.

 

"Pikachu!" Sora shouted in horror.

 

Before Spearow could deliver the finishing blow, Pikachu shocks Spearow, hitting it with yellow lightning. Spearow fell to the ground in a crisp.

 

"Aah! Spearow!" The second hunter screamed. "I want that little rat! Besides, nobody does that to my Spearow and gets away with it; especially some punk ass kid!"

 

"We'll need the whole flock to deal with the both of them!" The first hunter said before he took a whitstle and blew on it. The whistle blurs sounding like Spearow's cry. Before you knew it, a whole flock of Spearow starts flying towards them.

 

"Uh oh," Sora panicked. He turns to Pikachu and asked, "Should we run?"

 

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded as they both started running. They ran as fast as their legs can carry them both. They eventually lost the Spearow flock by hiding behind a big tree. The Spearow just flew pass the tree not noticing that they lost their targets.

 

"That was a close one," Sora panted.

 

"Pika," Pikachu also panted.

 

Once the trainer and Pokémon caught their breath, they started walking slowly hoping the Pokémon hunters have lost their trail.

 

Sora sighed as he couldn't believe that there are actually Pokémon Hunters. They catch Pokémon in the wild instead of the traditional way and sell them to greedy people who would add them to their collection.

 

"I hate it that people like them exist," Sora said. "They don't seem to understand that Pokémon like you are living creatures. I mean, I know Pokémon have actual thoughts and feelings just like people. That's why I like Pokémon so much."

 

"Pika," Pikachu said.

 

Pikachu looked up to Sora feeling moved by Sora's words. Maybe Pikachu had Sora all wrong. Not all humans seem to be as bad as Pikachu originally thought. The two of them kept walking until Sora tripped over a log. Pikachu ran to Sora's side wondering if he's okay.

 

"So you do care," Sora teased. Pikachu's red cheeks huffed as it turns its head again. Sora laughed at the face it's making. "You don't have to admit it. But where are..."

 

Sora paused when he looked around and saw what appears to be a camp. This camp has empty cages all around. Sora looked around horrified to what he and Pikachu accidentally stumbled on.

 

"Oh crap," Sora said. "This must those hunter's camp," Sora realized. "There doesn't seem to be anyone or thing around so-" Sora's words were cut short when he heard a muffled sound. Could it be a poor Pokémon in trouble? Sora went off into the direction of the sound. Pikachu was wondering what he was doing only stood there and watched his trainer walk towards the tent. Sora slowly opens the tent reveal a tannish brown burlap sack with it's tip tied with a small white rope. Sora made a realization that it wasn't a Pokémon at all, it was a person. Sora pulled out his switch army knife he just got for his birthday and he cut the rope and the sack opened to reveal what Sora could not have expected.

 

It was a girl that was apparently around his age, she wore a white top, with a black shirt underneath exposing a small part of her navel. And also a lavender skirt and pink shoes. She also wore a necklace with a silver bead. Her mouth was slapped was duct tape and her hands were tied. She also has blue eyes just like Sora's and had auburn red hair. Pikachu ran to Sora's side and saw the girl as well. Pikachu looked up at Sora and grinned as it saw Sora blushing. Sora cut the rope on her wrists and pulled the tape off her, gently.

 

"Are you okay?" Sora asked her concerned.

 

"Y-yes," the girl answered.

 

Sora's face grew redder when he heard her speak for the first time. She has a pretty voice to match her looks, an angelic one in fact. Sora was a complete loss for words. The girl look right in his face, mostly into the boy's blue eyes. She could have sworn that they were sparkling. Sora's heart was beating faster than a drum.

 

"Pika!" Pikachu snapped Sora back to reality. Sora and the girl looked at the yellow Pokémon waving its little arms telling them that they should get going before the hunters came back.

 

"You're right," Sora said. "We should get going!" Sora looked around to see if there was any sign of them. But good fortune smiles on him for once today since there was none. He turned to the girl and putting his arm around her shoulder helping her up. "Can you walk?"

 

"A little," the girl answered him. She looks at him and smiled. "Thank you."

 

"Y-you're welcome," Sora said. "My name is Sora by the way."

 

"Kairi," the girl introduced herself.

 

Kairi. A pretty name for a pretty girl. Sora wanted to ask Kairi how she ended up in that situation, but decided that'll have to wait until they have reached Viridian City since it the nearest city in miles.

 

Unknown to Pikachu and the kids, a Spearow flies over the camp overseeing what has happened. The Spearow flew to inform its masters.

 

Back with the hunters Spearow starts squawking and hinted that they should head back to camp.

 

"Something's up back at camp?" The first hunter asked.

 

"Gonna have to think so," the second hunter said. "If that girl caused any trouble while we were away, then she'll be in such trouble like I told her."

 

They followed the Spearow back to camp. Once they had reached their camp, they looked around to see if anything was messed with while they were gone.

 

"No signs of the kid or his Pikachu," the first hunter said.

 

"None over here either," the second hunter replied. "The Spearow must have been flying in loops."

 

"We're not taking chances here," the first hunter said. "There could be cops in the area! They've been on our tails from day 1!"

 

"Settle down," the second hunter told his colleague. "We've been careful not leaving any trails for them to follow. You go check on the hostage while I double check for clues."

 

"R-Right," the first hunter said. He did exactly that when he stepped inside the tent. And when he saw that the sack was empty his eyes widened and his heart jumped in his throat. "CRAP!"

 

The second hunter came running up to the tent. "What's wrong?"

 

"The girl..." The first hunter said nervously.

 

"What about her?" Asked the second hunter.

 

"SHE'S GONE!" he screamed.

 

"WHAT?!" He looked inside to see that their hostage was indeed gone. "It's gotta be that spikey-hair brat and his Pikachu! I just know it!"

 

"Look!" The first hunter pointed to the ground. There were three sets of footprints leaving the camp and heading into the direction of the nearby city. And there were one set that wasn't human. "Footprints! You were right! It is that kid!"

 

"Let's go after them!" the second hunter snarled. "We'll find those kids and kill them both! That Pikachu will be mine!"

 

Both hunters blew their Spearow whistles as the entire flock flew in pursuit of the kids and Pikachu.

 

Elsewhere, fifteen to twenty minutes later, the kids and Pokémon where miles away from the camp hoping that they had lost them. Kairi once she was full strength started walk on her own.

 

"Again thanks for helping me, Sora wasn't it?" Kairi thanked him.

 

"Yeah," Sora said in a slight squeak making it sound like he lost his voice making Pikachu chuckle, then he cleared his throat and answered in his real voice and tried a mature tone, "Yeah it is."

 

Kairi giggled a little this, "That's a nice name." Kairi then looked over to Pikachu and walked over to it. "Is this Pikachu yours?"

 

"Yeah," Sora answered. "Just got it today. So far it's the only one that I have."

 

"What town did you come from, by the way," Kairi asked him.

 

"Pallet Town," Sora told her.

 

"And the beginning Pokémon were taken?" Kairi asked making Sora blanched regretted coming in late to pick his first especially to Gary.

 

"Yeah," Sora moped hanging his head.

 

"I've always thought those three were cute," Kairi stated. "But your Pikachu is cuter."

 

Sora looked up seeing Kairi petting Pikachu on the head. Sora was about to warn her of the electric shock, but nothing happened.

 

"Chu," Pikachu beamed finding the girl's touch to it's liking.

 

"I like you too, you little cutie!" Kairi complemented it. Sora just looked at Kairi and his Pokémon shocked.

 

"How did you do that?" Sora asked her.

 

"Do what?" Kairi responded confused.

 

"Pikachu never let's anyone touch it without getting electrocuted," Sora explained finding it odd.

 

"Well, I have a thing for Pokémon," Kairi said. "The first Pokémon I helped was a Pidgey with a broken wing. I was about five when I was picking flowers in the field. She looked she got scratched by a Pokémon with big claws, so brought her over to my grandma. We nursed her back to health until she was well enough to fly. She stayed with us for two weeks, but I could tell she was sad when she had to leave us."

 

Sora looked at her moved by the story she had just shared, knowing that she loves Pokémon just like he did. "Wow," Sora simply said.

 

"Oh, by the way, Pikachu is a boy," Kairi stated.

 

"How can you tell if the Pokémon is a boy or girl?" Sora asked.

 

"I just can," Kairi said. "It's easy with Pikachu because of the tail."

 

Sora looked at the Pokémon and nodded that it was indeed male.

 

But Sora was about to ask how she got caught to that camp when he saw the flock of Spearow coming out of the trees.

 

"Oh crap!" Sora exclaimed. "It's them again!"

 

Kairi and Pikachu turned and saw to their dismay that if the Spearow had spotted them, then the Pokémon hunters were right behind them.

 

Sora grabbed Kairi's hand and started running. Kairi was being forcefully dragged, by she ran at the same pace as Sora. The Spearow were gaining on them fast.

 

"Pikachu! I'll keep you safe!" Sora said. Pikachu ran ahead hoping that he'll the bird's attention. "Don't run ahead of us!" Spearow flew over him and through him. "Ow!"

 

The Spearow started to peck at Pikachu, fell out of exhaustion and more started to dogpile him and proceeded to peck him.

 

"Pikachu!" Sora shouted as he let go of Kairi's hand. Sora went over to Pikachu while recieving some pecks of his own. Sora picked up the injured Pikachu and started running with Kairi right behind him. Sora and Kairi made it to a ledge. Dreading that it was a dead end.

 

"We should find another way around," Kairi said.

 

"There's no time for that!" Sora argued. "We're going have to jump down!"

 

"Are you crazy?" Kairi asked. "We won't survive on the way down." Luckily Sora had an idea. He grabbed a piece of bark big enough for the both of them. Sora turned to Kairi.

 

"Do you trust me?" Sora asked her.

 

"What?!" She asked him.

 

"Do you trust me?" he repeated.

 

Seeing no way out of it she had no choice but to trust him. "Yes?"

 

Sora grabbed her hand as they slid down the ledge. The passed some Pokémon living in the area. The Spearow were still on their tail. Kairi held onto Sora as tight as she could while he did the same to Pikachu. They made it to the bottom they started to run again. They ran just as fast as they could go with a storm cloud forming. Sora didn't care if it did started raining, he just cared about keeping Pikachu safe. Lightning clashed as the Pokémon hunters rode in on their motorcycles.

 

"There they are!" The first hunter yelled.

 

"Don't let them get away!" The second hunter yelled as well.

 

The Spearow managed to catch up when they started to peck at Sora and Kairi.

 

They tripped while Sora dropped Pikachu. Kairi manged to get back up, but weakly she walked over to Sora and Pikachu.

 

"Are you okay, Sora?" Kairi asked.

 

"Yeah," Sora answered. Sora looked down at Pikachu. He gently picked Pikachu up in his arms and handed him to Kairi. "Take Pikachu and run."

 

"No Sora," Kairi said. " I'm staying beside you. They're after you too because of me!"

 

"No, I let one of their catches get away," Sora explained. "I don't want Pikachu to be in even more pain because of me!" Kairi looked in his eyes and saw tears flowing in his eyes. Pikachu saw it as well.

 

Sora saw the Spearow flock fly around with the hunters reving up. They stopped as Sora lifted up up his arms in defiance against the two hunters and their Spearow.

 

"Look at that!" The second hunter said. "This kid is actually playing hero."

 

"Yeah!" The first hunter laughed. "This kid is either brave or just plain stupid!"

 

Both hunters just laughed as they saw the look of determination on his face. "Go ahead and laugh. I am not budging!"

 

"Look kid," the first hunter said to him, "Just give us the Pikachu and we'll leave you and your little girlfriend alone."

 

Sora knew that was lie. Sora just stood there still refusing to move.

 

"Just who do you think you are messing with us, anyway?" The second hunter asked in bewilderment.

 

"My name is Sora from the town of Pallet!" Sora announced. "I will not be defeated by the likes of you! Not by people who will catch and sell Pokémon for money and other selfish gains! I am destined to be the number one Pokémon master of the world! I will catch Pokémon not for fame and fortune! Not for glory and power! But for the trust and bond that we humans we share with Pokémon everywhere! For the friendship that humans and Pokémon have forged since the old days! For the love and compassion that Pokémon trainers give to their Pokémon! The only way that you will ever get Pikachu and this girl is through me!"

 

Kairi and Pikachu just stood there as they listened to Sora's words. Pikachu was moved especially, now seeing his new trainer's mature side to him. Kairi was close to tears as the boy who just saved her is about to be torn apart by feral bird Pokémon right before her eyes.

 

"If you want to die that badly," the second hunter said. "Then we'll give you what you want!"

 

"Prepare to die," the first hunter added.

 

"TEAR HIS EYES OUT!" The hunters ordered.

 

At the crack of the lightning, the Spearow flock dove towards the young Pokémon trainer like raining arrows. As the Spearow were getting closer and closer. Pikachu leapt out of Kairi's arms and ran in an effort to save his life as Sora did for him.

 

Before Kairi could call for Pikachu to come back. Pikachu climbed up on Sora's leg right up to his left shoulder. Sora was shocked to see that Pikachu had jumped in front the incoming birds. And just like that, Pikachu let out a powerful Thunderbolt.

 

"PIKACHU!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

 

Sora, Kairi, the hunters and all the Spearow were caught in the blast. The hunters and Spearow were sent flying in the direction they had come in while Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu were sent flying in another.

 

Once the clouds had cleared. Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu were knocked out, but not for long. All three had regained consciousness.

 

"Pikachu," Pikachu weakly said.

 

"Well, we beat 'em," Sora said.

 

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded.

 

"Sounds like Pikachu is saying yes to that," Kairi agreed. Sora groaned as he slowly got up. And looked at both of them. Sora smiled as Kairi got up and lifted Pikachu up and handed him to his trainer. "Here Sora," Kairi said as she handed the injured Pokémon to him. He took Pikachu only for his hand to on top of hers. Both blushed when that happened. Then they saw something in the sky what appears to be a giant bird with its feathers being consisted of gold and red, with yellow tail-feathers, a white underside, and green feathers at the tip of its wings. It had a green stripe on its neck, a yellow beak, black rings around its red eyes, and a feathered, yellow crest on its head. Its wings are prismatic flapping about causing it to leave trail of a rainbow behind it. It has darkly colored feet and legs with four toes and long talons.

 

"Whoa," Sora all he was able to say at the sight. "What is that?"

 

"It's Ho-Oh," Kairi simply said.

 

"Ho-Oh?" Sora asked her confused.

 

"Ho-Oh is a legendary Pokémon," Kairi explained to him. "I had only heard about in stories my grandma used to tell me when I was little. It is said that it revived three dead Pokémon in a burning tower and became its servants. I never thought it was real. It's even more beautiful than I thought."

 

Sora turned to Kairi and thought to himself, "Not as beautiful as you." Sora blushed ended up with a tinge of pink on his cheeks. They watched Ho-Oh fly into the rainbow left behind by the rain.

 

Sora and Kairi set off to Viridian City, with Sora carrying Pikachu in his arms. They kept walking until they saw the town in front of them.

 

"There it is," Kairi said. "Viridian City. My home." Sora turned to Kairi as she turned to him and kissed him on the cheek causing him to blush. "That was for saving me."

 

Pikachu wealky licked Sora's chin as his blush disappeared. They started to walk to the town to get Pikachu checked into the local Pokémon center to heal up.

 

To Be Continued...