Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Porygon So Far ( Chapter 71 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 71: Porygon So Far

Another week has passed and the Pokémon League tournament was fastly approaching, and Sora continued on with his training. Sora had practice battles with Riku, Lea, Isa, and the Alolan nine in the passing days. And today was no exception, Sora was having one with Lillie. Lillie had chosen her Ponyta for this battle while Sora was going with his Pidgeotto.

"Pidgeotto! Wing Attack!" Sora ordered. Pidgeotto flew towards Ponyta.

"Ponyta! Dodge!" Lillie called out. Ponyta moved out of the way before the attack could hit. "Now use Fire Spin!" Ponyta fired a spiraling flame towards Pidgeotto. The attack made its hit and Sora knew he couldn't call Pidgeotto back as long it was in effect.

"Pidgeotto! Aerial Ace!" Sora called out as Pidgeotto flipped backwards and flew straight into Ponyta. "Now use Steel Wing!" Pidgeotto's wings metalized and landed a hit on Ponyta. "Not bad, Lillie. Your Ponyta has gotten stronger from the day you two met."

"Thanks, Sora!" Lillie said. "Don't pull any punches with me. Ponyta! Flame Charge!" Ponyta stomped her hooves to the ground charged towards the bird Pokémon.

"Pidgeotto! Aerial Ace!" Sora called out. Pidgeotto performed his Aerial Ace attack heading towards the fire horse Pokémon. Both attacks clollides and then sends each other back. Kairi, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua watched on while Illima, Kiawe, and Sophocles were assisting Professor Oak in the lab along with Lea and Isa; the rest of the girls weren't grocery shopping with Delia and Kairi's grandmother. Riku and Naminé were out on a stroll in the woods along with Eevee.

"Ponyta! Fire Spin!" Lillie ordered. Ponyta opened her mouth to fire the attack.

"Pidgeotto! Gust!" Sora ordered. Pidgeotto flapped his wings to block Fire Spin. Jigglypuff jumped in the middle of the battle. "Jigglypuff, get out of there!"

"Ponyta! Cease fire!" Lillie called out as Ponyta stopped the the attack before it could be launched, but Pidgeotto kept flapping and accidentally blew Jigglypuff into the air.

"JIGGLYPUFF!" Jigglypuff goes flying into the air and a star twinkles in the distance.

"Sorry, Jigglypuff!" Sora called out.

Kairi, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua went up to Sora and Lillie.

"I know you didn't mean it, Sora," Kairi said.

"Togepi," Togepi chirped.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said.

"Yeah. Maybe we may have made Jigglypuff's singing ego a tad too big," Sora said.

Kairi and Lillie looked at each other and nodded in agreement. They were about to head back when a teenage boy with coke bottle glasses came to the scene.

"You! At last I have found you! I have searched all over the Kanto region for this opportunity to meet you at last!" The teenage boy exclaimed. "I have found at last, Sora Ketchum!"

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, Lillie, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua all looked at the teenage boy very confused.

"Uh, how do you know my name?" Sora asked feeling creeped out by this potential stalker.

"I saw you on the P-1 Grand Prix months ago and your battling skills have impressed me and your victory has most certainly grabbed my attention," the teenage boy said. "So I made it my mission to seek you out and challenge you into a battle!"

"You mean you've been going around the Kanto region just to battle Sora?" Aqua asked.

"Precisely, my blue-headed friend," he said.

"But who are you?" Lillie asked.

"I shall introduce myself," he stated. "My name is Edgar! Edgar the Pokémon Collector! I collect Pokémon by their evolutions! Not only that, I seek out worthy foes to battle! And you have hit my radar!"

Kairi asked, "Where did you start looking?"

"That's really simple, missy," Edgar stated. "I began my search for Sora in Saffron City, but it turns out I have missed him just by three days. I then ventured into Matcha City and I missed you just by another three days! So, I made headed over to Porta Vista and asked around and one individual stated that you are the nephew of the owner of the Bay of Burgers restaurant and made my way there. When I asked your uncle about your whereabouts, he answered that he has headed towards Cinnabar Island. Knowing that you would have won a Gym Badge against the Gym Leader there, I made my way towards Cerulean City to catch you, but you were nowhere to be found so I continued on with my search. And then I heard whispers that you would be training for the upcoming Pokémon League competition, I made my way here; and at last, I have found you!"

Sora, Kairi, and Lillie all figured it had to be since when they headed down for Saffron City for Sora to win the Marsh Badge and pretty much since when they took part of that one play and right up to when Sora won the Volcano Badge and when they defeated the Shadow Empire and when Sora won the Earth Badge when Sora battled Hayner. Terra, Ventus, and Aqua pretty much had the same idea.

"Pika?" Pikachu asked.

"Toge," Togepi chirped.

"Edgar, isn't it?" Sora asked as Edgar nodded. "You said you went through all this trouble just to battle against me?"

"Indeed!" Edgar admitted. He took out three Pokéballs and threw them in the air. "Porygon! Porygon2! Porygon-Z! Come on out!" The three Pokéballs opens as they let out three Pokémon; one being a Porygon. Another being a Pokémon similar to a Porygon, but it appears to be a scientific red and blue Pokémon with a long Pokémon also has two round-shaped feet at the bottom of it. Its body is red and everything else appears to be blue. It's also smoother on the surface. The third Pokémon resembles Porygon and Porygon2 though darker in color when compared to both of them. It has a very smooth appearance much like Porygon2. It's head is not attached to its body and is now upside-down with a slight tilt. It has a blue beak, and yellow eyes with a bull's eye target pattern in them. Its legs now appear to be more wing like, while its tail points downward rather than up. The spot of blue that was located on its chest now goes across the chest, connecting the two wings.

"That's definitely a Porygon," Sora said taking out his Pokédex to get information on Porygon2 and Porygon-Z.

Porygon2, the Virtual Pokémon

The evolved form of Porygon

Type: Normal

Porygon2 was created by humans using the power of science. The man-made Pokémon has been endowed with artificial intelligence that enables it to learn new gestures and emotions on its own.

Porygon-Z, the Virtual Pokémon

The evolved form of Porygon2

Type: Normal

Its programming was modified to enable it to travel through alien dimensions. Seems there might have been an error. Additional software was installed to make it a better Pokémon. It began acting oddly, however.

"So two more artificial Pokémon," Sora said to himself putting his Pokédex away. Sora remembered coming across a Porygon before when he battled Lester. He also remembered Silvally and then Mewtwo.

"Those Pokémon look weird," Ventus said.

"I've never seen anything like those before," Aqua said.

"Look like computer data come to life," Terra said.

"Exactly what it is," Edgar said. "Porygon, Porygon2, and Porygon-Z are such amazing Pokémon to have." The three Pokémon levitated to his head level. "And these will be the Pokémon that I will be using for the battle."

"Fine with me," Sora said. "The first Pokémon I'll use is Pikachu!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu entered the battle.

"Well, my first Pokémon will be Porygon," Edgar stated.

"Porygon," Porygon said in a robotic voice.

Porygon levitated in front of Pikachu ready for the battle. Porygon's eyes glowed blue and static electricity sparkled but it was for Porygon for a reason.

"All three of the Porygon evolution line all share Trace," Edgar explained. "That means Static is now mine to use."

"Yeah. But you know Electric Type Pokémon can't be paralyzed," Sora said.

"True, my spiky-headed friend," Edgar said. "Now let's begin! You may have the pleasure of having the first turn."

"Thanks Edgar," Sora said. "Pikachu! Thunderbolt!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu fired Thunderbolt right at the virtual Pokémon.

"Porygon! Dodge!" Edgar ordered. Porygon floated in the air avoiding Pikachu's attack. "Fire Psybeam!" Porygon fired Psybeam towards Pikachu.

"Dodge it!" Sora called out. Pikachu ran to the sides. Porygon kept firing the Psybeam while Pikachu kept dodging. "Use Iron Tail!" Pikachu swung at Porygon hitting the virual Pokémon on the side.

"Porygon! Sharpen!" Edgar ordered as Porygon made each of its parts even more jagged. "Now use Charge Beam!" Porygon fired a yellow beam of electricity towards Pikachu.

"Pikachu! Block it Thunderbolt!" Sora called out as Pikachu fired Thunderbolt blocking Porygon's Charge Beam. It resulted in an explosion as Kairi was holding Togepi, not wanting the little Pokémon to breath in the smoke while Lillie, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua braced themselves. "Quick Attack!"

"Pika!" Pikachu charged into Porygon with a series of hits.

"Fire your Psybeam!" Edgar ordered as Porygon kept firing the attacks at Pikachu.

"Electro Ball! Wait for the right moment to fire it!" Sora called out as Pikachu formed a ball of electricity. Pikachu holds its waiting for the possible moment to use it. Pikachu waiting for the right possible moment and fired Electro Ball, hitting Porygon hard. Porygon falls to the ground exhausted.

"Way to go, Pikachu!" Ventus cheered.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu shouted as he won against Porygon.

Edgar calls Porygon back inside its Pokéball.

"Not bad, not bad," Edgar said. "You did an amazing job with your Pikachu. You're even better than I remember. But it's not over yet!" He looks over to Porygon2. "It's your turn now, Porygon2!" Porygon2 gets into position for the battle.

"Pikachu, return!" Sora called back as Pikachu runs back to Sora's side. He pulls out a Pokéball. "Your turn, Muk!" Sora throws the Pokéball letting out his Muk.

"Muk, Muk," Muk said.

Porygon2's Trace ability kicks in once again and emits a horrifying smell. Edgar knew first hand it was Muk's Stench ability that kicked in.

"So, it's a Muk is it? Fine with me," Edgar said. "Porygon2! Use Ice Beam!" Porygon2 fired Ice Beam towards the sludgy Pokémon.

"Muk! Fire Sludge Bomb!" Sora ordered as Muk fired a huge ball of sludge towards Porygon2.

"Dodge and use Zen Headbutt!" Edgar ordered as Porygon2 charged towards Muk with blue energy surrounding its body. Porygon2 gave Muk a good hit with a strong headbutt.

"That was a super-effective hit," Lillie said.

"How's that?" Ventus asked.

"Zen Headbutt is a Psychic Type move; and since Muk is weak against Psychic Type attacks, that puts Sora at a disadvantage," Lillie explained.

"Sora was put in tight spots before. And this one isn't going to be any different," Terra said.

"Toge, Togepi," Togepi chirped.

"Porygon2! Lock-on!" Edgar ordered. Porygon2's eyes glows red and releases a red ring at Muk from its body. The red ring shoots at the opponent and grows smaller when it hits it, turning into a red target that sticks to Muk. "Now fire Zap Cannon!" Porygon2 fires Zap Cannon towards Muk landing a strong hit. Muk's body lets out static electricity and becomes sluggish in his movements.

"Muk is paralyzed," Aqua said.

"Edgar must have been planning that," Kairi said.

Lillie, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua all looked at her.

"He planned it?" Terra asked.

"Zap Cannon must be part of his strategy to make Muk paralyzed. And it won't surprise me if he taught them non-damaging attacks with status effects," Kairi said.

Lillie, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua all agreed with that statement.

"Muk! Use Body Slam!" Sora called out to Muk. Muk struggles to move so that he would deliver his attack. Muk manages to move and slam into Porygon2.

"Ice Beam!" Edgar called out. Porygon2 fired Ice Beam. The attack hits Porygon2. The virtual Pokémon fell to the ground beaten. Edgar calls Porygon2 back inside. "Very impressive, Sora. You are a force to be reckoned with. Now it's time for the final round! Porygon-Z!" Porygon-Z floats into battle ready. Sora calls back Muk.

"You did great, Muk. You should rest up for a while," Sora said taking out another Pokéball. "Pidgeotto! Go!" Sora threw his Pokéball letting out his Pidgeotto. "Pidgeotto! Use Wing Attack!" Pidgeotto doved down to deal damage to Porygon-Z.

"No you don't! Porygon-Z! Protect!" Edgar ordered. Porygon-Z forms a protective barrier around itself. "Charge Beam!" Porygon-Z fired Charge Beam towards Pidgeotto.

"Pidgeotto! Dodge with Aerial Ace!" Sora called out. Pidgeotto managed to dodge the beam and flew straight into Porygon-Z. "Now use Gust!" Pidgeotto flapped his wings and was blown towards the ground. Porygon-Z floats back up.

Edgar chuckles, "Using a speed based move to dodge. Not bad, Sora. Not bad at all." Edgar chuckles again. "It'll be over soon enough. Porygon-Z! Charge Beam! Full power!" Porygon-Z fired an even more Charge Beam towards Pidgeotto and the bird Pokémon takes heavy damage.

"Pidgeotto!" Kairi gasped.

"Toge," Togepi also gasped.

Pidgeotto struggled to get back up.

"Pidgeotto! You okay?" Sora asked concerned. Pidgeotto gave a loud squawk. "Pidgeotto?" Pidgeotto gave off a loud yell as he began to evolve.

"Pidgeotto is evolving!" Terra exclaimed.

Pidgeotto was now a Pidgeot. Pidgeot spread his wings as he gave a loud cry. Sora's newly evolved Pidgeot reminded him of Red's Pidgeot.

Sora smiled, "You evolved just when you were on the ropes!" Sora said. Pidgeot nodded. "Now let's see how well you do after evolving! Gust!"

Pidgeot flapped his wings and everyone was in awe as they saw how much stronger Gust has become since after evolving. It created a strong tornado catching Porygon-Z in the twister.

"Porygon-Z!" Edgar gasped. "Try to to get out of there!" Porygon-Z tried to get out, but the tornado was way to powerful to evade. Once it had subsided, Porygon-Z became extremely dizzy. "Tri-Attack!" Porygon-Z regained its senses and formed a triangle and fired a beam of red, blue, and yellow cascading together and made its way to Pidgeot.

"Dodge and use Aerial Ace!" Sora call out as Pidgeot flipped and performed Aerial Ace and landed a pretty good hit. "Now finish it with Steel Wing!" Pidgeot's wings metalized and they landed a strong blow onto Porygon-Z's side, knocking it out.

"Yes! Sora won!" Ventus cheered as he ran to his cousin.

"That was amazing," Aqua said.

"You're getting better with each battle," Terra said.

"You really came a long way since we met, Sora," Lillie said.

"Thanks guys," Sora said.

"Pikachu," Pikachu added.

"And you too, Pikachu," Sora said patting his partner on the head. Kairi smiled as she walked up to her boyfriend. Sora placed his arm around her. "Come here, you!"

Kairi giggled, "You should be proud." Kairi gave Sora a peck on the cheek. Edgar walked up to Sora after calling back his Porygon-Z.

"She is right, Sora," Edgar said. "I know I have said it before, but you're better than I remember."

Sora smiled and shook Edgar's hand.

"You're nothing to sneeze at either," Sora said. "You really gave me a real run for my money."

"Well, I'm glad that I gave you something you couldn't see coming; and I'm going to give you something to look forward to. I'll be competing in the Pokémon League as well," Edgar admitted catching Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, Lillie, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua off guard. "And I hope to battle you when we're there. So give me a real show like you did on the next time."

With that said, Edgar took his leave. Sora knew he had just gained himself a new rival and he also knew Edgar was right about him looking forward to their next battle.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, Lillie, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua all returned home and saw Riku, Naminé, Eevee Lea, Isa, and the rest of the Alolan nine were all waiting for them.

"So how did your training go?" Riku asked.

"It went okay," Sora said.

"We met a Pokémon trainer when they were done practicing," Ventus said.

"Really?" Naminé asked.

"He said his name is Edgar and he three Pokémon that were in an evolution line," Terra said. "Pokémon I have never seen before."

"And more," Sora said taking out a Pokéball. He threw it letting out Pidgeot. Everyone were amazed by the sight.

"Is that-?" Sophocles asked.

"It is!" Kiawe said.

"Pidgeotto evolved!" Mallow said.

"It's now a Pidgeot," Illima said.

"It happened during the battle," Kairi said.

"Togepi," Togepi chirped.

"Not really surprised here," Kiawe said.

"Sora's Pokémon do have a habit of evolving at certain times and ways," Acerola pointed out.

"Yeah," Mina agreed.

"And that battle with Edgar is no exception," Illima said.

"And you end up with some neat Pokémon," Lana said.

Sora and his friends talked some more and then Sora carried on with his training for the Pokémon League. In the passing days, Sora and his Pokémon trained hard for the tournament fastly approaching while Kairi is watching. A few days later, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Lea, and Isa headed towards Professor Oak's lab, but as they entered, Professor Oak was waiting for them at the door.

"Sora and Riku! Your timing is surprisingly good!" Professor Oak said.

"What is it?" Sora asked.

"And what did you mean by surprisingly good?" Riku asked.

"Because we have very important visitors. And they're looking forward to seeing you," Professor Oak explained. "And they're someone the ten of you may recognize." Riku and the Alolan nine were all confused by what he meant. They wondered who could it be and then they got their answer. With was Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet. Along with them was Lusamine and Riku's mother and a man with a three-layered hair: the bottom one being dark-colored, the middle one brown and the top being colored light-colored. His eyes are colored grey. He wears a blue jacket with red stripes around his fore-arms, a teal collared shirt with two stripes tied in a knot, some black pants and shoes. He also has hexagon-shaped glasses with a grey frame.

"Mom?" Riku asked.

"Mother?" Lillie asked surprised.

"Molayne?" Sophocles asked.

"Hello Sophocles. It's been a while," Molayne greeted as he rubbed his head. "Haven't seen you since Christmas. How is Togedemaru doing?"

"Togedemaru has gotten stronger since the last time," Sophocles said.

"Look at you, Riku! I missed you so much, my baby!" Riku's mother said hugging her son. "And Eevee too."

"Missed you too, mom," Riku said. She looked over to the blonde girl holding Eevee in her arms.

"Eevee," Eevee said.

"Are you going to introduce me to your friend, Riku?" Riku's mother asked.

"Right. Mom I want you to meet Naminé; she's my girlfriend," Riku said blushing. "Naminé, meet my mom Yuna."

"Nice to meet you, ma'am," Naminé said.

Yuna just smiled and had tears of joy in her eyes happy to see her son with a special somebody. Sophocles did some introducing for himself.

"Molayne, meet my new friends since coming here. The one with the spiky hair is Sora and the girl next to him is his girlfriend Kairi. The kid there is Sora's cousin Ventus, but we call him Ven along with his two friends Terra and Aqua. And these two are Lea and Isa. Guys, meet my cousin Molayne," Sophocles said.

"Good to meet you," Molayne said.

"Likewise," Sora said shaking his hand.

"Mother, what are you doing here?" Lillie asked.

"I heard that you were here in Pallet Town so I decided to come for a visit. It feels like it was forever since I've seen you, Lillie," Lusamine said hugging her daughter. "Oh, my baby girl! Mommy has missed so very, very, very much!"

"Mother! Please!" Lillie said feeling embarrassed. "I missed you too."

Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet walked up to the group.

"It's been a while, Riku. You certainly come a long way since we last saw each other," Professor Kukui said.

"Thanks, professor," Riku said. Kukui and Burnet set their attentions to Sora.

"So who is he?" Professor Burnet asked.

"Professors Kukui and Burnet. Meet Sora. I met him when I was in Cerulean City. And the girl is Kairi; his girlfriend," Riku said.

"So you're Sora. I have heard so much about you from Professor Oak," Professor Kukui said. "Good things."

"Thanks," Sora said scratching the back of his head.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said.

"What brings you here?" Illima asked.

"Well as Lusamine already said, we heard that you were here in Pallet Town, we decided to pay you a surprise visit," Molayne said.

"Along with two other visitors," Professor Kukui said.

"Who is it?" Mallow asked.

"They're someone you're very familiar with; especially you, Lana," Yuna said.

Before Lana said anything, two little girls ran in towards Lana. Both were identical twins resembling Lana greatly wearing small yellow headbands. One wore a Slowpoke shirt and had two hairy tips and the other wore a Shellder shirt and has three hairy tips.

"Lana! We missed you big sis!" The twin girls said excitedly.

"Sarah, Harper. You two grew a little," Lana said. The girls look over to Sora's Pikachu.

"A Pikachu!" One of the twins exclaimed.

"So cute!" The second twin added.

"Sarah, Harper! Stop that! Pikachu doesn't like that!" Lana told them.

"Hey! Cut that out!" Sora said. "Leave Pikachu alone!"

They look over to Sora and then to Lana.

"Hey, Lana. Is he your boyfriend?" The twins asked.

Lana's face turned extremely red and exclaimed, "HE'S NOT MY BOYFRIEND!"

"Are you sure he's not your boyfriend?" The twins asked.

"I'm sure. Besides, he's already spoken for," Lana said. The twins weren't convinced.

"Are you really, really, really sure he's not your boyfriend?" The twins asked.

"Pika-CHU!" Pikachu shocked everyone in the room. Pikachu looked around and saw what he did. "Pika..."

"Told you to cut that out," Sora said fried.

We'll end it here for now and we'll look more into the visit of Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet along with Lusamine, Molayne, Riku's mother, and Lana's sisters. Until then.