Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Indigo Plateau Finals ( Chapter 79 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 79: Indigo Plateau Finals

It was at the semifinals of the Indigo Plateau Pokémon League! Sora has sent over five of his Pokémon and decided to be going with Primarina, Incineroar, Dragonair, Haunter, and Crobat. Sora was up against a girl a little bit older than he was and she wore a green shirt and dark blue jeans. She had maroon hair and violet eyes. Kairi stood by his side as usual holding Togepi in her arms, along with Riku, Naminé, Eevee, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua. The Alolan nine and Lana's sisters sat along with Delia, Kairi's grandmother, and Professor Oak.

"Ladies and gentlemen! The semifinals is about to begin! First up is Sora from Pallet Town and Sally from Celadon City!" The announcer announced. "Both trainers will be using all six Pokémon! And the battle will be over when all six Pokémon are unable to battle! Whom shall be moving on to the finals? Well, let's watch and find out!" The referee raises his flags.

"Trainers! Choose your Pokémon and begin!" The referee instructed.

"My first Pokémon is gonna be, Persian!" Sally said taking out her Pokéball and throwing it. The Pokéball opens and lets out her Persian.

"The fur is gonna fly with a cat of my own!" Sora said taking out a Pokéball and throwing it. "Go! Incineroar!" Sora's Pokéball opens and lets out his Incineroar. The heel Pokémon roars upon entry.

"Persian! Pay Day!" Sally ordered. Persian's head jewel glows and fires golden orbs of light straight at Incineroar.

"Persian performing Pay Day! It looks like she'll be in the money!" The announcer announced. "How can Sora block that out?"

"Incineroar! Block with Darkest Lariat!" Sora ordered. Incineroar performed his signature attack blocking out Persian's Pay Day. "Now use Fire Fang!" Incineroar's fangs emits fire and the fearsome Pokémon charges towards Persian.

"Now Incineroar is moving in to deliver a red hot Fire Fang onto Persian!" The announcer announced. "Now that will burn!"

"Dodge and use Shadow Ball!" Sally ordered. Persian throws Shadow Ball right at Incineroar. Incineroar gets hit by Persian's Shadow Ball. "That was great, Persian! Now use Shadow Ball again!" Persian obeyed by firing Shadow Ball once again.

"Incineroar! Shadow Claw!" Sora ordered. Incineroar slashes through Shadow Ball like a melon. "Flamethrower!" Incineroar fired Flamethrower and Persian got hit. "Now use Darkest Lariat!" Incineroar performed Darkest Lariat and landed a hit on Persian. Sally got frustrated watching her Persian take such a beating.

"Incineroar is doing a real number on Sally's Persian!" The announcer announced. "The fur is flying from these two feline Pokémon! Sally really needs to do something, fast!"

Sally growled, "No way he's that good! No way!"

"Fire Fang!" Sora called out. Incineroar jumps towards Persian.

"Persian! Dodge it and use Slash!" Sally ordered. Persian leapt towards Incineroar to perform a slash.

"Incineroar! Stop that Persian!" Sora called out. Incineroar grabs Persian as it tries to fight against Incineroar's grip.

"Incineroar definitely has gotten its paws on Persian and it doesn't look like Persian likes it at all!" The announcer announced.

"Flamethrower!" Sora ordered. Incineroar fired Flamethrower straight at Persian, letting go. Persian falls to the ground beaten. The referee raises the green flag.

"Persian is unable to battle! Incineroar wins!" The referee announced.

"And Sora takes an early lead! His Incineroar is a force to be reckoned with!" The announcer announced while Sally is calling back Persian. "Now Sally will have to choose her next Pokémon."

"Okay, Tentacruel! Go!" Sally said throwing her Pokéball. Her Pokéball opens as Tentacruel enters the battle.

"And Sally has sent out Tentacruel to counter Sora's Incineroar!" The announcer announced. Sora calls back Incineroar and looked over to Pikachu.

"You're up, buddy!" Sora said.

"Pika, Pika!" Pikachu nodded and moved in.

"Sora is sending in his Pikachu! Sora has turned the tables on Sally since Pikachu has a shocking edge over Tentacruel!" The announcer announced.

"Pikachu! Electro Ball!" Sora ordered.

"Pika!" Pikachu formed a ball of electricity and hurls it towards Tentacruel.

"Ice Beam!" Sally ordered. Tentacruel fires Ice Beam right at Pikachu's Electro Ball causing an explosion.

"Talk about a clash of power! These two are giving everything they have!" The announcer announced. "Neither one of them is backing down!"

"Tentacruel! Use Poison Sting!" Sally ordered. Tentacruel fired Poison Sting towards Pikachu.

"Pikachu! Dodge with Quick Attack!" Sora ordered. Pikachu ran across the battlefield as Poison Sting missed its mark. Tentacruel kept firing and firing.

"Tentacruel is firing Poison Sting like a machine gun and Pikachu avoids the Poison Type attack!" The announcer announced. Sally growled in frustration.

"Use Hydro Pump!" Tentacruel fired Hydro Pump hoping to hit Pikachu. The mouse Pokémon evades the move from left to right, but he accidentally slips and Hydro Pump makes a decent hit. Kairi gasps at the sight of Pikachu getting hit.

"Pikachu!" Sora gasped.

"I've got you now! Ice Beam! Full power!" Sally ordered. Tentacruel fired a powerful Ice Beam and it freezes Pikachu solid.

"It looks like Sally is making a comeback! Pikachu is frozen solid! Now Pikachu is not only a popsicle, but also an easy target!" The announcer announced.

"Hydro Pump again!" Sally ordered. Tentacruel fired Hydro Pump hitting Pikachu inside the ice block and sent towards the wall shattering the ice. Pikachu is knocked out from the attack. The referee raises the red flag.

"Pikachu is unable to battle! Tentacruel wins!" The referee announced.

Kairi takes Pikachu in her arms as Aqua holds Togepi for a bit. She wraps Pikachu in a warm blanket.

"Does that feel better, Pikachu?" Kairi asked kindly.

"Pikachu," Pikachu beamed.

"Now both trainers have five Pokémon left to use! It looks like Sora needs to come up with a strategy fast before he ends up being washed away!" The announcer announced.

"Can't use Dragonair against that Tentacruel because of Ice Beam," Sora said in his thoughts. "But I think I know which one she's gonna have a hard time with." Sora made up his mind and pulled out a Pokéball. "Let's go, Haunter!"

"Sora has sent out his Haunter! Wonder what does Sora have in store for Sally's Tentacruel!" The announcer announced.

"I'll be sticking with Tentacruel!" Sally stated. "Tentacruel! Ice Beam!" Tentacruel fires Ice Beam as Haunter turns invisible and the Ice Beam misses. Sally gasps. Haunter laughs.

"Haunter seems to be playing Hide and Seek with Tentacruel!" The announcer announced as Tentacruel looks around. "But where can Haunter be?"

"Haunter! Shadow Punch!" Sora called out. Haunter stayed invisible and threw a shadowy punch on Tentacruel. The jellyfish Pokémon looked around and got scared good. Haunter's hands show up and taps on Tentacruel's back. Tentacruel turns around and looks around. Haunter's laughter can be heard.

"I am not sure what is happening down there, ladies and gentlemen! But Haunter seems to be playing with its opponent!" The announcer announced. Sally is gritting her teeth. "And I don't think Sally is in a playful mood!"

"Now use Shadow Ball!" Sora called out. Haunter dropped the invisibility act and fired Shadow Ball landing a shadowy hit knocking Tentacruel out. The referee raises the green flag.

"Tentacruel is unable to battle! Haunter wins!" The referee announced.

"And Sally's brief comeback seems to have been derailed; for now at least!" The announcer announced.

"Haunter is such a mischievous Pokémon Sora has," Kairi's grandmother said.

"No argument here," Sophocles said shuddering at the memory of being scared awake and having Sora chew him out. Kiawe also wanted to forget about that experience since the ghost Pokémon framed him for perversion.

"Well, Haunter just loves to be around others and have fun," Professor Oak said. "I would end up being a victim of Haunter's antics from time to time." Professor Oak seems to remember when he was taking a shower one morning and Haunter switched the professor's shampoo with some cheese whizz. And his hair smelled like cheddar for three days. And that one afternoon when he was checking the mail and he ended up with spring snakes in his mailbox. And another afternoon when he returning home only to be splashed on with some water. The Pokémon professor laughed at the memories. "I can tell you, Haunter never gets bored." Professor Oak laughed again.

"And now Sally gets ready to send out her third Pokémon!" The announcer announced. "Which will it be?"

"Alright, Gengar! Go!" Sally sends out her Gengar.

"Gengar!"

"Sally has chosen her Gengar as her third Pokémon! Gengar has the advantage since Gengar is the evolved form of Haunter!" The announcer announced. "Will Sora be sticking with his Haunter?"

"Okay Haunter! Use Night Shade!" Sora ordered. Haunter fired Night Shade right at Gengar.

"Gengar! Dark Pulse!" Sally ordered. Gengar fired Dark Pulse and it cuts through Haunter's Night Shade. The attack hits Gengar's pre-evolved form knocking him out. The referee raises the red flag.

"Haunter is unable to battle! Gengar wins!" The referee announced.

"And Sally trumps Sora's Haunter!" The announcer announced. "What Pokémon will he send out next?" Sora pulls out his Dive Ball and threw it.

"Okay Dragonair! Go!" The Dive Ball opens and unleashes his Dragonair.

"And Sora has sent out his Dragonair! Will this Dragon Type Pokémon be enough to deal with this Ghost Type? Or will it be knocked out like Pikachu and Haunter? We'll have to wait and see!" The announcer announced.

"No you don't," Sora said and ordered his Pokémon, "Dragonair! Use Dragon Breath!" Dragonair fired Dragon Breath towards Gengar.

"Like that'll stop me! Gengar! Use Dark Pulse again!" Sally ordered as her Gengar has fired Dark Pulse towards the dragon Pokémon.

"Dodge and use Dragon Rush!" Sora ordered. Dragonair avoided Dark Pulse and charged towards Gengar and hitting it. "Now use Dragon Breath again!" Dragonair fired Dragon Breath and it paralyzes Gengar.

"Dragonair is doing very, very well! Gengar is now paralyzed!" The announcer announced. "It doesn't look good for Sally!"

"Gengar! Use Mean Look on Dragonair!" Sally ordered. Gengar's eyes glowed in a deeper red and red light came from Gengar's eyes and surrounded Dragonair's body.

"Sally is really playing for keeps now! She wants to finish off Sora's Dragonair!" The announcer announced. "But should Sora be worried?"

"That's a good question," Riku wondered.

"Dragon Rush again!" Sora called out. Dragonair charges towards the paralyzed ghost Pokémon. Gengar takes out a Cheri Berry and eats it. The paralysis disappears. Gengar dodges the attack by levitating in the air.

"Oh, I doubt Sora was expecting that to happen! Gengar just ate a Cheri Berry and heals its paralysis!" The announcer announced. "Now Gengar is gonna fight back with a vengeance!"

"Gengar! Use Shadow Claw!" Sally ordered. Gengar swings at Dragonair with its shadowy claw. The attack lands a hit. "Now use Dark Pulse!" Gengar fires Dark Pulse landing another clean hit on the dragon Pokémon.

"Ooh! Dragonair is really taking a beating!" The announcer announced. "And it doesn't look like Dragonair is going to last much longer out there!"

"Dragonair! Hang in there! You have to try to win! I know you can! I believe in you!" Sora called out. Hearing Sora has faith in him Dragonair lets out a majestic cry as he started to evolve. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, Riku, Naminé, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua all gasped at the sight. The Alolan nine, the twins, Sora's mother, Kairi's grandmother and the professor watched at awe at Dragonair's evolution. Dragonair was now a Dragonite. Dragonite lets out a loud cry after evolving.

"Incredible! Sora's Dragonair has evolved into a Dragonite!" The announcer announced. Sora's newly evolved Pokémon flaps his wings for the first time and flew in the air. The spectators were very amazed by the sight. Even Sally was amazed. "Dragonite had heard its trainer's voice call out to him!"

"No way! His Dragonair evolved in the middle of the battle!" Sally exclaimed. "But doesn't matter. That Pokémon is going to lose! Gengar! Dark Pulse!" Gengar fired Dark Pulse towards the newly evolved dragon Pokémon.

"Dragonite! Dragon Pulse!" Sora ordered. Dragonite let out Dragon Pulse and it lands a hit on Gengar. "Now use Dragon Rush!" Dragonite flew towards the ghost Pokémon and lands a devastating blow. "Wrap it up with Wing Attack!" Dragonite flew towards Gengar with his wings glowing and the wings hits Gengar and starts falling to the ground. Once Gengar had landed, it formed a dust cloud.

"What power! Dragonite has given Gengar a comeback of his own!The announcer announced. Gengar managed to get back, but slowly. "Gengar seems to be having trouble getting on its feet. Will Gengar keep going?" The announcer got his answer when Gengar had fallen back to the ground beaten. The referee raises the green flag.

"Gengar is unable to battle! Dragonite wins!" The referee announced.

"Sora has eliminated three of Sally's Pokémon! And since Sora has beaten three out of six Pokémon, we will have a fifteen minute recess for both trainers to recover!" The announcer announced.

Inside the locker room, Sora sat on the bench with a towel around his neck and chugging down some water. Sora gave a loud satisfying sigh.

"That hits the spot!" Sora said.

"That Sally girl is something," Riku pointed out. "You two were going neck to neck out there."

"Tell me something I don't already know," Sora said wiping away some sweat. "This is way tougher than I thought."

"You're tougher than you think, Sora," Ventus said. "You kicked some butt to get to the semifinals! And you're gonna win the tournament!" Sora would have corrected his cousin about winning the tournament. But he knew he was right. Kairi sat next to her boyfriend.

"Just get back out there and give everything you've got, Sora," Kairi said holding his hand into hers. "You came a long way since you started your journey. You had me and Pikachu all the the way. You said that I'm with you when you battle. And I'll always be." Kairi gave Sora a light kiss on the lips. "Win or lose, you're always my champion." That made Sora smile.

"You're right, Kairi," Sora said. "Thanks so much." Sora gave Kairi another kiss on the lips and she kissed him back. Riku, Naminé, Eevee, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua smiled at the sight. They parted lips. "I love you so very much, Kairi."

"And I love you too, Sora," Kairi said.

Fifteen minutes were up and Sally was down to three Pokémon and Sora still had four. Both trainers returned to their positions.

"And welcome back to the second half of the battle! Sora is leading the battle at four to three!" The announcer announced. "Will Sora be sending his Dragonite back out or will he choose another Pokémon?"

"If you're gonna send out Dragonite or Incineroar, then I'll be sending out, Wigglytuff!" Sally said as she took out a Pokéball and threw it. The Pokéball opens and lets out her Wigglytuff. Sora smirked and took out a Pokéball and threw it.

"Go for it, Crobat!" Sora said as his Crobat enters the battle.

"Sally has sent out Wigglytuff and Sora has sent out Crobat! Sally must be disappointed since she was expecting either Dragonite or Incineroar!The announcer announced.

"Crobat is a pretty good choice since Wigglytuff is a Fairy Type Pokémon," Terra said.

"Smart move on using a Poison Type Pokémon," Aqua added.

The referee looks at the two Pokémon and raises his flags.

"Resume the battle!" The referee instructed.

"Doesn't matter to me! Your Crobat is no match for my Wigglytuff! Alright, Wigglytuff! Use Double Slap!" Sally ordered.

"Wigglytuff!" Wigglytuff said.

Wigglytuff runs and jumps to land Double Slap on Crobat.

"Crobat! Dodge and use Wing Attack!" Sora ordered. Crobat flies towards the balloon Pokémon and landed a hit. "Now use Poison Fang!" Crobat's fangs emits poison and flies towards Wigglytuff and lands a bite. Wigglytuff became poisoned by the move.

"A poor choice on Sally's part! Wigglytuff is not only weak against Poison Type attacks, but Wigglytuff is now poisoned itself!" The announcer announced. "This doesn't look good for Sally!" Sally pulls out her Pokéball and calls Wigglytuff back. "Sally is calling Wigglytuff back inside! She realized her mistake and decided to switch Pokémon!" She pulls out an Ultra Ball.

"Go for it, Jynx!" She threw her Ultra Ball and it lets out her Jynx.

"So now she will be using a Jynx! A smart move since Sally has the advantage on Type this time!" The announcer announced. Sora smirked and calls back Crobat. "And now Sora is switching Pokémon! Which one will he go with now?"

"Back to action, Incineroar!" Sora threw his Pokéball and is sending out Incineroar.

"Sora has switched his Crobat with Incineroar! And now Sora has regained the advantage since Incineroar is both a Fire Type and a Dark Type!" The announcer announced.

"Incineroar! Use Shadow Claw!" Sora ordered as Incineroar moves with his claws emitting a shadowy aura.

"Jynx! Jump and use Body Slam!" Sally ordered. Jynx jumps in the air and lands on top of Incineroar.

"Sally is definitely fighting back now! Jynx has used Body Slam to cancel out Incineroar's Shadow Claw!" The announcer announced.

"Incineroar! Flamethrower!" Sora ordered. Incineroar fired Flamethrower from his belt hitting the humanoid Pokémon send her off.

"Incineroar has managed to send Jynx off with Flamethrower!" The announcer announced. "What will Sally have Jynx do now!"

"Jynx! Hyper Beam!" Sally ordered. Jynx fired Hyper Beam and towards Incineroar.

"Incineroar! Flamethrower! Full Power!" Sora called out. Incineroar fires a really powerful Flamethrower and it collides with Hyper Beam. Both attacks tries to push each other back, but not one was backing away.

"Unbelievable! Hyper Beam and Flamethrower are going neck to neck now! This round can go either way! The announcer announced. The two attacks holds until an explosion occurs and creates a smoke. "Sora and Sally are anxiously waiting to see which one of their Pokémon is still standing!" Once the smoke has cleared, both Jynx and Incineroar are both seen knocked out. The referee raises both flags.

"Jynx and Incineroar are both unbale to battle! This round is a draw!" The referee announced.

"This is an upset for both trainers since they lost two of their Pokémon!" The announcer announced. "But Sora is still leading since he still has three and Sally has two left!" Sally took out her Pokéball and threw it.

"You're heading back out, Wigglytuff!" Sally said as her Wigglytuff is sent back out.

"Back to action, Crobat!" Sora said as he threw his Pokéball letting out his Crobat.

"Sora has sent Crobat back out while Sally is using her Wigglytuff! Sora must really wanna finish what he started!" The announcer announced.

"Your Crobat isn't going to have an edge on me now! Poisoned or not! Wigglytuff! Drain Punch!" Sally ordered. Wigglytuff jumps and lands a punch on the bat Pokémon and replenishes a bit of its health.

"It seems Sally isn't afraid to go all out with Crobat now! That Drain Punch has given some of Wigglytuff's health back, but the poison is still taking its toll!" The announcer announced.

"Crobat! Cross Poison!" Sora ordered. Crobat's wings formed purple venomous blades and moves towards the balloon Pokémon. The attack successfully hits its mark. "Now use Poison Fang!" Crobat flies down at Wigglytuff and lands a devastating blow to Wigglytuff. Sally gasped as her Wigglytuff lands on the ground beaten. The referee raises the green flag.

"Wigglytuff is unable to battle! Crobat wins!" The announcer announced.

"And now Sally only has one Pokémon left to use! She needs to come up with something fast or it'll all be over for her!" The announcer announced. She dosen't seem to be worried.

"Oh I already know what to do," Sally said as she calls back her Wigglytuff. "I was saving the best for last!" Sally pulls out her last Pokéball and threw it. "Go for it, Lapras!" She threw her Pokéball letting out her Lapras, but this Lapras was lavender with its shell being brown. Stars swirls around the Lapras upon entry.

"Sally has been saving her Lapras for last!" The announcer announced. Many of the spectators were in awe at the sight of the Shiny Pokémon in front of them. "And judging how that Lapras looks, Sora will have a hard time with this one!"

"Crobat! Air Slash!" Sora called out. Crobat fired Air Slash towards Lapras.

"Lapras! Blizzard!" Sally ordered as Lapras fired Blizzard and it cancels out Crobat's Air Slash and hits Crobat freezing him and falls to the ground. Crobat was knocked out now. The referee raises the red flag.

"Crobat is unable to battle! Lapras wins!" The referee announced.

"And Sally takes out his Crobat!" The announcer announced. "Sora has two Pokémon left! Which one of his remaining Pokémon will he send out next?" Sora calls back Crobat and pulls out another Pokéball.

"It's your turn now, Primarina!" Sora said throwing his Pokéball. The Pokéball opens and Primarina flips her hair upon entry.

"Sora has sent out his Primarina! Both trainers are using Water Type Pokémon!" The announcer announced. "Which one will be making a splash?"

"Primarina! Sparkling Aria!" Sora ordered. Primarina stood on her tail fins and forms a ball of water as she sang. She sends it towards Lapras.

"Primarina is using its signature attack towards Lapras!" The announcer announced. "But will it be enough?"

"No it won't!" Sally said. "Lapras! Sheer Cold!" Lapras's body glows light blue and releases a wave of light blue energy, freezing Primarina. Sora and Kairi gasped at the sight. Riku, Naminé, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua shared their shock. The referee raises the red flag.

"Primarina is unable to battle! Lapras wins!" The referee announced.

"Sora is down to one Pokémon left!" The announcer announced as Sora calls back Primarina and pulls out Dragonite's Dive Ball. "Sally really did a number on Sora's Pokémon; and the same can be said for Sora! Which one will it be?"

"Okay, Dragonite! Back to action!" Sora said throwing his Dive Ball. The ball opens and lets out his Dragonite.

"Everything is hanging in the balance with this final round in the battle! Dragonite is at a Type disadvantage!" The announcer announced. "How will Sora manage to win this match?"

"It is gonna be easy," Sally smirked. "Lapras! Ice Beam!" Lapras fires Ice Beam towards Dragonite.

"Dragonite! Dodge it!" Sora called out. Dragonite flies out of the way before the beam of ice could hit the dragon Pokémon.

"Keep firing!" Sally ordered. Lapras kept firing the Ice Beam, but the attack kept missing.

"Sora isn't taking any chances here! He has learned from losing Crobat and Primarina from Sally's Lapras!" The announcer announced. "But Sora needs to land an offense maneuver and fast!"

"Not a bad idea," Sora said. "Dragonite! Dragon Rush!" Dragonite flies towards Lapras and strikes the Shiny Pokémon. "Now use Dragon Pulse!" Dragonite forms a purple orb and sends it out as it takes a serpentine form. Lapras gets hit by the attack.

"Lapras! Sheer Cold! Knock out that Dragonite!" Sally ordered.

"No you don't!" Sora said. "Dragonite! Dragon Rush! Quickly!" Dragonite flew fast and landed a pretty good hit before Lapras could use Sheer Cold.

"That was a close one for Sora's Dragonite! He had his Dragonite attack before she could eliminate his Dragonite!" The announcer announced. "But Sally isn't finished yet!"

"Lapras! Ice Beam again!" Lapras fired Ice Beam right at Dragonite again, and the results are the same. Sora had to end it now.

"Dragonite! Fly straight into the air!" Sora called out. Dragonite nodded and flew into the air.

"Dragonite is flying straight into the air! What could he planning to do?" The announcer asked.

"Dragon Rush!" Sora called out. Dragonite dives down to the ground like a meteor. Dragonite's power gets stronger with each speed passing.

"Dragonite is diving towards Lapras at incredible speed and power!" The announcer announced. "And Lapras has nowhere to run!"

"Lapras!" Sally gasped. Dragonite lands on Lapras and flies back in the air.

"A direct hit!" The announcer announced. Lapras gets back up with a loud yell, only to fall back to the side. The referee raises the green flag.

"Lapras is unable to battle! Dragonite wins! Sora Ketchum from Pallet Town wins the battle!" The referee announced.

"And Sora has won it! He is now moving on to the finals!" The announcer announced. The crowd starts roaring as Sora has taken another step into the Pokémon League. The Alolan nine, the twins, Delia, Kairi's grandmother, and Professor Oak were proud of Sora's victory. Edgar was in the stands watching the battle between Sora and Sally rage on. He grins as he knew how stronger Sora had gotten.

Later on, Sora and his friends celebrated his victory knowing how close Sora was getting to the championship round! Soon after Sora got his Pokémon from the Pokémon Center, he exchanged Haunter, Dragonite, and Crobat for Nidorino, Nidorina, and Vulpix. He evolved them into a Nidoking, a Nidoqueen, and a Ninetales.

There were other battles that raged on and Edgar was on the last battle of the day. Edgar was up against a girl around Sora's age and she had an Ivysaur out while Edgar had out a Dugtrio with golden magnetic hair. Edgar had half his team eliminated while his opponent had one Pokémon left to use. The middle body has the longest and curliest hair, while the left body has shorter blond hair and the right body has the shortest and straightest hair. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Dugtrio Edgar had out. Edgar had half his team eliminated while his opponent had one Pokémon left to use.

Dugtrio Alolan Form, the Mole Pokémon

The evolved form of Diglett Alolan Form

Type: Ground/Steel

Its metallic whiskers are heavy, so it's not very fast, but it has the power to dig through bedrock. Its shining gold whiskers are advanced sensors that can detect vibrations from sounds several miles away.

Sora remembered his battle with Edgar pretty well, and the same can be said for Kairi, Ventus, Terra, Aqua, and Lillie.

"This battle has taken an turn for the worse for Cassie since her Ivysaur is pretty sore!" The announcer announced. "And Edgar is ready to finish her off."

"Ivysaur! Vine Whip!" Cassie ordered. Ivysaur let out Vine Whip to hit the Alolan Dugtrio.

"Dugtrio! Dodge with Dig!" Edgar ordered. Dugtrio dug into the earth and Ivysaur's Vine Whip missed.

"Ivysaur has missed its mark as Dugtrio dug into the ground!" The announcer announced as Ivysaur looks around. "And Cassie is really on edge since Edgar has her on the ropes!Dugtrio emerged from the earth throwing Ivysaur in the air like a football.

"Flash Cannon!" Edgar ordered. Dugtrio fired Flash Cannon right at Ivysaur and is sent to the opposite side of the stadium.

"Edgar's Dugtrio has blasted Cassie's Ivysaur into the wall!" The announcer announced. "Will Cassie continue on?!" The referee raises the green flag.

"Ivysaur is unable to battle! Dugtrio wins! Edgar wins the battle!" The referee announced.

"And Edgar has triumphed over Cassie and concluded the semifinals!" The announcer announced. "Only eight trainers remain as we now move finals! Who will emerge victorious in the finals? Will it be, Joey from Vermilion City?" A photo on the screen displays shows a young man with messy blonde hair. "Miranda from Viridian City?" The screen displays a photo of a young woman with long black hair. "Prince Wesleyan from the Kingdom of Orre?" The photo shows a young man dressed in a white tuxedo with blonde hair and blue eyes. "Howie from Gringey City?" The photo shows a young man with brown hair and freckles and glasses. "Michael from New Bark Town?" The photo shows a boy a little older than Sora and he had brown hair. "Louise from Cerulean City?" The photo shows a girl with long pink hair and blue eyes. "Edgar from Lumiose City?" Edgar's photo is now displayed. "Or will it be Sora from Pallet Town?" Sora's photo is displayed. "The eight will now be selected within one hour to see whom shall battle whom and the finals shall begin tomorrow at noon!"

"You've made it, Sora," Riku said. "You're among the eight finalists."

Sora agreed, "Yeah. You're right." Sora's heart was beating faster and faster as he felt overwhelmed by how far he came since he began his journey. Sora and Kairi along with Pikachu and Togepi needed time alone together so Sora could think of strategy for his next battle. Kairi looked to her boyfriend. She saw that he was sweating.

"You feeling okay, Sora?" Kairi asked. "You're not nervous are you?"

"Maybe a little," Sora answered. "Why?"

"You're sweating," Kairi pointed out. Sora wiped off some sweat with his right hand.

"So I am," Sora said. He knew why that was. Joey, one of the finalists spotted him and walked up to him.

"I take it you're that Sora kid, right?" Joey asked in a bronx accent.

"Yeah. And you're Joey right?" Sora asked.

"That's me!" Joey said. "And I watched that battle you had with Johnny Blake on the Ice Field." He looked at Sora's Pikachu on his side. "Gotta hand it to you, that Pikachu of yours is a real toughie."

"Thanks," Sora said. Prince Wesleyan walked up to Sora and Kairi.

"You must be Sora," the prince said.

"And you're Prince Wesleyan, right?" Sora asked.

"Indeed I am. But call me Wes," the prince said. "I watched your battle against my fiancee Princess Angela and I was mighty impressed by your skills. She has told me how much she had enjoyed it."

"Well, she was no pushover either," Sora said to the prince.

"I would say that she isn't," Prince Wes said. She gazes to Kairi sitting to him. "And who might be, my dear?"

"It's Kairi," she introduced herself. "His girlfriend." She held her hand to shake it, but instead he took by the hand and kissed it. Sora's cheeks puffed with jealousy.

"A lovely name for Sora's lover," the prince said. He looks over to Sora and saw the jealousy on his face. "You needn't be jealous. I apologize if I had made you jealous."

"It's okay," Sora said already forgiving the prince. Michael and Howie come up.

"You guys are in the finals too! I'm Howie and this is my best friend Michael!" Howie said.

"Hey guys!" Michael said.

"Good to see best friends having a friendly battle," Joey said.

"Thanks," Michael said.

"I had a feeling you'd make it this far," Edgar said walking up.

"Same here, Edgar," Sora said.

"You two know each other?" Howie asked.

"Sora and I met him while he was training for the Pokémon League," Kairi said. "He and Sora battled and Sora won."

"That he did," Edgar said. "I was very impressed with his skills when he had beaten my Porygon, Porygon2, and Porygon-Z." He adjusted his glasses.

"I don't doubt it," Prince Wes said.

"Look what we have here," a new feminine voice said getting the other finalist's attention. It was Miranda who walked up to them. "The rest of the finalists, except for that Louise girl."

"You mean me!" Louise called walking up to the group. "And all of you are gonna lose!"

All eight finalists looked among themselves while they all vowed to give it everything they had. A no holding back in the battles to come. Once the hour was up, the finalists all learned who will be battling who. Sora will be battling Joey and it's going to be the last battle. Edgar will be battling Miranda and it's going to be first. Prince Wes will be battling Michael. And Louise will be battling Howie.

Sora turns to Joey and smiles.

"May the best trainer win," Sora said.

"I plan on it," Joey said.

With Sora's opponent confirmed, He made a switch on his team once again. He has exchanged Incineroar, Primarina, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, and Ninetales for Butterfree, Pidgeot, Sandslash, Kingler, and Hakamo-o.

The very next day, Edgar had besten Miranda and he had already lost two Pokémon. Prince Wes has beaten Michael and Louise had taken out Howie. It was down to Sora and Joey.

"And the battle between Louise and Howie has concluded! Louise will be moving on to the championships!" The announcer announced. "Now it's what we have been waiting for! It's Joey from Vermilion City versus Sora from Pallet Town! Only one of these two will be moving on! So thses two will have to give it everything they have!"

Sora had entered the stadium along with Kairi, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua. Kairi held Togepi in her arms tightly. Joey entered the stadium as well. The referee raises his flags.

"Trainers! Choose your Pokémon and come out battling! Begin!" The referee instructed. Joey has chosen his first Pokéball and threw it.

"Go! Marowak!" Joey shouted. The Pokéball opens and lets out his Marowak! The bone keeper Pokémon twirls its bone upon entry. Sora knew which one to use.

"Go for it, Kingler!" Sora said letting out his Kingler. The crab Pokémon clamps his pincers upon entry.

"Joey is starting things up with Marowak and Sora will be starting with Kingler!" The announcer announced. "And Sora has the advantage in Type! How will Joey manage against this?"

"Marowak! Start up with Bone Rush!" Joey ordered. Marowak's bone glows light blue and grows longer. Marowak runs towards Kingler to land a hit.

"Kingler! Metal Claw!" Sora ordered. Kingler's pincers glows metallic and used his large pincer blocks the bone and hits Marowak with his smaller pincer. "Now use Crab Hammer!" Kingler swings his large pincer and lands a powerful hit on Marowak.

"Kingler lands a devastating blow on Marowak with a mean Crab Hammer!" The announcer announced. Marowak stands back up. "But it dosen't look like Joey's Marowak is gonna give up that easily!"

"Marowak! Iron Head!" Joey ordered. Marowak charges towards Kingler with its head metallic and charges towards Kingler.

"Bubble Beam!" Sora ordered. Kingler fires Bubble Beam and Marowak gets hit by the barrage of bubbles.

"Uh-oh! It doesn't look good for Marowak! This Ground Type has its foot in the mud with that move!" The announcer announced.

"Now finish it with Crab Hammer!" Sora ordered. Kingler swings at Marowak with another Crab Hammer attack. The force of Kingler's giant pincer sends Marowak straight down and knocked out. The referee raises the green flag.

"Marowak is unable to battle! Kingler wins!" The referee announced.

"And that's one down and five to go!" The announcer announced. "Joey needs to get his act together if he wanna win this!" Joey calls back Marowak and pulls out another Pokéball.

"Okay, Electabuzz! Go!" Joey threw it letting out his Electabuzz. Electabuzz lets out a cry upon entry.

"Joey has sent out his Electabuzz! Joey has the advantage in Type now since Water Type Pokémon are weaked against Electric Type attacks!" The announcer announced as Sora smirked. Sora calls Kingler back. "Wait a minute! Sora is switching Pokémon! Which one will he be sending out?" Joey growls in frustration.

"Go! Sandslash!" Sora said throwing his Pokéball. The Pokéball opens and lets out his Sandslash.

"Sora will be sending out his Sandslash!" The announcer announced. "Sora had regained the advantage! This kid really did his homework!"

"That wasn't supposed to happen," Joey said in disbelief. "Aw, who cares, anyway! Not gonna stop me! Electabuzz! Thunder Punch!" Electabuzz's fist emits electricity and threw a punch at Sandslash. Sora just shook his head.

"Joey has his Electabuzz use a Thunder Punch and it doesn't effect his Sandslash!" The announcer announced. "That's a mistake that's gonna cost him!"

"Dude! You should know Electric Type attacks don't work on Ground Type Pokémon, right?" Sora asked his opponent.

"Uh..." Joey uttered realizing the mistake he made.

"Anyone would have told you that," Sora said. "Sandslash! Crush Claw!" Sandslash swung at Electabuzz with his claws at full force. "Now Dig!" Sandslash dug underground.

"Electabuzz is really on edge now! Sandslash will be popping out at any moment! What will Sandslash do?" The announcer asked. Sandslash jumps out of the ground and hits the electric Pokémon in the gut and sent flying in the air. Electabuzz is knocked out. The referee raises the green flag.

"Electabuzz is unable to battle! Sandslash wins!" The referee announced.

"And that's two Sora has knocked out!" The announcer announced. Joey was really getting pissed off. Kairi was really happy for her boyfriend for this one. "This is really a good day for this kid!"

"Not for long! Go! Hitmonchan!" Joey shouted throwing his Pokéball letting out his Hitmonchan.

"And Joey's third Pokémon is his Hitmonchan! Will this punching Pokémon make up for his mistakes?" The announcer asked. Sora calls back Sandslash and took out his Safari Ball.

"Let's go Hakamo-o!" Sora shouted letting out his Hakamo-o.

"And Sora sends out his Hakamo-o! Both trainers are using Fighting Types!" The announcer announced. "Wonder how this will end!"

"Hitmonchan! Mach Punch!" Joey ordered. Hitmonchan ran fast and delivered a lightning fast punch on Hakamo-o before he had some reaction time.

"Hakamo-o! Dragon Claw!" Sora called out. Hakamo-o's claws glows and moves in to swipe at Hitmonchan.

"Hitmonchan! Sky Uppercut!" Hitmonchan delivered a powerful uppercut on Hakamo-o. "Now use Close Combat!" Hitmonchan then starts to pummel Hakamo-o like a punching bag.

"Hitmonchan is doing a real number on Hakamo-o now!" The announcer announced. "It looks like Joey is starting to have himself a comeback!" Hakamo-o endured the hits and then Hitmonchan ceased the attacks as Hakamo-o started to evolve. "Hold on! Hakamo-o is evolving!"

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua watched the evolution underway. The same for the Alolan nine, the twins, Delia, Kairi's grandmother, and Professor Oak. Hakamo-o was now a Kommo-o. Kommo-o lets out a loud roar.

"Kommo-o," Sora said to himself.

"And there you have it ladies and gentlemen! Sora's Hakamo-o has evolved into a Kommo-o!" The announcer announced. "Another evolution on Sora's behalf!" Joey wasn't expecting this to happen.

"Evolved or not! That thing is gonna lose! Hitmonchan! Sky Uppercut!" Joey shouted as Hitmonchan charges in to hit Kommo-o with another Sky Uppercut.

"Hitmonchan is heading in for another Sky Uppercut! Can Sora do anything to counter that?The announcer announced.

"Kommo-o! Clanging Scales!" Sora called out. Kommo-o folds his arms then unfolds them as he lets out a big roar, sending blue shockwaves towards the punching Pokémon. Hitmonchan gets hit by the attack. Joey had enough.

"Okay, I played by the rules so far!" Joey said taking out another Pokéball and throwing it. "Scizor! Go!" Joey threw his Pokéball letting out his second Pokémon.

"Hold on! Joey now has two Pokémon on the battlefield!" The announcer announced.

"Stop the battle! Joey is disqualified! The victory goes to Sora!" The referee announced.

"What?!" Joey growled with disgust!

"You have sent out two Pokémon on the battlefield in a single Pokémon battle! And that is against the rules!" The referee said. "So you are hereby banned from the Indigo Plateau!"

Joey growls in anger, "I played by the rules so far! And I'm letting you stop me from getting to the top! Rules or no rules!" Hitmonchan and Scizor were about to gang up on Kommo-o only for the dragon Pokémon to use Clanging Scales stopping them good.

"Now use Sky Uppercut on the both of them!" Sora called out. Kommo-o performs a Sky Uppercut and sends the two Pokémon into the air and lands on Joey.

After a few minutes, Joey was escorted out of the Indigo Plateau. Sora couldn't believe that he won by disqualification. But at least he made it.

"Sorry about that ladies and gentlemen! And since the battle is officially over, the four remaining finalists will be notified of their next match within one hour!" The announcer announced.

One hour later, Sora, Edgar, Prince Wes, and Louise waited eagerly to see who will be battling who. And the selection was made. Sora is gonna battle Prince Wes and Edgar was battling Louise. With most of the competition already eliminated, these four trainers will be giving everything they have. Will Sora emerge on top or will he go through a crushing defeat? Just wait and find out.