Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Indigo Plateau Final Round ( Chapter 80 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 80: Indigo Plateau Final Round

The final four battles of the Indigo Plateau Pokémon League was only a day away and Sora had a little trouble sleeping. Kairi came in and noticed he was still awake.

"Sora, why are you still awake?" Kairi asked.

"Just thinking about tomorrow," Sora answered.

Kairi walked over to Sora and sat on the bed he was on.

"You're not nervous again are you?" Kairi asked.

"Yeah I am," Sora admitted. She places her hand on his hand.

"Just do your best, Sora," Kairi said. "And you'll do fine."

Sora chuckled, "Where have I heard that before."

"And there's the Sora I know and love," Kairi said. She kissed him on the lips. "Better?"

"Always," Sora answered. "Thanks."

"Anytime," Kairi said. "Get some sleep and rest up."

"I will," Sora said. "Thanks again."

"Anytime," Kairi said.

Sora drifted off to sleep feeling better no longer feeling nervous. The very next day, Edgar had eliminated Louise and he will be moving on with the final round. The battle between Sora and Prince Wes was about to begin. Before the battle began, he switched Butterfree, Pidgeot, Kingler, Kommo-o and Sandslash with Decidueye, Arcanine, Muk, Toucannon, and Beedrill.

Up in the stands, Team Rocket were selling some food to the spectators.

"Hot dogs! Popcorn! Hamburgers! Get them while their hot!" Jessie cheerfully called out.

"Ice Cream! Get it while it's cold!" James cheerfully called out.

"Have some nice Soda pop! Wash it all down with some ice cold soda pop!" Meowth cheerfully called out.

"Ladies and gentlemen! The second battle of the finals is about to go underway!" The announcer announced. "The battle with royal majesty Prince Wesleyan Phillip de Orre from the Kingdom of Orre and Sora Ketchum from Pallet Town is about to begin! Whomever wins this will move on to the final battle!" Sora and Prince Wes enters the stadium. Sora and Pikachu are accompanied by Kairi, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua.

The Alolan nine, the twins, Delia, Kairi's grandmother, and Professor Oak are in the stands watching the battle about to begin.

"You think Sora will win this?" Kiawe asked.

"I think so," Mallow said.

"Yeah," Mina agreed.

"Me too," Acerola said.

"This battle will decide if he's ready for the final round," Illima said.

Sophocles, Lana, Hapu, and Lillie all agreed. Delia couldn't be any prouder of her son and impressed with how far Sora had went. She only wished that her husband was alive to see this. Kairi's grandmother remembered watching his Gym battle against Hayner and the other battles Sora had during the tournament. Tai, Takato, Takuya, and their friends were in the stands watching the battle about to begin.

"Sora! Give me everything you have! Just like you did with my fiance!" Prince Wes said.

"You too, Wes!" Sora called out.

The referee raises his flags and instructed, "Trainers! Choose your Pokémon and begin!" Prince Wes chooses his first Pokéball and threw it.

"Come to my aide, Butterfree!" Prince Wes said throwing his Pokéball. It lets out his Butterfree. Sora made his choice.

"Go for it, Beedrill!" Sora said as he took out his Pokéball and threw it. Beedrill buzzes upon entry.

"Prince Wesleyan has chosen Butterfree and Sora has chosen Beedrill as his first Pokémon! Sora's Beedrill looks like it's ready to sting if the prince isn't careful!" The announcer announced.

"Butterfree! Energy Ball!" Prince Wes ordered. Butterfree formed a ball of energy and fired to Beedrill.

"Beedrill! Dodge it!" Sora called out. Beedrill moved to the right before the attack could hit. "Now use Pin Missle!" Beedrill fired Beedrill's stingers glow white and shoot multiple small, white needles at Butterfree. The prince was very impressed. "Now move in with Poison Jab!" Beedrill flew towards Butterfree to deliver a venomous jab.

"Butterfree! Dodge it!" Prince Wes called out. Butterfree avoids Beedrill's Poison Jab. "I have to hand it to you, Sora. You did a good job raising your Beedrill. But it's going to take more than those attacks to take down my Butterfree. Now use Air Slash!" Butterfree's wings glows fires Air Slash towards Beedrill.

"Butterfree has sent out Air Slash! Beedrill is in trouble now!" The announcer announced.

"Beedrill! Dodge and use Fell Stinger!" Sora called out. Beedrill avoids Air Slash and flies towards the butterfly Pokémon. Beedrill's stingers glows light blue and uses them to deliver the finishing blow on Butterfree and causes heavy damage. Butterfree falls to the ground. The referee raises the green flag.

"Butterfree is unable to battle! Beedrill wins!" The referee announced.

"What a miracle on Sora's part! His Beedrill has finished off its opponent with no problem and increased its own power!" The announcer announced. Prince Wes calls back his Butterfree.

"Very impressive!" Prince Wes said smiling. He pulls out another Pokéball. "But this one will rock you!" He threw his Pokéball. "Golem! Come to my aide!" The Pokéball opens and lets out his Golem.

"Prince Wesleyan's second Pokémon is a Golem!" The announcer announced. "Is Sora make the switch or will he be sticking with his Beedrill?"

"Come back, Beedrill!" He calls back his Beedrill. He pulls out another Pokéball and threw it. "Go! Decidueye!" Sora threw it letting out Decidueye.

"Sora has chosen Decidueye! A smart move on his part!" The announcer announced.

"So, using a Grass Type Pokémon against my Golem is clever," the prince said. "Let's see how well you accomplish. Golem! Use Rock Blast!" Three rocks above Golem's head glow bright orange and its forehead glows silver. It then fires multiple silver rocks from its forehead at Decidueye. More rocks are thrown. The rocks come flying at Decidueye.

"Hurry Decidueye! Dodge it!" Sora called out. Decidueye flew out of the way before the rocks could hit.

"That was a close call! Rock Blast has missed!" The announcer announced. "But how will Sora respond?"

"Use Razor Leaf now!" Sora ordered. Decidueye threw Razor Leaf right at the megaton Pokémon. Due to Golem's size and speed, Golem couldn't dodge, so it got hot. "Now use Leaf Blade!" Decidueye moves in to hit Golem with Leaf Blade.

"Decidueye is running towards Golem like a samurai ready to strike at Golem! And this Rock Type is stuck between a rock and a hard place since it can't dodge the attack!" The announcer announced.

"Don't need to," the prince said. "Golem! Grab that Leaf Blade!" Golem holds out its hand and grabs Leaf Blade.

"Incredible! Golem has stopped that Leaf Blade clean just by grabbing it!" The announcer announced as Decidueye struggles to deliver Leaf Blade to the rocky Pokémon. "And these two are locked. It dosen't look like they're backing down!"

"Golem! Fire Punch!" Prince Wes ordered. Golem's fist emits fire and threw the punch right on Decidueye's left eye.

"Ooh! Golem had to deliver a burning black eye on Decidueye! But I doubt Sora will take that laying down!" The announcer announced.

"Got that right! Decidueye! But just to play it safe! Decidueye! Spirit Shackle!" Sora ordered. Decidueye fired an arrow and it strikes Golem in a small exlposion.

"Sora really isn't taking any chances here! He placed Spirit Shackle to keep the prince from changing Pokémon!" The announcer announced.

"Combine Razor Leaf with Ominous Wind!" Sora called out. Decidueye used both attacks at once. It picks up Golem with the power it's packing.

"Sora has his Decidueye use both Razor Leaf and Ominous to overwhelm Golem!" The announcer announced. Prince Wes had seen this one before. He remembered seeing it when Sora battled Princess Angela.

"Now fly into the twister!" Sora called out. Decidueye flew inside the twister and that caught Prince Wes by surprise.

"What is he trying to do?!" Prince Wes exclaimed.

Kairi was confused by that move. Riku, Naminé, Terra, and Aqua were just as confused. Ventus was unphased.

"I don't believe what I am seeing, ladies and gentlemen! Decidueye had just flown inside its own combination! What is he up to?!" The announcer asked. Golem flies in the tornado taking hits from both attacks.

"Leaf Blade!" Sora called out. Decidueye formed the green blade on his wings and flew towards Golem. Decidueye strikes Golem and flew out of the tornado. When it subsided, Golem falls to the ground beaten. The referee raises the green flag.

"Golem is unable to battle! Decidueye wins!" The referee announced.

"And Sora has taken down two of Prince Wesleyan's Pokémon!" The announcer announced. "Things are really heating up for Sora now!"

"Then let's turn up the heat!" The prince said taking out another Pokéball after calling back his Golem. "Rapidash! Come to my aide!" He threw his Pokéball letting out his Rapidash. His Rapidash whinnies upon entry.

"Prince Wesleyan has unleashed his Rapidash! That puts Sora in a hot place since Decidueye is a Grass Type Pokémon!" The announcer announced. Sora calls back Decidueye and pulls out another Pokéball.

"Okay, Muk! It's your turn!" Sora threw his Pokéball letting out his Muk.

"Muk, Muk."

The prince winced at the sight of the sludge Pokémon in front of him. He was surprised to see that he has a Pokémon like a Muk.

"Sora has chosen his Muk! That has to be an interesting choice on his part!" The announcer announced.

"Sora would have been better off with using one of his Water Types against that Rapidash. Or maybe Aerodactyl, Lycanroc, or any one of his Ground Types," Riku pointed out.

"You're right about that, Riku," Terra agreed. "But Sora has to do it his way."

"Rapidash! Use Flame Charge!" Prince Wes ordered. Rapidash charges towards Muk at burning speed covered in fire.

"Muk! Dodge and fire Sludge Bomb!" Sora called out. "Aim at the ground!" Muk fired a huge ball of purple sludge at the ground in front of the equine Pokémon and it slips. "Now fire Mud Bomb!" Muk opens his mouth and fires a glob of mud from his mouth at Rapidash. The fire horse Pokémon gets covered in mud.

"Rapidash has really gotten in the muck with Muk as it slips on its Sludge Bomb and then gets hit by Muk's Mud Bomb!" The announcer announced.

"That won't stop me! Rapidash! Use Fire Spin!" Prince Wes ordered. Rapidash fires a fire tornado and it traps Muk inside.

"It looks like Prince Wesleyan isn't taking chances either!" The announcer announced. "He trapped Muk in with Fire Spin just so Sora wouldn't switch Pokémon!"

"Now use High Horsepower!" Prince Wes ordered. Rapidash stands on its hind legs as its body becomes surrounded in an orange aura. It then charges at the sludge Pokémon to land a devastating blow.

"Now Rapidash is charging in with High Horsepower! Now it's Muk that's in the muck!" The announcer announced with a pun.

"Oh yeah? We'll see about that," Sora said smiling. "Muk! Dodge it!" Muk dodges just by jumping before Rapidash could land a hit. "Now use Sludge Wave!" Muk fires a huge wave of sludge at the horse Pokémon and gets covered in sludge. "Now finish it with Mud Bomb!" Muk fires Mud Bomb and it takes out Rapidash. The referee raises the green flag.

"Rapidash is unable to battle! Muk wins!" The referee announced.

"And that makes three Sora has taken down!" The announcer announced. "There will be a fifteen minute break for both trainers to rest up!" With that said, Sora calls back his Muk while Prince Wes had called back Rapidash.

"You're better than I thought, Sora," Prince Wes said. "But you will not be in the lead for long."

Inside the locker room, Sora was wiping off some sweat.

"Better than when Joey tried to get me by ganging up on me," Sora commented.

"Pika," Pikachu agreed.

"But I have a feeling he's leading you on," Riku pointed out. Sora, Kairi, Naminé, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua all looked at him. "Just saying."

"Vee."

"Well, whatever it is, it won't work, because Sora is gonna win!" Ventus said.

"Ven is right," Kairi agreed. "Sora is going to win after coming this far."

"Yeah. Prince Wes is good. But not good enough against me," Sora said. "But Riku is right too. Just gotta watch my step out there."

"That's using your head, Sora," Terra said.

"Just come out swinging," Naminé added.

"And the championship is good as yours," Aqua said.

With that said, Sora couldn't forget he had Kairi and the Alolan nine to back him up. Up at the stands the Alolan nine sat feeling proud of Sora's accomplishments during the battle. But Illima wasn't so sure.

"I have a suspicion that the prince may be leading Sora into something," Illima said. "Why else have half his team taken out?"

The rest of the Alolan nine and the twins all looked at him.

"You mean the prince is losing his other Pokémon on purpose just for the sixth one?" Sophocles asked.

"It wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't," Illima said.

"Illima might be right," Hapu said. "That prince is really something down there."

"What could it be that he couldn't wait to use on Sora?" Mallow asked.

"I don't know," Illima admitted. "But I think we should have to wait and see."

"Like we have a choice," Lana said.

Once the fifteen minutes were up, both trainers returned to their positions.

"Welcome back to the second half of the battle!" The announcer announced. "And to those who are just joining us on TV, Sora Ketchum from Pallet Town is leading at six to three! How will Prince Wesleyan make a comeback after three losses?" He took out a Great Ball and threw it.

"Gyarados! Go!" Prince Wes said. The Great Ball opens and lets out a Gyarados. His Gyarados lets out a loud roar upon entry.

"Prince Wesleyan has chosen Gyarados as his fourth Pokémon! Which Pokémon will Sora be sending out against his Gyarados?" The announcer asked. Sora looked over to Pikachu.

"Your turn, Pikachu," Sora said.

"Pika Pi!" Pikachu said giving a thumbs up. Pikachu runs to the battlefield.

"And Sora has sent out his Pikachu against Gyarados! Another smart decision on his part!" The announcer announced as Prince Wes smirked.

"I knew you'd send out Pikachu to deal with my Gyarados," Prince Wes said. "This won't be a walk in the park." The referee raises his flags.

"Resume the battle!" The referee announced.

"Pikachu! Electro Ball!" Sora ordered. Pikachu forms a ball of electricity and threw it at Gyarados. Prince Wes smirked some more.

"Hurricane!" Prince Wes ordered as Gyarados releases a strong gust of wind from its mouth cancelling out Electro Ball before the attack could hit.

"Gyarados has blocked out Electro Ball with Hurricane! What other tricks could the prince has up his sleeve?" The announcer asked.

"You will see," the prince said. "Gyarados! Rain Dance!" Gyarados roars as it forms a rain cloud and it began to rain.

"Gyarados has used Rain Dance! Could he trying to throw Sora off guard with the weather?" The announcer asked.

"Won't work! Pikachu! Use Quick Attack!" Sora ordered as Pikachu ran across the battlefield and charged into Gyarados. "Now smack it with Iron Tail!" Pikachu jumped up and ran onto Gyarados's back. When he reached Gyarados's head, Pikachu smacked the atrocious Pokémon on the side of the head. "Now use Thunderbolt!"

"Gyarados! Hurricane!" Prince Wes ordered. Gyarados created a tornado from the cloud and it trapped Pikachu inside.

"Pikachu!" Sora and Kairi shouted at once.

"Astounding! By using Rain Dance and Hurricane Gyarados has trapped Pikachu inside a tornado! How will Sora get himself out of this one?!" The announcer asked. Sora looked at the twister and got an idea.

"Pikachu! Can you hear me in there?!" Sora called out.

"PIKA!" Pikachu answered through the tornado.

"Good! Use Thunderbolt on the tornado!" Sora called out. Kairi, Riku, Naminé, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua were caught off guard with that. The prince shared their confusion.

"What is he trying to do?" Prince Wes asked.

Pikachu used Thunderbolt on the tornado and it created electric currents. With that successful, Sora had to the next phase of his plan to work.

"Pikachu is using Thunderbolt right on the tornado!" The announcer announced. "And it has electric currents running through it! What is he trying to do?!"

"Pikachu! Use Quick Attack on the electric currents!" Sora called out as Pikachu ran across them.

"Of course! I see what he's doing!" Professor Oak said. That caught the attention of The Alolan nine, Delia, and Kairi's grandmother.

"What?" Kiawe asked.

"What is Sora trying to do?" Lillie asked.

"Sora knew very much that water can conduct electricity," Professor Oak said. "So he's using the moisture of the combined Hurricane and Rain Dance to his advantage and judging by how much moisture is in there, there seems to be enough!" Professor Oak laughed. "I doubt even Gary would have thought of that!"

"I would think no less of my granddaughter's boyfriend," Kairi's grandmother said.

"My Sora got that cleverness from his father," Delia beamed. "He would be so proud!"

"Okay, Pikachu! Use Thunderbolt right in that rain cloud!" Sora ordered. Pikachu fired Thunderbolt right into the rain cloud. The cloud turned darker as it let out a huge bolt of yellow lightning and it strikes the battlefield. Pikachu ducks down with his tail sticking up.

"Sora has created a lightning storm and Pikachu is using its tail as a lightning rod!" The announcer announced.

Ventus started to beam as he stared at his cousin's partner as lightning struck Pikachu.

"So epic!" Ventus beamed.

With that lightning increasing Pikachu's power, Sora knew which move to finish off Gyarados with.

"Okay Pikachu! Electro Ball! And make it a big one!" Sora called out. Pikachu forms a ball of electricity, but it got larger and larger in each passing second until it reached its limit.

"I am not believing what I am seeing! Pikachu is creating a ball of electricity and he plans on letting it go!" The announcer announced. Prince Wes looked worried now as he knew what was coming. And Gyarados's Hurricane might not be able to stop it since it used up most of its energy. "Could it be all over for Gyarados?!"

"Ready! Aim! And SHOOT!" Sora called out. "Pikachu threw the oversized Electro Ball and went towards Gyarados. When the attack hits, Gyarados lets out a loud painful roar as electricity ran through its body. Gyarados falls to the ground in a daze and overwhelmed by the electric power unleashed. The weather returned to normal. The referee raises the green flag.

"Gyarados is unable to battle! Pikachu wins!" The referee announced.

"So much for Prince Wesleyan's comeback! Sora had taken out four of the prince's Pokémon while Sora hadn't lost one!" The announcer announced. The prince calls back his Gyarados.

"Not too bad, Sora!" Prince Wes said. "Not many would have did what you did! Taking advantage of the weather's moisture like that was genius!" Sora smiled at the complement. "But it isn't over yet!" He grabs another Pokéball and threw it. "Pidgeot! Go!" He threw his Pokéball and it lets out his Pidgeot. Sora knew Pikachu had an edge against Pidgeot, he saw how exhausted Pikachu was against Gyarados. He decided to make a switch.

"Come back, Pikachu!" Sora called to his partner. Pikachu ran back to Sora's side as he pulled out a Safari Ball and threw it. "Go, Arcanine!" The Safari Ball opens as Arcanine lets out a mighty cry entering the battle.

"Sora has switched with Arcanine! He might have stuck with Pikachu since Pikachu had the advantage!" The announcer announced.

"Arcanine! Use Flame Charge!" Sora called out. Arcanine charges at the bird Pokémon surrounded by fire.

"Pidgeot! You use Fly!" Prince Wes ordered as Pidgeot flew in the air and Arcanine misses the bird Pokémon. Pidgeot then comes diving back down and delivers a powerful hit. "Now use Gust!" Pidgeot flapped its wings creating a powerful cyclone sending Arcanine flying. "Aerial Ace!" Pidgeot flips backwards and zooms towards Arcanine delivering a pretty mean hit. Arcanine falls to the ground totally beaten. The referee raises the red flag.

"Arcanine is unable to battle! Pidgeot wins!" The referee announced.

"And the prince has finally taken down one of Sora's Pokémon! He might be making a comeback!" The announcer announced.

"Not for long," Sora said as he took out a Pokéball and threw it. "Beedrill! Go!" As Sora lets out his Bedrill, the bee Pokémon buzzes upon reentry.

"Sora sends Beedrill back out!" The announcer announced. "But Sora has put himself in a real pickle sending out a Bug Type against a Flying Type! What is he planning?"

"Beedrill! Poison Jab!" Sora called out. Beedrill lunged his stingers forward to land a terrifying sting.

"Pidgeot! Gust!" Prince Wes ordered. Pidgeot flaps its wings and sends Bedrill flying and hits the wall. The referee raises the red flag.

"Beedrill is unable to battle! Pidgeot wins!" The referee announced.

"Looks like the prince is making a comeback after all! He has taken out two of Sora's Pokémon!" The announcer announced. Sora calls Beedrill back and pulls out another Pokéball. "Which Pokémon will he send out next?" Sora threw his Pokéball.

"Okay Muk! Back to action!" Sora said as the Pokéball opens and lets out his Muk.

"And Sora has sent Muk back out to play! Will Sora put a stop to the prince's comeback or will Muk fall victim to Pidgeot's onslaught?" The announcer asked.

"Muk! Use Sludge Bomb!" Sora ordered. Muk fired Sludge Bomb out to the bird Pokémon.

"Pidgeot! Fly!" Prince Wes ordered as Pidgeot flew up into the air once again.

"Pidgeot has flown up into the air to avoid Muk's Sludge Bomb! It looks like the tables will turn on Muk!" The announcer announced.

Pidgeot dives towards Muk and lands a direct hit onto the sludge Pokémon. The prince smirked as he saw the look on Sora's face.

"Now Pidgeot! Gust! Maximum power!" Prince Wes ordered. Pidgeot flies around and creates a large twister and Muk goes flying. Once Muk was in the air, it was his chance to finish Muk off. "Aerial Ace!" Pidgeot flipped backwards and darted another direct hit. Muk falls to the ground knocked out. The referee raises the red flag.

"Muk is unable to battle! Pidgeot wins!" The referee announced.

"And that makes three down and three to go!" The announcer announced as Sora calls back Muk. He pulls out another Safari Ball. "Which one will it be now?"

"Toucannon Go!" Sora said throwing his Safari Ball. The ball opens and lets out Toucannon.

"And now Sora has unleashed Toucannon! Both trainers have pretty strong bird Pokémon!" The announcer announced. Sora noticed how exhausted Pidgeot was getting after knocking out three of his Pokémon. That gave Sora an idea.

"Toucannon! Flame Charge!" Sora ordered. Toucannon flew at a fiery speed towards Pidgeot.

"Pidgeot! Air Slash!" Prince Wes ordered. Pidgeot formed a light blue orb and fired as Air Slash took a bladed crescent form.

"Dodge it!" Sora called out as Toucannon had did a vertical flip while Flame Charge was still in use. Toucannon successfully landed a hit. "Now use Beak Blast!" Toucannon started to build up heat in his beak. The prince knew how bad a blow that would be if that struck. He had to do something about it.

"Pidgeot! Aerial Ace!" Prince Wes ordered. Pidgeot flips into the air and heads towards the toucan Pokémon, hoping to finish him off. Once Pidgeot got into striking range, Toucannon swung his heated beak with full force and struck Pidgeot hard. Pidgeot falls to the ground. Pidgeot struggles to get back up only for Sora to perform one more attack.

"Toucannon! Boomburst!" Sora ordered. Toucannon fired Boomburst from his beak sending Pidgeot into a wall. The referee raises the green flag.

"Pidgeot! Is unable to battle! Toucannon wins!" The referee announced.

"And Sora remains in the lead as Prince Wesleyan now has one Pokémon left to use!" The announcer announced. And that was Wes's moment of truth. He grinned as he called back his Pidgeot and pulled out another Pokéball.

"The moment that we have been waiting for," Prince Wes said. He threw it. "Let's go, Charizard!" Prince Wes's Pokéball opens as it lets out his Charizard, but it wore an Mega Stone around its neck like a necklace. The wavy stripe at the center was the same coloring as Charizard's flame. Sora winced at the stone.

"He's got a Mega Stone too?!" Sora exclaimed.

"And Prince Wesleyan's final Pokémon is his Charizard!" The announcer announced. "Will Sora take out this last Pokémon or will the prince be moving on to the final battle?"

"Charizard, the battle is almost lost; but for you: the battle is just beginning," Prince Wes said in his thoughts. He held the smaller stone and the two stones began glowing and Charizard began transforming. With the transformation completed, Charizard's new form has three pointed horns on the back of its head, the middle of which is longer. Its snout has larger fangs and a ridge on the nose. Its neck is shorter, but its torso is thinner and longer. It features longer digitigrade feet. Its hands are less developed, with extremely shortened fingers that are no longer separated each from the others. Small wings develop on its wrists, while the ones on its back become larger, lose the wing finger passing through their membrane and end up with ragged edges. The back of its tail has a large spike at the base and three smaller ones near the tip, which now burns with a longer flame.

"Prince Wesleyan's Charizard has Mega Evolved into Mega Charizard Y!" The announcer announced.

"Mega Charizard Y?" Sora asked.

"Pika?" Pikachu also asked.

"That means this Mega Charizard is much stronger than regular Charizard," Sora pointed out. "But no matter the challenge, we can overcome this! Right Pikachu?"

Pikachu nodded, "Pikachu!"

"That's what I wanted to hear!" Sora said. "Let's do this! Toucannon! Beak Blast!" Toucannon's beak started to heat up once again.

"Toucannon is once again building up heat inside of its beak! He must be doing what he did with Pidgeot!" The announcer announced.

"Not if I have anything to say about it!" Prince Wes said. "Use Heat Wave!" Mega Charizard Y lifts its head into the air and spreads its wings and then it brings its head down and flaps its wings, creating an orange gust of heat that is sent towards Toucannon.

"Mega Charizard Y has sent out Heat Wave to deal with Toucannon! And it's looking like a barbeque down there!" The announcer announced. Toucannon lays on the ground knocked out. The referee raises the red flag.

"Toucannon is unable to battle! Mega Charizard Y wins!" The referee announced.

"And that's four Pokémon the prince had eliminated!" The announcer announced. "What will Sora do against that behemoth?!" Sora calls back Toucannon and pulls out Decidueye's Pokéball.

"Okay Decidueye! Back to action!" Sora said throwing Decidueye's Pokéball. Decidueye enters the battle.

"And Sora had sent Decidueye back out! And Sora has a Type disadvantage on his hands!" The announcer announced.

"Decidueye! Ominous Wind!" Sora called out. Decidueye flapped his wings and blew Ominous Wind towards Mega Charizard Y. The Mega evolved Pokémon blocked the attack with its wings.

"Use Fire Blast!" Prince Wes ordered. Mega Charizard Y shot out Fire Blast and it heads towards Decidueye.

"Spirit Shackle!" Sora called out. Decidueye fired Spirit Shackle and it strikes Mega Charizard Y and Fire Blast hits Decidueye, and then falls to the ground beaten. The referee raises the red flag.

"Decidueye is unable to battle! Mega Charizard Y wins!" The referee announced.

"And now both trainers have one Pokémon left to use!" The announcer announced. Sora looked at Pikachu and both nodded. Pikachu runs onto the battlefield. "And now that Pikachu is on the battlefield, the final round is about to begin!"

Sora knew it wasn't gonna be easy since this is the first time he had battled against a Pokémon that can Mega Evolve. But he knew very well Decidueye's Spirit Shackle he Decidueye fire did some heavy damage on it before being taken out. Riku couldn't understand why he didn't tell Decidueye to dodge, but he figured Sora has something planned. He had to give it everything he had. Everything rested on his win to advance to the final round.

The Alolan nine were at the edge of the seats as they all knew this is the first time Sora is gonna deal with Mega Evolution.

"So that's it," Illima said. "I figured this was what the prince was leading him to."

"You were right all along," Acerola said.

"Just hope Sora is ready for this," Lana said.

"We all do," Kiawe said.

They all had to watch the final round of the battle begin. Sora had to give it everything he has. They all watched him in his Gym battles since Celadon City and they all know he will win this. They all had faith in him.

"Pikachu! Electro Ball!" Sora called out. Pikachu formed a ball of electricity and sent it towards Mega Charizard Y.

"Mega Charizard Y! Fire Blast!" Prince Wes ordered. Mega Charizard Y fired its Fire Blast and cancels out Electro Ball and heads to Pikachu.

"Pikachu! Dodge it! Quick Attack!" Sora called out. Pikachu ran across the battlefield and manages to avoid Fire Blast. Pikachu landed a hit in Mega Charizard Y in the gut. "Now use Iron Tail!" Pikachu swung at Mega Charizard Y with his tail and smacked it at its left cheek.

"Slash!" Prince Wes ordered. Mega Charizard Y swipes its claws to land a hit.

"Pikachu! Dodge it!" Sora called out. Pikachu jumps as Mega Charizard Y swipes and swipes and the attacks misses as Pikachu dodges out of the way. "Thunderbolt!" Pikachu shocks Mega Charizard Y dealing heavy damage.

"Heat Wave!" Prince Wes ordered. Mega Charizard Y sends out Heat Wave to Pikachu. Pikachu used his tail as a spring and jumped out of the way before Heat Wave could hit.

"Pika!"

"Pikachu! Electro Ball!" Sora called out. Pikachu forms a ball of electricity and sends it to Mega Charizard Y. The attack does hit. "Great! Electro Ball again!" Pikachu forms another ball of electricity and threw it to hit the Mega Evolved Pokémon.

"Mega Charizard Y! Heat Wave!" Prince Wes called out. Mega Charizard Y sends out Heat Wave. Both attacks collided with each other. It cteated a black smoke covering the stadium.

"Sparks are really flying here! These two are throwing everything at each other! Not one of is backing away!" The announcer announced. "If I didn't know better, I could have sworn they're enjoying this battle!"

Kairi knew the announcer was right because she could tell how much Sora was having fun with this battle. The same can be said for the prince. He was having fun with Sora. Both trainers knew only one of them was gonna go on.

"Pikachu! Jump onto Mega Charizard Y's back!" Sora called out. Pikachu jumped on and it tries to get the yellow mouse Pokémon off.

"Get Pikachu off your back!" Prince Wes called out.

"Now Pikachu is riding on Mega Charizard Y like it was a bronco! Ride 'em Pikachu!" The announcer announced.

"Yippe ki yay! Way to go, Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" Sora called out. Pikachu shocked Mega Charizard Y with full power. Pikachu got off just after Mega Charizard Y fell to the ground. Mega Charizard Y reverted back to normal as the referee raises the green flag.

"Charizard is unable to battle! Pikachu wins! Sora Ketchum from Pallet Town wins!" The referee announced. The crowd starts roaring.

"And there you have it! Sora Ketchum is now moving on to the Final Battle!" The announcer announced. Prince Wes and Sora walk up to each other giving each other a handshake. "And the two trainers shake hands!"

"Congratulations, Sora. You're even better than I imagined," Prince Wes said. "I truly enjoyed our battle."

"Thanks Wes," Sora said. "I did too!"

"I wish you luck against Edgar," Prince Wes said. "And I will be rooting for you."

"Now with two trainers left, the final battle of the Indigo Plateau Pokémon League will commence within three hours!" The announcer announced. "Both trainers will have to rest their Pokémon until then."

Edgar was watching the battle closely and he grinned.

"I knew we'd face each other in the final battle," Edgar said to himself. "I just hope you do well like you did like in our last battle."

Sora checked his Pokémon in the Pokémon Center and tried to decide what Pokémon to use against Edgar. Once they were healed, Sora decided to go with Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Nidoking and Nidoqueen.

Sora had stepped out of the Pokémon Center and sees Edgar standing there waiting for him. Edgar grinned and walked up to Sora.

"Well, Sora. It comes down to this," Edgar said.

"It does," Sora agreed. "Just before we battle out there; I just want to say may the best Pokémon trainer win." Edgar smiled.

"My thoughts exactly," Edgar said. "I will show you more of my power as long as you show me more of yours."

"And that's a deal," Sora said sealing the deal with a handshake. They parted ways knowing they're going to see each other on the battlefield.

The time had come for the final battle. The crowd was roaring with anticipation. Sora looked over to Pikachu as he, Pikachu, Togepi, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua walked into the stadium and Edgar doing the same.

"Ladies and gentlemen! The concluding battle of the Indigo Plateau Pokémon League is about to begin!" The announcer announced. All over the Kanto region, people were watching the battle being broadcasted on TV. At Porta Vista, Danny, Cattleya, Candy, Big Earl and the rest of the Bay of Burgers staff were watching it. Elsewhere, Duplica and her Ditto were walking by and saw Sora on the screen. Elsewhere, Tracey was in Saffron City and saw Sora on a TV screen outside a shop along with some other people. In Cerulean City, Harold was watching the battle on TV and smiled at the sight of Sora. In Pallet Town, Gary is in his living room watching the battle on TV. Over at Professor Oak's lab, Lea and Isa are watching the battle about to start as Poipole is out of the Beast Ball watching the battle with them. "Whomever shall win this shall be the champion of the Indigo Plateau Pokémon League! Will it be Sora Ketchum from Pallet Town or Edgar from Lumiose City? Both trainers will be using all six Pokémon each and the battle will be over if all six of either trainer's Pokémon are unable to battle!"

The referee raises his flags and instructed, "Trainers, choose your Pokémon and come out battling! Begin!"

Edgar took out his Pokéball and threw it, "Pikachu! Go!" Edgar's Pokéball opens and lets out his Pikachu.

"Pikachu!" Edgar's Pikachu said sounding more gruff unlike Sora's Pikachu. Sora wasn't surprised to see Edgar had a Pikachu of his own. So Sora looked at his own Pikachu.

"You ready to go, Pikachu?" Sora asked his partner.

"Pika!" Pikachu nodded.

"Go for it!" Sora said as his Pikachu went into the battlefield.

"Both trainers will be using a Pikachu! I can tell you that sparks will be flying!" The announcer announced. The two Pikachu looked at each other and Edgar's Pikachu just smirked. Kairi saw this before. She remembered when Sora had battled Ash's Pikachu. And how that ended. "Now we shall see which Pikachu will come out on top!"

"Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" Sora ordered as his Pikachu jumped in the air and fired Thunderbolt right at Edgar's Pikachu. The opposing Pikachu takes the attack like it was nothing.

"And it's a high-flying, high-voltage Thunderbolt attack from Sora's Pikachu, but Edgar's Pikachu is taking every jolt and every volt!" The announcer announced. Edgar's Pikachu shook it off. "Despite the super shock, Edgar's Pikachu is still standing strong!"

"Pikachu! You use Thunderbolt as well!" Edgar ordered. Edgar's Pikachu fired Thunderbolt right at back at Sora's Pikachu.

"Now Edgar's Pikachu's thundering Sora's Pikachu, but this Pikachu proves it can take the heat!" The announcer announced.

"Pikachu! Electro Ball!" Sora ordered. Sora's Pikachu forms a ball of electricity and hurls it towards Edgar's.

"Pikachu! Use Electeoweb!" Edgar ordered. Edgar's Pikachu forms an orange-yellow orb of electricity and fires it. The orb turns into a electric web. It collides with Electro Ball and causes an explosion.

"And here is what I meant by sparks flying! Something's gotta give!" The announcer announced.

"Electroweb again!" Edgar ordered. Edgar's Pikachu fired the Electroweb right towards Sora's.

"Pikachu! Get out of there!" Sora called out. Sora's Pikachu tries to get away, but the Electroweb came too quick for Sora's Pikachu to get away.

"Sora's Pikachu now looks like a fly caught in a spiderweb as it gets caught inside of Electroweb. Edgar may have won this round!" The announcer announced.

"Pikachu! Try to break out of the web!" Sora called out. Sora's Pikachu tries very hard to break free.

"Pikachu! Use Quick Attack now!" Edgar ordered as his Pikachu ran towards Sora's Pikachu and he goes flying out of the web. "Keep using Quick Attack!" Edgar's Pikachu ran across the battlefield. It turns to make another strike at Sora's Pikachu with full force.

"Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" Sora ordered. Sora's Pikachu fired Thunderbolt right at Edgar's Pikachu.

"Sora is trying a different approach!" The announcer announced. Sora's Pikachu fired Thunderbolt and Edgar's Pikachu dodges the attacks. "Edgar's Pikachu dodges Sora's Pikachu's Thunderbolt and keeps on coming!"

"Pikachu! Electroweb now!" Edgar ordered. Edgar's Pikachu fires Electroweb right at Sora's Pikachu hoping to trap his Pikachu again. Sora wasn't fooled with that one.

"No you don't! Pikachu! Dodge it with Quick Attack!" Sora ordered. Sora's Pikachu ran pass Electroweb just before the electrified web could hit.

"Let's match speed for speed! Quick Attack!" Edgar called out. Both Pikachu ran across the battlefield matching their speed. Both Pikachu collides with each other as they both used Thunderbolt right at the same time.

"Those two are really turning up the juice!" The announcer announced. Edgar's Pikachu had started to lose its edge and Sora's Pikachu landed on top of Edgar's Pikachu. It turns out that Edgar's Pikachu had taken more damage from Sora's.

"Now finish it with Iron Tail!" Sora ordered. Pikachu got ready to swing at Pikachu with Iron Tail. Edgar's Pikachu didn't have enough reaction time and gets struck by Pikachu's Iron Tail before Edgar could do anything about it. The opposing Pikachu was knocked out as the referee raises the green flag.

"Edgar's Pikachu is unable to battle! Sora's Pikachu wins!" The referee announced.

"And that ends the Pokémon mirror match as Sora's Pikachu has proven to have a much more shocking impact!" The announcer announced.

"Pikachu, return!" Edgar said calling back his Pikachu. "Not too bad, Sora." He took out another Pokéball. "Now let's see how well you deal with this one. Steelix! Go!" Edgar threw his Pokéball letting out his Steelix.

"For his second Pokémon, Edgar has chosen Steelix, A Steel Type and a Ground Type. Edgar has made a wise move to counter his opponent's Pikachu!" The announcer announced. "Let's see how Sora responds."

"You should rest up for now, Pikachu," Sora said.

"Sora is recalling his Pikachu for a well-deserved rest!" The announcer announced. Sora thought of using either Charizard or Blastoise against Steelix. Sora decided to go with Blastoise just to play it safe, then have Charizard put in as backup.

"Let's go, Blastoise!" Sora said throwing his Pokéball letting out Blastoise.

"Blastoise!"

"Sora has chosen Blastoise against his Steelix and taking advantage of Type weaknesses!" The announcer announced. Edgar wasn't surprised that he had sent out a Water Type against his Steelix.

"I figured you would use a Water Type against my Steelix because of Steelix being a Ground Type," Edgar said. "Or a Fire Type, A Ground Type, or a Fighting Type because its a Steel Type. But Type alone won't save you."

"Even though Blastoise has the advantage in Type, Steelix doesn't look intimidated!" The announcer announced.

"Blastoise! Water Pulse!" Sora called out as Blastoise forms a ball of water and got ready to hurl it at Steelix.

"Steelix! Dodge it with Dig!" Edgar ordered. Steelix digs underground before Water Pulse could hit the iron snake Pokémon.

"With lightning speed, Steelix has avoided Blastoise's Water Pulse and burrowed beneath the battlefield!" The announcer announced. Sora knew Steelix will jump out at any moment. He had to think of something fast. "It would seem Steelix has taken the advantage as Blastoise anxiously awaits its reappearance!" Sora saw the hole Steelix used and got an idea."Blastoise! Fire Hydro Pump into that hole! Force that Steelix to resurface!" Sora called out. Blastoise nodded and headed to the hole to get Steelix to come out. Edgar grinned as he saw what he was trying to do.

"So using Hydro Pump to force my Steelix out of the earth, are you?" Edgar asked. "Good idea, but you have your hopes way too high. Steelix! Now!"

Just when Blastoise got close to the hole Steelix made, Steelix pops out of the ground and sends Blastoise into the air.

"Steelix has smashed through stunning Blastoise and sending it flying!" The announcer announced.

"Blastoise! Flash Cannon!" Sora ordered.

"Steelix! Bind!" Edgar ordered. Steelix wraps its body around Blastoise and stopping him from using Flash Cannon.

"Steelix is putting the squeeze on Blastoise! Blastoise is squirming, but it can't seem to use its cannons!" The announcer announced. Sora figured if Blastoise can't use his cannons, then he'll use Aqua Jet to get out.

"Aqua Jet!" Sora ordered. Blastoise's body became surrounded by water and goes flying out of Steelix's grip. Steelix had let go as soon as the water touched its body.

"And Steelix has lost its grip over Blastoise as it broke loose by escaping with Aqua Jet!" The announcer announced.

"Steelix! Use Dig to get away from Blastoise's Aqua Jet!" Edgar called out. Steelix tries to do exactly that, but Blastoise came too fast for Steelix and got a clean hit from the large turtle Pokémon.

"Blastoise's Aqua Jet has stopped Steelix cold! Now Steelix's chances has really gotten wet!" The announcer announced.

"Okay, Blastoise! Flash Cannon!" Sora ordered. Blastoise fired Flash Cannon right at Steelix. The iron snake Pokémon gets hit by the devastating attack and falls to the ground beaten. The referee raises the green flag.

"Steelix is unable to battle! Blastoise wins!" The referee announced.

With that done, Kairi and Ventus had cheered as Sora had taken down two of Edgar's Pokémon.

"That is the second consecutive defeat for Edgar!" The announcer announced. Edgar chuckles.

"Using Aqua Jet to break through Steelix's Bind was truly something," Edgar said smiling. "But no matter. I still have plenty of fun tricks to use on him." Edgar laughs as he calls back Steelix. He pulls out another Pokéball and threw it. "Let's go, Gengar!" His Pokéball opens and lets out Gengar.

"Edgar has chosen Gengar as his third Pokémon!" The announcer announced. Sora calls back Blastoise. "Now which Pokémon will Sora send out next?" It didn't take him long to decide which one to use. He pulls out his next Pokéball and threw it.

"It's your turn, Nidoking!" Sora said as his Pokéball lets out Nidoking. Edgar looked at his Nidoking with interest seeing his horns and spikes marked green. But, at the same time, he knew Gengar was at a Type disadvantage once again because Gengar is a Poison Type Pokémon as well.

"Sora has sent out his Nidoking! And judging by Type, he has the advantage!" The announcer announced.

"Okay Nidoking! Use Earth Power!" Sora ordered. Nidoking's outline flashes yellow and he slams his fist into the ground. Glowing gold cracks then travel at theghost Pokémon.

"And Sora fires Earth Power and it looks very bad for Gengar!" The announcer announced.

"Gengar! Jump now!" Edgar ordered. Gengar jumps out of the way before the attack could hit.

"Gengar springs to safety and escapes the Earth Power attack! Now that Gengar is in the sky, ground attacks are useless, and Nidoking is in trouble!" The announcer announced.

"Confuse Ray!" Edgar ordered. Gengar's eyes glows light blue and sends out a golden ray towards Nidoking. When it hit, Nidoking became confused. Nidoking looks around. Then starts running around.

"That Confuse Ray is working and Nidoking is running wild!" The announcer announced.

"Nidoking! Come back!" Sora said calling Nidoking back.

"Sora had no choice but to recall Nidoking and pick another Pokémon!" The announcer announced.

Sora wasn't going to call it quits yet. He had to go with his next one. He picked a Pokéball and threw it.

"Let's go Nidoqueen!" Sora said letting out Nidoqueen. Edgar was impressed as he saw the red markings on Nidoqueen, just like that Nidoking had the green markings.

"And Sora has switched Nidoking with a Nidoqueen!" The announcer announced. "Talking about a royal package!"

"Gengar! Use Shadow Ball!" Edgar ordered. Gengar formed a ball of shadow and threw it towards Nidoqueen.

"Nidoqueen! Dodge it and use Drill Run!" Sora ordered. Nidoqueen rotates her body and goes towards Gengar.

"Gengar! Stop that Nidoqueen with Dark Pulse!" Edgar ordered. Gengar fired Dark Pulse towards Nidoqueen. The attack cuts through Dark Pulse and hits its mark on Gengar.

"Ooh! And that's a direct hit! Nidoqueen had bulldozed through Gengar's Dark Pulse and hit its mark!" The announcer announced. Gengar goes flying to the ground.

"Destiny Bond!" Edgar ordered. Gengar's eyes glows purple as a similar purple aura surrounds Nidoqueen. Once Gengar was down and out, Nidoqueen fell to the ground as well.

"Gengar had used Destiny Bond and had taken its opponent with it!The announcer announced. The referee raises both flags. "Both Pokémon are down and out!"

"Gengar and Nidoqueen are both unable to battle! This round is a draw!" The referee announced.

"Come on back, Nidoqueen," Sora said calling back his Nidoqueen. "You did great, Nidoqueen. You should rest up."

"You return too, Gengar," Edgar said calling back Gengar. "Good work. You've earned a good rest." Edgar smiled as he looked at Sora. "This battle is getting better than I expected." Edgar chuckles.

"Well, Sora may not have won that round, but he has taken out three of Edgar's Pokémon in a row!" The announcer announced. "And there will be a fifteen minute time-out for both trainers to rest up since Sora had eliminated three Pokémon."

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua stepped into the locker room. Sora wiped away some sweat.

"Man, that was something," Sora said.

"You took out three of his Pokémon and Edgar is nothing to sneeze at," Riku said. "After we saw him mop the floor with Gary."

"Edgar is really giving it everything he's got," Sora said. "And I think he's just gonna give me a whole lot more."

Kairi, Riku, Naminé, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua all agreed. Terra, Ventus, and Aqua all remembered witnessing his skills.

"I know you can beat him again, Sora," Kairi said. She kisses Sora on the cheek for luck. Sora then gave Kairi some kisses on the lips.

"For extra luck," Sora said.

"Sora," Kairi said blushing.

Once fifteen minutes were up, Both trainers returned to their positions.

"And now it's time for the second half of the final round of the Indigo Plateau Pokémon League, and these two young trainers are set for action!" The announcer announced. "Edgar has three Pokémon left to use while Sora is leading by five!" The referee raises his flags.

"Resume the battle!" The referee instructed.

"It's now your turn, Dragonite!" Edgar said throwing his Pokéball. The Pokéball opens and lets out his Dragonite.

"Edgar has chosen Dragonite as his fourth Pokémon! And judging by how it looks, Dragonite is a hard nut to crak!" The announcer announced.

Sora had to think hard on how to win against Dragonite. He looked at that Dragonite and thought about using Charizard since he knows Dragon Claw, but he had to try something else.

"Back to action, Nidoking!" Sora said throwing his Pokéball and letting out his Nidoking.

"And Nidoking gets a second chance to make up by battling Dragonite! Nidoking looks rested and ready to rumble!" The announcer announced.

"Okay Nidoking! Move in with Horn Attack!" Sora called out. Nidoking charges towards the dragon Pokémon.

"Dragonite! Ice Beam!" Edgar ordered. Dragonite fired Ice Beam right at Nidoking.

"Nidoking! Dodge and use Drill Run!" Sora called out. Nidoking avoids Ice Beam, and it was so close! Nidoking starts spinning his whole body.

"That was a close call for Nidoking! Sora has his Nidoking do a Drill Run to avoid Dragonite's ice cold Ice Beam!" The announcer announced.

"Now use Megahorn!" Sora ordered. Nidoking's horn glows white, as it hits Dragonite hard.

"And Nidoking strikes Dragonite hard with a Megahorn attack! I'd say ouch for Dragonite!The announcer announced.

"So that Drill Run was a trick," Edgar said. He smirked. "Not bad, Sora. But not good enough. Dragonite! Flamethrower!" Dragonite fires Flamethrower and does a direct hit on Dragonite.

"Drill Run again!" Sora called out. Nidoking's whole body spins around and it goes through Dragonite's Flamethrower.

"Nidoking is drilling through Dragonite's Flamethrower!" The announcer announced.

"Now use Horn Attack!" Sora ordered. Nidoking's strikes Dragonite hard and the dragon Pokémon falls to the ground hard.

"And it looks like Dragonite is down and out!" The announcer announced. Dragonite lays on the ground in a total daze. The referee raises the green flag.

"Dragonite is unable to battle! Nidoking wins!" The referee announced.

"And that makes four Pokémon taken down! Edgar is really on the ropes now!" The announcer announced. "Which one will Edgar send out now?" Edgar calls back his fallen Dragonite and he became impressed by Sora's skills. He remembered the first battle he had with him so very well.

"That was very amazing, Sora!" Edgar said to him. "Not many trainers would have taken down Dragonite, one of my strongest Pokémon down like you just did!" He pulls out another Pokéball. "Now it's going to be Electivire!" Edgar sends put his Electivire into the battle.

"And that is an unusual choice for Edgar since he is now sending out Electivire! Nidoking has the advantage here in Type!" The announcer announced. Sora had saw how exhausted Nidoking was getting after dealing with Dragonite.

"Better make the switch," Sora said taking out Nidoking's Pokéball. "Come on back, Nidoking!" Sora said calling Nidoking back.

"Sora is changing Pokémon! Now what will he send out next?" The announcer asked.

Sora thought for a moment, and figured Electivire had some tricks at its disposal. He figured one which one to go with.

"It's your turn now, Venusaur!" Sora threw his Pokéball letting out Venusaur.

"Saur!"

"And Sora has sent out Venusaur! And it dosen't look like Electric Type attacks won't do much damage on a Grass Type like Venusaur!" The announcer announced.

"Electivire! Thunderbolt!" Edgar ordered. Electivire fires Thunderbolt right at Venusaur and it does little damage to Venusaur.

"Venusaur shakes off the shock! Sora has really thought this one through!" The announcer announced.

"Now use Razor Leaf!" Sora ordered. Venusaur fires Razor Leaf right towards the electric Pokémon. Electivire takes damage, but builds up electricity to reduce the damage.

"Now use Fire Punch!" Edgar ordered. Electivire's fist emits fire and lands a devastating hit on Venusaur. "Now finish it with Ice Punch!" Electivire's fist emits ice and lands a chilling Ice Punch on Venusaur. The grass Pokémon falls to the ground beaten. The referee raises the red flag.

"Venusaur is unable to battle! Electivire wins!" The referee announced.

"Electivire short-circuits Sora's Venusaur! Edgar has taken out two of Sora's Pokémon! The announcer announced. "Now Sora will have to try something to put a stop to the shocks!"

"Return, Venusaur!" Sora said calling Venusaur back. "Good job, Venusaur."

"Now the heat is on for Sora!" The announcer announced.

"Heat it is, then," Sora said taking out another Pokéball. "Move on in, Charizard!" Sora lets out Charizard.

"And Sora has sent out Charizard! But will Sora lose this one like he did with Venusaur and Nidoqueen? Or will he stay in the lead in this fierce battle?" The announcer asked.

"Charizard! Flamethrower!" Sora ordered. Charizard fires Flamethrower right at Electivire.

"Dodge it and use Thunder Punch!" Edgar ordered. Electivire jumps and threw a lighting fast Thunder Punch on Charizard.

"Electivire connects first with a devastating Thunder Punch!" The announcer announced. "Charizard is cooling off quick as Edgar grabs the early advantage!"

"Hang in there, Charizard!" Sora called out.

"Thunderbolt!" Edgar ordered. Electivire sends Thunderbolt right at Charizard taking damage.

"Sora better come up with something fast, or I hope he likes his Charizard extra crispy!" The announcer announced.

"Charizard! Flamethrower!" Sora ordered. Charizard fires Flamethrower right at Electivire stopping his opponent from using Thunderbolt.

"A scorching response from Charizard who grounds Electivire with a searing counterattack!" The announcer announced.

"That Charizard is even more impressive than I thought," Edgar said in his thoughts.

"Now move in with Dragon Claw!" Sora ordered. Charizard flies in the air and moves in to deliver a Dragon Claw to Electivire.

"Electivire! Thunder Punch!" Edgar ordered. Electivire threw Thunder Punch to Charizard's Dragon Claw. Both cancel each other out.

"Now use Fire Fang!" Sora called out. Charizard's fangs emits fire and delivers a burning bite on Electivire's right arm. The attack came too quick for Electivire to respond. "Now use Dragon Claw!" Charizard swipes at Electivire and the thunder bolt Pokémon falls to the ground exhausted. The referee raises the green flag.

"Electivire is unable to battle! Charizard wins!" The referee announced.

"And there you have it! Sora has taken down five out of six Pokémon of Edgar's!" The announcer announced. "Now Sora is one victory away from winning the Indigo Plateau Pokémon League! But what does Edgar have in store for him?" Edgar grins as he chuckles.

"Not bad, Sora! Out of all the opponents I dealt with in this competition, you are the most worthy! And for you, I have saved the best for last." Edgar calls back Electivire and pulls out another Pokéball.

"Go, Blastoise!" Edgar said throwing his Pokéball. Edgar's Blastoise enters the battle.

"And Edgar has sent out his Blastoise as his final Pokémon! It looks like there's something he wants to use on Sora just he did with Gary Oak!" The announcer announced.

"I knew he was saving his Blastoise for last," Sora said in his thoughts. "He's planning to use Mega Evolution on me just like he did with Gary."

Kairi, Riku, Naminé, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua all knew what was coming. Up in the stands, the Alolan nine, the twins, Delia, Kairi's grandmother, and Professor Oak were amazed and proud by Sora's feats.

"How much do you wanna bet he's gonna use the same trick on him like he did Gary?" Hapu asked.

"More than a million," Kiawe said.

"Me too," Mina said.

"I do not doubt Edgar has been saving his Blastoise for last," Illima said. "Sora will not find it easy."

"Charizard! Wing it with Wing Attack!" Sora called out. Charizard charges towards Blastoise with his wings ready to strike.

"Blastoise! Dodge it!" Edgar ordered. His Blastoise moves to the right. Edgar took out the Mega Stone he was holding and held it. The two stones glows at once as Blastoise Mega Evolves into Mega Blastoise.

"I was afraid of this," Sora said.

"Pika," Pikachu agreed.

"Mega Blastoise! Hydro Pump!" Edgar ordered.

"Charizard! Dodge it! Quickly!" Sora called out. Charizard flew in the air as Mega Blastoise fired its water attack to hit the flying fire Pokémon.

"Mega Blastoise! Keep firing Hydro Pump!" Edgar ordered. Mega Blastoise did keep firing Hydro Pump.

"Charizard dodges Hydro Pump with an impressive air force!" The announcer announced.

"Don't let it get away! Water Pulse!" Edgar ordered as Mega Blastoise threw Water Pulse right at Charizard. This Water Pulse is much stronger than normal. Charizard fires back with Flamethrower. "Dragon Pulse!" Mega Blastoise unleashed a powerful Dragon Pulse attack and it strikes Charizard hard.

"OH! That Dragon Pulse has dealt heavy damage to Charizard!" The announcer announced as Charizard is still barely standing. "It looks like Sora's Charizard isn't ready to call it quits just yet!"

"Flamethrower! Full Power!" Sora ordered. Charizard starts to build up power to launch at Mega Blastoise.

"Dragon Pulse!" Edgar ordered. Both Pokémon launched their attacks and collides resulting in an explosion.

"Both Flamethrower and Dragon Pulse hit home and both Pokémon appear to be shaken!" The announcer announced. Both Pokémon were getting exhausted. "This match can be over at any moment!" Charizard falls on his back completely worn out. The referee raises the red flag.

"Charizard is unable to battle! Mega Blastoise wins!" The referee announced.

"Sora's Charizard is down and out! Both attacks drained both Pokémon, but Mega Blastoise has managed to hold on!" The announcer announced.

Sora wasn't the only one who saw how exhausted Mega Blastoise was getting. Kairi saw how much Mega Blastoise got worn down. Sora calls Charizard back.

"I knew you were tiring Mega Blastoise when you battling," Kairi said in her thoughts. "The rest of your Pokémon will have to work as a team to take him down." Sora pulls out another Pokéball and threw it.

"Back to action, Blastoise!" Sora said letting Blastoise out.

"And Sora has sent out his Blastoise back out! I wonder how this'll go!" The announcer announced.

"Hydro Pump!" Sora ordered. Blastoise fired Hydro Pump from his cannons.

"Mega Blastoise! You use Hydro Pump too!" Edgar ordered. Mega Blastoise shot Hydro pump right at Blastoise and they both get hit.

"Both Blastoise and Mega Blastoise tags each other with bullseye blasts! But the regular Blastoise's battle with Steelix had softened the Water Type!" The announcer announced.

"Dragon Pulse!" Edgar ordered as Mega Blastoise sends Dragon Pulse towards Blastoise and explodes on contact. Once the smoke cleared, Blastoise falls on his belly completely worn put. The referee raises the red flag.

"Blastoise is ununable to battle! Mega Blastoise wins!" The referee announced.

"And now Sora has two Pokémon remaining! Which two will Sora send back out?" The announcer asked.

"Back to action, Nidoking!" Sora said throwing his Pokéball letting out Nidoking.

"Sora chooses Nidoking, but we'll have to wait and see if it's recovered from that brutal battle with Dragonite!" The announcer announced.

"I know you're tired, but I really need you! Drill Run!" Sora called out as Nidoking rotates his body and charges towards Mega Blastoise.

"Mega Blastoise! Headbutt!" Edgar ordered as Mega Blastoise runs towards Nidoking lowering his head to deliver Headbutt.

"Nidoking! Just stand there!" Sora ordered as Nidoking stops and grabs Mega Blastoise once he got into arm's reach. Nidoking lifts Mega Blastoise in the air. "Great! Now send it flying!" Nidoking threw Mega Blastoise on ththe back of his shell and quickly gets back on his feet.

"Mega Blastoise is down, but it's far from out!The announcer announced.

"Hydro Pump now!" Edgar ordered as Mega Blastoise fired Hydro Pump right at Nidoking and the water attack had Nidoking knocked out.

"Nidoking is stopped in its track by a superpowered Hydro Pump!" The announcer announced. The referee raises the red flag.

"Nidoking is unable to battle! Mega Blastoise wins!" The referee announced.

"Incredible! Mega Blastoise has taken down three of Sora's Pokémon and both are down to one left!" The announcer announced. "Which one will win the tournament and walk away a winner?" Sora calls back Nidoking and smiles.

"I'm proud of you, Nidoking," Sora said. "You did great!" He looks over to his partner. "It's all up to you now, Pikachu."

"Pika," Pikachu nodded.

"Sora has sent back out Pikachu! Has it recharged its batteries after that battle with that other Pikachu or is it running too low to power to defeat Mega Blastoise?" The announcer announced.

"Here it is," Mallow said.

"Everything depends on this final round," Lillie said.

"Sora has worked hard to make it this far," Professor Oak said. "He simply cannot afford to lose this round."

"Win or lose, Sora, you're always a winner to me!" Delia called out to her son.

"Move on in, Pikachu!" Sora called out.

"Pika!" Pikachu shouted ready to battle Mega Blastoise.

"Mega Blastoise, let's go!" Edgar called out as Mega Blastoise was just as ready.

"Pikachu! Quick Attack!" Sora called out as Pikachu fan across the battlefield.

"Mega Blastoise! Stop that Pikachu!" Edgar ordered. Mega Blastoise swung at Pikachu with his right arm and sends Pikachu flying.

"Whoa! Just a flick of its arm and Mega Blastoise sends Pikachu flying skyward!" The announcer announced. Pikachu lands on his back.

"Pikachu, I know you can do it!" Sora said. "I have faith in you! We've been through everything together!"

"Dragon Pulse!" Edgar ordered as Mega Blastoise sends out an extremely powerful Dragon Pulse attack towards the mouse Pokémon. Pikachu uses his tail to jump. He hoped that it'll be fast enough to avoid the attack. Pikachu jumps into the air and Dragon Pulse misses before the attack could hit.

"Unbelievable! Pikachu used its tail as a springboard to escape the Dragon Pulse!" The announcer announced. "Pikachu has bounced back and Mega Blastoise dosen't look bouncy!"

"Pikachu! Iron Tail!" Sora ordered as Pikachu strikes at Mega Blastoise with his metallic tail. And then grabs hold of the cannon on his shell. Mega Blastoise tries to shake off Pikachu, but he just held on tight.

"Try as it may, the exhausted Mega Blastoise can't shake off Pikachu!" Sora knew very well, Pikachu couldn't hold for much longer, so he had to act very fast.

"Thunderbolt! Now!" Sora called out. Pikachu gives Mega Blastoise a shock that he won't forget.

"Pikachu lights into Mega Blastoise with a tremendous Thunderbolt!" The announcer announced. Once Pikachu was finished shocking Mega Blastoise, the mouse Pokémon slips off and the two Pokémon stare into each other panting as they both used so much energy. The stare down continues on until Mega Blastoise falls on his back and reverts back to normal. Sora, Kairi, Riku, Naminé, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua all gasped at the sight. The Alolan nine, the twins, Delia, Kairi's grandmother, and Professor Oak all shared their shock. Tai, Takato, Takuya, and their friends were just as shocked. The referee raises the green flag.

"Blastoise is unable to battle! Pikachu wins! And the winner of the Indigo Plateau Pokémon League is Sora Ketchum from Pallet Town!" The referee announced.

The crowd starts roaring as they all cheered as Sora had won it. Tracey was amazed by Sora's victory and he smiles. Harold was at the edge of his seat as he was watching the match on TV. Danny, Candy, Big Earl, and the rest of the restuarant staff were cheering over Sora had won it. Cattleya was in tears feeling so proud of her nephew. Lea and Isa shouted with excitement as they started to celebrate Sora's victory. Poipole even joined the teens for the celebration. Even Gary was amazed by what he saw.

"I don't believe it," Gary said. "Sora actually won the competition. I never thought I'd say this, but he's a pretty good trainer. But he won't last long against me when I battle him." With that said, Gary turns off the TV.

Back at the Indigo Plateau, The Alolan nine and the twins all cheered along the crowd as they were proud of their friend for winning.

"He did it!" Kiawe, Sophocles, and Illima said.

"He did it!" Mallow, Lana, the twins, Lillie, and Acerola said.

"He did it!" Mina said.

"You bet you paint he did!" Hapu said.

Delia was in tears feeling so proud for his win. Kairi's grandmother was very proud as well. Professor Oak just smiled.

"Well done," Professor Oak said.

Sora walks over to Pikachu and picks up his partner.

"You're the best, buddy," Sora said.

"Pikachu," Pikachu beamed.

Edgar calls back his fallen Blastoise and he applauds along with the crowd. He walks up to Sora and places his hand on his shoulder.

"Well done, Sora. You should be so proud," Edgar said. "You have proven to me that you deserved to win!"

"Thanks Edgar," Sora said. "You're an awesome trainer yourself. You should be patting yourself on the back." Edgar and Sora had shaken each other's hands.

That night, the time had come for the closing ceremony as President Goodshow presented the winners trophy as Edgar and Prince Wes stood on the stage along with him. Many of the competitors applauded for Sora. Princess Angela, Arnold, Annette, and Johnny Blake applauded with them.

As the closing ceremony had concluded, Riku, Naminé, and Eevee left the group and headed off to Saffron City to meet Naminé's parents. Terra, Ventus, and Aqua left to return to Porta Vista and promised to be there for the celebration party. Sora and Pikachu were packing up and getting ready to head on home, Professor Oak approached the Pokémon trainer.

"Hey professor," Sora greeted. "What's up?"

The Pokémon professor smiles and replied, "Just wanted to say that I am proud of you, Sora." He places his hand on his shoulder. "You really have come a long way ever since you began your journey. From the beginning, I had some doubts about you being a Pokémon trainer, but after seeing how well you battled out there, I can clearly see that those doubts are completely unfounded." Professor Oak looked over to Pikachu. "You have done a wonderful job raising your Pikachu. And now look at you. Champion of the Indigo Plateau Pokémon League!" Sora smiled.

"Thank you, professor," Sora said.

"Your accomplishments is not to be taken lightly, because you have achieved something not many could have," Professor Oak said. "You have grown up so much since then. But you're still the same as ever."

"I didn't do it alone, professor," Sora said.

"Oh? Is that so?" Professor Oak asked.

"I had Kairi with me the whole time," Sora said. "But not just Kairi, but Lillie, Illima, Mallow, Lana, Sophocles, Kiawe, Acerola, Mina, and Hapu too. I even had my cousin Ven and Terra and Aqua there too. Also, Lea and Isa. And even Riku and Naminé." The professor laughs as he knew what he meant.

"Of course. You had the strength of your friends beside you," Professor Oak said. "That is something you should always take with pride. Just wish Gary would take that to heart as well."

With that said, Sora, Pikachu, and the professor steps out to see Kairi, her grandmother, Delia, the Alolan nine and the twins waiting for them. They all head back to Pallet Town. Just as they reached their houses, Sora and Kairi looked at each other and gives each other a passionate kiss under the moonlight. Their kiss lasts for fifteen seconds before they went inside with the memory of Sora's achievements still fresh in their minds.