Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Indigo Plateau Round 5 ( Chapter 78 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 78: Indigo Plateau Round 5

Sora had finally made it to the fifth round of the Indigo Plateau Pokémon League after winning all four rounds in the beginning. So many other trainers had already been eliminated, and Gary was among them.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and Togepi are joined by were joined by Professor Oak, Delia, and Kairi for the outing while Riku, Naminé, Eevee, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, and the Alolan nine all went to the movies joing Tai, Kari, and their friends.

It was supposed to be just Riku and Naminé, but the Alolan nine couldn't resist tagging along. Also there were other movies they all wanted to see. Aqua, Ventus, Illima and Lana took her sisters into a kid friendly flick while Terra, Kiawe, Sophocles, and Hapu are joined by Tai, Matt, TK, and Davis, checked out Avengers: Endgame. Lillie, Mallow joins Sara, Mimi, Kari, and Yolei to a romantic flick. Ken and Cody go watch a samurai movie. Acerola and Mina hits the arcade. Riku and Naminé sees a different one while Eevee plays in a pen with some of the baby Pokémon occupying there.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, Delia, Kairi's grandmother, and Professor Oak went out to a restaurant only for Delia to the meals for everyone.

"Our customers do not come in here to cook," the head chef said.

"Well maybe they should try it sometimes," Delia said. "Sora! Come and get it!"

"And that's mom for you. Never shy from the kitchen," Sora said in a low tone.

"So, what do you think?" Delia asked.

"This looks great!" Sora and Kairi both said at once.

"Well, Sora," Professor Oak started. "When you win your next match, you will be allowed to use six Pokémon forward. Have you decided on which ones you will be using?"

"I just have to wait and see who I'll be up against first," Sora said taking a bite.

"I have gotta hand it to, Delia. This is excellent. It was no wonder the chef asked for the recipe," Kairi's grandmother said.

"Thank you," Delia beamed. She looks over to Kairi. "Sora tells me that he enjoys your cooking as well. Sounds to me that you did a good job with his diet."

"She should," Kairi's grandmother said. "The one thing both Kairi and her mother learned is that the one way to win a man's heart is through his stomach." She and Delia shared a laugh. "I remember when Kairi was little and she tried to cook on her own." She laughed at the memory. "Kairi did her best, she ended up burning the eggs; and I thought that the house was on fire." She laughed some more while Kairi felt embarrassed by the memory. Sora definitely heard this story before.

Once they were finished with their meal, they headed to the elevator going down, and they saw a familiar face coming. It was Cornelius and his Lycanroc.

"Hold the door, please! I'm heading down too!" Cornelius called out.

"Sure," Professor Oak said keeping the elevator doors from closing, he and his Lycanroc steps inside.

"Made it just in time," Cornelius said. "Thank you very much."

"No problem," Professor Oak said.

"Cornelius!" Sora and Kairi recognized. He turns to the two familiar faces and smiles.

"Sora! Kairi! What a happy coincidence! I never expected to see you two here!" Cornelius said. Lycanroc barks in agreement.

"It's been a while," Sora said. He and Cornelius locked hands. "And your Lycanroc is doing great!"

"I was gonna ask how yours was doing," Cornelius said. He looks to Pikachu. "And Pikachu is doing good I see." He turns to Kairi. "And Kairi! It's great to see you too!" He spots Togepi in her arms. "And who do we have here?"

"This would be Togepi," Kairi said. "Say hello to Cornelius, Togepi."

"Pi! Toge, Toge."

"So nice to meet you, Togepi," Cornelius said. "So, where are Lillie, Illima, and the rest? They they here too?"

"They are. They went to the movies along with Riku and his girlfriend," Sora answered.

"What?! Riku's here too?! This is too much of a coincidence!" Cornelius said.

"Sora, are you going to introduce us to your friend?" Delia asked.

"Right. Cornelius, this is my mom," Sora said.

"And this lady here is my grandma," Kairi added.

"It's very nice to meet one of Kairi's friends," Kairi's grandmother said.

"You too, ma'am," Cornelius said.

Sora and Kairi explained about how they met Cornelius and his Lycanroc. It was Sora's Lycanroc was still a Rockruff and how he evolved during a green flash howling along with Cornelius's and Riku's Lycanroc.

"I remember that very well," Professor Oak said stroking his chin. "But, Sora wasn't the only case. There some others, though not many."

"Is that right?" Cornelius asked. He turns to Sora and Kairi. "So, you two a couple yet?"

"We are," Sora answered.

"And we've been a couple since," Kairi said giving Sora a kiss on the cheek.

"That's good to hear," Cornelius said smiling. "Anyway, I should be taking off to a nearby Pokémon Center. Tell the others I said hello."

"We'll do that," Sora said.

He turns to Sora's mother and Kairi's grandmother and said, "It was nice to meet you two." He turns to Lycanroc. "Come on, Lycanroc. Let's go." Lycanroc barks and follows her trainer.

Elsewhere, Team Rocket were hatching some plans to steal everyone's Pokémon and Gladion was in the area.

"Setting up a phony Pokéball inspection will be like taking candy from a baby," Jessie said.

"And convincing them of their disqualification will definitely seal the deal," James added.

"Just inagine how many Pokémon we can have and send over to the boss," Meowth said. "Plus Pikachu to boot." Team Rocket snickers as they put their plan into motion. But Gladion has a plan of his own.

Sora and Kairi met up with Terra, Ventus, Aqua, the Alolan nine and Lana's sisters and told them that they bumped into Cornelius.

"Cornelius is here?" Kiawe asked.

"Yeah. We bumped into him just when we finished lunch," Sora said.

"I wonder if he's a participant here," Lana said.

"Most likely that he is," Illima said.

Team Rocket set up their disguises and drove in a truck they stole. Gladion set off to warn Sora about the scam.

"Attention please!" Jessie announced over the speaker, "May I have your attention please?" Sora definitely recognized that voice.

"This is an emergency announcement to all our participants in the Pokémon League competition," James added. "This is not only a test."

"All participating trainers must bring their Pokéballs to the Pokémon Pavilion for an official inspection immediately!" Jessie announced.

"Oh no," Sora groaned. "What are those stooges up to now?"

"Probably up to no good as usual," Hapu deadpanned.

"How dumb do they think we are?" Sophocles asked.

"They're probably pretty dumb if they think we're gonna fall for that one," Sora said.

"Then I came just in time," Gladion said walking up to the group. "Those three are here to steal all the Pokémon from all the trainers competing. Even yours." Sora thought for a moment and he gets an idea.

"How about this one," Sora said. He and the Alolan nine go into a huddle and whisper on how to trick the tricksters into exposing themselves like the idiots that they are. Sophocles chuckled a bit. "Everyone clear on the plan?"

The Alolan nine all nodded. They all saw a nearby Officer Jenny and told them that the people driving in a truck just now were members of Team Rocket and filled her in on the idea.

"I've got ya," Officer Jenny said.

Team Rocket drives in the truck unaware that their plan has already failed before it started.

"It is essential that you bring all of your Pokéballs to the pavilion as quick as possible!" Jessie stated.

"And make it snappy!" James concluded turning off the loud speaker.

"This is our most schemiest scam yet for gettimg greedy for Pokémon," Meowth said as he, Jessie, and James laughed evilly.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, the Alolan nine, Lana's sisters, Gladion, and a few of the Officer Jennys were right on the scene about to spring their trap. Jessie and James stood outside the van with James holding a brown burlap sack.

"And here they are," Sora said turning to the Officer Jennys. "You ready to go?"

"We're ready when you are," one of the Jennys said. The rest of the Alolan nine were in position to jump Team Rocket.

"Okay. Lights. Camera. Action," Sora said.

Jessie grabbed a loudspeaker and spoke into it, "We will now inspect all your Pokémon for physical examination. Please deposit all your Pokéballs into this offical looking man in the mustache."

"And a very cheesy mustache at that," Sora said in his thoughts.

"Any trainers who fail to turn in all their Pokémon will be disqualified from the League," Jessie stated.

That was the Officer Jennys que to move in. They approached from behind the crowd as James opened the bag.

"Drop all your Pokéballs in here," James instructed.

"Let's hurry, trainers," Jessie said.

"Nobody moves!" A new voice called out. Everyone stopped what they were doing as the Officer Jennys came through. "Do you have a special license for the inspection?"

Team Rocket winced at the question.

"All inspections must be done so with a license," the second Officer Jenny said.

"So, let us see one right away," the third Officer Jenny demanded.

Jessie and James turned around and whispered to each other.

"Jessie, you said that it'll be like taking candy from a baby," James pointed out. "Well it dosen't seem to be working."

"Don't worry about it, James. It's not over yet," Jessie said. "We'll just have to improvise. Follow my lead." They turn around with smiles on their faces. "We just happen to have left our licenses at home."

"But license or no license, an inspection is an inspection," James said playing along.

"I'm sorry, but you must have a license with you at all times," the first Officer Jenny said. "So there no exceptions. So let us see them! Now!"

"So much for the old we left our license at home trick," James whispered. "Anymore bright ideas?"

"I'm thinking, I'm thinking," Jessie said.

And it was time for Sora to move in for his part. He looks over to his partner and said, "You know what to do."

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded. "PIKACHU!" Pikachu fires Thunderbolt right at Jessie shocking her good.

"Guys! Now!" Sora shouted.

The Alolan nine and Gladion all sprung into action. Snowy fired Powder Snow, Bewear fired Focus Blast, Tsareena fired Magical Leaf, Turtonator fired Flamethrower, Gyarados fired Hydro Pump, Togedemaru fired Discharge, Mimikyu fired Shadow Ball, Clefairy fired Moonblast, Mudsdale fired Mud Bomb, and Lycanroc fired Stone Edge hitting Team Rocket sending them flying and landing back on the ground destroying their disguises.

"How could our plan failed so fast?!" Jessie exclaimed.

"Maybe because you're even dumber than we thought," Sora taunted. They turned to him grinning. "What gave you away were your voices."

"You will pay for ruining our perfect plan you little!" Jessie scowled.

"Actually, you're the ones who are gonna pay," the first Officer Jenny said.

"Your debt to society," the third Officer Jenny said.

"You are under arrest!" All three Officer Jennys said.

Jessie and James started to dash off leaving Meowth behind.

"I knew this plan was gonna blow before we could get far," Meowth said. "I better get going so I don't get caught." Meowth tried to make a break for it only for Kairi, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Marowak, Cloyster, and Magnemite standing behind the cat Pokémon.

"Going somewhere?" Kairi asked.

Meowth gulped, "You won't hurt a poor defenseless little Pokémon like me, would you?"

"No, I wouldn't," Kairi said much to Meowth's relief. "They would." And that was the Pokémon's cue as Magnemite fired Thunderbolt and Cloyster fired Ice Beam. Marowak finished up by using Flame Wheel and sent Meowth flying in the air.

"IT LOOKS LIKE MEOWTH IS BLASTING OFF SOLO!" Meowth yelled as he went flying in the air.

"That's one way to put the cat out," Kairi said.

"Yeah," Ventus agreed.

"Was anyone weirded out by the fact that Meowth was talking?" Terra asked.

"I was," Aqua answered.

Over to Jessie and James, they panted as they managed to get far enough from the police.

"I can't believe those brats saw through our plan like that!" James exclaimed.

"It only happened because you're so stupid!" Jessie barked at him.

"No! It was your brilliant idea! And that idea was stupid just like you!" James argued.

"You calling me stupid?" Jessie hissed.

"If the boot fits," James retorted.

"Say that again," Jessie dared him.

"If the boot fits," James repeated.

"Okay. Gloves off," Jessie said literally taking off her gloves. "Let's go! Let's go!"

"Normally, I don't fight ladies," James said. "But you. Are. No. Lady." James took off his gloves and and about to have a fist fight with Jessie only to be interrupted by Meowth landing on top of them.

"Somebody catch the license plate on the truck that gone and hit me?" Meowth asked in a daze.

Back at the Indigo Plateau, Sora and his friends were celebrating their success over Team Rocket laughing at how stupid they must feel that their plan had failed. Sora decided to propose a toast.

"Say guys, how about we do a toast for Team Rocket?" Sora asked and none of his friends wanted to tribute them for it. "The biggest losers on the face of the earth!"

"I can drink to that," Hapu said.

"Yeah," Mina said.

"They definitely got what they deserved out of it," Mallow said.

"And now they're probably beating themselves up over it," Kiawe said laughing.

As they ate and laughed, Riku, Naminé, and Eevee had shown up just in time.

"Anything we missed?" Riku asked.

"Not too much," Sora answered. "Just foiled Team Rocket on another lame plan." Riku scoffed.

"And I missed it?" Riku sulked. "You couldn't save them for me."

"Sorry," Sora apologized.

"At least they're out of our hair; for now anyway," Naminé said.

"Eevee."

Just when Riku and Naminé joined in on the celebration, Poipole shows up catching everyone by surprise.

"Whoa!" Everyone shouted.

"Is that what it looks like?" Sora asked taking out his Pokédex. He scanned the Pokémon in front of him.

Poipole, the Poison Pin Pokémon

Type: Poison

An Ultra Beast that lives in a different world, it cackles wildly as it sprays its opponents with poison from the needles on its head.

"An Ultra Beast?!" Sora exclaimed.

"Poipole, Poi."

"Pikachu! Get it!" Sora said as Pikachu charged in. "Quick Attack!" Pikachu charged at the Ultra Beast and struck it. "Now use Thunderbolt!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu shocks Poipole and it falls to the ground. Sora remembered the Beast Ball he recieved from Professor Oak and threw it at the Ultra Beast. The Beast Ball opens and Poipole flows inside. The Beast Ball wobbles around and stars swirls around the Beast Ball confirming the catch. Sora's Pokédex starts buzzing asking him if he wants to keep Poipole or send it to Professor Oak's lab. Sora decided to send the Ultra Beast to Professor Oak's lab.

"I don't believe it," Riku said. "Sora just caught an Ultra Beast."

"And he didn't use his Silvally for the job," Naminé added.

Over to Professor Oak's lab, Lea and Isa saw the Beast Ball being teleported in.

"Is that what I think it is?" Isa asked.

"I might be, or we wouldn't have it here now," Lea said.

"That's true I guess," Isa said.

Professors Kukui and Burnet walked in and saw the Beast Ball present.

"Is that what it looks like?" Professor Burnet asked.

"It just might be," Isa said.

"What now?" Lea asked.

"We better let Lusamine know about this," Burnet suggested.

"Good idea. But who caught this one?" Professor Kukui asked.

"It had to be Sora," Isa said. "The lab is set to respond to his Pokédex."

Back at the Indigo Plateau in a few hours later, Professor Oak had just gotten on the phone with Lea and Isa letting him know about the captured Ultra Beast.

"That's good to know," Professor Oak said. "What did Lusamine say?"

"She said we should hold on to it just hold on to it just for now," Lea said.

"She said she'll figure out what to do with it," Isa said.

"I'll be right over first thing in the morning to have a look at it," Professor Oak said. "Keep it inside the ball until I arrive."

"Of course," Isa said.

"Not one of us is gonna touch it until you get here," Lea said.

"I know I can count on you two," Professor Oak said.

On the very next morning, Sora's mother told him he had to head back to Pallet Town because something has came up. Sora knew what that something was. She also told him that he will be back in time for his battle.

It was time for Sora to choose his next opponent. He grabbed a fishing pole and waited his turn.

"Sora Ketchum from Pallet Town, you're next," the clerk said. Sora placed the fishing line in the little pond and pulled out a Magikarp and had A-3 on the side. "A-3. That means your next opponent will be displayed on the screen." Sora's photo shows up on the screen and the screen also reveals that his next opponent is going to be Cornelius.

"Cornelius?!" Sora asked in shock.

Kairi, and the Alolan nine were all shocked to witness the next trainer Sora will face will be Cornelius. Sora turns to see Cornelius who had shared Sora's shock. He walked up to Sora and sighed.

"Well, it looks like we're going to be battling one another," Cornelius said.

"Yeah. It seems," Sora agreed.

"No matter who wins, just know that nothing will change," Cornelius said. "Your friendship with me means so much to me."

"Thanks Cornelius," Sora said. "Just don't hold anything back."

"Wouldn't dream of it," Cornelius said.

Both trainers had parted ways for now. They both knew very well, that only one of them will be moving on to the finals. Sora had thought long and hard about which Pokémon he was gonna use. He sent over Decidueye and Vulpix for Charizard and Lycanroc.

Sora figured Cornelius had to be using his Lycanroc for the battle, so he came fully prepared.

Several hours had passed and the battle of Sora and Cornelius was about to start. Sora had chosen his three Pokémon for the battle. He had decided that he was gonna use Pikachu, Charizard and Lycanroc. Delia and Kairi's grandmother have taken their seats with Riku, Naminé, Eevee, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, the Alolan nine, and Lana's sisters to watch the battle to begin. Edgar had taken his seat to witness the battle.

"Ladies and gentlemen! The fifth round of the Indigo Plateau Pokémon League tournament is about to begin! It will be a battle between Sora Ketchum from Pallet Town and Cornelius from Cinnabar Island! Which one of these two gladiators will be moving on to the semifinals?" The announcer asked. Sora, Kairi, and Cornelius enters the ring to get started with their battle. "Cornelius and Sora has entered the ring. Sora's coach Kairi has taken her seat at the bench behind him while Cornelius has entered solo. Both trainers are using three Pokémon each and the battle is over when all three are unable to battle!" The referee raises both flags.

"Begin!" The referee said. Cornelius threw his Pokéball letting out his first Pokémon.

"Go! Alakazam!" Cornelius's Pokéball and lets out his Alakazam. The psi Pokémon twirls his spoons upon entry.

"Alakazam!"

"Go! Charizard!" Sora shouted as he threw his Pokéball letting out his Charizard. He lets out a loud roar upon entry.

"Cornelius has chosen Alakazam and Sora has chosen Charizard! Both are considered to be powerhouses! But which one will overpower the other? We'll have to watch to find out!" The announcer announced.

"Charizard! Use Fire Fang!" Sora ordered. Charizard flies towards Alakazam with his mouth emitting fire.

"Sora's Charizard starts things up with a Fire Fang! How will Cornelius counter that?" The announcer asked.

"Alakazam! Use Teleport!" Cornelius ordered. Alakazam teleports out of the way before Charizard could land a hit. Alakazam reappears behind Charizard.

"Charizard has missed its mark! Alakazam has teleported to avoid getting hit!" The announcer announced.

"Now use Mega Punch!" Cornelius ordered. Alakazam launched a powerful punch towards Charizard.

"Charizard! Dodge!" Sora called out. Charizard flies, Alakazam misses. "Now use Flamethrower!" Charizard fires Flamethrower and hits Alakazam clean.

"Charizard lands a good Flamethrower attack after Alakazam misses with Mega Punch! How will Cornelius manage against this red hot behemoth?" The announcer asked.

"Alakazam! Psycho Cut!" Cornelius ordered. Alakazam forms five pink crescent-like blades of energy in front of its body. It then fires the blades at Charizard.

"Charizard! Dodge it!" Sora called out. Charizard tried to fly away from it, but the attack came too fast and the hit got critical.

"Alakazam's Psycho Cut has done some serious damage to Charizard! Just hope Sora has something up his sleeve!" The announcer announced.

"Wing Attack!" Sora called out. Charizard flies towards Alakazam with his wings out.

"Alakazam! Teleport!" Cornelius ordered. Alakazam teleports out of the way once again to avoid getting hit by Charizard's wings.

"Keep going!" Sora called out. Charizard kept trying to hit Alakazam as he kept teleporting from each Wing Attack.

"Alakazam is evading Charizard's Wing Attack. Charizard is keep trying to land a hit!" The announcer announced. Alakazam kept teleporting, but Alakazam was getting exhausted from each time. Charizard was just as getting as Alakazam. They kept going until Charizard landed a hit on Alakazam. "And Charizard succeeds in hitting Alakazam! Cornelius's evasion plan has failed him."

"Alakazam! Mega Punch!" Cornelius ordered. Alakazam moved in to land a strong punch on Charizard.

"Fire Fang!" Sora ordered. Charizard lands a fiery hit on Alakazam's arm. "Now finish up with Dragon Claw!" Charizard's claws glowed purple and slashed at Alakazam. The psychic Pokémon falls on his back. The referee raises the green flag.

"Alakazam is unable to battle! Charizard wins!" The referee announced.

"Alakazam was taken out! Cornelius has only two Pokémon left to use!" The announcer announced. Cornelius was very impressed by how Sora handled his Charizard. He could tell how much stronger he got since be met him. "Which Pokémon will Cornelius use next?" Cornelius calls back Alakazam and takes out his Pokéball.

"Go! Farfetch'd!" Cornelius threw his Pokéball and lets out his Farfetch'd.

"Cornelius has sent out his Farfetch'd! Cornelius is feeling confident that his Farfetch'd will come through for him!" The announcer announced. Sora calls back Charizard and looks over to Pikachu.

"You're up, Pikachu!" Sora said to his partner.

"Pika!" Pikachu said as he ran to the battlefield.

"And Sora has sent out Pikachu! Sora has the advantage in this one since Electric Type Pokémon has an edge over Flying Types!" The announcer announced. "This might cost Cornelius greatly!"

"Farfetch'd! Cut!" Cornelius ordered as Farfetch'd charged towards Pikachu with its leek stalk.

"Pikachu! Dodge!" Sora called out. Pikachu dodges Farfetch'd's assault. Farfetch'd kept swinging its stalk hoping to hit Pikachu.

"Farfetch'd is trying to land a hit onto Pikachu, but Pikachu is just moving too fast for Farfetch'd to do so!" The announcer announced. "Both these young trainers are really holding on tight for this! But how long do you think it'll last?" Farfetch'd kept swing and swinging until it accidentally threw its leek. "Uh-oh! Farfetch'd has thrown its own weapon to the side! Farfetch'd has left itself defenseless! Sora won't waste any time! He is definitely gonna take advantage of Cornelius's disposition!"

"Pikachu! Iron Tail!" Sora ordered. Pikachu swung his tail and landed a pretty good hit towards Farfetch'd. The duck Pokémon falls flat on the ground and struggles to get back up.

"Cornelius is in real trouble now! Farfetch'd is trying to stay in this battle! That is one determined Pokémon!" The announcer announced.

"Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" Sora called out. Pikachu fired Thunderbolt and shocks Farfetch'd causing heavy damage to the brown duck Pokémon. Farfetch'd falls on its back dazed and next to the leek stalk. Farfetch'd used it get back up.

"Farfetch'd has taken back its stalk and is using it to get back on its feet!" The announcer announced. Farfetch'd falls back down knocked out. "But Farfetch'd dosen't have enough stamina to get back up!" The referee raises the green flag.

"Farfetch'd is unable to battle! Pikachu wins!" The referee announced. Professor Oak managed to make it joining Delia, Kairi's grandmother, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, the Alolan nine, and Lana's sisters.

"Sorry I'm a little late," Professor Oak apologized. "Took longer than I thought."

"It's understandable, professor," Delia said.

"And Sora has taken down two of Cornelius's Pokémon!" The announcer announced. "He has just one Pokémon left! Which Pokémon will he choose next?" Cornelius took out his Pokéball and threw it.

"Lycanroc! Go!" Cornelius said as the Pokéball lets out his partner.

"Cornelius has chosen Lycanroc for his final Pokémon!" The announcer announced. "He must have been saving the best for last!"

"I knew you were gonna use your Lycanroc for this battle!" Sora said. "Just like our last battle!"

"You're right, Sora!" Cornelius said. "I can tell how much stronger you've gotten since then! So have I!" Cornelius raised his hand and threw it forward. "Lycanroc! Accelerock!" Lycanroc charged at Pikachu with her speed attack.

"Pikachu! Quick Attack!" Sora ordered. Pikachu ran towards Lycanroc matching speed for speed.

"Incredible! Pikachu and Lycanroc are going at each other like living bullets! The speed of these two Pokémon is astounding!" The referee announced. "But will one outrun the other?"

"Lycanroc! Crunch!" Cornelius ordered. Lycanroc moved in to take a bite out of Pikachu.

"Pikachu! Iron Tail!" Sora called out. Pikachu swung at the wolf Pokémon. Lycanroc's Crunch missed as Pikachu's Iron Tail hits.

"That was a super-effective hit on Pikachu's part! Sora really must have done his homework to use a Steel Type move against a Rock Type Pokémon!" The announcer announced. Lycanroc wasn't gonna back down because of Type effects. "Lycanroc doesn't seem to be phased by Pikachu's Iron Tail despite being hit! What will Cornelius have his Lycanroc do?"

"Lycanroc! Rock Slide!" Cornelius ordered. Lycanroc formed rocks as Lycanroc's stone collar glows blue. And sends the attack towards Pikachu. The rocks come raining down and Pikachu tries to avoid them.

"Pikachu is really caught between a rock and a hard place trying to avoid getting squashed by Rock Slide!" The announcer announced. Some of the rocks lands a hit on the yellow mouse Pokémon. "But the rocks had made it difficult for Pikachu to use its speed!"

"Accelerock!" Cornelius ordered. Lycanroc used her speed attack to finish off Pikachu. Pikachu falls to the ground beaten. The referee raises the red flag.

"Pikachu is unable to battle! Lycanroc wins!" The referee announced.

"Cornelius has taken out one of Sora's Pokémon! He was having a rocky start having to lose his first two Pokémon! Sora will have to come up with a plan to take down Lycanroc!" The announcer announced. Pikachu goes to Kairi's side. She rubs him on the head.

"You did great, Pikachu," Kairi said.

"Pika," Pikachu said feeling guilty for losing. Sora pulls out Charizard's Pokéball.

"Charizard! Back to action!" Sora threw the Pokéball letting out Charizard.

"Sora lets out his Charizard! But Cornelius has the advantage in Type this time since Charizard is both a Fire Type and a Flying Type! Charizard will have a real hard time with this one!" The announcer announced.

"Charizard! Dragon Claw!" Sora ordered. Charizard moves in to slash at Lycanroc with his claws glowing purple.

"Rock Slide again!" Cornelius called out. Lycanroc throws another Rock Slide and causes heavy damage to the dragon-like Pokémon. "Accelerock!" Lycanroc uses her speed attack to finish off Charizard just like she did with Pikachu. The referee raises the red flag.

"Charizard is unable to battle! Lycanroc wins!" The referee announced.

"Things are really rocking since Cornelius is making a fierce comeback! Sora now has one Pokémon left! Will Sora send out a Grass Type, a Water Type, a Fighting Type, or maybe a Ground or Steel Type, perhaps?" The announcer asked. Sora calls back Charizard.

"I know which one to use," Sora said taking out his Pokéball and threw it. "Go! Lycanroc!" The Pokéball opens and Dusk Lycanroc howls upon entry.

"So it's Lycanroc versus Lycanroc! This match could determine which one these two Pokémon will reign supreme!" The announcer announced. "I will be at the edge of my seat!"

"I had a feeling you were going to send your Lycanroc against mine," Cornelius said. "Just wanna see how much stronger your Lycanroc gotten since evolving!"

"I'm just gotta show you, not tell you," Sora stated. smirking. "Lycanroc! Accelerock!" Dusk Lycanroc used his speed attack towards his Midday counterpart.

"Lycanroc! You use Accelerock too!" Cornelius ordered. Midday Lycanroc charged towards her Dusk counterpart with the same speed. They clash into each other. Then they skidded back as they stare into each other growling.

"Rock Slide!" Cornelius ordered. Midday Lycanroc fired Rock Slide towards Dusk Lycanroc, and Sora saw that coming.

"Rock Throw!" Sora ordered. Dusk Lycanroc fired Rock Throw towards Midday Lycanroc's Rock Slide making the rocks crumble into pebbles upon contact.

"Crunch!" Sora and Cornelius shouted at once. Both Lycanroc charged towards one another gave each other good bites on their legs.

"Wow! These two seems to be evenly matched!" The announcer announced. "With a battle this intense, it could go on for hours! They really wanna keep going like this!"

"Lycanroc! Crush Claw!" Cornelius ordered. Midday Lycanroc moves in to swipe at Dusk Lycanroc.

"Dodge and use Accelerock!" Sora ordered. Dusk Lycanroc obeyed and charged towards Midday Lycanroc and hitting her on the side. "Crunch!" Dusk Lycanroc gave her a devastating bite attack on Midday Lycanroc's leg. "Rock Throw!" Dusk Lycanroc's glowed red as Lycanroc didn't use Rock Throw, instead he used Stone Edge. The attack headed towards Midday Lycanroc and she got hit by the attack.

"Incredible! Sora's Lycanroc has managed to give Cornelius's Lycanroc a pretty bad run with that Stone Edge attack!" The announcer announced. "Cornelius better come up with something fast!"

"Lycanroc! Accelerock!" Cornelius ordered. Midday Lycanroc attempted to do so, when she felt the injury on her leg kick in. Midday Lycanroc couldn't use it due to the Crunch she got from Dusk Lycanroc.

"Now use Accelerock! Full speed ahead!" Sora called out. Dusk Lycanroc charged towards Midday Lycanroc and gives her a super clean hit. That would have been enough. Midday Lycanroc was still standing and panting. Dusk Lycanroc also panted feeling tired from that intense battle. They both stare into each other while panting. Midday Lycanroc smiles and then falls to the ground, beaten. The referee raises the green flag.

"Cornelius's Lycanroc is unable to battle! Sora's Lycanroc wins! The victory goes to Sora Ketchum from Pallet Town!" The referee announced.

"And now Sora is moving on to the semifinals! Sora has battled his way and it seems his hard work has paid off!" The announcer announced. Kairi walks up to Sora and raises his hand in hers. "And it looks like his coach is sharing his happiness!"

Delia was very proud of her son for winning, while Ventus cheered along the roaring crowd. Riku, Naminé, Eevee, and the Alolan nine were all proud to see how Sora came long since meeting him.

Cornelius walks up to his fallen Lycanroc holding her head up.

"You okay, Lycanroc?" Cornelius asked. Lycanroc barked in response and sadly. "Don't apologize to me. You did your best. Win or lose, you'll always be number one to me." Lycanroc licks Cornelius on the face while he laughs.

Sora has won the fifth round of the Pokémon League tournament! Now he will be using six Pokémon each! Can Sora make it to the final round and bring home the gold? And what does Professor Oak have in store for the Poipole caught by Sora? Just wait and see what happens next.