Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ The Lost Lapras ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 23: The Lost Lapras

The very next day, the sun came out giving a beautiful day despite the rain from the previous day. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, the Alolan nine joined by Ventus, Terra, and Aqua took a walk down by the beach despite how wet everything is.

By this time, he already sent both Nidoran in exchange for Litten and Popplio. Ven was stoked seeing two starter Pokémon from Alola. Terra and Aqua were amazed to see them. They remembered when Ven told them that his cousin even has a Rowlet and a Lycanroc as well. What caught them off was that Sora's Lycanroc is in a Dusk Form.

Terra was definitely interested in meeting that Pokémon once. Sora found a good spot to do some training. Pikachu swung his Iron Tail attack at a tree.

"That's it Pikachu!" Sora said. "Try another Iron Tail!"

With that Pikachu was prepared to use Iron Tail, when his tail formed a ball of electricity and fired at the same tree.

"What was that?" Ven asked.

"Pikachu just learned to use Electro Ball," Sophocles said.

"That's pretty awesome!" Ven exclaimed.

"I gotta admit that took me by surprise," Sora said.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said.

He turned to Hapu.

"Hey Hapu!" Sora called. "Wanna help out with some training?"

Hapu smiled as she got into battle position.

"Did you have to ask?" Hapu asked taking out a Pokéball. "Mudsdale! Go!" Pokéball lets out Mudsdale as the horse Pokémon paws the ground preparing for battle. Sora took out his Pokédex and pointed at Mudsdale.

Mudsdale, the Draft Horse Pokémon

The evolved form of Mudbray

Type: Ground

It remains calm and unmoving no matter the situation. It mixes dirt with the saliva in its mouth to make a special kind of mud. this mud hardens around a Mudsdale's legs sets harder than stone. It's so hard that it allows this Pokémon to scrap a truck with a single kick. This Pokémon can go across mountain roads for three days without sleep or rest.

Sora puts his Pokédex away and takes out a Pokéball as he throws it.

"Let's go, Popplio!" Sora called letting Popplio out.

"Popplio! Popplio!" Popplio clapped her flippers.

"Popplio looks happy," Lillie said.

"Mudsdale is a Ground Type, right?" Ven asked. "Popplio should beat it, right?"

"That's right, Ven," Aqua said. "But don't count Mudsdale out."

"Aqua's right," Terra said. "Popplio may have the advantage in type, but Mudsdale looks more experienced. I don't doubt Hapu trained well enough to beat a Water Type like Popplio."

"You're not wrong, Terra," Illima said. "Mudsdale was Hapu's first Pokémon. She had her ever since she was just a baby Mudbray."

"It sounds like that they're really close," Aqua said.

"They are," Lana said. "Just before evolving, Mudbray was just so timid. It used to hide behind Hapu whenever it got scared. She tried to get Mudbray to be pretty assertive."

"Doesn't look that way now," Kairi pointed out. She remembered how brave Mudsdale is when dealing with Drake back at the Celadon City Gym.

"Mudbray gained some courage when Hapu was attacked by a Kommo-O," Kiawe said. "Hapu thought that she was going to die, but when Mudbray saw that she was in trouble, she rushed over to protect her, and that's when Mudbray evolved.

"Mudsdale! Start things up with Stomp!" Hapu oredered. Mudsdale whinnies as it slams its front hooves on the ground.

"Popplio! Dodge!" Popplio moves out of the way before the attack could hit. "Bubble Beam!"

Popplio fired her Bubble Beam attack right at Musdale. The attack hits its mark. "Ice Beam!" Popplio fired Ice Beam, but Mudsdale moves out of the way in time.

"Mega Kick!" Mudsdale runs towards the sea lion Pokémon. Popplio tried to move only to be hit with a pretty strong kick. "High Horsepower!" An orange aura surrounds Mudsdale and charged right at Popplio with the full force of her body.

"Aqua Jet!" Sora ordered. Popplio dodged the move just in time for Mudsdale to miss. Mudsdale kept going and going until she hit a boulder in front of her.

"Mudsdale!" Hapu called running to her Pokémon. "You okay?" Mudsdale whinnies. "It's okay. You just need to be more careful next time." She took out Mudsdale Pokéball and called it back. "It think that's enough for me, Sora."

"It's cool," Sora said. "Sorry about Mudsdale hitting that boulder, though."

"It's no big deal," Hapu said smiling. "Accidents happen." Sora and Hapu fist bumped.

"Why don't you try me?" Sophocles challenged. He took out his Pokéball and threw it. "Togedemaru! Go!" the Pokéball lets Togedemaru as she got ready for battle. Sora took out his Pokédex once again.

Togedemaru, the Roly-Poly Pokémon

Type: Electric/Steel

The spiny fur on its back is normally at rest. When this Pokémon becomes agitated, its fur stands on end and stabs into its attackers. The long hairs on its back act as lightning rods. The bolts of lightning it attracts are stored as energy in its electric sac.

Sora puts his Pokédex away as he calls Popplio back and takes out another Pokéball.

"Let's go, Litten!" Sora called throwing the Pokéball. Once out, Litten starts meowing as he got ready for battle.

"A Fire Type against a Steel Type is a good call," Terra said.

"Sora is using his head that's for sure," Acerola said.

"Okay Togedemaru! Pin Missle!" Togemaru fires a barrage of spikes at Litten.

"Dodge that and use Shadow Claw!" Sora called. Litten jumped out of the way of Pin Missle and swiped at Togedemaru.

"Rollout!" Sophocles ordered. Togedemaru rolled into a ball and charged at Litten. Litten jumped out of the way of Rollout, just for Togedemaru to hit a tree. Togedemaru unrolled herself and struggled to get out. Togedemaru got out and waited for further instructions. "Okay try Zing Zap!" Togedemaru starts discharging electricity as she rolls faster and faster. Togedemaru rolls right towards Litten.

"Use Fire Fang!" Sora called as Litten charged at Togedemaru with fangs emitting fire. The two attacks collide creating a small explosion. Both Togedemaru and Litten were knocked out. Sora and Sophocles went over to their fallen Pokémon. "You did great, Litten," Sora said kindly. Litten looked up seeing Sora smiling warmly. "Keep it up and you'll get even stronger." Sora smiled. "I guarantee it!"

Litten smiled at that. Litten wanted to get stronger.

"You okay, Togedemaru?" Sophicles asked.

"Togede," Togedemaru answered sadly. "You did a really good job. You've gave it your all. You'll always be a winner to me!"

"Toge!" Togedemaru beamed as Sophocles calls Togedemaru back.

Sora and his friends took a break from training and strolled down by the beach. Pikachu relaxed on Sora's head for a while, but then Pikachu's ears perked up.

"What's up, Pikachu?" Sora asked.

"Pika!" Pikachu jumped off of Sora's head.

"Hey Pikachu! Wait up!" Sora called as he and the rest followed. Pikachu made a stop and a dreadful look on his face. Sora was the first to catch up. "Pikachu! What's gotten into you...?" Sora paused at the sight. Kairi, Ventus, Terra, Aqua, and the Alolan nine caught up to Sora and Pikachu and they gasped at what they saw. A beached Lapras. The Lapras looks like that she's in pain for some reason.

"A Lapras!" Lillie exclaimed.

"And it's beached," Kiawe added.

Sora took his Pokédex and pointed at the Lapras.

Lapras, the Transport Pokémon

Type: Water/Ice

Lapras is a smart and kindhearted Pokémon, it glides across the surface of the sea while its beautiful song echoes around it. Crossing icy seas is no issue for this cold-resistant Pokémon. Its smooth skin is a little cool to the touch.

"How did that Lapras get here?" Sora asked.

"It must have gotten separated from its group during the storm from last night," Aqua said.

"That could be it," Terra said. "A group of Lapras comes by here year after year. It's an incredible sight to see."

Not too far from the group, a young man whose main outfit is border on it, dark red shorts, a headbandand has olive green hair, walking by the beach. He saw the group at the beach's edge and wondered what they were doing and that's where got his answer.

"Holy smokes!" He yelled out getting their attention. "A Lapras!" He ran down towards the large Pokémon and goes to her side. It didn't take long before Sora and the others joined in.

"Um excuse me," Sora said. "I..."

"We need to get this Lapras into the Pokémon Center right away!" the young man said. "You all stay with it until I come back with Nurse Joy! Oh! And give it this medicine!" He handed it to Sora and headed off in a random direction.

"Hey wait a minute!" Terra called out. "You're going the wrong way!"

Terra and Aqua ran after him as they went after him. Sora did try to do exactly that.

"Here you go, Lapras," Sora said. "It's okay." Lapras opened her eyes and he saw how red they were. Sora figured that she was crying for some reason. But he wondered what happened that got it like this. Sora tried to get Lapras to drink the medicine only for the Pokémon to knock it out his hand and Pikachu to catch it.

Kairi just looked at Lapras as she placed her hand on Lapras's head. Kairi could just feel Lapras's despair. She started to feel sorry for the poor thing. Just then Terra, Aqua, and the young man from earlier came back with Nurse Joy. They did manage to get Lapras to the local Pokémon Center. As soon as they got there, Nurse Joy did a routine check on the Pokémon.

"So how is Lapras doing?" Sora asked.

"Lapras appears to be completely fine," Nurse Joy said happily. "There doesn't appear to be any serious injuries."

"What can you tell me about Lapras's eyes?" Sora asked concerned. "They were pretty red and puffy. I just can't figure out what happened."

"I'm afraid that's something only Lapras knows," Nurse Joy said sadly. "But it was a very good thing you found it just in time."

"That's good to hear," Ventus said smiling. The young man stroked his chin as he looked outside in the pool looking at Lapras. Kairi was looking at the Lapras feeling sad for it. Sora quickly noticed it.

Sora always hated to see her like that. He joined up with her and Ven and Pikachu followed him. Sora tapped her shoulder getting her to look at him.

"Doing okay?" Sora asked.

"I'm fine," Kairi answered. "But it's Lapras I'm worried about. She's been like this ever since we found her."

Sora looked at Lapras getting what she means.

"Yeah," Sora said. "Nurse Joy said she's okay though. Nothing too serious."

"Not physically at least," the young man said. "I would say something emotional."

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and Ventus looked at him.

"What do you mean?" Ventus asked.

"That Lapras looks heartbroken," he said. "I don't know all the exact details, but that's the conclusion that seems to be on mind."

Terra, Aqua, and the Alolan nine walked up to them.

"That could be possible," Lana said.

"Agreed," Illima said. "It could be possible that she lost something important to her. Like a mate or a baby."

Everyone looked back out to the Lapras. They could see the melancholy state that she's in. The young man spoke up again.

"We didn't get a chance to introduce ourselves earlier," he said. "My name's Tracey Sketchit."

"I'm Sora," Sora introduced. "And this is my Pikachu. And this kid here is my cousin Ventus."

"But call me Ven," Ventus said.

"I'm Kairi."

"Illima."

"Kiawe."

"Mallow."

"Lana."

"Sophocles."

"Lillie."

"Hapu."

"Acerola."

"Mina."

"I'm Terra."

"My name's Aqua."

"Nice to meet you," Tracey said shaking each of their hands. He took a look at Pikachu. "Your Pikachu has such a shiny coat. You obviously did a good job on raising it." Tracey took out some pencils and a sketchbook. "You don't mind if I get a sketch do you?"

"I don't mind," Sora said. "And thanks for that."

Tracey got to work sketching Pikachu getting every detail.

"The electric sacs in your Pikachu's cheeks are in perfect shape. Real strong," Tracey said still sketching. Once he was finished. He took out a couple of electrodes and held them to Pikachu's cheeks. "Now let's measure your Pikachu's power level."

"What's that thing?" Ven asked.

"Just my voltage meter," Tracey answered. "Okay Pikachu. Give me a good electric shock." Sora and Kairi winced at the request. Pikachu did give off a good shock, but just enough for the meters. The scale on the meter went up to the highest mark. "A very good level. A very, very good level."

Sora and Kairi took a breather as they were relieved. Terra was the first to speak up.

"You're not by any chance a Pokémon Watcher are you?" Terra questioned.

"Yes I am," Tracey nodded.

"That explains a lot," Terra said.

"What's a Pokémon Watcher?" Ventus asked.

"A Pokémon Watcher is a world traveler," Aqua said. "They travel all over the world studying the Pokémon's characteristics, behaviours, and abilities. They even make discoveries of new Pokémon species."

"They also measure a Pokémon's health based on their diets, measurements, skin conditions, and effectiveness of their moves," Terra concluded.

"That sounds cool!" Ventus beamed.

Tracey chuckled.

"It's a good way to travel," Tracey said. "I would like to ask what kind of diet you got your Pikachu on."

"That'll be my handy work," Kairi beamed. "The same for Sora's other Pokémon."

"I would like to make some sketches on them if you don't object," Tracey said.

"Not at all," Sora said taking out his Pokéballs and letting Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Litten, and Popplio out.

Tracey looked closely at the five Pokémon Sora had presented him. He measured Bulbasaur's bulb, Charmander's flame at the tail, and Squirtle's shell. He even took a look at Litten's coat and measured the bubbles that Popplio had created.

"All of your Pokémon are in perfect shape," Tracey said as he smiled. "The bulb on your Bulbasaur is blooming beautifully. The flame at the tip your Charmander's tail is burning nicley. The shell on your Squirtle has grown to be very strong and sturdy. Your Litten's fur is just as shiny as Pikachu's. And the bubbles from your Popplio's nose indicates that it's recieving good nazel care." Tracey said taking a sketch on each of them.

"Thanks for the kind compliment, Tracey," Sora said.

Everyone gathered at Danny's Bay of Burgers, for lunch. Sora told Tracey that he won't have to pay for lunch since he and Ventus are related to the owner and they're their friends. As they had they're lunch, the Alolan nine tells Tracey that they're from the Alola region and they're traveling with Sora and Kairi as Sora is collecting Gym Badges and is currently on his way to Fushia City and has four badges. Sora even told Tracey about how he and Kairi first met.

"That's quite a story," Tracey said. "I wouldn't want to get mixed up with the likes of them."

"We've been traveling together since," Kairi said.

"We had different experiences along the way also I had myself a share of battles," Sora said. "I even learned some things along the way."

Meanwhile, across the ocean in a submarine shaped like a Magikarp, Mad Ivan looks through the periscope looking at the Lapras inside.

"A Lapras," Mad Ivan said. "Such a rare find. It's not everyday that I, Mad Ivan, scientist extraordinaire, comes across such a gem! Especially a gem this rare! I must acquire it for myself!" Mad Ivan began his planning to swipe that Lapras.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, the Alolan nine, Ventus, Terra, Aqua, and Tracey returns to the Pokémon Center to check on Lapras, only to see a crowd looking at the Lapras. It wasn't very often that a Pokémon so rare would get dropped off to a Pokémon Center. Even Cattleya was effected by this turn of development.

"Mom?" Ven spoke up.

"Aunt Cattleya?" Sora also spoke up.

"Ventus, Sora," Cattleya said. "Hello."

"What you doing here?" Ven asked.

"Well I was doing some housecleaning when I heard someone mention a Lapras at the Pokémon Center," she explained. "I came here to see for myself. I was really surprised."

Lapras could hear the chatter about her being dropped off to the Pokémon Center, but she didn't care who was watching or not. Her world was shattered after seeing her mate die before her eyes. She started to wish she had died along with him. She felt so incredibly guilty for swimming ahead.

Nurse Joy came into the Pokémon Center's main room and clapped her hands getting their attention.

"Now that's enough staring!" The nurse called out. "This Lapras needs to rest! So unless you have an injured Pokémon that needs tending to, I would advise you to leave!" Many of the people started to take their leave as some of them are trainers who stayed to have their Pokémon treated. Nurse Joy saw Sora and his friends who had just gotten back from lunch. "I'm so glad all of you came back."

"What's the matter?" Lana asked.

"We tried to treat the Lapras to see if there were anything I may have overlooked, but she wouldn't let anyone near her," Nurse Joy explained. "It's been like that even after you brought her in."

"That's too bad," Kiawe said.

"So, I was wondering if you could try your best to get Lapras out of her shell," Nurse Joy proposed.

"We can try our best," Aqua said. "But I don't know what good it'll do."

Everyone started to pitch in trying their best to get Lapras to cheer up. They did everything they could possibly do. Not even Popplio's bubble show did the trick. Everyone was freash out of ideas.

"It's just no use," Sora groaned. "No matter what we do, nothing works."

"We can't just give up," Kairi said. "Remember the Cubone back in Lavender Town? He shut his heart from the rest of the world because he lost his mother until we came along."

"Right," Sora nodded. "We shouldn't have to throw in the towel yet."

The Alolan nodded in agreement. And then a small slender girl with quite short, shiny, violet coloured hair, purple eyes with small eyelashes and thin eyebrows. She wore a long sleeved lilac shirt with a large white collar edged with gold, thin gold cuffs and a white front with gold buttons and edging, as well as slim fit trousers that are violet at the top and darker purple at the bottom, with a jagged pattern around the knee area separating the two colors. On her feet she wears white ankle socks and black Mary-Jane shoes. She spotted the group over and walked up to them.

"Anything wrong?" The girl asked. Everyone turned to see the new girl in front of them.

"Well, it's like this," Sora started. They all explained that they came across a beached Lapras and they were trying to cheer her up, but nothing was working.

"Is that right?" She asked. "Maybe I can help."

They all turned to her wanting to know how.

"How would you do that?" Sora asked.

"I can communicate with Pokémon," she said. "I can sense their feelings. And I know how they think. And my name is Anabel, by the way."

"I'm Sora," Sora Introduced. "This is Kairi, and this is Ventus, my cousin. But we call him Ven."

"Hello Anabel," Kairi greeted.

"Hi!" Ven added.

"My name's Terra," Terra introduced.

"I'm Aqua," Aqua also introduced.

"I'm Lillie."

"Illima."

"Kiawe."

"Mallow."

"Lana."

"Sophocles."

"Mina."

"Acerola."

"Hapu."

"I'm Cattleya. Ventus's mother and Sora's aunt."

"And my name's Tracey," he finished. "You mentioned before you can communicate with Pokémon?"

"That's right," Anabel nodded. "It's a gift I had ever since I was little. I always spoke with Pokémon whether they had some problems. So I specialize with Psychic Type Pokémon."

"Pika, Pika?" Pikachu asked.

"That's right, Pikachu," Anabel said.

Everyone was surprised by that.

"Pika, Pika, Pika, Pikachu. Pi, Pika, Pikachu?" Pikachu asked.

"What did Pikachu say?" Sora asked Anabel.

"Pikachu asked me if he knew what he was thinking," she translated. "So the answer to that is you're thinking of eating a big pile of apples. Red ones, green ones and yellow ones."

"Pikachu sure likes his apples," Sora said.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said.

"You know me, Sora," Anabel translated.

Everyone laughed as Sora just felt embarrassed by Pikachu's remark. Everyone lead Anabel to the pool Lapras was occupying.

"That's her," Kairi said.

Anabel walked over to Lapras sensing the sadness. Lapras looked over to the new girl and was about to drive her away, but Anabel placed her hand on her neck.

"It's okay," Anabel said kindly. "I just want to understand you." Lapras turned away as she made her sounds. "Please help me understand. Why are you shutting your heart from the world?"

Lapras made her sound explaining to her. Anabel started to feel sorry for the Water and Ice Type as she returned to the group.

"What did Lapras tell you?" Sophocles asked.

"Well," Anabel said before taking her breath. "She's like this because her mate was recently killed by some humans with spear guns."

"What?!" Sora exclaimed.

"That's awful!" Lille said.

"She also said she swam up ahead and lost them. But when she noticed he wasn't with her, she went back to find him, but he had a spear impaled in his heart. He died right in front of her. So she just swam blindly towards the beach. And she stayed there until you all found her," Anabel said.

Sora and Kairi looked over to Lapras knowing that explains a lot.

"No wonder she's been so distant," Sora said.

"You're right," Kairi agreed. "It must be pretty hard for her to be alone in the world."

Ventus, Terra, Aqua, and the Alolan nine agreed.

"It doesn't look like she'll get over it anytime soon," Anabel said. "And who knows how long that is?"

Outside the Pokémon Center, Mad Ivan spots Sora and his friends and growls in anger.

"Drat! It's those children back at Hop Hop Hop Town," Mad Ivan growled. "They foiled my plan to acquire a Drowzee and Hypno. But they won't stop me from getting Lapras; that's for sure. I welcome the opportunity for revenge." Mad Ivan chuckled as he sets his plan into motion.

A few minutes later, he fired a net into the pool trapping Lapras inside it.

"Lapras!" Kairi exclaimed.

"Where did that come from?!" Tracey yelled.

"Not Team Rocket again," Sophocles moaned.

"No it isn't!" A familiar voice spoke over a loudspeaker. Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine recognized that voice. "Those fools Team Rocket can never hold a candle to me... Mad Ivan, scientist extraordinaire!"

"Not this guy again!" Sora shouted.

"Do you know him?" Cattleya asked her nephew.

"Unfortunately, yes," Sora answered. "He tried to take a Drowzee and a Hypno from us when we were trying to help some kids a while back. I had a really bad feeling we were going to see him again."

Mad Ivan flew with propellars before the group in his modified Magikarp submarine. The propellars deactivates and the submarine transforms into a truck.

"You and that little blue runt has foiled my plan," Mad Ivan said. "But I will be the one who shall win and have the last laugh!" Mad Ivan laughs mockingly.

"Not if we have anything to say about it!" Sora said taking out a Pokéball.

"My thoughts exactly," Anabel said also taking out a Pokéball.

"Go Popplio!" Sora shouted throwing his Pokéball.

"Espeon! Go!" Anabel shouted throwing her Pokéball letting out a purple Pokémon with a red jewel encrusted on its forehead. Its face is distinctly cat-like with a short, blunt muzzle and a tiny, triangular nose. It has long pointed ears almost similar to a fennec fox, and whisker-like tufts of fur protruding from either side of its face just below its ears. Its eyes are deep purple and almond-shaped with white pupils. It has a slender tail that tapers into two ends, as if splitting into two. Sora took out his Pokédex to get intel on this Pokémon.

Espeon, the Sun Pokémon

An evolved form of Eevee

Type: Psychic

Espeon is extremely loyal to any Trainer it considers to be worthy. It is said that this Pokémon developed its precognitive powers to protect its Trainer from harm

"One of Eevee's evolved forms," Sora said to himself.

"So that little runt is on your team," Mad Ivan said taking out his three Pokéballs. "Gastly! Haunter! Gengar! Assume battle!" The Pokéballs opens as they let out the three ghostly Pokémon.

"Gastly."

"Haunter."

"Gengar."

"Let me help make the playing field even!" Tracey said pulling out his own Pokéball. "Venonat! Let's go!" The Pokéball opens to reveal a bug Pokémon with large purple fur and big compound eyes. And it haves two white antennae that stick out of their head. And it's small brown hands are tucked with its body and its feet are the same color. Sora pointed his Pokédex at the bug Pokémon.

Venonat, the Insect Pokémon

Type: Bug/Poison

Venonat is said to have evolved with a coat of thin, stiff hair that covers its entire body for protection. It possesses large eyes that never fail to spot even minuscule prey in which consisted of small insects.

"Venonat has an eye for spotting Pokémon," Tracey said making Sora laugh for a bit.

"Good one," Sora said before getting serious. "Popplio! Ice Beam on Haunter!"

"Venonat! Use Sludge Bomb on Gastly!" Tracey ordered.

Popplio fired Ice Beam at Haunter hitting its mark and Venonat forms a huge ball if sludge and hurling it at Gastly. Espeon fired Psybeam on Gengar. Sora and Tracey looked at Anabel. They wondered why she didn't order Espeon to attack.

"Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar! Use your Shadow Ball!" Mad Ivan ordered when all three ghosts fired Shadow Ball right at their intended targets.

"Dodge!" Sora and Tracey both said at once. They did that when Espeon told the both of them to get behind Espeon. They did that when Espeon stopped the Shadow Balls with Psychic and sent them back to their owners. They all took serious damage.

"My babies!" Mad Ivan gasped. "You'll pay for that! Dark Pulse!" Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar fired their Dark Pulse at the three opposing Pokémon knowing that Espeon won't refect it back. Espeon activated a protective force field around them. Espeon used Psychic again, but this time on Gastly.

"Bubble Beam!" Sora called out.

"You use Psychic, too!" Tracey also called out.

Popplio fires a fearsome Bubble Beam at Gengar and Venonat slams Haunter into the ground with Psychic. Everyone watched the battle with Ventus calling out telling them to get them. Venonat and Espeon sends all the ghost evolution line back at Mad Ivan. It was time to send them packing.

"Okay Pikachu! Send them flying with Electro Ball!" Sora said.

"Pika!" Pikachu said as he swung his Electro Ball at the Magikarp submarine causing it to explode. Mad Ivan and his three Pokémon go flying in the air like Team Rocket.

"I may not be with Team Rocket, but I do know I'm blasting off!" Mad Ivan yelled out as he goes right into the sky. A star twinkles in the distance. Sora, Tracey, and Anabel called their Pokémon back. Lapras was still in the net, so Sora cut Lapras out of the net. Lapras was watching the battle and saw how they saved her from a human who wanted to use her. Sora spoke up to her.

"Lapras," Sora started. "I'm sorry about your mate. I can only imagine how happy he must have made you. But you can't shut your heart out from the world. I'm sure your mate doesn't want that for you. I know he'll want you to be happy even when he's not here. Living a life of misery isn't a life worth living. But whatever you decide is squarely up to you. So what do you say, Lapras?" Lapras looks over to Sora and let what he said sink in. She knew he was right. Her mate did make her happy. More than any other Lapras could imagine. She couldn't shut herself off because of his death because he didn't want that for her. Lapras swam over to Sora and nuzzled him. She made her sounds to him. Sora looks over to Anabel. "What did she say?"

"She said that you're right," Anabel translated. "Her mate made her the happiest Lapras in the world and he wouldn't forgive her if she didn't open up with anyone. So she decided that she wants to be your Pokémon."

"Really?" Sora asked. Lapras nodded. Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine knew that there was going to be a new addition to the team. Terra, Aqua, and Ventus, and Cattleya smiled at the sight.

"Now you're getting yourself a Lapras!" Ventus beamed. "How cool is that?"

"I know Sora will take very good care of her," Aqua said.

"And just after he helped save her from that scientist," Terra added.

Sora took out a Pokéball and threw it at Lapras. Lapras flows inside the Pokéball and stars swirls around confirming the catch. Sora's Pokédex starts buzzing as it askes if he wants to keep Lapras or send her to Professor Oak's lab. He chose to keep Lapras on his team and sends Popplio in exchange. "I promise you I'll do everything to help out."

With everything right again, Sora and his friends got ready to continue on with their journey.

"Sorry that I can't stay a little while longer but, we need to get the show on the road," Sora said.

"Don't worry about it, Sora," Danny said. "Your journey is pretty important."

"And we wish you luck for your Gym battle," Cattleya said.

"I know that you'll win and have more Pokémon to catch!" Ventus said.

"Just don't get overconfident," Aqua said.

"The Gym Leader there is nothing to sneeze at," Terra said.

They said their goodbyes to Sora's relatives and to Tracey and Anabel as they set off for Fushia City. They took one last look at the beach before setting off to Fushia City. Who knows what else lies ahead? Only time holds the answer.