Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Training For the Pokémon League ( Chapter 65 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 65: Training For the Pokémon League!

Sora was sleeping soundly in his bedroom and Mimey enters vacuuming the room.

"I won the Pokémon League," Sora said in his sleep. "I won the Pokémon League!"

In Sora's dream, the crowd roars as Sora waves upon his victory.

"Thank you! Thank you!" Sora called to the crowd. Sora took a bow to the cheering crowd.

"Sora!" A familiar female voice called from behind him. He turns to see his girlfriend and her Togepi beside her.

"Kairi!" Sora beamed.

"Come here, winner," Kairi cooed. Sora obliges her as he ran up to her. The move in for a kiss when Kairi started to suck in Sora's face. In reality, it was his mother's Mr. Mime that was holding the vacuum in his face. This woke up Pikachu.

"Hey! What's the gag?!" Sora exclaimed. He got the vacuum off of his face. "Mimey! Why did you have to do that to me?!"

"Mime, Mr. Mime!" Mimey laughed as he exited Sora's bedroom. Sora had a sour look on his face and turns to Pikachu snickering.

"You wouldn't be laughing if that happened to you," Sora deadpanned.

"Sora! Breakfast!" Delia called from downstairs. "I'm making blueberry waffles!"

"Coming!" Sora called back. "Maybe mom's blueberry waffles will make me forget about my troubles."

"Pikachu," Pikachu agreed.

Sora quickly changed into his usual clothes and came downstairs and saw Ventus, Riku, Terra, Isa, Lea, Illima, Sophocles, and Kiawe enjoying the breakfast Sora's mother had prepared for them.

"These are pretty good, Mrs. K!" Lea complemented.

"Thank you, Lea," Delia said happily. "It just makes me happy to see you boys enjoy it so much."

"Hey Sophocles, don't hog all the syrup!" Ventus said.

"I just like to eat waffles with lots of syrup!" Sophocles defended.

"Morning everyone," Sora finally spoke.

"Good morning, Sora. Did you sleep well?" Delia asked.

"I did until Krusty the Clown decided to vacuum my face as well," Sora answered.

"Oh, Mimey is just getting adjusted to his new life here," Delia said.

"If you say so," Sora said taking his plate eating his waffles.

"So Sora. Since you now have eight Badges under your belt, where do you think the Pokémon League tournament is going to take place?" Ventus asked.

"The Pokémon League takes place in the Indigo Plateau," Terra answered for Sora. "It should take place within two months."

"And that's going to be the time you will need to start training," Riku pointed out.

"That's a good idea, Riku," Sora said. "I need to be on top of my game if I'm going to compete. I was thinking of heading down to Professor Oak's lab after breakfast."

"And we can help out with your training," Illima said.

"Just give the word and it'll be done," Kiawe added.

Sora was very appreciative to have such good friends. Sora and Pikachu stepped outside of the house he looked to the house next door and saw Kairi step out with Togepi in her arms.

"Well, good morning, beautiful!" Sora greeted his girlfriend.

"Morning, Sora," Kairi greeted back walking up to her boyfriend.

"So how was the first night in your new house?" Sora asked.

"Well, to be completely honest," Kairi paused for a moment, "I love my new house since you live right next door." That made Sora smile.

"I was hoping you would," Sora said. "Right Pikachu?"

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded in agreement.

"I'm really happy to see your mom and my grandma get along so much," Kairi said.

"Yeah. Me too," Sora said. "I was thinking of heading down to Professor Oak's lab to train for the Pokémon League. I was wondering if you would like to join me."

"Sure thing, Sora," Kairi said. "I'm looking forward to seeing some of your other Pokémon again."

"Toge, Toge," Togepi chirped.

With that said, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Riku, Naminé, and Eevee left for Professor Oak's lab to train for the upcoming Pokémon League tournament. Lea and Isa had stuck around with Delia for a bit longer. When they entered the lab the place was practically deserted.

"Hello, professor?" Sora called out.

No answer came in the lab as a large purple blob came in the room.

"Muk, Muk," Muk said.

"Hey Muk!" Sora called out grabbing Muk's attention. At the sight of Sora, Muk rushed over to Sora giving him slimy hug. "Hey, come on, Muk!" Sora laughed. "Get off me!" Sora laughed some more.

"Doesn't Muk seem different from when we met him at Gringey City?" Kiawe asked.

"But where's Professor Oak?" Terra asked.

"I'm over here," Professor Oak as he crawled from under Muk. The Pokémon professor gasped for air. "I heard from your mother that you and your friends arrived here yesterday." He got back up and patted himself off. He noticed Togepi in her arms and went up to her. "Ah, a Togepi! Such a rare Pokémon you have there."

"Well, I think Togepi is just cute," Kairi cooed.

"Pi, Toge," Togepi chirped.

"And judging on how happy it looks, you have been taking very good care of it," Professor Oak said. He then sets his attention to Riku. "And who might be you?"

"The name's Riku," he answered.

"Oh, so you're Riku. A pleasure to meet you," Professor Oak said. Sora had to make a stab at it right now.

"Um, Professor," Sora spoke up.

"Yes?" Professor Oak asked turning to Sora.

"I just came by to your lab to train for the Pokémon League if it's okay with you," Sora said.

"Oh, of course. Gary is already training as well," Professor Oak said. "But I guess you can do the same to get ready."

"Thanks, professor!" Sora said.

"Any time," Professor Oak said.

With that said, the group stepped out into the field to get started to train. Once outside, Sora called out all the Pokémon on his team while the rest of Sora's Pokémon started to gather around.

"Okay you guys," Sora addressed his Pokémon, "the Pokémon League tournament is taking place within a couple of months, so we all need to be on our toes for the big day! So let's get started!" All of Sora's Pokémon all shouted with agreement as they all got started with their training.

Blastoise, Primarina, Lapras, Kingler, Dragonair, Poliwhirl, and Psyduck trained by swimming to prepare for anything his opponents would try if they were swimming. But as soon as Psyduck got in the water, Psyduck was flailing around. Sora couldn't believe that he ended up with a Psyduck that couldn't swim.

Charizard, Butterfree, Beedrill, Pidgeotto, Trumbeak, Venomoth, Haunter, Golbat, Decidueye, Scyther, and Aerodactyl did their flying excercises to get ready for any airborne surprises.

Pikachu along with Venusaur, Incineroar, Vulpix, Nidorino, Nidorina, Primeape, Muk, Rhydon, Hakamo-o, Tauros, Sandslash, Lycanroc, Kangaskhan, Arcanine, Salazzle, and Snorlax did a little running exercises for any land based tricks.

Kairi, Togepi, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, and the Alolan nine all watched on as Sora's Pokémon trained. They were really coming around with their training.

They all trained and exercised throughout the course of the day and took some breaks to avoid stress from time to time. Trumbeak has shown some huge improvement. He flew along Pidgeotto improving his speed. Trumbeak started to evolve shocking everyone.

"Whoa!" Ventus exclaimed.

"Trumbeak is evolving!" Lillie said.

Trumbeak evolved into a toucan-like Pokémon.

"Trumbeak is now a Toucannon," Illima said.

"Let's see what Dexter has to say about you," Sora said taking out his Pokédex.

Toucannon, the Cannon Pokémon

The evolved form of Trumbeak

Type: Normal/Flying

When it battles, its beak heats up. The temperature can easily exceed 212 degrees Fahrenheit, causing severe burns when it hits. Toucannon smack beaks with others of their kind to communicate. The strength and number of hits tell each other how they feel.

"Well, I shouldn't be touching that beak," Sora said putting his Pokédex away. "But at least we got us an evolved Pokémon now!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said.

Everyone agreed to Sora's statement on Trumbeak's evolution. Pidgeotto was mighty proud of Toucannon, but at the same time he was a bit jealous because he had fully evolved before Pidgeotto did.

"Now let's see how well your new move is after evolving," Sora said. "Beak Blast!" Toucannon's beak started to heat up instantly getting hotter and hotter. Toucannon slammed his beak onto the ground creating a small steaming crater.

"Wow! That was an awesome attack!" Ventus exclaimed.

"It sure is," Kiawe agreed. "That can cause serious burns when it makes contact."

"How about a sparring match you guys? It'll be even more fun to have a practice battle," Sora said.

"That's quite an idea, Sora," Illima agreed. "But whom shall volunteer for it?"

"I'll take a crack at it," Hapu volunteered. "You owe me a rematch anyway."

"Okay, Hapu. You're on!" Sora said accepting her challenge. Both trainers got ready for their one-on-one match. Hapu had already sent out Mudsdale, and Sora was sending out his Scyther for this match.

"Let's go Mudsdale! Mega Kick!" Hapu ordered as Mudsdale threw her mighty kick towards the mantis Pokémon.

"Scyther! Dodge it!" Sora called out.

"Scyther!" Scyther flew in the air as Mudsdale's Mega Kick missed. " Night Slash!" Scyther swung his sickle right at the horse Pokémon.

"Mudsdale! Dodge and use Superpower!" Hapu called out as Mudsdale's muscles bulked and used her attack on Scyther. Sora was impressed by that move.

"Nice one, Hapu!" Sora complimented.

"Thanks, Sora! Don't start slacking off! You need to be on top of your game, remember?" Hapu reminded him.

"How can I forget? Scyhter! Use Fury Cutter!" Sora ordered as Scyther took a good swing right at Mudsdale. "Now use Quick Attack!" Scyther charged at Mudsdale giving her a critical hit. "Now use X-Scissor!" Scyther gave Mudsdale a good clean hit with X-Scissor. Hapu clearly lost the battle as Mudsdale fell to the ground beaten.

"Not bad, Sora. I just got a taste of how tough you got since we last went at it," Hapu said.

"Thanks Hapu," Sora said. "Anybody else?

"How about me?" Acerola stepped up. "Mimikyu needs a little exercise." Accerola let her Mimikyu out of her Pokéball.

"Okay, Accerola. You've got it," Sora said. He looked over to Golbat. "Hey, Golbat! You wanna take another swing at Mimikyu?" Golbat nodded. "Great! Go in there!" Golbat flew into place as Mimikyu took her position. "Golbat! Air Slash!" Golbat fired Air Slash right at the disguise Pokémon and he remembered how much he freaked out about how he thought he accidentally killed Mimikyu; this time he was fully aware of the Disguise ability. Right on cue the head on the top falls on the side.

"Mimikyu! Shadow Claw!" Acerola ordered as Mimikyu took out her claw from underneath and swiped right at the bat Pokémon.

"Dodge it!" Sora called out as Golbat flew in the air avoiding the attack. "Dive in with Wing Attack!" Golbat dove down and gave the ghostly Pokémon a hit with his wing. "Now use Poison Fang!" Golbat's teeth emitted poison and flew towards Mimikyu to deliver a good bite.

"Mimikyu! Dodge and use Play Rough!" Accerola ordered as Mimikyu dodged by simply jumping and headed towards Golbat and gave him a series of beatings.

"Golbat!" Sora called out. Golbat was sent flying, but not naturally. Golbat quickly regained his balance. Golbat started to evolve making everyone go in awe as Golbat was now a Crobat. "Yes! A Crobat!"

"Two evolutions in one day!" Ventus exclaimed with his eyes sparkling.

"It looks like Sora has an edge now," Lana said.

"Sure does!" Sophocles agreed.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said.

"Togepi!" Togepi chirped.

"Wanna continue this, Acerola?" Sora asked.

"Only if you're game, Sora! Mimikyu! Shadow Ball!" Acerola ordered as Mimikyu fired right at the newly evolved Pokémon.

"Crobat! Block that with Wing Attack!" Sora ordered as Crobat used his wings to cut through the Shadow Ball like a watermelon. "Now use Cross Poison!" Crobat's wings formed purple blades and heads towards Mimikyu.

Mimikyu gets hit by Crobat's attack and gets knocked out. Acerola walks over to Mimikyu and picks her up.

"You did great, Mimikyu. You should rest up," Acerola said. She looks over to Sora smiling. "You did great too, Sora!"

"Thanks!" Sora said. "Anybody else?"

Before anyone could answer everyone looked around to hear a sound of distress. They all saw a pink Butterfree being chased by a Fearow.

"That Butterfree is in trouble!" Kairi gasped.

"Not for long!" Sora said as looks over to Pikachu to help out, but his Butterfree just flew ahead. "Butterfree?" Sora looked over to his Butterfree fyling in front of the pink Butterfree. Upon closer inspection, it was clearly female because of the pattern on the bottom of its wings.

"It looks like your Butterfree wants to battle that Fearow," Riku said.

"I can respect that. Butterfree! Psybeam!" Sora ordered as Butterfree fired Psybeam right at the bird Pokémon. "Now use Bug Buzz!" Butterfree sends out a soundwave right towards the Fearow. The pink Butterfree watched Sora's Butterfree coming to her rescue dealing damage on the Fearow. "Silver Wind!" Butterfree blew Silver Wind making the bird Pokémon retreat having enough.

"And don't come back!" Ventus called out.

"Your Butterfree is pretty strong," Terra said.

"You did a good job at training him," Aqua added. Sora smiled as he scratched the back of his head. Kairi handed Togepi over to Ventus and gave Sora a kiss on the cheek making him blush as the Alolan nine all laughed.

"Hey guys, look!" Mallow said pointing to the two Butterfree. They all turned as Sora's Butterfree was doing a little dance as did the pink Butterfree.

"So that pink Butterfree is a girl," Naminé pointed out.

"Eevee," Eevee said.

"What are they doing?" Ventus asked.

"They're doing a courtship dance," Lillie said. "That must be how Butterfree chooses their mates."

"Just like when Sora saved me from those Pokémon hunters," Kairi remembered.

"Yeah," Sora also remembered. He smiled as he was happy to see his Butterfree has a girlfriend now. "Hey there!" Sora called out to his Butterfree. "Come here!" Sora gestured his Butterfree to fly down and then looked to the pink Butterfree. "You too!" He gestured the pink Butterfree. She flew down.

"I never seen a pink Butterfree before," Mallow said.

"Me neither," Mina said.

"Gotta admit, it's pretty unusual," Riku said. "But it's not unheard of."

"Indeed not," Illima said.

"Say Sora. How about we have a practice battle," Riku said. "My Eevee against your Butterfree."

"You sure?" Sora asked.

"You came a long way since you got started on your journey, so it's only natural that we get this over with. Besides, I owe you a battle anyway," Riku said.

"Okay, you're on!" Sora accepted. "Butterfree! You game?"

"Ree," Butterfree nodded.

Sora and Riku got into position with Butterfree and Eevee looking at each other. Kairi, Naminé, and the Alolan nine all watched the battle about to start. The pink Butterfree beside Kairi. She turned to the butterfly Pokémon next to her.

"Sora's Butterfree is something special," Kairi said. "I would know because I knew him as a little Caterpie." The pink Butterfree believed the words she said.

"Okay Eevee! Quick Attack!" Riku ordered as Eevee ran towards Butterfree.

"Butterfree! Silver Wind!" Sora ordered as Butterfree flapped hus wings sending out Silver Wind. Eevee managed to dodge, but Butterfree kept flapping following Eevee's movements.

"Eevee! Swift!" Riku called out. Eevee fired Swift right at Butterfree.

"Butterfree! Bug Buzz!" Sora ordered as Butterfree flapped his wings sending his sound attack blocking out the stars. "Now use Psybeam!" Butterfree fired Psybeam right at Eevee.

"Dig!" Riku called out as Eevee dug into the earth. Sora and Butterfree waited for Eevee to emerge. Eevee jumped out from behind Butterfree.

"Butterfree! Behind you!" Sora called out to Butterfree. He turned around and saw Eevee in the air.

"Shadow Ball!" Riku called out. Eevee shot a ball of shadow towards the butterfly Pokémon.

"Silver Wind!" Sora ordered as Butterfree flaps his wings and blew Eevee's Shadow Ball back. The attack blows back and lands right next to the Normal Type Pokémon. "Now use Gust!" Butterfree flapped his wings again and sends the wind attack towards Eevee.

"Dodge and use Quick Attack!" Riku ordered. Eevee ran through Butterfree's Gust and landed a direct hit. "Shadow Ball!" Eevee shot Shadow Ball right into Butterfree landing some damage. Butterfree falls to the ground beaten. "Looks like I won, Sora."

Sora wasn't surprised that he lost to Riku again, but there was no shame in losing to him. The pink Butterfree flew up to Sora's Butterfree and nuzzled him. He nuzzled back to her.

"It looks you like you have someone to cheer you on no matter if you win or lose," Sora said with a smile. "You should rest for a while, Butterfree. You've earned one."

"Ree," Sora's Butterfree nodded as he obliged his trainer. The pink Butterfree flew along with his Butterfree and rested up in a tree.

"Back to more trtraining for the rest of us," Sora said. Sora's Pokémon trained a bit more longer right until to nightfall. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Riku,Naminé, and Eevee went back to the houses to rest for the night.

Once they reached their homes, Sora and Kairi kissed each other goodbye until the next day before they went inside. Once they entered, they saw Lea and Isa setting the table for dinner.

"Welcome back," Lea greeted.

"How'd your training go?" Isa asked.

"It went well," Sora answered.

"Two of Sora's Pokémon evolved and everything!" Ventus said.

"That's great," Lea said.

Sora and the rest of the boys sat down as Delia and Mimey brought out a pot filled with spaghetti and meatballs for everyone. As the boys ate their dinner, Delia smiled watching them enjoy their meal.

Over to Kairi's house, the girls had entered Kairi's bedroom and sat around like it was a slumber party.

"That meal you helped my grandma cook was amazing, Mallow," Kairi complimented.

"Thanks. She was nice enough to let me help her out," Mallow said.

The girls spent some talking about some random stuff, but Naminé was quiet for most of the time. The reason is Naminé had Riku on her mind. She and Riku had only been in Pallet Town for a short time, but she remembered when she heard someone said that they were a good pair. Lillie looked at her with a concerned look.

"Is something bothering you, Naminé?" Lillie asked.

"No," Naminé lied.

Lillie wasn't buying it and that caught the attention of the other girls. They all knew something was up. That was something Kairi all knew too well.

"You can tell us whatever is on your mind, Naminé," Kairi said kindly. "Just know we're listening."

Naminé looked up at her and saw the sincerity in her eyes. Naminé gave off a sigh and spoke up.

"Okay. My mind is on Riku," Naminé admitted. The Alolan girls definitely knew where this was going. "Ever since he and I first met each other on Porta Vista when he got my sketchbook from those two bullies. So he's been occupying every bit of my mind. I went with him because I wanted to get to know him little by little. But I made a few drawings on that matter." Naminé took out her sketchbook and showed it to the girls.

When they opened the sketchbook they saw that many were different Pokémon. They even saw some of Riku and his Eevee. And some with all three of them. They even saw one with Riku and Naminé kissing with a heart above them.

"Well this one is cute," Mallow beamed making Naminé snatch it back blushing.

"You shouldn't have seen that one!" Naminé said hotly.

"What do you mean? You were the one who showed us your sketchbook," Acerola said.

"And they're very good drawings," Mina added. "And I would think mine are good."

"Yeah. And you and Riku would make a very cute couple," Lana said.

Naminé didn't say anything after that and she looked to the floor blushing. Kairi felt sorry for Naminé because that was how she used to feel before she confessed her feelings to Sora.

"You could let it off your chest, Naminé. You'll feel so much better when you do. Just know that we're right behind you," Kairi said.

Naminé looked back to her and smiled. Naminé started to feel better.

"Okay. I'll tell all of you; but you can't tell Riku or any of the boys," Naminé pleaded.

"Promise," all the girls vowed.

"I do love Riku," Naminé finally admitted. "I've always felt safe whenever I'm with him. I guess you can say that is the reason I wanted to travel with him."

"Didn't you kiss him?" Mallow asked.

"Well..." Naminé said in a blush. She deeply sighed to what she would have to admit next. "I did." Mallow, Lana, Acerola, and Mina became enthralled while Hapu stared interested. "On the cheeks and on the lips while he was sleeping." Naminé's blush grew even redder. "I mean he looked so cute sleeping."

"How many times on the lips?" Hapu asked.

"Once," Naminé admitted.

Kairi and Aqua both looked at each other and nodded.

"We won't tell Riku what you told us. But I think you should tell him," Aqua suggested. Naminé turned to the bluenette.

"Aqua is right," Kairi agreed. "You should let Riku know how you feel about your feelings." Naminé was about to speak when Kairi silenced the blonde. "I did the same thing. I kissed Sora on the lips in his sleep just before we became a couple," Kairi had finally admitted. "I had to tell him how I felt but I was afraid he didn't have any feelings for me; but I was happy to see that I was wrong. He did have the same feelings towards me."

Lillie remembered very clearly when she witnessed her and Sora kissing on that very night and blushed at the memory because she felt embarrassed for accidentally walking in on them. Mallow, Lana, Acerola, Mina, and Hapu just puffed their cheeks since they missed their first kiss.

"You're right Kairi. I should tell him," Naminé said. "And thanks for the talk."

"Anytime," Kairi said.

All the girls all got to bed and drifted off into sleep when Kairi turned off the lights. Naminé stayed awake for a few minutes more before she drifted off to sleep herself.

Over in Sora's house, all the boys were fast asleep. Riku woke up and turned to Eevee still sleeping. He got up without waking up his partner, but Sora woke up and saw him leave the room. He got back up and followed him downstairs. Riku got a drink of water as he approached him.

"You know that's how accidents in bed happen right?" Sora asked making Riku turn to him.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" Riku asked.

"I should be asking you the same thing," Sora countered. "So what's up?"

"Nothing. Just got thirsty and came down for a drink," Riku said. Sora knew there was more to it.

"But something is up with you," Sora pointed out.

"Well," Riku said in a blush. "Since you've brought it up, yeah there is."

"You can tell me," Sora said.

"It's Naminé," Riku said and that got Sora interested.

"Go on," Sora told him.

"I'm starting to think that I'm staring to be like you. I think I have feelings for her," Riku admitted.

"And is that a bad thing?" Sora asked.

"No, I'm not saying that," Riku said. "What I'm saying is that's a really good thing."

"Then you should tell her right in her face," Sora urged him.

"What if she doesn't feel that way about me?" Riku asked.

"You're never gonna find out unless you confess to her," Sora said as he placed his hand on his shoulder. "Trust me. I've been there." Riku knew Sora was right and nodded as he understood what he meant.

"Okay, Sora. But if you end up teasing me about my love life then we're going to have words," Riku warned him.

"I won't tease. Now let's get back to sleep before my mom catches us down here," Sora said. Both boys went back to his bedroom and they fell back to sleep. Riku stayed awake for a few more minutes before he drifted off to sleep himself.