Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Indigo Plateau Round 4 ( Chapter 77 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 77: Indigo Plateau Round 4

On the very next day, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, the Alolan nine, Lana's sisters, Terra,Ventus, and Aqua were watching Gary Oak begin his battle against Edgar on the Water Field. Gary's cheerleaders cheered on Gary for his battle. Gary looked at his opponent and smirked. Gary was in the red podium and Edgar was in the green podium.

"And the third battle on the Water Field is about to be underway!" The announcer announced. "It's Gary Oak, the grandson of Professor Samuel Oak from Pallet Town versus Edgar from Lumiose City in the far off Kalos region! What kind of surprises are these two gonna show us?"

"This is going to be easy," Gary said.

"Don't be so sure," Edgar said. "I have anticipated that I will be facing the grandson of the famous Professor Samuel Oak. Just do not disappoint me." Edgar chuckled.

"You're going to be disappointed when you lose!" Gary said laughing.

"If you say so," Edgar said.

Both trainers readied their Pokéballs.

"For my first Pokémon shall be, Electivire!" Gary threw his Pokéball letting out a yello Pokémon that resembles a yeti or Sasquatch and has two long black tails with red tips that look like LED light bulbs. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned Gary's Pokémon.

Electivire, the Thunderbolt Pokémon

The evolved form of Electabuzz

Type: Electric

As its electric charge amplifies, blue sparks begin to crackle between its horns. It pushes the tips of its two tails against the foe, then lets loose with over 20,000 volts of power.

Edgar smirks and threw his Pokéball, "Lickilicky! Go in there!" Edgar's Pokémon is a pink Pokémon resembling a Lickitung. It has a long tongue and a backwards curl upon its head. On each of its stubby arms is a small claw. It also has a long tail. It has a white mark similar to a bib and three yellow marks that look like waves. Sora scanned this Pokémon with his Pokédex.

Lickilicky, the Licking Pokémon

The evolved form of Lickitung

Type: Normal

Their saliva contains lots of components that can dissolve anything. The numbness caused by their lick does not dissipate. It wraps things with its extensible tongue. Getting too close to it will leave you soaked with drool.

"And I thought Lickitung had quite a tongue," Sora said making his cousin chuckle and his girlfriend giggle.

"You battled against this guy and won, right?" Riku asked.

"Yeah. The Pokémon Edgar had were pretty something. That Lickilicky looks pretty tough to me," Sora said.

"Indeed," Illima agreed. "And I doubt Gary will find it easy as he will soon discover."

The rest of the Alolan nine agreed as they watched the battle about to start.

"Begin!" The referee said raising his flags.

"Electivire! Use Thunder Punch!" Gary ordered. Electivire charged towards Lickilicky with its fists emitting electricity.

"Lickilicky! Dodge and use Rollout!" Edgar ordered. Lickilicky curls its body and rolls away making Electivire miss. Then comes back and hits Electivire on the mark.

"Lickilicky lands a pretty mean hit on Electivire. It gets stronger with each move being used," the announcer announced. "Can Gary come up a backup plan?"

"Like you have to ask," Gary said. "Electivire! Charge Beam!" Electivire fires a beam of electricity towards Lickilicky. Edgar didn't seem so worried.

"Protect!" Edgar ordered. Lickilicky forms a protective barrier around itself. Charge Beam fails to hit its mark. That made Gary growl with frustration.

"Just look at that! Edgar has blocked Gary's attack with Protect!" The Announcer announced. "But Gary isn't going to give up that easily!"

"Electivire! Iron Tail!" Gary ordered. Electivire's two tails and swung at Lickilicky. Electivire's tails stops Lickilicky's Rollout. But Edgar is unphased.

"Lickilicky! Power Whip!" Edgar ordered. Lickilicky's tongue glows green and smacks into Electivire hard. "Now use Body Slam!" Lickilicky slams its body on Electivire. Lickilicky gets off of Electivire seeing its opponent knocked out. The referee raises the green flag.

"Electivire is unable to battle! Lickilicky wins!" The referee announced.

"And Gary Oak gets into a shaky start!" The announcer announced. "Edgar has taken an early lead in this battle! What will Gary send out next?" Gary calls back Electivire and pulls out another Pokéball.

"Go! Kingler!" Gary said throwing his Pokéball letting out his Kingler.

"Gary has chosen Kingler as his Pokémon!" The announcer announced. "Will Edgar change Pokémon or will he stick with Lickilicky?" Edgar calls back Lickilicky. And pulls out another Pokéball. "It looks Edgar is making the switch!"

"Exeggutor! Go!" Edgar had let out an Exeggutor, but this one has an extremely long neck. It has two stubby legs and a short tail. It has three coconut-like heads and a fourth on the end of its tail.

"Edgar has an Alolan Exeggutor! And this one is a Grass Type and a Dragon Type!" The announcer announced as Sora pulls out his Pokédex.

Exeggutor Alolan Form, the Coconut Pokémon

The evolved form of Exeggcute

Type: Grass/Dragon

Alola is the best environment for this Pokémon. Local people take pride in its appearance, saying this is how Exeggutor ought to look. As it grew taller and taller, it outgrew its reliance on psychic powers, while within it awakened the power of the sleeping dragon.

"Doesn't look very dragonish to me," Sora said putting his Pokédex away.

"That's an amazing Exeggutor," Terra said.

"The people on Alola say that is Exeggutor's true form since it originated from the tropics," Illima said. "Let's see how well he handles his Exeggutor."

"Kingler! Metal Claw!" Gary ordered. Kingler moved towards Exeggutor with its pincers metallic.

"Exeggutor! Dragon Hammer!" Edgar ordered. Exeggutor moves its long neck and slams its heads into Kingler.

"Exeggutor has stopped Kingler from coming close with its fierce Dragon Hammer attack. Gary better think of something fast!" The announcer announced.

"Kingler! Crab Hammer!" Gary ordered. Kingler swung its large pincer towards Exeggutor.

"Kingler is coming out to swing with its Crab Hammer attack! Will hit or will it miss?" The announcer asked.

"Energy Ball!" Edgar ordered. "Full power!" Exeggutor formed a huge green orb of energy and fired it towards the crab Pokémon landing a strong hit. "Dragon Hammer!" Exeggutor slams its heads into Kingler.

"Ooh! That was very painful to watch! Exeggutor has countered Kingler's Crab Hammer with an Energy Ball and followed with an Energy Ball! It dosen't look good for Gary's Kingler," the announcer announced. Kingler struggles to get back up only to fall in front. The referee raises the green flag.

"Kingler is unable to battle! Exeggutor wins!" The referee announced.

"And that's two-for-two! Edgar has Gary on the ropes now! Gary has only one Pokémon left!" The announcer announced Gary calls back Kingler. "Which one will it be?"

"Go Blastoise!" Gary shouted as he took out his Pokéball and threw it. The Pokéball opens and lets out his Blastoise. Edgar grins and calls back his Exeggutor.

"Edgar has called back his Exeggutor," the announcer announced. "Is he sending his Lickilicky back out? Or does he have something else in mind?" Edgar pulls out another Pokéball and threw it.

"Here's my Blastoise! Go!" Edgar has thrown his Pokéball letting out his own Blastoise. Edgar's Blastoise has a marble-like stone that is silver with a blue and brown wavy stripe in the center. It is tied in a belt on its forehead.

"It looks like it's Blastoise vs Blastoise! Now we will see which Blastoise is the superior one!" The announcer announced.

Sora and his friends were amazed to see that they both had a Blastoise of their own, but Sora was looking at Edgar's Blastoise.

"What is he planning to do?" Sora asked in his thoughts.

"Now the stage is set. What you been through was only the overture," Edgar said pulling out a stone similar to the one his Blastoise is holding. "Now it is time for the finale." Edgar the stones both he and he and his Blastoise began to glow simultaneously.

Everyonewere caught off guard by the sudden burst of energy originating from Blastoise.

"I am not sure what is happening, ladies and gentlemen! But there's something going on with Edgar's Blastoise!" The announcer announced.

Gary and his cheerleaders shielded their eyes while Edgar kept watching.

"Oh Mega Stone, Power from Kalos! Hear my prayer! Heed me on my side! Let me go beyond evolution and breath your power into my Blastoise! Give my Blastoise the power of Mega Evolution!" Edgar said.

With that said, Edgar's Blastoise underwent a transformation. Edgar's Blastoise has developed two smaller shells over its arms, each with their own water cannon. The two cannons on its back are replaced by a single, central water cannon of greater size that can retract into its shell. Small ridges develop over its now-red eyes and extend to its ears. The ears angle slightly backward and there is a small point on its chin.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, the Alolan nine, Terra ,Ventus, Aqua and Lana's sisters were amazed by the sight of the transformation.

"That is so cool!" Ventus said almost yelling.

"Is that what I think it is?" Sora asked.

"It is," Riku said.

"It could only be one thing," Kiawe said.

Sora and Kairi finished, "Mega Evolution."

Gary gasped in surprise at the sight of this Blastoise in front of him. He knew exactly what it was. He just never imagined that he would see it with his own eyes.

"Incredible! Edgar's Blastoise is now a Mega Blastoise! What we are witnessing is what is known in the land of Kalos is Mega Evolution!" The announcer announced.

"What's Mega Evolution?" Ventus asked.

"It's an incredible power that can grant certain Pokémon with incredible power," Lillie explained. "It happens when the bonds of Pokémon and their trainers are strong. And they undergo a transformation. Evolving them further."

"Evolve further?! So awesome!" Ventus beamed with stars sparkling in his eyes.

"But Mega Evolution is only temporary," Lana said. "When the battle is over, they revert back."

Sora was very amazed by the sight. He had only heard about it, but it was the first time he actually got to see it with his own eyes. The same can be said for Kairi.

"So that's Mega Evolution. His Blastoise is even stronger," Gary said to himself. "But not stronger than my Blastoise! I'll be making a comeback! Blastoise Hydro Pump!" Blastoise fires Hydro Pump from its cannons towards Mega Blastoise.

"Blastoise! Show that Blastoise a real Hydro Pump!" Edgar called out. Mega Blastoise fired Hydro Pump from the cannons in its arms and the one on the shell and they go through Blastoise's attack.

"No way!" Gary exclaimed.

"Now use Dragon Pulse!" Edgar called out as Mega Blastoise sends out a dragon shaped aura towards Blastoise hitting Gary's first Pokémon.

"Mega Blastoise's power is amazing! First it cuts through its counterpart's Hydro Pump, then fires a devastating Dragon Pulse attack!" The announcer announced. "But will Gary's Blastoise withstand it?" Blastoise is in the water knocked out. The referee raises the green flag.

"Blastoise is unable to battle! Mega Blastoise wins! Edgar wins the battle!" The referee announced.

"And Edgar has won it without losing a single Pokémon! Edgar has won all four rounds! He will be moving on to the Indigo Stadium!" The announcer announced. Mega Blastoise reverts back to normal as Edgar calls it back.

"You were right about one thing," Edgar said. "I am disappointed; even after I told you not to. At least Sora put up a much better fight than you did. And there is no shame in losing to him." Edgar took his leave. Gary was at a total loss for words. Gary's cheerleaders were all crying over Gary's defeat.

Sora shared Gary's loss for words witnessing his defeat at Edgar's hands. He couldn't help but feel sorry for his rival.

"Edgar is way better than I remember," Sora said. "I know I'll have a hard time with him the next time I battle him."

"Yeah. You will," Kairi agreed.

Gary was taking his leave in the red car waiting for him. He spots Sora, Riku, and their partners standing outside.

"Come to gloat at me, Sora?" Gary asked.

"No I didn't. You should know that's not my thing," Sora said.

"We just found it hard to believe that you lost. Edgar really did a number on you," Riku said.

"Ha! He just got lucky because I got distracted by all the girls cheering for me," Gary said.

"More likely, he had an edge over you from the start," Riku said. Gary looks over to Sora.

"He mentioned that he battled you and he lost," Gary pointed out. "How is it that you won over him and I lost?" Sora didn't answer. Sora only knew he battled hard against Edgar and emerged. He also knew Edgar is especially going to be a difficult one in the tournament. And how tough it was going to be ahead on. "They're disappointed, but they'll get over it. Won't you, girls?" The cheerleaders kept crying as Gary got in the car. "Later, Sora." The car drives off leaving the Indigo Plateau.

"I just find it hard to believe that he got knocked out after winning three rounds," Sora said. "Edgar I did expect to win four; but against Gary."

"With that stunt Edgar pulled with that Mega Evolution, Gary never stood a chance," Riku said. "It gets tougher from here."

"Eevee," Eevee nodded in agreement.

"I know," Sora said. "You're right. I could lose even after my hard work to get here." Sora sighed. "I just have to try harder."

"Pikachu," Pikachu said. He felt his trainer's confidence.

"Just don't overdue it," Riku said. "Just keep a cool head even the trying of circumstances." Riku placed his hand on Sora's shoulder. "I believe you can make it so far. And so do Naminé, Terra, Ven, Aqua, Lillie, Illima, Mallow, Sophocles, Lana, Kiawe, Acerola, Mina, Hapu, and especially Kairi." Sora saw how serious he is. "You came so far." Sora knew Riku was right. Sora battled against all eight Gym Leaders and won a Badge from each victory. Those eight badges weren't just proof of his victories, but proof of his hard work. The battles against Brock, Misty, Surge, Erika, Koga, Sabrina, Blaine, and Hayner were trying, but he came through. The battle against Surge took him two tries, but he still came through.

Sora and Pikachu spotted Kairi carrying Togepi in her arms. The couple headed to the Grass Field for Sora's fourth round. Sora accessed his Pokédex and exhanged Poliwrath and Primape for Venusaur and Decidueye since Grass Types would be appropriate for the Grass Field. He also exchanged Charizard for Vulpix for the battle.

The Alolan nine, Lana's sisters, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua all took their seats on the stadium as Riku, Naminé, and Eevee joined Kairi at Sora's side. Elsewhere on the stadium, Tai, Kari, Matt, TK, Sara, Izzy, Mimi, Joe, Davis, Ken, Yolei, and Cody had just taken their seats. It didn't take long until Takuya, Koji, Kouichi, Tommy, Zoe, JP, Mime Jr., and Munchlax joined them. Takato, Henry, Rika, Guil, Jerri, Suzie, Kenta, and Kazu joined in as well. Elsewhere, Gladion and Hau had just arrived at the Indigo Plateau and on time for Sora's battle to begin; they are joined by Ryo as well. Edgar had taken his seat among the spectators on time for Sora's battle to begin.

"This will be Sora's fourth round. Sora is going to win it," Ventus said.

"If Kairi was with us, she would agree," Acerola said.

"Only because she's rooting for her boyfriend," Hapu said.

"That part is true at least," Kiawe agreed.

"Kairi was rooting for Sora even before they became a couple," Mallow pointed out.

"Mallow's right. Kairi was there for Sora and I think he had gotten stronger because of her," Illima said.

"It's like Kairi is one of the Island Guardians back home," Lana said.

"In one way, perhaps," Illima said.

"Well, if Kairi and Ven believes in Sora, we all should believe in him," Sophocles said.

"Sophocles is right too," Lillie agreed. "Sora came a long way since he left for his Pokémon training. And we were there along with him and Pikachu."

"His fire burns even hotter than mine," Kiawe said.

Terra and Aqua both agreed to what they all said.

"Yeah!" Lana's sisters both said.

"It's good to know Sora has really good friends to support him no matter the odds," a familiar voice said. They all saw that the voice came from Professor Oak. He is joined by Delia and Kairi's grandmother. "And you are all right to believe in him. And I was wrong to doubt him. His successes weren't all for nothing. He worked hard to make it this far. And I couldn't be even more glad to be wrong to doubt him."

"What are you three doing here?" Terra asked.

"And aren't Lea and Isa with you?" Aqua also asked.

"They're still at Pallet Town watching the tournament from there," Delia answered.

"So we came here to root for Sora as well," Kairi's grandmother said.

"Our next battle on the Grass Field is about to begin!" The announcer announced. "Arriving in the green corner is Sora Ketchum from Pallet Town in his fourth round. Sora has won three so far and if he wins this one, then he will be moving on to the Indigo Stadium! But he has to win the battle before that happens!"

"Sora can't lose," Kairi said.

"Toge, Toge," Togepi chirped.

"And now coming to the red corner who hails all the way from the Kingdom Florinda, her royal majesty, Princess Angela Henrietta de Florinda!" The announcer announced as a red carpet rolls out as a young woman with golden blonde hair in curls wearing a white princess dress comes walking out. She also has teal eyes and is wearing a platinum tiara with sapphire engraved on it. Many of the spectators were captivated by her beauty and elegance. They wondered why would a princess would enter a tournament like this. Lana's sisters were just as captivated as this was the first time they actually saw a real princess.

"I am honored," the princess greeted.

"Now let the match begin!" The announcer announced. The referee raised both flags.

"Begin!"

"Vulpix! Go!" Sora said taking out his Pokéball and threw. The Pokéball lets out his Vulpix.

"Vulpix!" Sora's Vulpix cried out upon entry.

"And my first Pokémon shall be..." Princess Angela out a Pokéball, "Vileplume!" She threw it letting out her Vileplume. The princess's Vileplume had big dots on the flower petals. "Vileplume! Petal Blizzard!" Vileplume fires a blizzard of flower petals towards Vulpix.

"Dodge and use Flame Burst!" Sora ordered. Vulpix forms a big fireball and hurls it towards Vileplume and burns the flower petals. "Now use Quick Attack!"

"Use Razor Leaf!" Princess Angela ordered. Vileplume fires Razor Leaf while Vulpix runs. The fox Pokémon gets hit by some and is sent back.

"It looks like the princess's Vileplume is fighting back against Sora's Vulpix! Vileplume seems to have the upperhand despite the Type disadvantage!" The announcer announced.

"Full power Flamethrower!" Sora ordered. Vulpix fired a full powered Flamethrower straight at Vileplume burning the leaves and the intensity of the attack hits Vileplume engulfing the flower Pokémon in flames. When the flames had subsided, Vileplume falls on its back in its burns. The referee raises the green flag.

"Vileplume is unable to battle! Vulpix wins!" The referee announced.

"And Sora takes an early lead in this battle! The princess has just got herself into a real hot situation," the announcer announced. "Does the princess have a trick up her sleeve?"

"I do, indeed," she said calling back her Vileplume. She throws another Pokéball. "Clefable! Go!" Her Pokéball opens and lets out her Clefable.

"Princess Angela's second Pokémon is Clefable! And this one looks like a force to be reckoned with," the announcer announced. Sora calls back Vulpix.

"You did great, Vulpix!" Sora said. He pulls out another Pokéball and threw it. "Venusaur! Go!" Sora lets out his Venusaur.

"Venusaur!" Venusaur stomps the ground.

"And Sora sends out his Venusaur! And Sora has once again taken advantage of Type since Fairy Type Pokémon don't fare so well against Poison Types," the announcer announced.

"Venusaur! Razor Leaf!" Sora ordered. Venusaur fires Razor Leaf towards Clefable.

"Clefable! Dodge and use Fire Punch!" Princess Angela ordered. Clefable charges in with its fist emitting fire.

"Vine Whip! Aim for Clefable's feet!" Sora called out. Venusaur launched Vine Whip towards Clefable and struck one of Clefable's feet making the fairy Pokémon trip and fall.

"How embarrassing for the princess! Her Clefable had tripped over Venusaur's Vine Whip!" Clefable gets back up. "But Clefable is still able to get up and dust itself off."

"Clefable! Use Metronome!" Princess Angela ordered. Clefable swings its arms back and forth.

"Clefable is now using Metronome! Sora and Venusaur has to be ready for anything for this one because just about anything could happen!" The announcer announced.

"Venusaur! Brace yourself for anything!" Sora called out. Venusaur braced himself as he got ready for anything being tossed at him. Clefable swung its arms until Clefable releases a strong wind with sparkling blue snow in it at Venusaur from its body.

"Venusaur just got hit by Icy Wind! And that was a pretty decent hit since Grass Types are weakened against Ice Type attacks!" The announcer announced. "And it cuts the speed of the target once it hits!"

"Razor Leaf!" Sora ordered. Venusaur fires Razor Leaf again. The leaves heads towards Clefable. Clefable avoids the Razor Leaf attack.

"Clefable is dodging Razor Leaf from left to right! But it look like Venusaur is becoming relentless from the attacks!" The announcer announced.

Clefable kept dodging and dodging until its luck ran out and gets hit by the leaves. Clefable falls on its back knocked out from the attack. The referee raises the green flag.

"Clefable is unable to battle! Venusaur wins!" The referee announced.

"And that makes two in Sora's favor!" The announcer announced as Delia and Ventus cheers as Sora has taken down both of the princess's Pokémon. "Princess Angela now has one Pokémon left! What will she use next?"

She calls back her fallen Clefable, "I have to admit, you are better than I thought. But the battle isn't over yet." She took out another Pokéball. "Now my final Pokémon shall be..." she throws it. "Cutiefly!" Her Pokéball lets out a small insectoid Pokémon. It has fairly large and wide wings, despite how tiny it is. Its face is varies in shades of yellow, following along with four black legs, with round feet. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon.

Cutiefly, the Bee Fly Pokémon

Type: Bug/Fairy

It feeds on the nectar and pollen of flowers. Because it's able to sense auras, it can identify which flowers are about to bloom. Myriads of Cutiefly flutter above the heads of people who have auras resembling those of flowers.

"It appears the princess has chosen has chosen Cutiefly as her final Pokémon! Venusaur has the advantage in both Type and size! How long will this little one last against his Venusaur?" The announcer asked.

"Venusaur! Razor Leaf!" Sora ordered. Venusaur fires Razor Leaf straight at Cutiefly.

"Cutiefly! Dodge it!" Princess Angela called out. Cutiefly flies through the Razor Leaf like it was nothing. Cutiefly flies towards Venusaur while Razor Leaf misses.

"I do not believe it! Cutiefly is flying through Venusaur's Razor Leaf like it was nothing! I have to admit that I was wrong to underestimate this Pokémon for its size!" The announcer announced.

"Stun Spore!" Princess Angela ordered. Cutie sprinkled Stun Spore on Venusaur and became paralyzed.

"Uh-oh! Venusaur is now paralyzed! Could it be over for Venusaur? We're about to find out!" The announcer announced.

"Use Silver Wind!" Princess Angela ordered. Cutiefly flapped its wings creating a giant silver tornado and it struck Venusaur and goes flying.

"Venusaur has been taken into a silver twister! It's starting to look like the Wizard of Oz down there! I sure wouldn't wanna be crushed by Venusaur's weight!" The announcer announced. Venusaur falls to the ground and lands on his stomach. The referee raises the red flag.

"Venusaur is unable to battle! Cutiefly wins!" The referee announced.

"And Cutiefly has triumphed over Venusaur! It was like David and Goliath down there!" The referee announced. Cutiefly then started to evolve. "Wait a minute! Cutiefly is starting to evolve!" Cutiefly evolved into a Pokémon with a large head, slightly smaller body, and thin arms and legs. It is covered in fluffy, yellow hair with a white face, lower body, and a tuft of hair on its back. It has big eyes with a one white and one brown square speck in the center. Over its eyes are white hairs similar to eyelashes, and it has two black antennae. Around its neck is a brown scarf with a needle-like projection on the front. Two wings nearly as large as its body sprout from its back. The wings are white with three brown loop designs near the base. Its four thin limbs have bulbous hands or feet. "Ladies and gentlemen! Cutiefly has evolved into a Ribombee!" Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon.

Ribombee, the Bee Fly Pokémon

The evolved form of Cutiefly

Type: Bug/Fairy

It rolls up pollen into puffs. It makes many different varieties, some used as food and others used in battle. Rain makes pollen damp, so Ribombee hates rain. When it sees ominous clouds, it finds a hollow in a tree, where it waits stock-still.

"A big Pokémon like Venusaur beaten by such a small Pokémon," Sora said putting his Pokédex away and calling back Venusaur. "Just gotta keep my cool like Riku said." He pulls out another Pokéball and threw it. "Decidueye! Go!" The Pokéball opens and lets out Decidueye.

"And Sora's third Pokémon is a Decidueye! Decidueye is both a Grass and Ghost Type! How will this Pokémon fare against Princess Angela's newly evolved Pokémon? Especially since Ribombee is a Bug Type Pokémon," The announcer announced.

"Decidueye! Use Ominous Wind!" Sora called out. Decidueye sends out the ghostly wind towards Ribombee.

"Ribombee! Dodge it!" Princess Angela ordered. "Now use Pollen Puff!" Ribombee makes a poisonous, purple ball of pollen and throws it at Decidueye. The ball of pollen explodes on contact.

"And that ladies and gentlemen was Ribombee's signature move, Pollen Puff! It either makes a ball of pollen for an ally Pokémon in a double battle or it hurls it at an opposing Pokémon resulting in an explosion as Sora had just found out," the announcer announced. "It looks bad for Sora's Decidueye!"

"Decidueye! Spirit Shackle!" Decidueye takes out an arrow and fires it. It explodes on contact. Ribombee takes damage from the explosion. "Now use Leaf Blade!" Decidueye charges towards the bug Pokémon with wings glowing green.

"Sora is seriously playing for keeps now! Decidueye charges towards Ribombee with Leaf Blade! Will it or will it miss?" The announcer asked.

"Silver Wind!" Princess Angela ordered. Ribombee once again makes a silver tornado and takes Decidueye inside the silver twister.

"Looks like it's happening again! Decidueye is now caught inside of Ribombee's Silver Wind! It's all over for Decidueye!" The announcer announced.

"Razor Leaf!" Sora called out. Decidueye fired Razor Leaf inside the twister. "Now use Ominous Wind!" Decidueye flaps Ominous Wind inside of the silver twister and send it to Ribombee. Kairi and the Alolan nine had seen that before.

"There's a familiar sight," Lana said.

"What is?" Kairi's grandmother asked.

"Sora used this combination before when he battled against Sabrina," Illima remembered. "If this succeeded, Sora may win this."

"That's my Sora. Always thinking on his toes," Delia beamed.

"Sora has Decidueye combine Razor Leaf and Ominous Wind and sent it to Ribombee! How does the princess plan to counter that?" The announcer asked.

"Use Silver Wind and Pollen Puff! Now!" Princess Angela ordered. Ribombee uses Silver Wind first and then throws Pollen Puff inside resulting in an explosion, but it makes a tornado mixed in silver and purple. It cancels out Decidueye's combo attack and hits Decidueye.

"What an upset! Silver Wind and Pollen Puff has combined and blew what plans Sora had for a win!" The announcer announced. The referee raises the red flag.

"Decidueye is unable to battle! Ribombee wins!" The referee announced. Sora calls back Decidueye.

"The princess has beaten two of Sora's Pokémon and both has one each! This will be sudden death for the both of them!" The announcer announced. "Only one of them is gonna move on!"

"Okay, Vulpix! Back to action!" Sora said throwing his Pokéball.

"Vulpix!" Vulpix cried.

"Sora sends Vulpix back out to tango with Princess Angela's Ribombee!" The announcer announced. "Everything depends greatly on this final round of the match!"

"Ribombee! Use Stun Spore!" Princess Angela ordered. Ribombee send Stun Spore to paralyze Vulpix.

"Vulpix! Dodge it!" Sora called out. Vulpix runs from the Stun Spore.

"Don't let it get away!" Princess Angela called out. Ribombee moves in to hit Vulpix with Stun Spore.

"Vulpix is just running away from Ribombee! What could Sora be planning to do? Ribombee is trying to get Vulpix with Stun Spore, but it's just moving!" The announcer announced.

Vulpix just ran into a corner and has nowhere left to run.

"Vulpix," Vulpix said.

"Vulpix has been cornered! And now Ribombee has it where it wants it," the announcer announced.

Just when Vulpix thought it was about to get paralyzed, Vulpix's eyes starts glowing yellow and fired a purple flame from her mouth and it hits Ribombee.

"VUL!" Vulpix roared, unleashing the Fire Type attack.

"What the?!" Sora exclaimed.

"Pika?!"

Kairi, Riku, and Naminé shared his disbelief. Eevee was pretty impressed by the sight. Even the princess was caught off guard by Vulpix's sudden attack.

"Incredible! Vulpix had just fired Inferno! And that must really burns her up!" The announcer announced.

"Well, this is really gonna burn you up! Vulpix Flamethrower!" Sora ordered. Vulpix fired Flamethrower hitting Ribombee.

"Pollen Puff!" Princess Angela ordered.

Ribombee forms a purple ball of pollen and hurls it towards Vulpix.

"Flame Burst!" Sora ordered. Vulpix hurls Flame Burst and collides with Ribombee's Pollen Puff. It creates an explosion.

"Would you look at that?! Flame Burst and Pollen Puff had collided and BOOM! I am at the edge of my seat!" The announcer announced.

"Quick Attack!" Vulpix runs and strikes Ribombee hard. "Full power Flamethrower just like before!" Vulpix let out a powerful Flamethrower like the one she let out on Vileplume earlier. Ribombee was charred and fell to the ground. The referee raises the green flag.

"Ribombee is unable to battle! Vulpix wins! Sora Ketchum from Pallet Town wins the battle!" The referee announced.

"And there you have it! Sora has won all four rounds! He will be moving on to the fifth round at the Indigo Stadium!" The announcer announced. Riku high-fives Sora for his win.

Princess Angela calls Ribombee back to its Pokéball and she approached Sora smiling.

"Congratulations, Sora. I have never enjoyed a battle like ours," the princess said. She held out her hand. Sora shakes her hand.

"Same to you, your highness," Sora said. "You gave me everything you've got."

The princess smiled at that. After a few minutes, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, Riku, Naminé, and Eevee walked out and spotted their friends outside the stadium along with Professor Oak, Delia, and Kairi's grandmother waiting for them.

"Professor Oak and mom?" Sora asked.

"Grandma?" Kairi asked.

"When did you get here?" Sora asked.

"We arrived here earlier. And we were just in time for your match since we were late for Gary's," Professor Oak said. "You should be proud of your victories, Sora."

"Well, I didn't do it alone. I had Kairi with me all along," Sora said taking her hand. He also looked around at the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua. "I had the others with me too. It was like they were right beside me battling."

The Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua all smiled as they knew what he meant.

As they returned to the villa Delia had made them dinner and everyone ate their fill of Delia's cooking and beamed as she saw how much everyone was enjoying their meal.

Soon after the meal, Sora had stepped outside for some fresh air and Kairi joined him.

"What a day I had," Sora said.

"I'll say," Kairi said. "Sora?" Sora turned to face her.

"Yeah?" Sora asked.

"Did you mean what you said about me? And about Lillie, Ven, Terra, Aqua, and the others?" Kairi asked.

"Yeah I did," Sora said. "You were right there with me from the very beginning. You gave me the confidence I needed. I'm glad that you came along with me on my journey, Kairi." Sora smiles and she smiles back at him.

"I am too," Kairi said. Sora and Kairi kisses each on the lips. Pikachu, Togepi, Delia and Kairi's grandmother were watching them from afar with the Alolan girls and Lana's sisters sweetly.

As they parted lips, they went back inside to get ready for bed and rest up for the fifth round. Poipole was in the area and watched the couple. Sora stayed awake a little while longer. He knew the tournament was gonna get tougher from the fifth round and so on to the finals. He just had to give it everything he had. The little purple Ultra Beast looked around and saw the sleeping faces of the humans and Pokémon. Poiple found a spot above them and slept there.