Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Shell Shock ( Chapter 67 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 67: Shell Shock

Sora and his Pokémon went back to training for the big tournament. Sora and Mallow decided to have themselves a little sparring match. It was going to be his Poliwhirl against her Bellsprout.

"Okay Poliwhirl! Go!" Sora called out as Poliwhirl entered the battle.

"Poliwhirl!"

"Bellsprout, go!" Mallow called out.

"Bellsprout!"

"Poliwhirl! Bubble Beam!" Sora ordered as Poliwhirl fired Bubble Beam right at the flower Pokémon.

"Bellsprout! Razor Leaf!" Mallow ordered. Bellsprout fired Razor Leaf right towards Poliwhirl.

"Dodge!" Sora ordered making Poliwhirl jump making Bellsprout's Razor Leaf miss. "Now use Body Slam!" Poliwhirl dived down to the ground.

"Dodge it, Bellsprout!" Mallow called out. Bellsprout moved out of the way before Poliwhirl's attack could land. "Now use Seed Bomb!" Bellsprout fired a seed right towards Poliwhirl and explodes on contact. The tadpole Pokémon does a handstand flip with one hand and lands on his feet.

"Okay, Poliwhirl! Water Pulse!" Sora called out. Poliwhirl formed a big ball of water and hurls it towards Bellsprout. Before Bellsprout could dodge it, she got hit by Poliwhirl's Water Pulse landing a critical hit. Bellsprout was definitely down for the count. "Way to go, Poliwhirl!"

"Poliwhirl!" Poliwhirl beamed. Sora and Poliwhirl high-fives each other as Kairi comes and gives Sora a kiss on the lips for the win.

"For the winner," Kairi said.

Sora smiled as he chuckled, "You'd even give me one even when I lose, right?"

"Of course," Kairi said assuredly. She and Sora kissed for a few times. That made Mallow smile watching those two.

"It must be so nice to have a loving relationship," Mallow said. "I feel so jealous."

"Hey, knock it off, you two!" Lea chuckled. Hapu elbowed his side.

"Shut up! Don't ruin it," Hapu hissed.

"Okay, okay," Lea wheezed.

"Serves you right for opening your big mouth," Isa joked making most of the Alolan nine laugh.

"Anyway, that was a good battle, Sora," Mallow complemented.

"You too, Mallow," Sora complemented back. Bellsprout then started to evolve. Mallow was astounded as her Bellsprout was now a Weepinbell.

"Yay, Bellsprout! You're a Weepinbell now!" Mallow cheered.

"Weepinbell!"

"And when she becomes a Victreebel, just hope she won't chomp on your head like James's," Sora joked.

"Sora!" Kairi chuckled elbowing his side but not as hard as Hapu.

"Sorry," Sora apologized. "Anyway, congratulations, Mallow."

"Thanks Sora!" Mallow beamed. She gave her newly evolved Pokémon a hug.

Just a few more minutes later, Professor Oak approached Sora and his friends.

"Oh, Sora! I'm sorry to interrupt your training, but I have a huge favor to ask you!" Professor Oak stated.

"What is it, professor?" Sora asked.

"Well, I have just received word about exhibition on a beach not too far from here," Professor Oak said.

"What kind of exhibition is it?" Ventus asked.

"Just recently, Kabuto fossils have been discovered and they have asked for my assistance; but unfortunately I have been contacted by an old colleague and he have asked me for help for a class he is teaching and I cannot decide which I shall attend to," Professor Oak said. "I would have asked Gary to do it, but I cannot because he is grounded."

"We can look into the Kabuto fossils for you," Sora volunteered. "And we can fill you in on the details once we get back." Kairi, Riku, Naminé, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, and the Alolan nine all liked that idea.

"I knew I could rely on you, Sora," Professor Oak said.

"Also, Isa and I can keep an eye on things until you get back. Someone should look after the fort," Lea suggested. Isa sighed as he knew his friend just volunteered him before he could say anything.

"A very good idea, Lea!" Professor Oak said. "I trust you can have a handle of things while I'm gone."

"Everything will be in tip-top shape like you never left," Lea said.

Everyone went off to their errands and made it to the beach and spotted Nurse Joy in an explorer's outfit. She turned to see the group.

"Are you in charge of this exhibition, Nurse Joy?" Sora asked.

"I am. But do you know when Professor Oak is going to show up?" Nurse Joy asked. "He should be here by now."

"That's just the thing," Sora started. "He had some other business to attend to and he couldn't come."

"So he sent all of us in his place," Riku added.

"You mean Professor Oak isn't coming at all?" Nurse Joy asked making everyone shake their heads.

"Sorry," Ventus simply said.

"Oh dear. There were some people here who were looking forward in meeting him too," Nurse Joy sighed. "But there are some things that cancan't be avoided."

Just when the group were talking Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, Mime Jr., and Munchlax all spot them.

"Guys! Look!" Tommy shouted out.

"I see them, Tommy!" Takuya said.

"We all do," JP added.

They went up to the group with happy smiles on their faces. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, the Alolan nine, Riku, Naminé, and Eevee definitely recognized them.

"Takuya!" Sora said. "Longtime no see!"

"Back at you, Sora!" Takuya said. "You won all eight badges yet?"

"You know it!" Sora said giving him a high-five.

"It's so good to see you guys again!" Lana said.

"Same to you," Zoe said.

They noticed the three extras with them.

"So, who are they?" Kouichi asked.

"Right. Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP! Meet Terra, Aqua, and this kid here is my cousin Ventus!" Sora introduced them.

"But call me Ven!" Ventus said.

"Terra, Ven, Aqua! Meet Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, and JP!" Sora introduced them.

"Mime! Mime, Mime, Mime!"

"Munchlax!"

Ventus's eyes darted to the Pokémon with the other group.

"Hey cool! A Mime Jr. and a Munchlax!" Ventus said. He poked Munchlax on the belly making the Normal Type Pokémon chuckle.

"Ven!" Aqua was about to pull the younger boy back only for Terra to put his hand on her shoulder.

"Let him have fun, Aqua. He's not hurting anyone by doing that," Terra said.

"I guess not," Aqua said. "But still, he should behave himself."

With the introductions out of the way, the assisted with the exhibition. There a lot of disappointed looks on many of the people's faces because they hoped to meet Professor Oak.

A TV crews shows up. The reporter is a woman with blue hair amd violet eyes worewore a pink shirt has orange pearl earrings, wear and white pants looking around.

"So where's Professor Oak? I've got word that Professor Oak is gonna show up for fhis exhibition!" The reporter called out looking around.

"He's not here," Sora simply said.

"What do you mean he's not here? He has to be here!" The reporter said.

"He had some other business to attend to so he couldn't make it," Riku told the woman. "So he sent us in his place."

"Damn! I got my nails done for nothing!" She looks at her fingernails sparkling. She sighs. "We're gonna have to make due with what we've got, I guess." She looks towards the group. "Don't expect me to give you any interviews on this documentary!"

"We didn't know there were going to any interviews," Sora said bluntly.

Sora, Kairi, the Alolan nine, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, Mime Jr., and Munchlax all join in with the exhibition crew, and saw their Pokémon consisted of Machoke for the heavy lifting, Growlithe for sniffing and Rhydon for drilling.

"You sure we can make this work even without Professor Oak?" The cameraman asked.

"We're gonna have to," the reporter said. "It won't be a total loss. Now let's go!" She instructed the cameraman. He activates the camera.

"Okay rolling!" The cameraman announced.

The reporter starts, "Our exclusive report continues. I've just arrived on the bea h that's been recently become the object of so much speculation. Does this lush location, uninhabited by humans hold the key that will unlock the secret of the extinct Pokémon? An archeological teamis about to begin their historic explorations and we'll be be there with them if and when they solve the Kabuto mystery. And cut!"

"Nice job," The cameraman said.

Sora and his friends were helping out with the crew as best as they can. Sora called out Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise while Kiawe called out Turtonator and Marowak, Hapu had called out Mudsdale, Illima had called out Bewear.

Takuya looked at all three of his starter Pokémon all evolved impressed.

"They evolved. Tai did say your Charmeleon evolved just in time when you caught that Aerodactyl," Takuya said.

"How is Tai doing anyway?" Sora asked.

"He's doing alright. The same for his sister and the rest," Takuya said. "They told me to tell you that they said hello." Sora smiled at that. The TV crew comes to the tent Nurse Joy is occupying for an interview.

The reporter said, "I'm here at the team's base of operations for this fossil hunt and for a world television exclusive a first look at the object that's triggered their investigations." She looks at the fossilized remains of a Kabuto. "Beneath the layers of silt and soil lie the fossilized rremains ofof the long-extinct Pokémon Kabuto. Caught in a fisherman's net a week ago experts working round the clock have determined that it was somehow dislodged from its ancient resting place somewhere in this area and drifted into the international spotlight. Now let's get an up-close and personal perspective on this investigation from the director of the archeological team. Can we speak to you?" Nurse Joy steps out of her tent.

"Sure," Nurse Joy answered. She steps out of her tent. "One of the main reasons we've come here is to learn everything we can about the ha itat of the extinct Pokémon Kabuto. We'd also like to find out if there's any truth to the claims about Kabuto oil."

"Please, tell us just what these startling claims are," the reporter urged.

"Well, legend has it that the oil from the Kabuto shells not only brings good health, but it can make people immortal," Nurse Joy statstated.

"Immortal, you say?" The reporter asked.

"Yes," Nurse Joy nodded. "But, of course we know that's impossible, but there could be some basis to the legend and Kabuto oil may prove to be of great historic importance to medical science."

"Fascinating," the reporter said.

The interview continued on unknown to the rest, it was Mad Ivan spying on them through a submarine shaped like a marine Pokémon with ovoid, black body. Its face has two beady, pink eyes and a white mouth shaped roughly like a star and a fluffy tail at the end (Pyukumuku).

"So it's an exhibition, is it?" Mad Ivan asked intrigued. "The rumors of a Kabuto fossil coming to light are true after all." Mad Ivan took out a Pokéball with a grin. "My brand new Pokémon will help out with my ambitions." He threw the Pokéball and lets out a Pokémon greatly resembling an anchor covered in green algae and has a ship steering wheel with one eye on the side. "Are you ready for some fun, Dhelmise?" Mad Ivan's Pokémon nodded. "Excellent!" Mad Ivan clapped his hands excitedly.

"Okay, is everybody ready?" Nurse Joy called out to everyone.

"Hey!" Sora, Kairi, Riku, Naminé, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, the Alolan nine, Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, and the rest of the exhibition crew called back.

"This dedicated band of explorers is beginning a torturous trek to find where the mysterious Kabuto fossil could have come from, and we'll be here to record every dramatic moment of their adventure," the reporter announced.

Everyone started off with their exhibition to learn of the Kabuto fossil's origin and the mystery of Kabuto.

"Just watch out, Kabuto fossils! Here we come!" Ventus said.

"Don't get too carried away, Ven," Sora told his younger cousin. "We don't really know if there are any others around here."

"Sora's right, Ventus. Don't get disappointed if we don't find anything," Illima said.

Unknown to the group, an old man with thick gray eyebrows and messy gray hair is watching them through the forest. What seems to be over an hour later, the exhibition team continues on.

"We're about to begin our climb along a treacherous mountain path, but these brave explorers are incapable of fear," the reporter said.

The exhibition team made it to a small cliff path.

"Okay. whatever you do, don't look down," Sora told everyone.

"Easy for you to say," Kiawe sarcastically said.

"Right. Don't look down," Tommy repeated to himself. He repeated to himself again and again until he took one misstep and looked down. "Guys! I'm looking down!" Tommy cried.

"Tommy! Grab my hand!" Takuya said holding out his hand. The younger boy grabs his hand. Mime Jr. and Munchlax shook as they skidded along the path. Mad Ivan along with his ghost Pokémon, and two being close to resembling sand castles are below the same mountain path. Those Pokémon are Sandygast and Palosand.

"Just a little further my precious babies," Mad Ivan said. "We will have all those Kabuto fossils.

Back to the exhibition team, the Growlithe stops and starts growling.

"What are we stopping for?" Nurse Joy asked.

"I think they hear something up ahead," One of the team members answered.

They all saw a huge boulder blocking the path.

"Up ahead? It's just a big boulder, Growlithe?" Nurse Joy said.

The same person from before pushes the boulder towards the exhibition team and it rolls towards them. Everyone starts running for their lives.

"Run for it!" Lana called out.

"Watch out!" Zoe also called out.

"Run for your lives!" JP added.

"We'll be okay, Togepi! Get inside!" Kairi said putting Togepi inside her backpack.

"And a giant boulder is bearing down on us as this group scrambles for survival," the reporter announced.

"We're going to be pancakes unless we do something!" Sophocles yelled.

"Nurse Joy, try using the Machoke!" Riku suggested.

"That's a great idea, Riku," Nurse Joy said. "Machoke, get in there and block that rock!"

The two Machoke rushed towards the rolling boulder and stopped it from rolling even further.

"Yes! A superpower-pair of Machoke have saved the day!" The reporter cheered. They lifted the boulder and hurls down below where it won't do anymore damage.

"Good thinking, Riku," Sora said panting.

"Thought we were goners," Mallow also panted.

"With the stone safely aside, the team's rejoicing over the last-minute miracle," the reporter announced.

"And it's a miracle nobody was hurt," Koji said.

But he spoke too soon when Mad Ivan looked up and saw the rock coming down and catches him in the fall.

"THIS IS GONNA HURT!" Mad Ivan exclaimed

Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar went down to get him as Dhelmise, Sandygast, and Palosand watched them go down.

The man watched the exhibition team carry on with their mission, Pikachu's ears perked up.

"Pi."

"What's wrong, Pikachu?" Sora asked. They both turned and saw nothing there. "You must have been hearing things, Pikachu."

"Pika."

It turns out that the man was hiding behind a boulder not wanting anyone to spot him. The exhibition team made it towards their destination. It was a bay on the other side.

"We have finally reached our destination, a hidden bay desolate in the beach's desolate nothern shore where experts believe the recently discovered Kabuto fossil may have come from," the reporter announced. "As you can see behind me, this team of explorers has already begun their painstaking work." With that said, the team started their digging. "Rhydon and Machoke are assisting in the operation as well as a Venusaur, a Charizard, a Blastoise, a Turtonator, a Marowak, a Mudsdale, and a Bewear; but will any new Kabuto fossils be discovered here? All these dedicated scientists can do is work, watch, wait, and see."

Sora, Riku, Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, JP, Terra, and Ventus were digging in one spot while Aqua, Naminé, Zoe, and the Alolan nine were digging in another spot for Kabuto fossils.

"I never knew digging for fossils was such hard work," Lillie said wiping away some sweat.

"You have to make sure you examine everything carefully, too," Illima said.

"Yeah, but it's all worth it," Ventus said.

"I'll bet Professor Kukui will be so surprised when he sees what fossils we dig up if he were here with us!" Acerola said.

"Yeah," Mina agreed.

"Professor Burnet and Lusamine will be just as surprised," Mallow added.

"Well, let's keep at it," Riku said. "They're not just going to show up just by talking about it."

"Riku's right," Koji agreed.

"Just think, we might find something any second," Ventus said.

Just as they were digging, a boulder is pushed towards them and they all run for it.

"Crap! Not again!" Hapu exclaimed.

"Run!" Kouichi shouted.

Thus caught the attention of the rest of the exhibition team as more boulders are rolled towards them.

"Hurry, run for it!" Nurse Joy called out as everyone started to run for their lives.

The reporter announced, "This excavation is off to a rocky startas a dozen or more giant boulders are raining down on this intrepid, but terrified group." One boulder heads for the TV crew.

"Rhydon! Drill Run on that rock now!" Nurse Joy ordered as Rhydon rushed towards the boulder splitting it into two.

"Amazing! For the second time today, a Pokémon saves the group from almost certain disaster," the reporter announced. Rhydon roars in triumph. "Nice work, Rhydon!"

A little while later, the group gathered around to discuss the boulder incidents.

"I'm starting to think that these weren't accidents," Sora said.

"Sora's right," Riku agreed. "Someone dosen't want us here."

"So whoever is behind it is trying to get rid of us?" Takuya asked.

"Exactly," Riku answered with a nod.

Pikachu and Eevee spotted someone fleeing the scene and they started to pursue him.

"Pika!"

"Eevee!"

"Pikachu?" Sora asked.

"Eevee?" Riku also asked.

They both got up and followed their Pokémon. Kairi, Naminé, and Takuya follwed them. Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Naminé, the Alolan nine, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, Nurse Joy and the reporter joined in the pursuit. Sora and Riku followed their partners and got a good look at the man.

"You think he might be responsible for this?" Sora asked.

"Very likely!" Riku answered. "Come on, I've got an idea!" Sora followed Riku through the trees as Pikachu and Eevee continued the chase. The two boys tackled the man to the ground. "Gotcha!"

"You're not going anywhere!" Sora said. The man pushed the both of them off. "Hey! What's the big deal?!"

"Leave this place before it's too late," the man warned.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Sora asked.

"Sora!" Kairi called out.

"Riku!" Naminé also called out.

"You guys okay?" Takuya asked.

"Yeah. And this guy was behind the so-called accidents," Sora said pointing to him.

"I'll tell you the same thing I told them. Leave this place," he told them.

"Are you the one who's responsible for all the accidents with those boulders?" Nurse Joy asked.

"You bet I am," he admitted.

The reporter gestures the cameraman to turn on the camera and start shooting. He obliges her and starts rolling, "Okay, go!"

The reporter starts, "Now a shocking revelation as this deranged old man claims responsibility for these brutal attacks."

"I'm not that old, and I'm definitely not deranged! And the name's Umberto!" The man proclaimed in defense. "I'm trying to do you people a big favor!"

"You mean by causing all kinds of accidents on us?" Sora asked.

"You could have gotten some of us killed and you call those favors?!" Takuya exclaimed.

"I'm not trying to kill anyone! I was trying to scare you off to protect you from danger," Umberto said.

"To protect us?" Mallow asked.

"From what kind of danger?" Koji asked.

"Tell us what you're talking about," Nurse Joy said.

"And maybe we won't turn you over to Officer Jenny for this," Hapu said.

"I'll tell everybody," Umberto said as he took the microphone from the reporter.

"Hey! That's my job!" The reporter exclaimed.

"Hear and heed the ancient prophecy!" Umberto announced as imaginary thunder crashes "When the scavengers arrive to this land, the moon will glow an angry red. This land itself will vanish and be swallowed by the sea!"

"Swallowed by the sea?" Tommy whispered to Mina who just shrugged.

"Anyone knows what he's going on about?" JP asked.

"You're asking me?" Terra asked back.

"If you disturb this land, you will bring about great harm!" Umberto warned.

"But we didn't come here because to do any harm to this place, we came here to study Kabuto fossils and that's all," Nurse Joy reasoned.

"Nurse Joy is right, sir. We don't want to harm anything," Aqua said.

"You cannot disturb what lies here. Now go!" He told the group.

"And that justifies the attacks on us?" Aqua asked.

"You're disturbing this place by rolling those boulders at us," Ventus added.

"And you caused those rock slides too," Kiawe said.

"So technically, you're contributing to the disturbances yourself," Sora said.

"Pikachu," Pikachu agreed.

"Quiet! Just stop arguing and get out of here!" Umberto yelled.

"We found one! We found one!" One of the explorers came running. "We've just found another Kabuto fossil!"

Umberto groans in frustration as the people had refused to listen to his warning. He led them into a cave and saw a pillar with Kabuto shells all over.

"That's an amazing sight," Illima said.

"There's no doubt about it. This is genuine Kabuto," Nurse Joy said.

Everyone cheered to an amazing discovery as the TV crew stepped in.

The reporter announced, "As you've just seen, the team has discovered an actual Kabuto fossil, exclusively on PXTV!"

"Hey guys," Naminé called out to everyone. "Don't all these look like Kabuto fossils to anyone?"

Everyone looked around and saw what she meant.

"Naminé's right," Lana said. "They're everywhere."

"The whole cave is made of Kabuto fossils," Kairi said.

"Togepi."

"They do look like rocks, but they're actually Kabuto shells," Lillie said holding one up.

"That's right, Lillie," Nurse Joy said.

"Wow, this is amazing," Ventus said.

"You've said it, cuz," Sora agreed.

"Pika, Pika!"

The reporter announced, "This underground graveyard grotto is actually a mammoth mausoleum a monumonument constructed by these incredible calcified Kabuto carcasses."

"Better go get Rhydon in here so we can start collecting!" An archeologist suggested as Umberto steps in.

"Stop! Disturbing this beach will bring disaster!" Umberto warned.

"We're not disturbing, we're collecting," the archeologist said as the cave began shaking. "The cave's caving in!"

"Everybody out!" Nurse Joy said. "Not needing to be told twice, the group runs out the cave.

"Our exclusive report is taking yet another dramatic twist! What could it be this time?" The reporter announced.

"That would be I, my dear," a familiar voice called out to them.

"Mad Ivan!" Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine recognized.

"Pikachu," Pikachu growled.

"You know this joker?" Riku asked.

"Sure do," Sora answered.

"He's that scientist guy who tried to steal Lapras a while back," Ventus remembered.

"We meet again, you little sea urchins," Mad Ivan said. "I should just sweep you away like dust bunnies, but instead I should thank you for leading me to these fossilized treasures." Sora took a look at the three Pokémon with Mad Ivan and took out his Pokédex and scanned them.

Dhelmise, the Sea Creeper Pokémon

Type: Ghost/Grass

The soul of seaweed adrift in the waves became reborn as this Pokémon. It maintains itself with new infusions of seabed detritus and seaweed.

Sandygast, the Sand Heap Pokémon

Type: Ghost/Ground

Born from a sand mound playfully built by a child, this Pokémon embodies the grudges of the departed.

Palosand, the Sand Castle Pokémon

The evolved form of Sandygast

Type: Ghost/Ground

Once it has whipped up a sandstorm to halt its opponents in their tracks, this terrifying Pokémon snatches away their vitality.

"So he's got himself new Ghost Type Pokémon," Sora said.

"Now if you do not mind, I will be helping myself to these Kabuto fossils," Mad Ivan said picking one up.

"You fool! If you disturb the Kabuto, a great disaster will befall us all!" Umberto exclaimed.

"Great disaster? How absurdly ridiculous!" Mad Ivan laughed. "But here's a disaster that will befall you now. Sandygast and Palosand! Earth Power in this cave!" Sandygast and Palosand obeyed as they shook the cave making the Kabuto shells fall as a net pulls them into his Pyukumuku submarine.

The reporter announced, "A mad scientist has just escaped with a cache of Kabuto fossils through the roof! And that's when my numbers are gonna go when these reports start airing."

"Are TV ratings all you care about?!" Sora exclaimed. "I mean seriously!"

Mad Ivan starts laughing at his success.

"Things are finally coming my way! Nothing is going to stop me now!" Mad Ivan chuckled as he glanced over to the moon turning red. "The moon is unusually red for some reason." Mad Ivan shook it off. "Bah! No matter! They're mine now!" The red moonlight shines on the fossilized Kabuto as they came to life.

"We've got to get those fossils back," Sora said.

"Yeah. He can't do that and get away with it!" Takuya agreed.

"Pika!" Pikachu agreed. Before everyone went after them Pikachu froze in place. "Pika?"

"Eev?"

"What's up, Eevee?" Riku asked.

"Eevee!" Eevee pointed to the fossils as they all started to come to life.

"What the?!" Hapu exclaimed.

"Do fossils do that?" Ventus asked nervously.

"No they don't," Aqua said.

"What's going on?!" Sophocles asked.

"The Kabuto fossils are coming to life," Riku pointed out.

"That's impossible!" Nurse Joy said.

The reporter stepped in, "As incredible as it may seem, the ancient Kabuto fossils now appear to be alive." One Kabuto lands on the camera freaking out the cameraman. He accidentally dropped the camera destroying it "Shit! Everything we've shot is in there!"

The Kabuto then started to storm the cave faster and faster.

"Run for it!" Umberto shouted as everyone ran out the cave as the Kabuto were giving chase.

"I'd rather face the Shadow Empire again than having to deal with this!" Kiawe said.

"Me too!" Ventus agreed.

Over to Mad Ivan's submarine, the Kabuto broke out of the net and attacked the scientist and his Pokémon.

"Get off of me you little buggers!" Mad Ivan exclaimed. One of the Kabuto pokes a hole on the window of the submarine creating a flood. Mad Ivan quickly called his Pokémon back in their Pokéballs before he got washed out to sea. He swam up to the surface. "Once again, destiny laughs in my face. But I shall have the last laugh next time! The world has not seen the last of Mad Ivan! Scientist extraordi..." Mad Ivan sinks in the water and came back up in a few seconds later, "naire!" He finished after he spat some sea water from his mouth.

"Come on, we're leaving!" Nurse Joy announced as everyone ran out the cave.

"What do you mean we're leaving?" One archeologist asked.

"We have to get everyone out of this cost now!" Nurse Joy said.

"Why? What's the matter?" The same archeologist asked.

Not needing to be giving a second opinion, they all ran into the forest and ran as fast as their feet could carry them. Behind them, the land began to sink into the sea. The sea water was quuckly gaining on them until they reached outside the area panting for air.

"That was way too close for comfort," Sora wheezed.

"You've said a mouthful," Riku agreed gasping for air.

"But what about all those Kabuto?" Ventus asked. "What are they gonna do now?"

"They might just find a new home to call their own," Nurse Joy said.

"It was just as the prophecy foretold," Takuya said.

"The moon did glow an angry red," Tommy remembered.

"And the beach itself was swallowed by the sea," JP also remembered.

"Munchlax."

"Mime, Mime Jr."

"Pikachu."

"Eevee."

"Togepi."

Nurse Joy walks up to Umberto and he looks up to her.

"All I can say is I'm so very sorry I didn't believe the prophecy and the warnings you gave us," Nurse Joy apologized.

"I supposed it is for the best that the world never learns of the Kabuto secrets," Illima said.

"Yeah, that's right," the reporter agreed.

"I also agree. Thank you," Umberto nodded.

It was pretty late at night as they all decided to rest up for the night and head back home in the morning. On the next morning when the group got back to the lab, Professor Oak wanted to hear about the Kabuto mystery, but Sora just told them that they didn't find anything and left it at that.

Sora took another day off from his training for the Pokémon League to rest up from that experience he and his friends had.