Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Make Room For Gloom ( Chapter 69 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 69: Make Room For Gloom

A few more weeks came by and since then, Gary's mother lifted her son's punishment and Gary proceeded on to his training at his grandfather's, but Professor Oak warned him not to cause anymore trouble while there. Sora and Kairi weren't even speaking to Gary for what he did. Riku couldn't blame them, but he gave Gary a death glare warning him to keep his distance.

Gary still couldn't understand why Kairi picked Sora over him anyway, but he couldn't let that trouble him since he had to focus on his training.

With the Pokémon League tournament was a month away. One morning, a Dodrio was cawing loudly. Kairi and her grandmother decided to join the Ketchum household for some breakfast while Riku, Naminé, Eevee, the Alolan nine, Terra, Aqua, Lea, and Isa were going out for breakfast.

Sora, Ventus, and Pikachu were sleeping soundly in Sora's room. Mimey was about to come in to sweep only for Kairi to come to the scene.

"Why don't you let me take it from here, Mimey," Kairi whispered. "I know how to get him up."

"Mr. Mime," Mimey nodded as Kairi went inside of her boyfriend's room. She looked at him and she always found Sora very cute when he's sleeping. She lightly tickles Sora's nose. He stirs awake and sits up. Sora let out a yawn and laid back down only for Kairi to peek at him.

"WHOA!" Sora yelped making Ventus and Pikachu wake as well. She giggles. "Come on, Kairi. Not again."

"Good morning, lazy bum," Kairi greeted. "You sleep okay?"

"Yeah," Sora answered. "Better than Mimey's wake up calls."

"Way better," Ventus added. "Remember when he swept at Pikachu's nose shocking all of us?"

Sora remembered that incident very well. That incident took place just a few days ago when Sora was tickled at the nose by the broom in his mother's Mr. Mime's hands. He then moved to Pikachu sleeping next to him giving all the boys a shocking wakeup call. That made Sora extremely sour as Mimey kept sweeping like nothing happened.

Kairi and the boys came down and Kairi got started cooking some breakfast for everyone. Kairi made a plate of eggs sunnyside down while Ventus's was over easy. Bacon were extra crispy just as Sora likes it and the toast had some strawberry jelly on it.

The boys chowed down on their breakfast while Pikachu was happily eating some apples and Kairi's grandmother was feeding Togepi.

She remembered how happily she used to feed her granddaughter when she was a baby. She wondered where those days could have gone.

"Good as always, Kairi," Sora said enjoying his breakfast.

"Ditto!" Ventus added.

"Thank you, boys," Kairi said.

Delia walked in the house with flowers in hand and putting up her gardening hat on a hook.

"Sora, since you're taking a break from training, why don't you help me in the garden; why you finished breakfast," Delia said. Sora winced at the thought of helping his mother in the garden.

"Um, actually mom, I'm going to be really busy today with my training. So I won't be able to help you with the gardening today," Sora said.

"And where do you plan on training today?" Delia asked her son.

"Just in the forest somewhere," Sora said. "In fact, the guys and I are gonna meet somewhere to do that. Right Ven?" Before when could ask what he meant and gave him a look; Ven knew that look very well.

"Uh, yeah. And we're going to do that right after breakfast," Ventus said.

Kairi looked at the boys on why their suddenly deciding to train in the forest when this was the first that she heard about it.

"I guess I could come along. Just to keep you out of trouble," Kairi said.

"I don't see why not," Kairi's grandmother said.

Once everyone had finished their breakfast, The boys stepped out while Kairi picked up Togepi and went with them. Once they were outside Kairi had this to ask them.

"What's with you, Sora?" Kairi asked her boyfriend. "Why didn't you want to help your mom in the garden?"

"Well, if you have to know, I used to help her out a lot then I get so tired, I could barely stand," Sora explained. "I even thought I could even pull out those weeds with my bare hands and my hands pay the price. To put it simply, I'm not a very good gardener like she is."

"And that made it okay to lie to your mom like that?" Kairi asked.

"I won't actually be lying if I actually did some training today," Sora reasoned.

"He does have a point," Ventus said.

"Pikachu."

"I guess I can go with that. But I did say that I'd come along just to make sure you stay out of trouble," Kairi said.

"Yeah, let's go before my mom asks me to pick up some fertilizer on the way back," Sora said as Kairi, Ventus, and Pikachu went with them.

Sora, Kairi, Ventus, Pikachu, and Togepi met up with Riku, Naminé, Eevee, the Alolan nine, Terra, and Aqua.

"Hey you guys," Mallow greeted.

"Enjoy your breakfast?" Acerola asked.

"Sure did. You?" Sora asked.

"That place we went to was the best we've been to," Lana admitted.

"So what are you three up to?" Riku asked.

"Eevee."

"Just on our way to do some training," Sora answered. He noticed that Lea and Isa weren't with them. "Where did Lea and Isa go?"

"Back to your house. Why?" Riku asked.

"My aunt is doing some gardening today," Ventus said.

"And those two are walking right into it," Sora added.

Back to the Ketchum house, Lea and Isa came in the house.

"Oh! Lea and Isa! It's a good thing you two are here," Delia said. "I'm going to need a hand in the garden today."

"Couldn't you just ask Sora to help out?" Isa asked.

"I already did, but he and his cousin have already left for the forest. Also Kairi had left with them, so I'm going to need all the help I could get," Delia said.

"It's really no problem, Mrs. K. We can lend a hand for you," Lea said. Isa gave him a worried look.

"Why do I have a feeling that he just signed us up for some backbreaking labor again?" Isa asked himself in his mind. Isa remembered that one time the boys had to some odd jobs aroundlike when they worked at a shop in Vermilion City that one time. And then, some cleaning around a dojo in Saffron City afterwards. Isa sighed as he knew he couldn't get out of it even he wanted to; and he really wanted to. "Mom and dad were right to warn me about choosing my friends carefully."

"Thank you, Lea. Now you better get geared up because we have lots of work to do," Delia said. Delia, Lea, and Isa are joined by Kairi's grandmother as they began gardening.

Meanwhile not too far from Pallet Town, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, the Alolan nine, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua made it to a small part of the nearby forest.

"This looks like a good spot," Sora said taking out his Pokéballs. The Pokémon he had with him this time were Venusaur, Decidueye, Poliwhirl, Primeape, and Tauros. "Let's get to it!" Sora carried on with his training as they were getting an unexpected visit.

"You're doing well, Ketchum," a familiar voice called out from behind and everyone saw it was Tai, Kari, and their friends.

"Tai! Kari!" Sora recognized. "It's been a while!"

"Good to see all of you!" Kairi said.

"Right back at you," Kari said.

"What brings you out here?" Lillie asked.

"We just heard from Takuya and the others that you're training for the Pokémon League and we thought we drop in for a surprise visit," Sara said.

"And what a surprise," Riku said.

"Eevee."

Tai and the rest noticed three new people with them.

"Who are they?" Matt asked.

"Right, you guys hadn't met," Sora said. "The tall guy here is Terra and the girl with the blue hair is Aqua. And the kid here is my cousin, Ventus."

"But call me, Ven," Ventus said.

"Good to meet you. I'm Tai," he introduced himself.

"My name is Kari; Tai's sister."

"I'm Matt."

"I'm Matt's brother, TK."

"I'm Sara."

"My name is Izzy."

"I'm Mimi."

"The name's Joe."

"The name's Davis."

"I'm Ken."

"My name is Cody."

"And I'm Yolei."

Sora explained to the three of them on how Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all knew Tai and the rest. Tai told them that he battled Sora and lost. Ventus wasn't surprised to hear that Sora had won that battle. They even told them about they were even in a play at that one time along with Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, and JP along with three others Takato, Henry, and Rika and a Charmeleon Takato nicknamed Guil.

Sora carried on with his training and that took up about three or four hours.

Sora wiped away some sweat, "Phew! That really did the trick." Pikachu and the other Pokémon agreed. "How about you guys take five?" He called them back. They wondered through the forest and they noticed a greenhouse in the middle of the forest. "Hey, I recognize this place."

"You do?" Mallow asked.

"Yeah. It's the Xanadu nursery. My mom and I used to come here all the time," Sora explained.

"You did?" Davis asked.

"Yeah. There were all sorts of Grass Type Pokémon around here. I'm talking Bulbasaur, Oddish, Bellsprout, Paras, and even some other Grass Types like some Bounsweet a few times," Sora remembered. "I'm surprised this place is still in business."

"What do you mean?" Kiawe asked.

"Well, a very nice old man used to run this nursery. He passed away just six years ago, so I have no idea who runs it now," Sora said.

"Well, I can see why your mom would come here. So much plants, trees, flowers," Kairi said.

Just inside they saw two little armless Pokémon that looks like a mangosteen. There were small and round shaphed. They had yellow eyes and a magenta colored body. They also has a skirt-like design that is colored white. They has three large leaves that are colored green on its head.

Along with the little Pokémon is a bipedal humanoid Pokémon. It has a white body with slender arms and big magenta eyes. It has a pink and purple torso that resembles a dress. Its legs are also the same color. On the top of its head are two big leaves that curl downward, with a smaller tuft in the center. The left leaf has a yellow circular design on the top left. They were joined by a female Gloom.

"Look at that!" Ventus said.

"Those are Bounsweet!" Mallow said.

"And that one is a Steenee!" Illima said.

Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon they were looking at.

Bounsweet, the Fruit Pokémon

Type: Grass

Bounsweet gives off a delicious aroma so bird Pokémon often mistakes it for a berry. It spins the leaves on its head as a propeller to drive them away.

Steenee, the Fruit Pokémon

The evolved form of Bounsweet

Type: Grass

It's protected by its hard sepals, so it plays with bird Pokémon without worry. They peck it relentlessly, but it doesn't care.

"Those Bounsweet are so cute!" Kairi gushed.

"They sure are," Naminé agreed.

"So rare to see them outside of Alola, that's for sure," Izzy pointed out.

"Hey! There's something else coming out," TK said. They all saw a few plant-like Pokémon coming out of the shrubs. They all had a small body with two light pink stripes and a big magenta stripe in the middle. For arms they had two light green small sickle-shaped petals with white tips and has a small green leaf collar around their necks. With a small pink head and magenta colored eyes and dark pink pupils. They also a big green leaf on it's head with a dark green bulb behind it.

"Propokus! Fomantis!" Izzy said.

"Fomantis, huh?" Sora asked pointing his Pokédex at them.

Fomantis, the Sickle Grass Pokémon

Type: Grass

During the day, it sleeps and soaks up light. When night falls, it walks around looking for a safer place to sleep.

"They look wide awake to me," Sora said.

"Look at how cute they are," Kari said.

"Wait there's one more," Acerola said.

A Pokémon that looked like a cross between a plant and an insect comes out of the shrubs. The top half of its head is light pink, while the bottom half is white. It has light red eyes and two green antennae with a small green lump between them. There are four extensions to the top half of its head: two on the top with red tips that resemble ears, and one on each side with white tips that resemble stylized hair. It has a light pink body with wavy, skirt-like extensions around the waist and a green abdomen and neck. Its thin, white arms end in large, red scythes with white along the bottom rim and a single green claw on the tip. There are vertical, pink-and-red stripes down its legs, which have small, pointed green feet. The coloring and shape of the Pokémon's body and arms give it the appearance of wearing a long-sleeved dress, while its legs are similar to pants. Four red, wing-like appendages sprout from its back, each tipped with white.

"A Lurantis," Sophocles said.

Sora pointed his Pokédex at this new Pokémon next to the Fomantis.

Lurantis, the Bloom Sickle Pokémon

The evolved form of Fomantis

Type: Grass

As it slashes into its enemies, it looks like it's dancing. Its elegant appearance has led some to call it the most glamorous Grass Pokémon.

"Figured that's what Fomantis evolved into," Sora said putting his Pokédex away.

"You weren't kidding, Sora. Those Pokémon seem to like the place," Joe said.

Just then, a young man is seen and he spots the group peeking inside. He wore what looks like a flamethrower but it's spraying some water on the plants.

"What are you doing?" He asked them.

The group turns to him and saw the hose in his hands and they exclaimed in fright.

"Whoa! Take it easy there, man! We weren't making trouble! I swear!" Sora exclaimed.

"What are you talking about?" The young man asked.

"We'll explain ourselves, just put that flamethrower down!" Sora said. He looked at them confusedly.

"Flamethrower? What are you-" his sentence was cut short when he realized what he meant. "Oh! This! Sorry. It's just an ordinary garden hose. I'll show, I'll show you." He proved it by spraying some water with it. "See?"

"I-i-it's just a garden hose," Sophocles said nearly wetting himself.

"That's a relief," Davis said.

Hapu growled then shouted, "Don't scare us like that! You made us believe that it was a real flamethrower!"

"Hapu! Knock it off!" Sora said. "It was an honest mistake."

"Yeah. You shouldn't yell at someone over a misunderstanding," Ventus agreed.

The young man apologized, "Anyway, sorry for scaring you like that. Well, I should introduce myself. My name is Potter and I'm one of the attendants here."

"My name is Sora."

"I'm Kairi."

"The Name's Riku."

"I'm Naminé."

"My name is Terra."

"I'm Ventus; but call me Ven!"

"I'm Aqua."

"My name is Lillie."

"I am Illima."

"My name's Mallow.

"I'm Lana."

"Kiawe is my name."

"I'm Sophocles."

"I'm Acerola."

"Mina."

"I'm Hapu."

"I'm Tai."

"I'm Kari."

"The name's Matt."

"I'm TK."

"My name is Sara."

"Mine is Izzy."

"I'm Mimi."

"I'm Joe."

"The name's Davis."

"My name is Ken."

"I'm Cody."

"And my name is Yolei."

"Pikachu."

"Eevee."

"Toge, Toge."

The group went into the greenhouse, and Sora explains that he was training for the Pokémon League and he just stumbled on the greenhouse completely by accident and they were just looking from the outside.

"So you're training for the Pokémon League. I always wanted to be a Pokémon trainer," Potter said. "A lot of trainers come here and let their Grass Type Pokémon loves it."

"Seeing those Pokémon enjoying it, I could understand why," Sora said. He took out two of his Pokéballs and lets out his Venusaur and Decidueye. "You two enjoy yourselves." Venusaur and Decidueye looked around and enjoyed the sights of the greenhouse. "Well anyway, I was wondering. The old man who ran this place died six years ago, but who runs the place now?"

"That would be Florinda," Potter answered. "She recently inherited it from her parents." He pointed to her. "That's her right there." He pointed to a young woman with long light purple hair with a red-violet eyes wearing a yellow dress and a green vest.

"That's her?" Ventus asked.

"Yeah," Potter answered with his face blushing. The girls noticed how red his face was getting. Sora pretty much noticed himself.

"So you love this job so much, huh?" Sora asked.

"Yeah, I do," Potter answered.

"It must be so nice getting to the sights of the beautiful flowers; and to get to know the boss, right?" Sora teased.

"Uh-huh," Potter nodded.

"But, it's not the plant life that you're interested in, isn't it?" Sora teased. Potter blushed.

"Of course it is! Why wouldn't I be?" Potter asked embarrassed. Riku caught on to what was going on.

"This seems to be familiar," Riku said. "You have a thing for Florinda, don't you?"

Potter was looking at the two boys grinning slyly. He didn't know how to answer it. Before Sora and Riku could tease Potter even further, Kairi and Naminé pulls them by their arms.

"Okay, let's go," Kairi said.

"We should soak in the sights of the greenhouse," Naminé said.

Ventus and the Alolan nine all laughed to watch their friends being dragged by their significant other. Potter looked at the four of them.

"It must be so nice," Potter said sounding envious. "To be in such a loving relationship."

Everyone looked at him and he shifts back and forth.

"You got nothing to be ashamed of," Lillie said.

"Sora and Kairi was the same way at first when we met them," Mallow remembered.

"And we already knew they were crazy about each other," Hapu said.

"Yeah," Mina said.

"Gotta admit that Riku and Naminé makes a pretty cute pair," Lillie said.

"They sure do," Acerola agreed.

"We kinda saw that when we met them when we were digging up Pokémon fossils," Sara remembered.

"Yes we did. Sora and Riku are so very handsome and it makes me so envious," Mimi said.

Yolei quietly agreed to that one, but she didn't want to risk making Ken jealous.

Potter looked at the two boys with the girls. He smiled at the sight. He wondered if he and Florinda would be as close as Sora and Kairi or as Riku and Naminé.

"Are you feeling that Florinda dosen't feel the same for you?" Illima asked.

Potter looked at him, "How did you figure that?"

"Sora felt the same way before he confessed his feelings for Kairi. And Riku is currently having those feelings," Illima explained. "Sora first met Kairi when he saved her life from a couple of Pokémon hunters. He would have given his life for her and his Pikachu."

Potter was pretty amazed to hear about Sora risking his life for a girl he hadn't met.

"And what about Riku and Naminé? How did they meet?" Potter asked.

"Riku helped her out when a couple of bullies were playing keep away with her sketchbook," Mallow said.

"They only did that to make her cry," Sophocles said.

"And if I ever meet those two, I'd surely make them cry after I gave them what for," Hapu said.

"Well, that wouldn't do," Joe said.

"But to answer your question about whether you should confess your feelings for Florinda; you should tell her. As Sora would say, you would never know until you tell her," Illima said.

Potter thought for a moment to let it sink in. He looked around to the group and nodded as he understood what they meant.

Everyone looked around the greenhouse. They admired the sights of the plants and the Grass Type Pokémon.

Florinda looked at Sora and Kairi and smiled at the sight. She even gazed at Riku and Naminé. She noticed how the blonde seemed timid for a reason. She looked at the Gloom and Lurantis below and saw how friendly they were to each other. Lurantis's face tinted a shade of pink.

"I'm so very happy for you, Gloom," Florinda said in her thoughts. "The same for the two couples below. But I'm not sure if I'm a good Pokémon trainer for Gloom." She looked at the Leaf Stone in her hand. She came down stairs and walked up to her Gloom.

"Gloom?"

"Are you ready to evolve, Gloom?" Florinda asked. She held the Leaf Stone to her Gloom. The Grass Type Pokémon touched the stone but nothing happened. "What? It's not working!"

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, Tai, Kari, and their friends all noticed.

"What's going on?" Sora asked.

She looks at him.

"I'm a failure. I'm a failure as a Pokémon trainer," Florinda said.

"What do you mean you're a failure?" Sora asked.

"My Gloom deserves a better trainer and my family deserves a better daughter. It's my fault that my Gloom won't evolve; so what good am I?" Florinda asked.

"You shouldn't say that," Riku said. "You're not a failure at all."

"But I am," Florinda said. "The reason my Gloom won't evolve is because of me."

She started crying. Everyone started to feel sorry for her. Izzy looked at the Leaf Stone and picked it up. He looked at the stone very carefully and he made a pretty big gasp as he realized something.

"Propokus!" Izzy shouted out.

"Izzy?" Sora asked.

"Pikachu."

"What is it?" Sara asked.

"Florinda!" Izzy called out to her. "The reason that your Gloom won't evolve isn't because of you!"

Florinda looked at him not understanding what he had meant.

"What do you mean?" Florinda asked.

"The reason your Gloom won't evolve is beacuse this Leaf Stone is a fake!" Izzy proclaimed.

"A fake?!" Everyone exclaimed.

Elsewhere in Pallet Town, two men were packing up and laughing to themselves. It turns out that it was the Poké Bandits were at it again. They broke out of prison and carried on with their scamming ways.

Carl chuckled, "This phony Evolution Stone scam is working wonderfully."

"It sure is, Carl. But the one thing I would like to do is to get back at those kids who foiled our scam back on Scissor Street!" Frank said.

"When we do find those brats, we'll make them think twice before getting in our way!" Carl said.

The Poké Bandits both remembered the humiliation they endured by the hands of Sora and the Alolan nine; and not to mention the Litten as well.

"We can dwell on that another time. because we should get a move on before someone gets wise to us," Frank said.

"Good idea, Frank," Carl agreed.

They loaded up and drove down the road.

Back at the Xanadu Greenhouse, Florinda was just shocked to hear that she was handed a phony Leaf Stone.

"I just can't believe that I fell for it," Florinda said in disbelief. "Those two men assured that Gloom would evolve into a Vileplume."

"Two men? Can you describe them to us?" Kairi asked. Florinda described the two of them to the group. Everyone looked among themselves and set off to find the guys who sold her the fake Leaf Stone.

"They're probably looking for someone else to sucker," Kiawe said.

"Whoever is behind it won't get away with it," Matt said.

"No they won't," Cody agreed.

The Poké Bandits made a stop and looked for more stones to pass off as Evolution Stones. The group saw the two men searching. Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all recognized them.

"It's those guys again!" Sophocles recognized them.

"The Poké Bandits!" Sora said in a tone of anger.

Florinda gasped at the sight of them.

"Those are the ones who sold me the fake Leaf Stone," Lorinda said.

"They're probably up to their old tricks again," Kairi pointed out.

"Not really surprising," Sora agreed.

"I heard of those two. I heard something about them running a phony beauty parlor back on Scissor Street months ago," Joe said.

"You heard right, Joe. And we put a stop to it," Illima said. He still couldn't forgive them for trying to ruin Suzy's massage parlor back then.

"Then let's teach them a lesson they won't forget!" Sora proclaimed. Everyone agreed to that as they all rushed over to the scene. "Stop right there!" Sora called out. The Poké Bandits turned and gasped at the sight.

"Carl, look!" Frank exclaimed.

"It's those meddling kids again!" Carl recognized. "You sent us to prison!"

"And we're very pissed off at you for that!" Frank stated.

"For the record, you two jerks deserved it after that scam you ran; and how you duped so many people," Sora said.

"Well, it won't be the same this time! Ready Frank?" Carl asked taking out a Pokéball.

"Ready, Carl," Frank answered also taking out a Pokéball. "Muk! Go!" He threw his Pokéball letting out a Muk; but this Muk was different. It was mixture of bright color tones that consist of pink, green, and yellow; this gives Muk the appearance of an oil slick. In addition, crystals formed by solidified toxins cover most of Muk's mouth and hands that gives Muk the appearance of having claws and sharp teeth.

"You too, Persian!" Carl threw his Pokéball letting out a Persian, but this Persian is in a shade of gray However its most noticable distinction is its comically oversized spherical head, disproportionately large compared to its slimmer body. The gem on its head is now blue, and it has narrow, half-closed eyes and large rounded ears. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Alolan form Pokémon.

Muk Alolan Form, the Sludge Pokémon

The evolved form of Grimer Alolan Form

Type: Poison/Dark

The garbage it eats causes continuous chemical changes in its body, which produce its exceedingly vivid coloration.

Persian Alolan Form, the Classy Cat Pokémon

The evolved form of Meowth Alolan Form

Type: Dark

In contrast to its lovely face, it's so brutal that it tortures its weakened prey rather than finishing them off.

"Alolan Muk and Persian," Sora said putting his Pokédex away. "You guys aren't gonna get away with this!" Sora took out a Pokéball.

"That I can agree!" Riku said also taking out a Pokéball.

"Wait!" Florinda called out. "They conned me! I should deal with them!"

Sora and Riku looked at each other and nodded as they respected her decision.

"Okay," Riku nodded.

"Take them down several levels," Sora said.

"Are you ready, Gloom?" Florinda asked.

"Gloom, Gloom!"

"Count me in too, Florinda!" Potter said. She turned to see Lurantis with him. "Make it an even match!"

"So it's just the two of you!" Carl laughed. "This should be fun!"

"Sure will," Frank agreed. "Shall I have the honors of starting the battle, dear brother?"

Carl answered, "By all means, Frank."

"Thanks. Muk! Sludge Bomb!" Frank ordered as Muk fired a huge ball of Sludge at the Grass Types.

"Persian! Power Gem!" Carl ordered as his Persian fired a beam of energy from the jewel on its head.

"Gloom! Dodge it!" Florinda called out.

"You too, Lurantis!" Potter also ordered. Gloom and Lurantis jumped out of the way before the attacks could hit.

"Gloom, use Razor Leaf on Persian!" Lorinda ordered as Gloom fired Razor Leaf hitting the Dark Type.

"Lurantis! Use Leaf Blade!" Potter ordered as Lurantis's sickles emitted a green glow and charged towards the Alolan Muk. Both attacks hits their targets.

"Now use Dazzling Gleam!" Florinda called out as Gloom creates a rainbow colored sphere around its body and slams into Muk.

"Muk! Use Poison Fang!" Frank ordered as Muk's fangs glowed purple and headed towards Gloom.

"Lurantis! Solar Blade!" Potter ordered. Lurantis absorbs sunlight into itself and forms a large yellow ball of light above its head. Lurantis then raises one of its hands and turns the ball into a giant blade of yellow light. Lurantis then slams the blade down onto the opposing Pokémon.

"Wow! That was epic!" Ventus said.

"Yeah. Solar Blade is Lurantis's signature move," Lillie said.

"Agreed. Those two will have a hard time with those attacks," Izzy said.

"Gloom! Solar Beam!" Florinda ordered as Gloom started to absorb Sunlight.

The Poké Bandits knew all too well how powerful that attack is and they had to take out Lorinda's Gloom as soon as possible.

"Muk! Use Crunch on that Gloom now!" Frank ordered.

"Persian! You use Shadow Claw on that Gloom too!" Carl ordered.

Both Pokémon went off to take out her Gloom. Potter wasn't going to let it happen.

"Lurantis, Petal Blizzard!" Potter called out as Lurantis fired flower petals right at the opposing Pokémon. "Use Solar Blade again!" Lurantis absorbs sunlight into itself and forms a large yellow ball of light above its head. Lurantis then raises one of its hands and turns the ball into a giant blade of yellow light. Lurantis then slams the blade down onto the two Pokémon. Gloom fired Solar Beam right at Muk and Persian earning them a double knockout.

Carl gasped, "My Persian!"

Frank also gasped, "My Muk!"

"You two will pay for this!" Carl snarled.

Tai said taking out two Ultra Balls, "I don't think so. Drake! Dracaena! Go!" Tai's two Ultra Balls opens as they let out both of his Dragonite; stars swirls around Dracaena upon entry. "Drake! Thunderbolt! Dracaena! Ice Beam!" Both of his Dragonite fired their attacks at the Poké Bandits both shocking and freezing them. "Good work, guys!" Tai's Dragonite smiled as they nodded.

"Great work, Tai," Sora complemented.

"Thanks, Ketchum," Tai said.

A few minutes later, the police arrived and apprehended the Poké Bandits.

"We'll be back on the streets in two months!" Carl spat.

"We'll try to make it two thousand years," Officer Jenny said shutting the door as the truck drove off.

Everyone made it back to the Xanadu greenhouse. Everyone was complimenting and congratulating Florinda on her victory.

"You should be proud," Sora said. "You gave it everything you've got."

"You think so, Sora?" Florinda asked.

"He knows so," Riku said. Sora turned to him and sees him smiling. "You gave those crooks what they deserved. And you did it without making your Gloom evolve."

"Riku is right," Tai said. "Sometimes you don't need to evolve your Pokémon to prove yourself. When Ketchum and I battled, we both gave it what we had; and he still whooped me. Flame and my two Dragonite are awesome, but Ivysaur, Charmeleon, and Wartortle were nothing to sneeze at."

"Because of the love you gave your Gloom, she's even stronger than you think," Sora said.

Florinda smiled seeing how much Sora, Riku, and Tai's friends all agreed.

"You're right," Florinda said. "I wasn't sure if I was doing such a good job. And because of all of you, I have total confidence to run this greenhouse. And I won't do it alone." Sora and his friends all knew what she meant. Florinda walked up to Potter blushing like crazy. "I was wondering if you would be running my family's nursery with me?"

"Really?" Potter blushed. Florinda nodded to confirm it. "Well, if I'm going to be running it with you, I should tell you something. Something that's been on my chest for quite some time."

"What is it?" Florinda asked curiously.

"What I wanted to say is... I love you," Potter finally admitted to her. "I've loved you from the first time we've met; but I was afraid that you didn't have any feelings for me."

"I had those exact same fears. But now that we both know, we can make my family proud," Florinda said. Potter moved his head and gave her a sweet loving kiss and she kissed him back and they put each other's arms around each other. Everyone smiled warmly and sweetly at the now-to-be couple. Sora placed his arm around his girlfriend's shoulder.

"Good for them," Sora said.

"Sure is," Kairi agreed. She and Sora turned to each other. Both Sora and Kairi entered the greenhouse once again and picked up some flowers for his mother. He even placed some in Kairi's hair.

"A little something for you, Kairi," Sora said sweetly.

"Sora," Kairi said sweetly. She gave Sora a kiss on the lips. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, and the Alolan nine all said their goodbyes to Tai, Kari, Matt, TK, Sara, Izzy, Mimi, Joe, Davis, Ken, Cody, and Yolei for now and headed back. Naminé wanted to speak with Riku alone once they went back. Once they got back, they saw both Lea and Isa exhausted from all the gardening Sora's mother and Kairi's grandmother put them through while they were gone.

Lea panted, "Next time, when I decide to sign us up for hard labor; try to talk me out of it."

Isa panted, "Already way ahead of you." He looked over to Sora. "I could see why you didn't want to help out your mom in the garden today."

Over to Riku and Naminé, they were both alone.

"So, Naminé. What is it you wanted to talk to me about?" Riku asked.

"Well, it's about back at the greenhouse. When Potter confessed his feelings for Florinda; it got me thinking," Naminé said.

"Just know that I'm listening," Riku said.

"Well, what I always wanted to say to you is that from the day we met; right on that beach. I always knew I would feel so safe with you. You already know that I wanted to be with you. But the reason behind it is really this," Naminé said taking a very deep breath. "I love you, Riku." That made Riku go wide-eyed.

"Naminé," Riku said astounded.

"I just wanted you to know I love you, Riku," Naminé said.

"That's the way I felt about you, Naminé," Riku finally admitted. Naminé was in awe. Before she could say more, Riku gave Naminé a kiss on the lips and she kissed him back. Their kiss was just as passionate as Sora and Kairi's kisses. Eevee watched the both of them kiss and he smiled for his partner.

"Eevee!" Eevee called out grabbing their attention as they stopped kissing. Eevee went up to Riku and Naminé. "Eevee, Eevee."

Riku bent down and picked up Eevee.

"Thanks, Eevee. You're so very supportive, just like Pikachu is to Sora," Riku said. He looked at Naminé and kissed her again. Sora and Kairi were watching them kiss happy for their friends. They both knew at some point, they would have a double date at some point, but that would have to come some other time.