Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Enter Ryo! ( Chapter 70 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 70: Enter Ryo!

A few days came by since Riku and Naminé became a couple and things between them were going great. They openly admitted that they were officially a pair; the reaction from his former classmates was something he would expect. The conversation consisted of Sora, Riku, Terra, Ventus, Illima, Kiawe, and Sophocles while Lea and Isa were absent.

"I can't believe we missed it again!" Sophocles pouted.

"Leave him alone, Sophocles," Sora said. "I promised him not to tease him."

"But we are happy for you, Riku," Kiawe said.

"Sure are," Terra said. "I thought I saw a spark between you two."

"Same here," Illima said. "But I am happy for you, my friend." That made Riku smile.

Over to Kairi's house, the girls were ecstatic to hear about Riku and Naminé finally being a couple.

"Good for you and Riku, Naminé," Lana beamed.

"It's about time you two got together," Hapu said as Mina nodded.

Kairi and Aqua both agreed with Hapu.

"You two were made for each other," Mallow said.

"I'm thinking you're right," Naminé agreed.

"Makes me wonder if you'd go on double dates along with Sora and Kairi," Acerola said.

"I don't think we should go that far just yet. Riku and Naminé have just became a couple, so let's leave them to get acquainted with love first," Aqua suggested.

The girls continued on, as we see Lea and Isa elsewhere doing some training of their own. Lea had his Growlithe and Magmar out while Isa had Persian and a Dragonair out.

"Okay, Growlithe! Fire Fang! Magmar! Fire Punch!" Lea ordered his two Fire Types.

"Doge!" Isa ordered his two Pokémon. Persian and Dragonair dodged the attacks. "Persian! Use Slash on Growlithe! Dragonair! Use Waterfall on Magmar!" Persian moved in to swipe at Growlithe and Dragonair is surrounded by water and charged towards Magmar. Both attacks hit their mark.

"Very nice, Isa. But you should know that my fire won't be put out that easily," Lea said. "Flamethrower!" Both his Pokémon fired their attacks at their opponents.

"Persian! Power Gem! Dragonair! Dragon Breath!" Isa ordered as they fired their attacks right at their Flamethrower. All four Pokémon appears to be in a standoff as their attacks locks.

"Cease fire!" Both trainers called out. They obeyed as they stopped their battle.

"Gotta admit, Lea; you're getting stronger," Isa complemented. "But you still act like a little kid."

"And you still act like my dad. But he's a much bigger ass than you are," Lea said.

Both teens laughed. They shook each other's hands.

A few hours later, Riku and Naminé decided to go on a date since their confession to each other. Eevee along with Lycanroc, Salandit, and Incineroar watched their trainer and his new girlfriend leave for their date. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua headed up to the mountains for some training.

Sora had his team this time are Kangaskhan, Rhydon, Aerodactyl, Hakamo-o, and Snorlax. As soon as they reached a spot in the mountains, Sora took out his five Pokémon for his training.

"Okay, guys! You ready for some rock-hard training?!" Sora asked his team. They let out a loud roar as they answered. "Great! Pikachu! You use Iron Tail! Kangaskhan! Try using Brick Break! Rhydon! Practice with Horn Drill! Snorlax! You practice your Body Slam! Aerodactyl! Wing Attack! And Hakamo-o! Sky Uppercut! Go!"

Each of Sora's Pokémon used their moves on each of the rocks reducing them into dust and pebbles. Kairi, Togepi, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua all watched on as Sora had practiced.

They practiced for an half-hour and they all took a break for lunch, but they are greeted by three familiar faces. But they weren't alone. They had four new faces as well.

One is a boy witha young boy with lightly tanned skin, spiky light brown hair and dark blue eyes. He is slightly taller than the other kids in his age group. He wears a dark blue T-shirt with a stylized cross, yellow-cream shorts, reddish brown wristbands, olive green socks, and blue and grey shoes. He also wore a dark blue and dark green tennis visor.

There is also another young boy with light skin, straight dark green hair with bangs parted in the middle, and dark eyes. He wears large rimless glasses with silver temples. He wears an orange T-shirt under an opened khaki short-sleeved button-up shirt, dark brown shorts, white socks, and light grey shoes with aquamarine laces and soles.

And the third is a preteen girl with brown eyes and shoulder-length brown hair which is worn with a ponytail on the left side and a green hairclip. She wears a yellow shirt under a green dress, yellow socks, and white and cerulean sneakers. She had a Growlithe sock puppet on her side.

And the fourth is a little girl with lightly tanned skin, dark purple hair pulled to the sides in two small pigtails, and dark purple eyes. She wears a white T-shirt under a pink cheongsam-style vest with yellow trimmings, dark purple shorts, white socks and yellow shoes with white laces and soles.

"Hey there, Sora!" Takato greeted.

"Takato! Henry! Rika!" Sora recognized. "And you too, Guil!"

"Charmeleon!" Guil beamed.

"Is this the kid you telling us about?" The boy wearing the visors asked.

"That's him," Takato said.

"It's been a while," Kiawe said.

"It feels like it's been years," Lana said.

"Sure has," Henry agreed.

"So, who are they?" Sora asked.

"Right. These are friends of ours," Takato said. "The kid in the visors is Kazu. The kid in the glasses is Kenta. And the girl is Jeri." Takato blushed mentioning her name.

"Good to meet you," Kairi said.

"Pi, Toge, Toge."

The little girl looked at the little Pokémon in Kairi's arms.

"And who is she?" Kairi asked.

"Her name is Suzy. She's my little sister," Henry said.

"Hello there," Kairi greeted.

"Hi!" Suzy greeted back. "You're vewy pwetty!"

"Oh, you're so very sweet," Kairi said.

"And your Pokémon is vewy cute! What its name?" Suzy asked.

"His name is Togepi," Kairi answered.

"Toge, Toge, Togepi."

"So who are these three?" Rika asked.

"Right. This kid here is my cousin, Ventus; Ven for short," Sora said.

"And these are my friends, Terra and Aqua," Ventus said.

"Good to meet you," Terra said.

"Same here," Henry said. "Kazu, Kenta, Suzy, and Jeri. And here are some other friends of Sora and Kairi's; Lillie, Illima, Mallow, Kiawe, Lana, Sophocles, Acerola, Mina, and Hapu."

"We've heard all about you guys," Kazu said.

"And we heard about how awesome a trainer you are, Sora!" Kenta said.

"Thanks," Sora said scratching the back of his head. "So what brings you guys out here?"

"Well, we've heard some talk about a Pokémon trainer around here; a really tough one too," Takato stated.

"And we came up here to see if those rumors were true," Henry added. "Are you here for those exact reasons?"

Sora and his friends all looked among themselves. Hapu just shrugged her shoulders.

"Not exactly," Sora admitted. "We only came up here for some training for the Pokémon League."

"And that's where all of you came in," Hapu said.

"I see," Henry said.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua are joined by Takato, Henry, Rika, and Guil along with Kazu, Kenta, Jeri, and Suzy for some lunch. Once they had finished, they proceeded on their search for this rumored Pokémon trainer.

"So how did you hear about this rumor?" Acerola asked.

"We were at this nearby town; called Pallet Town. We heard someone talking about a Pokémon trainer heading up through these moutains," Henry said.

"And we also heard someone say that these mountains are homes of overgrown Onix," Rika added.

"You think that this trainer just came here for that reason?" Ventus asked.

"We think so," Kazu said. "What I heard is that he has a really cool Pokémon with him!"

"And it's a Dragon Type!" Kenta said.

"A Dragon Type, huh?" Sora wondered.

The group stopped when they heard something. They all followed the sounds. They all knew they were getting closer with the sounds growing louder. They all saw a boy with slightly tanned skin with brown hair not as spiky as Sora's. He also had blue eyes. He wore a dark gray shirt with one sleeve torn and brown pants, wearing a belt. He wore white shoes with red tongues.

With him is a bipedal, reptilian Pokémon covered in scaly armor. Most of its body is gray with some lighter gray areas as well as yellow and red markings. It has a rounded, beak-ish snout and small eyes nearly hidden under its head armor. On the tip of its snout is a patch of pale gray, and both the upper and lower jaws have a small, tooth-like spike on each side. The top of its head is covered by an elaborate arrangement of scales. At the front of the headdress is an oval scale, which is yellow with a red heart-shape at the base. On either side of the front scale is a chain of four circular scales; the first three scales are red with yellow trim and the last scale is solid yellow. Three additional chains of plain yellow scales extend from the back of the headdress. Running down the front of its long neck is a line of overlapping scales: one solid gray at the top, three larger gray ones with yellow rims, and one solid yellow scale at the bottom. A thick yellow stripe with a rounded projection in the center runs across its chest. Covering its shoulders are tufts of spiky, white feathers with small, gray scales overlapping them. Four overlapping scales cover the tops of its arms: three are gray with yellow edges, and the scales that cover its hands are red with yellow edges. It has four chains of scales, all of which consist of four scales, extending from just behind its shoulders. The two foremost chains are made of overlapping scales, and have a solid gray scale at the top followed by three scales with yellow edges. The other two chains are made up of only solid gray scales and do not appear to overlap. The lower half of its legs is dark gray, and there is a pale gray marking across each knee. Its hands have four yellow claws, while the feet have only three. A long line of slightly raised, pale gray scales runs down the center of its back to about halfway up its tapering tail. Near the tip of its tail are three sets of loose scales that increase in size near the tip. Each set is made up of four separate scales that encircle the tail; the two lower sets are solid yellow, while the set nearest thebtip have gray centers. The very tip of its tail is pale gray.

"Is that who I think it is?" Kazu asked trying to contain his excitement.

"It is!" Kenta answered. "It's Ryo!

"Who?" Sora asked.

"Ryo! Only one of the most mightiest trainers there is!" Kazu said.

"There are rumors going around saying that he plans on taking on the Elite Four and become champion!" Kenta said.

Sora looked over to his friends and asked, "Have any of you ever heard of him?" Kairi, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua all shook their heads.

"What's that with him?" Ventus asked.

"That's a Kommo-o," Lillie answered.

"And a strong one by the looks of it," Kiawe said.

Sora took out his Pokédex and pointed it at the Pokémon to get some information.

Kommo-o, the Scaly Pokémon

The evolved form of Hakamo-o

Type: Dragon/Fighting

When it spots enemies, it threatens them by jingling the scales on its tail. Weak opponents will crack and flee in panic.

"Hakamo-o's evolved form," Sora said putting his Pokédex away. "I can tell how tough it looks just by looking at it."

"Agreed," Illima said. "We should just observe and see."

"Kommo-o! Clanging Scales!" Ryo ordered as Kommo-o folds its arms then unfolds them as it lets out a big roar, sending blue shockwaves towards the huge boulders. The boulder shatters into a million pieces. The group were in awe by the sight.

"Clanging Scales. Kommo-o's signature move," Illima said.

"And that was a pretty powerful move," Terra said impressed.

"It is," Aqua agreed.

"Okay, Kommo-o! Sky Uppercut! Follow it with Close Combat!" Ryo ordered. Kommo-o performed Sky Uppercut on another boulder shattering it. Everyone gasped in awe as they saw the attack being to strong. Kommo-o then performed Close Combat on another boulder breaking it down. "That was quite a performance. You did well." Kommo-o nodded and then it spotted the audience watching them. "What is it? What do you see?" Kommo-o ran passed its trainer and made its way to where Sora and the others are watching. It glares directly at the group growling.

"Whoa! Take it easy. We weren't causing trouble," Sora said waving his arms.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said also waving his arms.

Kommo-o was about to attack them when Ryo pulled out his Pokéball and called Kommo-o inside. He looked towards the group.

"Sorry about that," Ryo apologized. "My Kommo-o just thought you guys were spies. But why are you here? This mountain is full of overgrown Onix."

"We kinda figured that," Sora said.

"So what brings you here?" Ryo asked. Sora and his friends explained to Ryo that he was training for the Pokémon League tournament taking place in a month, and Takato explained the rumors of a Pokémon trainer training somewhere on the mountain to see if it was true. Ryo understood the situation. "So that's it." He looks to Sora. "You were training for the Pokémon League."

"Yeah. But since we answered your questions, how about you answer this one: why are you here?" Sora asked.

"Just training to battle the Elite Four. I need to be on top of my game to take them on," Ryo said. "But also I came here to see if I could find and catch one of those giant Onix I've been hearing about. So I thought of catching the biggest and baddest one of all."

"That's one rumor confirmed," Illima said.

"Yeah," Mina said.

"Sora, isn't it? I was wondering about something," Ryo said.

"Yeah, what?" Sora asked.

"I was wondering if you're any good in a battle?" Ryo challenge. Sora stood up with a grin.

"You'll have to see for yourself," Sora said.

"Great! But let's make it one-on-one," Ryo said taking out his Pokéball. "Come on out, Kommo-o!" He threw it letting out Kommo-o. Sora took out his Safari Ball and threw it.

"Hakamo-o! Go!" Sora threw his Safari Ball letting out Hakamo-o. "You ready for this, Hakamo-o?" Hakamo-o nodded to his trainer.

"Your Hakamo-o's pretty impressive by the way it looks. But you should know that Dragon Types are weakened by their own moves, right?" Ryo asked.

"The same can be said for you. My Hakamo-o won't back away and neither will I," Sora said.

"I don't doubt it. Show me what you've got, Sora," Ryo said. "Kommo-o! Close Combat!" Kommo-o charges in to deliver its attack at its pre-evolved form.

"Hakamo-o! Dodge and use Brick Break!" Sora called out. Hakamo-o moved before the attack could hit. Hakamo-o delivered a strong chop onto Kommo-o' right side. "Now use Dragon Claw!" Hakamo-o's claws emitted purple energy and swiped right at Kommo-o.

"Clanging Scales!" Ryo ordered as Kommo-o folds its arms then unfolds them as it lets out a big roar, sending blue shockwaves towards Hakamo-o. Hakamo-o steps back trying to block out the sound.

"Dosen't look good for Hakamo-o," Kiawe said.

"Hakamo-o is at a huge disadvantage due to its Type and evolutionary stage. Sora should have thought this through," Henry said.

"He'll pull through," Ventus said. "I've seen him battle and he's an awesome trainer."

"Pikachu."

"Henry may be right, Ven," Aqua said. "Sora may have bested the Gym Leaders of Cinnabar Island and Viridian City, but remember that they gave it their all as well."

"Dragon Claw again!" Sora called out as Hakamo-o charged towards his evolved form.

"Kommo-o! Use use Dragon Claw too!" Ryo ordered as both Pokémon charged towards each other. Their attacks clashed into each other like swords. Hakamo-o was giving it everything he had, but Kommo-o's attack was way stronger. Hakamo-o struggled to keep up, but it was just no use.

"Sky Uppercut!" Sora ordered as Hakamo-o delivered a pretty clean uppercut at his evolved form.

"That was a pretty good hit," Jeri said.

"It sure is," Takato agreed.

"But I doubt that it'll be enough to take that Kommo-o down," Hapu said.

"Took the words right out of my mouth," Mallow agreed.

"Sky Uppercut!" Ryo called out as Kommo-o rushed to deliver a powerful uppercut to Hakamo-o.

"You use Sky Uppercut too!" Sora ordered as both Pokémon moved in to deliver their attacks. Both landed pretty good hits before both land on their feet panting. Hakamo-o and Kommo-o starts panting as they stare into each other. The two dragon Pokémon continue the stare-down until Hakamo-o falls to the ground beaten. "Hakamo-o!" Sora ran to his fallen Pokémon. "You okay?" Hakamo-o nods in response. "You gave it everything you've got and I'm proud of you for it." Ryo walks up to Sora and his fallen Hakamo-o.

"Did you see that? Ryo won just like I knew he would," Kazu said.

"Yeah! But that other guy was nothing to sneeze at," Kenta said.

Both shook hands. They smiled at one another. Rika watched the battle closely, but mostly Ryo's Kommo-o. The reason Rika went along with the others is so that she could have the opportunity to battle him, but Sora beat him to it.

Elsewhere, Team Rocket lurks around looking for the biggest Onix they could find, since hearing about it through the rumors.

"Here, Onix, Onix, Onix. Come out wherever you are," Jessie sang as she and James carried a giant bazooka.

"We're waiting," James added.

"Just wait till we get one of those bad boys," Meowth said. "We'll be on top! We'll be as tough as the Elite Four!"

"We'll wishing for it isn't going to make one of those giant darlings show up," James said.

"So true, James! Now we just have to wait for one of those rock-headed reptiles show up," Jessie said. Team Rocket felt the ground beneath them shaking. They knew it was what they were expecting. "And speak of the devil."

"Stone cold," James said in a pun.

"Rock n roll!" Jessie added.

Just then an Onix much larger than a normal sized Onix rose from the ground. It had scars on its face crossed at its right eye. Team Rocket were intimidated by the size of the rocky Pokémon.

"Let's forget it!" Meowth exclaimed.

"We came here to bag an Onix and that's what we're gonna do!" Jessie proclaimed. James shuddered. They fired the bazooka right at the Onix's face. "We hit it!"

"And what a hit it was!" James said.

"Way to go, guys!" Meowth cheered.

The smoke cleared and they saw the giant Onix enraged by the attack and chased after them. The giant Onix charged right at the trio as they ran for it.

"Keep running! It's gaining on us!" James yelped.

"That's what we're doing!" Jessie said.

Team Rocket ran into a nearby cave.

"Safe!" Meowth said.

"But for how long?" James asked.

"That Onix can't get in here," Jessie said, "it's too big."

The giant Onix starts bashing the cave causing rocks to fall. They all knew they'd be trapped inside if the bashings kept up.

"This is bad!" James yelped.

"And this nowhere even close to the kind of bad we're used to," Jessie added.

"If I had a mommy, I would say that I wanted her now!" Meowth said.

"HELP!" Team Rocket screamed. Their screams echoed through the mountain catching the attention of Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Takato, Henry, Rika, Guil, Jeri, Kazu, Kenta, Suzy, and Ryo.

"What was that?" Lana asked.

"That sounded like Team Rocket," Kairi said.

"And whatever it is, they're the ones who are in trouble," Sora said. They all followed their cries of help. The sound grew louder as they were getting closer. They spotted the giant Onix ramming into the cave's entrance. "That's the biggest Onix I have ever seen."

"And those people are twapped inside," Suzy said pointing to Team Rocket.

"Are they the ones who are causing trouble for you, Sora?" Aqua asked.

"And are they the crooks you told us about?" Jeri asked.

"That's them," Sora confirmed. "Never thought I'd say this, but we should help them."

"You're kidding right? After all the trouble they've caused us?" Hapu asked.

"I'm with her. Why should we help those three?" Kiawe asked.

"Because if we don't, then we're no better than they are," Sora said. "Besides, even they don't deserve this."

"Sora is right. Even though they don't deserve it, we should help them," Illima stated.

"Let's do this!" Lana said taking out a Pokéball.

"No. I'll do this!" Ryo said. He took out two Pokéballs and threw them. "Kommo-o! Golem! Go!" The two Pokéballs lets out his Kommo-o and his Golem. Ryo's Golem has two crystalline formations protrude from Golem's back while what appear to be a mustache and beard are actually iron filings. It also had shorter arms than any Golem Sora had seen.

"Henwy, what's that?" Suzy asked her brother.

"That's a Golem; an Alolan Golem," Henry said.

"An Alolan Golem, huh?" Sora asked taking out his Pokédex and pointed it at Ryo's Pokémon.

Golem Alolan Form, the Megaton Pokémon

The evolved form of Graveler Alolan Form

Type: Rock/Electric

It uses magnetism to accelerate and fire off rocks tinged with electricity. Even if it doesn't score a direct hit, the jolt of electricity will do the job.

"Onix is a Ground Type," Sora pointed out. "What good will that do?"

"Just watch," Ryo said.

"Kommo-o! Golem! Go!" Ryo called out to his two Pokémon. They rushed over to the giant Onix as it stopped bashing the cave entrance. Team Rocket took the opportunity to get away and they ran just as fast as their feet could carry them. It noticed Team Rocket running and took a swing at them with its tail and sent them flying in the air.

"IT LOOKS LIKE TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAIN!" Team Rocket shouted as they flew into the sky; a star sparkles in the distance.

Onix then sets its sights on the two Pokémon and charged in with its head giving off a metal glow.

"It's attacking with Iron Head," Lillie said.

"Golem! You block that with your Iron Head!" Ryo ordered as his Golem jumped and blocked the attack. "Kommo-o! Clanging Scales!" Kommo-o used Clanging Scales on the giant Onix. The shockwave sends the Rock Type back and bashed into a cliff nearby. The giant Onix gets back up refusing to back down.

"I've seen my share of Onix, but this one really takes the cake at size and bravado," Hapu said.

Ryo looked at the Onix with so much interest. He knew first hand this Onix was exactly what he was looking for. It was much bigger than any of the other Onix in the mountain, and it's much stronger. The Onix then started to move about like something was bothering it. Ryo's Pokémon charged towards Onix. They gave it everything they had against the oversized Pokémon. Onix was getting exhausted pretty fast.

"Stop!" Ryo ordered his two Pokémon and they obeyed. He turns to Sora. "Sora, come with me."

"Wait, what?" Sora asked.

"I know what you're thinking, but there's something bothering that Onix. And I'm going to need your help with something," Ryo said. Sora looked at him like he was crazy, but he went along with it. Both trainers slid down to where Onix is and they approach the Pokémon slowly. "Onix, we only wanna help you. Just let us do that." They went over to Onix's midsection and Ryo saw something. "There's something jammed in there." Sora took a look inside.

"Hey! You're right," Sora said. He looked up to the giant Onix. "Is this what the trouble is about?"

"Help me pull it out," Ryo said.

"Right," Sora said. Onix then started to shake. "Relax, Onix. It'll only hurt for a sec! Just hold still." Ryo stuck his hands inside and Sora pulled from behind. Then strained to pull the obstructing object out. With one good yank they pulled out a Sandslash. Sora chuckled, "So, you're what's alll the fuss is all about."

"Slash, Slash."

"It was only just a Sandlash," Hapu said.

"No wonder that Onix went berserk. It was trying to get it out," Acerola said.

"You should be okay now, Onix," Sora said.

Onix looked over to the two trainers.

"So, Onix. You wanna come along with me?" Ryo asked. Onix nodded. Ryo took out a Pokéball with a dark blue top with lighter blue circles on either side at an angle from the central button, the top most of which is the largest and the lower-most of which are tiny and almost the same shade of blue as the majority of the top. "Heavy Ball! Go!" Ryo threw the Heavy Ball making it flow inside. The Heavy Ball wobbles around for a few seconds. Stars swirls around the Heavy Ball confirming the catch. "You're mine now, Onix."

With the catch a success, he was now ready to take on the Elite Four for championship. He looks at Sora's direction.

"That was so epic!" Kazu beamed.

"It sure was," Sora agreed. "But how did you know about that Sandslash was hurting Onix?"

"I could tell just by looking at it," Ryo explained. "The one thing they teach you about Pokémon is to tell how they're feeling. I learned that a long time ago. In my travels into different regions, I gained even more knowledge as I battle." Sora smiled as he respected that.

"Yeah. Not only you get stronger, but you get wiser as well," Sora said.

"That's true. Also, I'm looking forward to the day when we battle again," Ryo said.

"The next time you see me, I'll be stronger," Sora said.

"I know you will," Ryo said.

Takato, Henry, Rika, Guil, Jeri, Kazu, Kenta, and Suzy decided to stick around for a bit while the rest went off back to Pallet Town.

"We plan to cheer you on at the Pokémon League!" Takato called out to Sora.

"We'll see you there," Henry said.

"Count on it," Sora called back.

As they headed back, they saw Riku and Naminé watching the sunset with Riku with his arm over his shoulder. He moved in to kiss Naminé on the cheek as she giggles. Sora and the rest left them alone for their date to conclude without any interruptions.

Sora and Kairi were definitely happy for their friends, they same can be said for Riku's Pokémon. Sora and Kairi went to their homes, but not before giving each other a goodbye kiss before they stepped into their houses.