Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Jealousy Strikes ( Chapter 66 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 66: Jealousy Strikes

On the very next day, Sora and Kairi took a walk through the neighborhood with so many familiar faces looking upon them and noticed them holding each other's hands. They passed by an elderly couple sitting on the bench on their front porch.

"Oh, look honey. It's the Ketchum boy," the elderly woman pointed out. "And she must be his girlfriend."

"How very nice. Just watching those two takes me back when we were their age," the elderly man said.

As the couple had eventually reached the lab to proceed with their training while Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Lea, Isa, and the Alolan nine had joined Delia and Kairi's grandmother for an outing. Riku and Naminé stayed behind while Mimey did some sweeping on the Ketchum front porch.

Gary was already there getting an earful from Professor Oak about his encounter with Mewtwo.

"That was a very reckless thing you did, young man!" Professor Oak scolded his grandson. "What in the world were you thinking?"

"Look grandpa, I'm sorry for not letting you know ahead of time," Gary said. "I only went there to catch the Pokémon and show it to you afterwards."

"That is no excuse, Gary!" Professor Oak said. "What if something were to happen to you?! How would I be able to face your mother after that?!" Gary was about to retort when his grandfather gave him a stern look in his eyes.

"Okay, I admit that was very stupid. I won't rush in without a plan again. Happy?" Gary sarcastically asked.

"That is all I'm asking. At least Sora did before he went in," Professor Oak pointed out.

Gary just scoffed at the mention of Sora. He stepped outside and saw Sora and Kairi training with his Pokémon. He had his eyes on Kairi. The image of the two of them kissing back at the gorge was still in his mind and he felt his blood boil seeing those two together.

"Okay you guys! Same as last time! Let's go!" Sora said. All of Sora's Pokémon trained hard for the League tournament in less than two months. Kairi holding Togepi in her arms and joined by Butterfree's new mate.

Gary watched on until they took a break. Sora went over to Kairi to rest up.

"You're getting better," Kairi said.

"I think you're right," Sora agreed. Sora's Butterfree went to his mate and they nuzzled. The couple smiled at the two Butterfree smiling at the sight. "That really takes me back. How about you, Kairi?"

"If you're saying how he saved her yesterday and how I saved you when we first met, then you'd be right," Kairi said.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said.

"Togepi!" Togepi chirped.

Kairi started to take Sora's hand and pulled him close to her.

"Kairi! What are you doing?" Sora asked.

"Just cuddling you," Kairi said.

"Oh come on, Kairi! Pikachu, Togepi and the other Pokémon are right here!" Sora reminded her.

"Let them watch," Kairi said in a flirting tone. She put her arms around Sora and kissed him on the lips. Sora placed his own arms around Kairi and returned the kiss. Gary was getting even more pissed off. They broke the kiss. "Gotta go make some lunch for us. The professor said I can even use my special recipe Pokémon food for the Pokémon." Sora beamed at the thought of eating lunch with her. She went to the laboratory doors and headed off to the kitchen. Gary was hiding out of sight and waited for her to be completely out of sight as Gary stepped out.

"Man, just thinking about the two of us eating together makes me feel so excited," Sora said smiling.

"Pika," Pikachu deadpanned.

"Oh, you're still here?" Sora questioned in a sarcastic tone.

"Pika," Pikachu nodded.

"I know you're pretty psyched for some of Kairi's Pokémon food again," Sora said. "Just admit it."

"Pikachu!" Pikachu admitted.

"That's what I thought!" Sora said. Gary approached Sora from behind and Sora looked at him.

"Hello Sora," Gary simply greeted.

"Hey," Sora said. "Something I can help you with?"

"Don't play innocent with me!" Gary hissed. "What are you trying to pull?"

"Excuse me!" Sora exclaimed.

"What the hell are you trying to do?" Gary asked.

"What are you talking about?" Sora asked.

"You know damn well what I am talking about!" Gary said with hostility.

"No I don't! Why don't you just tell me?" Sora asked.

"She's mine!" Gary told him.

"What?" Sora asked.

"Kairi is my girl!" Gary snarled.

"Oh yeah? Says who?" Sora questioned not liking that claim.

"Says the future number one Pokémon Master!" Gary said.

"Hate to burst your bubble, but Kairi is my girlfriend, Einstein!" Sora argued.

"And who the hell decided that fact?!" Gary yelled.

"Kairi and I did!" Sora barked at his rival. "We're a couple and if I was you, I would just back the hell off!"

"What can a girl as incredible as Kairi see in a spiky headed loser like you?!" Gary retorted making Sora chuckle at that.

"Funny you should ask me that. What could she see in a spoiled snobby brat like you?" Sora asked him.

"Spoiled snobby brat?!" Gary snarled.

"Yeah! A spoiled snobby brat! That is what you are! Someone who would go around flaunting about how you're the grandson of a Pokémon researcher like a little kid with a fancy new bike on the schoolyard! I never knew my dad or my grandpa and your grandpa treated me like his own! He was even there for my mom when my dad died! He loved my mom like she was his own daughter ever since she was a kid! And he was your grandpa and you just took that for granted!" Sora stated.

"I did not take it for granted!" Gary yelled.

"Yeah you did! You've been rubbing my nose into it from day one! You go around and talk about how you're better than everybody else and those bimbo cheerleaders just follow you around and cheer you on for every little thing!" Sora said. "They just cheered you on just for every little thing you do! Just to boost your big fatass ego!"

"Well excuse me! Well, I don't know why you didn't just give up! The other two did!" Gary yelled.

"Because I am not a quitter," Sora argued.

"Not a quitter," Gary scoffed.

"And I can tell you something else I'm not! I'm not what I said before! A spoiled snobby brat! That's what I'm not! And that's why Kairi will never love a guy like you!" Sora said. That made Gary angry. "So now if you excuse me, I'll be heading inside." Sora turned around and started walking.

"You get the hell back here! I'm not done with you!" Gary called out to him.

"But I'm done with you!" Sora said not looking at him.

"I said get your loser ass back here!" Gary yelled. Sora just ignored him. Gary had enough of this and rushed over and gave Sora a shove on the ground.

"What the hell is your problem?!" Sora yelled getting up.

"My problem is you and her! It should be me and her! You stay away from her!" Gary yelled.

"You can't tell me to do that!" Sora retorted.

"Well I just did!" Gary said.

"Look, Gary! Kairi is my girlfriend and you are going to accept that fact!" Sora told him. Gary growled at him.

"I will not lose to you!" Gary gave Sora a punch on the chest.

"Why did you do that?!" Sora exclaimed as he wheezed.

"I will never lose to you on anything!" Gary retorted. "Come on! Come at me! Not a Pokémon battle! Just man-to-man!" Sora just shook his head.

"No. It's not worth it," Sora said.

"Why not? You afraid that you are going to lose to me?" Gary taunted.

"No, because it's stupid! Even for you!" Sora said. Kairi stepped out and saw Sora and Gary together. Gary growled as he tackled Sora and started to pummel him.

"Sora!" Kairi gasped.

"Pika!" Pikachu gasped.

"Toge!" Togepi gasped.

"Get off me, Gary!" Sora shouted as Gary started to pounding him.

"You bastard! You bastard! You bastard!" Gary shouted as he was beating up Sora.

"Get off of him, Gary!" Kairi called out. "Leave him alone!" Riku and Eevee came to the scene and saw what was going on. Both Pokémon and trainer rushed to the scene. "Get off of him!" Kairi tried to pull Gary off only for him to push her off.

"Toge, Toge!" Togepi gasped as he ran up to her.

"I'm okay, Togepi," Kairi assured Togepi. She tried to stand up and felt a sharp pain on her ankle. "Ouch!"

Gary was beating up Sora and Riku pulled Gary off of Sora and gave him a hard punch in the face giving him a black eye. He went over to Sora and helped him up.

"You okay, Sora?" Riku asked.

"I'm fine. A little sore, but I'm fine," Sora wheezed.

"Pika, Pika!" Pikachu shouted as he ran up to his trainer.

"What's is it, Pikachu?" Sora asked as Pikachu pointed to Kairi. "Oh my gosh! Kairi!" Sora ran to her. "You okay?" Sora asked concerned.

"I twisted my ankle," Kairi said.

"Let me help you," Sora said picking her up in a bridal carry. He carried her inside the lab with Pikachu and Togepi following. Riku watched them leave and then turned to Gary with an angry look.

"Why not just rub this in face why don't you?!" Gary hissed. "Just like ever-"

"You just shut up!" Riku coldly cut him off. He and Eevee went off to join them. Sora carried Kairi to a couch for her to rest her ankle and that was when Professor Oak came in. And saw Sora beaten up.

"What happened?" Professor Oak asked concerned.

"Gary happened," Sora answered. "Your grandson went ballistic on me!"

"What?!" Professor Oak exclaimed in shock. "Gary?"

"It's true, professor," Kairi said. "Gary was beating up Sora and I twisted my ankle when I tried to pull him off."

"And that's where I come in," Riku said. "I saw it happen and I gave punched Gary just to get him off of Sora. I'm sorry for doing that."

"I cannot believe Gary would do this!" Professor Oak said in disbelief. "I don't appreciate you punching my grandson like that, but I do appreciate you being honest with me. But I will give Gary a good talking to for this."

"Thanks for understanding, professor," Riku said.

"Sora, why don't you take a break from training for a day or two. And you should take Kairi home," Professor Oak said.

"Sure. I should make sure that she gets home safely," Sora agreed picking her up in a bridal carry. Riku picked up Togepi and walked back to Sora and Kairi's houses. By that time, Gary came in the lab with a black eye. Sora didn't say anything to him and took off. Riku gave him a cold look.

"Really nice," Riku deadpanned.

"Eevee," Eevee chirped.

Gary walked in the lab and saw his grandfather giving him a very stern look.

"Gary. We need to talk," Professor Oak said in a stern tone.

"You got that right. That silver head-" Gary started.

"Punched you in the face for beating Sora up and pushing Kairi causing her to twist her ankle?" Professor Oak finished making Gary wince. "I know all about it." Professor Oak crossed his arms.

"Um..." Gary paused letting off cold sweat.

"I have to say that I am very disappointed in you. What in the world has gotten into you? I have expected better! I mean, do you delight in me scolding you?!" Professor Oak scolded Gary.

"Why are you mad at me and not at Riku! Look what he did!" Gary shouted pointing to his eye.

"I can clearly see that! But what I want to know is what made you just attack Sora like that? What possible motivation is responsible for such an action?" Professor Oak asked.

"He stole her from me," Gary bluntly answered. Professor Oak was slightly confused. "He took her from me, when she was supposed to be mine!"

"Are you saying Sora took Kairi from you?" Professor Oak asked. That was when he put two and two together. "So that's what was distracting you." Oak sighed. "I should have realized that sooner." He shook his head. "And is that why you assaulted him?"

"I just don't understand what she sees in him. What could he have what I don't have? There shouldn't be anything that I don't have that he does!" Gary said.

Professor Oak just sighed as he just shook his head.

Sora carried Kairi all the way back to his house and placed her on the couch. He took off her shoes being careful not to hurt her some more. And he wrapped a handkerchief around her ankle.

"You sure that you're okay, Kairi? Nothing too serious?" Sora asked.

"Just about the fiftieth time you've asked me that," Kairi deadpanned. "It's only a sprang."

"Fifty first on my count," Riku joked making Sora glare at him. Riku realized that it wasn't appropriate since Sora was mighty upset. "Sorry. I didn't mean to poke some fun at you."

"It's okay, Riku," Sora accepted his apology. "I just can't believe Gary would do something like that! I mean, I know he hates to lose, but come on! This is way over the line!"

"Does Gary really wanna win that badly?" Riku asked.

"More times than I can remember. Especially when it's against me," Sora said. He took out of pocket the bottom of an old Pokéball.

"What's that?" Kairi asked.

"I fished this out a whole year ago," Sora said. "And so did Gary."

"Maybe you should share it with us," Riku suggested.

"Well, alright. I was fishing down at the river and Gary was right there as well. He smugly told me that I wouldn't catch anything except a cold and I just told him to shut up and fish. So we ended up with an old Pokéball. We squabbled over it and it broke apart. And you can both see which part I ended up with," Sora explained.

"That ended in a tie. How did Gary take it?" Riku asked.

"Not too well. He just stated that he should never lose to me; he shouldn't even be tied with me. He felt that he should be number one at everything," Sora concluded.

Riku and Kairi understood why was that. Just then, Delia, Kairi's grandmother, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Lea, and Isa all came back and saw how beaten Sora looked.

"Geez Sora, what did you do to make Primeape go crazy on you?" Kiawe asked.

"It wasn't Primeape," Riku corrected his former classmate. "Gary did."

"What?" Ventus asked.

"What happened?" Delia asked concerned.

Sora explained to everyone that he was doing some training and Gary outed him on being Kairi's boyfriend and told him to back off and that was Gary started to beat up him and pushed Kairi when she tried to pull him off of him twisting her ankle. And then Riku came to his rescue.

"I seriously can't believe that guy!" Hapu exclaimed. "He has a lot of nerve doing that to him."

"I can only imagine how disappointed how his grandfather is," Delia said. "And then there's his mother. I doubt very much she will take this laying down."

Meanwhile at Gary's house, her mother being a woman with long brown hair going down her back and with olive green eyes recieved a phone call about what Gary did.

"I honestly don't know what to say. But I do appreciate you bringing this to my attention, Samuel," Gary's mother said.

"And try not to be hard on him," Professor Oak urged her.

"I will try my best," Gary's mother said as Gary tried to sneak in hoping to go unnoticed. "We'll talk again. Goodbye." She hung up. "Gary Oak!" Gary froze in place as he could tell by his mother's tone that he was in very big trouble. "Living room. Now."

"Yes mom," Gary simply said as he went into the living room and sat down on the couch. His mother walked in and crossed her arms giving her son a very angry look on her face.

"I am very, very, very disappointed in you, Gary," Gary's mother said. "Why would you do such a thing to Sora like that?!" Gary didn't answer and looked away. "Look at me when I am talking to you!" Gary looked at his mother. "I am going to ask you again! Why would you beat up Sora like that?! Tell me why!" Gary looked at his mom waiting for an answer.

"We were just talking and then he threw a punch in my eye," Gary lied hoping to get Sora in trouble.

"Who? Sora or that other boy? The one with the long silver hair?" Gary's mother asked him. Gary gave a loud gulp because he knew who she was talking about. "Your grandfather told me everything!" Gary an even louder gulp. "And about how hurt that girl when you pushed her!" Gary was starting to sweat because he knew he was in very deep shit. "Your behavior was absolutely unacceptable! Just imagine how disappointed your father must be if he heard about this!" Gary was about to say something and she cut him off. "I don't wanna hear any excuses because you are in enough trouble as it is! You are grounded for the next two weeks!"

Gary gasped, "Grounded?"

"That's right, young man! You will be doing your training at home! Also you will be going to bed without any dinner tonight!" Gary's mother stated.

"But mom!" Gary groaned.

"Sorry! That 'but mom' thing isn't going work on me! You are ten years old! Act your age! Now go to your room!" Gary's mom told her son.

"FINE!" Gary roared. He just marched upstairs into his room and slammed the door very hard. He laid down on his bed and gave a few punches on the pillow. "That damn Sora! He took her from me! She was supposed to be my girl! Not his! Sora isn't supposed to beat me at anything!"

Half-an-hour later, Gary's mother went over to the Ketchum house and apologized personality for what Gary did.

"Again, I am so very sorry about what happened, Delia," Gary's mother said.

"It's okay. No permanent damage was done," Delia reassuringly told her.

"Thank you for being so very understanding, Delia," Gary's mother said taking her leave.

When the girls got back into Kairi's house, Naminé was pretty surprised to hear what happened as Kairi had explained.

"At least you're okay, Kairi," Naminé said.

"Thanks, Naminé," Kairi said. "That means a lot."

"But just hearing about how Sora carried you in his arms must be very romantic," Lillie cooed.

"Yeah," Mina agreed.

"I can imagine something like that," Naminé began fantasizing about being in Riku's arms.

Kairi and the other girls all looked at her in fantasy mode. Naminé started to blush remembering the others are in the room with her.

After a couple of days, Kairi's ankle was fully healed and accompanied Sora to train for the Pokémon League. Riku, Naminé, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Lea, Isa, the Alolan nine went along with them just in case something else happens.

Luckily for Sora, Gary wasn't around to ridicule or attack him since he heard Gary got grounded for two weeks.

Meanwhile, in Celadon City, Jessie, James, and Meowth are seeing fleeing outside the city panting.

"Who would have imagined one of our own was an undercover cop?" James groaned.

"We better report this to the boss and let him know about this," Meowth said.

"I don't think he's going to like it very much," Jessie pointed out.

Jessie, James, and Meowth set up their computer and it shown a young woman with red hair and red eyes with golden triangle-shaped earings similar to Cassidy's.

"It's miss Ariana!" James gulped.

"What do you fools want?" Ariana coldly asked.

"We were making contact with the boss to make our report about our operation in Celadon City!" Jessie said.

"The boss is his private villa for some rest; so it's just us executives running the show," Ariana explained. "Now explain what has happened?"

"We got ourselves in a raiding situation involving the international police and several of our members got arrested," James said.

"And what of Attila and Hun?" Ariana asked.

"It is unknown. We only gotten to avoid capture," Jessie stated.

"And we can only presume that they had retrieved the Pokémon that we had taken from all over; and there's no doubt that they are being returned to their trainers," James added.

"And how did the international police force find out about our operations?!" Ariana asked.

"It was because one of our own wasn't one of our own, but an undercover cop," Meowth said.

"Well, this is very troubling. You have my thanks ffor bringing this to our attention," Ariana said. "Just don't let it go to your heads!" The transmission turns off.

Over to Team Rocket headquarters, Ariana is joined by Archer, a tall and thin young man with bright purple hair cut short at the sides with a large curl on top, a short purple beard, purple eyebrows and purple eyes. He wears a black jumpsuit with a yellow-gold lines and large R on the chest, elbow length silver-grey gloves and knee high silver-grey boots, all with a red stripe at the edge, and a silver belt around his waist. Another is a young man with blue hair and black eyes. He wears the Team Rocket uniform that consists of a shirt with the logo, white gloves, boots with red stripes, a white belt and the Team Rocket hat. Ariana wore a long trenchcoat that is colored white with black accents. She wears a black and white belt on her waist, and the Team Rocket logo is on the top part of the shirt, but in a smaller scale. Her nails are painted red and she wears knee-high white boots.

"What happened?" Archer asked.

"I had just recieved a transmission from those three bumblers, Jessie, James, and that talking Meowth," Ariana said.

"Oh, them," the man with the purple hair laughed. "What are they crying about now?"

"Well if you must know, Petrel, they're crying about a raid on Celadon City," Ariana said.

"No foolin?!" Petrel exclaimed. "Proton and I just heard from Cassidy and Butch about the same thing! The breeding center scam got blown out of the water and got arrested!"

"But what about Attila and Hun?!" Proton asked. "What happened to them?"

"It is not known. It could be possible that they had been apprehended as well," Ariana said. "They said also said our operation may have been blown by an undercover officer."

Before Archer could say anything else beeping is heard. Archer pressed a button on their boss's desk. The screen above them displays Attila and Hun.

"Attila and Hun reporting in," Hun greeted.

"Good to see you're still in one piece. We were beginning to fear fhe worst," Archer said.

"Those coppers can't lay a hand on us!" Attila stated.

"That's good to know. Return to HQ at once. We have much to discuss," Archer said.

"Sir!" Attila and Hun both said at once before ending the transmission.

"So what should we do about this? Our operations will be blown out of the water before we know what happens!" Petrel said.

"I agree with Petrel; especially with cops infiltrating our organization and blowing the whistle on our plans," Proton agreed.

"We can deal with it, but not now," Archer said calmly. "The international police wants us to panic. We carry on as planned."

"But I think we should let the boss know about this just to play it safe," Ariana suggested.

"Agreed. But I'll make contact with him myself," Archer said. "And we wait for his word." The other executives silently agreed to that plan. They didn't want their subordinates to panic in their ranks; as well as rumors and pointless accusations. "But for now we keep a lid on it. No one is to know except for the four of us and the boss."

"Right," the other executives agreed.

Back to to Jessie, James, and Meowth, they proceeded to their mission to capture Pikachu and bring it to Giovanni hoping for that promotion, but the only problem is they had no idea where they are.