Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Indigo Plateau Round 3 ( Chapter 76 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 76: Indigo Plateau Round 3

Team Rocket has set up their trap to snag Sora and his Pokémon and steal Pikachu from him. Jessie is wearing a nurse's uniform and a Nurse Joy mask. Meowth is seen playing solitaire. James come back in wearing a nurse's uniform as well, but wearing coke bottle glasses and a medical mask.

"Any luck?" Jessie asked under her mask.

"No. I looked everywhere for him, but I had no luck," James said. "We could just wait for him to come. Easier said than done!"

Team Rocket waited, and waited, and waited. Many hours came and went.

"We've been waiting for hours. He isn't coming at all," Meowth said. He looks over at the clock. "It's already 2:00 in the morning."

"James! I think you're plan just sprung a leak," Jessie hissed.

"I just thought it'll work. But we can wait for him for a little while longer," James said making Jessie and Meowth sighed. They waited for another two hours and fell asleep at some point. They snore so loudly when a woman wearing a secretary's clothes and has short purple hair and wearing glasses. With her is an Alolan Meowth and a red penguin-like Pokémon with a white hollow tail. Its face and chest are covered in white feathers with two, three-pointed crests above its eyes. Black markings surround its circular eyes, and it has a light yellow beak and feet. There is a single white spot on its stomach. Its feet have two digits each (Delibird). She takes out a paper bag and blows into it and pops it waking them up.

"We're up! We're up!" Jessie, James, and Meowth yelped. They looked around and saw the woman and her Pokémon with her.

"It's Matori!" Meowth shaked.

"Miss Matori," James said.

"What brings you here?" Jessie asked.

"I have come for the monthly dues you owe," Matori said.

Jessie, James, and Meowth gave off really cold sweat.

"Yeah, about that," Jessie said.

Matori just sighed feeling incredibly irritable just by looking at them.

Over to Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, Riku, Namine, Eevee, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, and Lana's sisters went out for breakfast once again before Sora went over to see which battlefield he was going on next.

As soon as they finished, Sora went over to the registration desk and saw that he'll be on battling on the Ice Field against a young man with sunglasses and short black hair wearing a dark blue jacket with a white shirt that reads "Johnny" across the chest.

"You'll be battling Johnny Blake on the Ice Field," the clerk said. "You'll be the third battle."

"Thanks," Sora said. He stepped outside and joined his friends.

"So where will you be today?" Ventus asked.

"It'll be on the Ice Field. Against someone named Johnny Blake," Sora answered making Aqua cringe at the name.

"Johnny Blake? That guy is a total egomaniac," Aqua said. "Thinks he's untouchable just because he's starred in some movies."

"Never liked him. He always tried to hit on Aqua and never succeeded," Terra said.

Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all understood how Aqua must feel about him. Riku and Naminé were just confused since they never heard of him or seen any of his movies.

A boy wearing a big hat is seen walking with three Bug Type Pokémon. One is a small larva-like Pokémon with large, orange-tipped pincers. Mostly white, it has 2 yellow dots on the side of its body. Its head is primarily brown, with a yellow-rimmed orange helmet-like structure and a sideways, jagged mouth. Another that looks like a small Subway train/battery, the body is colored green, has blue square eyes, a rectangle gray mouth, and orange pincers. And the third is a beetle-like Pokémon that is equipped with a pair of long mandibles. It has a orange-colored face and two yellow robotic eyes. Its entire carapace is dark blue in color while its abdomen has a light gray coloration. Its wings are flat and transparent with a light blue color. Short spikes each line along the inside of Pokémon's mandibles.

"Hey! Look at that!" Ventus exclaimed. "Look at these Pokémon here!"

"Ven! You should settle down!" Aqua chided Ventus. She turns to the kid. "Sorry about that. He gets really excited when meeting Pokémon."

"It's no big deal. They don't seem to mind," he said. Ventus got close to the larva Pokémon only to get pinched on the nose.

"Ouch!" Ventus shouted. Lana's sisters laughed at his predicament while he rubbed his nose.

Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon.

Grubbin, the Larva Pokémon

Type: Bug

It spits a sticky thread to stop opponents in their tracks, and then it grabs them in its sharp, sturdy mandibles to take them down. Its strong mandibles enables it to scrape trees and slurp out the sap. It normally lives underground.

Charjabug, the Battery Pokémon

The evolved form of Grubbin

Type: Bug/Electric

It buries itself in fallen leaves and barely moves, munching away on humus. If you accidentally step on one, you'll get a shock! Its stout shell provides excellent defense from attacks. It uses electricity on persistent opponents.

Vikavolt, the Stag Beetle Pokémon

The evolved form of Charjabug

Type: Bug/Electric

It zips around, on sharp lookout for an opening. It concentrates electrical energy within its large mandibles and uses it to zap its enemies. It shares a fierce rivalry with Pinsir and Heracross for territory and food.

"All three of bugs of an evolution line," Sora said putting his Pokédex away.

"I got them all as a gift," he said to them. "And I had loved them since."

"That's great. And just by looking at them, I can tell how good you raised them," Sora said.

"Thanks. Anyway, I should get them checked into a Pokémon Center. Good talking to you," he said as he and his Pokémon took off.

The group were going to have some lunch before Sora's battle started, but they get approached by Johnny Blake himself. He wore black pants with a "Blake" emblem on his belt.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't my favorite little bluebird," Johnny Blake greeted much to Aqua's disgust. "It's been a while, honey. You on for our date?"

"What date? I never agreed to go out with you," Aqua said.

"Ooh-hoo-hoo! Still as feisty as ever," Johnny Blake said. "Just you and me. After I win my next battle."

"And that would be against me," Sora said. Johhny turns around and scoffs at him.

"Wait, seriously? This little shrimp is my next opponent?" Johnny asked.

"More like a big bad prawn," Sora countered.

"And big talk from a little kid; the one I'm gonna beat," Johnny taunted.

"Fraid not," Sora shot back.

"Fraid so," Johnny countered.

"Fraid not," Sora said.

"Fraid so," Johnny said.

"Fraid not," Sora said.

"Fraid so," Johnny said.

"Fraid so," Sora said.

"Fraid not," Johnny said.

"Fraid so," Sora said.

"Fraid not and that is that," Johnny said.

"Okay, have it your way. You won't beat me in our battle," Sora said as Kairi, Ventus, the Alolan nine and Lana's sisters chuckled.

"That's right. I won't beat you in our bat-HEY!" Johnny said realizing what he just walked into. Everyone started laughing at Johnny making his nostrils flare up. "Nobody makes a fool out of Johnny Blake and gets away with it!"

"Whoa! Take it easy. It was a joke," Sora said.

"That wasn't funny, shrimp. And when I beat you, you'll think think twice before you make a monkey out of me!" Johnny said leaving in a sulk.

After a few minutes, Aqua smiled at Sora.

"Thanks for that, Sora," Aqua said. "You made me forget about my dislike for him."

"Why is he so obsessed with you anyway?" Sora asked.

"Well, it's like this..." Aqua started.

(Flashback, one year ago.)

"It was back in Porta Vista. Johnny Blake had came to town and he had his sights on me when he first saw me," Aqua narrated.

Johnny Blake had stepped out his limo and he spotted Aqua from afar. He lowers his sunglasses and he became interested.

"Mm-mm-mm. Such a lovely little bluebird. Here I come sexy momma," Johnny Blake said. He approached Aqua from behind. "Hey there beautiful. Johnny Blake."

"Good for you," Aqua said.

"What? Doesn't Super Macho mean anything for you? Agent Bobby Thunder? Anything?" Johnny asked.

"Not a one. Not much into movies," Aqua said.

"Oh. Don't matter anyway. How about a date? Just me and you," Johnny offered.

"No thanks," Aqua said. "I should be going." Johnny grabs her by the hand and Aqua turned around.

"Johnny Blake doesn't take no for an answer," Johnny said.

"I said no anyway. So let go of my hand!" Aqua said.

Aqua tried to fight back from his grip only for Terra to intervene and push him off.

"She said no!" Terra told him.

Johnny got up on his feet and smirked.

"Johnny Blake doesn't give up so easily. My dad always said no means yes," Johnny said.

"Well, our dads taught us no means no," Terra said.

Johnny made a swing at Terra only for him to twist his arm.

"Ow! Uncle! Uncle!" Johnny bellowed. Terra lets go of him. "I'll remember this!" Johnny shouted. "Johnny Blake always gets what he wants!"

(Flashback ends)

"If Terra didn't come along, I don't even wanna think about it," Aqua said. Terra smiles. Aqua takes a look at Sora and she gives him a determined look. "Do me a favor and take him down!"

"You can count on me, Aqua!" Sora said.

Sora accessed his Pokédex and exchanged Lycanroc, Tauros, and Snorlax for Primeape, Blastoise, and Poliwhirl. But he decided to go with Primeape, Poliwhirl, and Pikachu for this one. He called out Poliwhirl and he took put his Water Stone and used it to make Poliwhirl evolve into a Poliwrath.

It was time for Sora's battle against Johnny Blake on the Ice Field. Sora retook the green podium and Johnny took the red podium.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Up next we have international movie star, Johnny Blake versus Sora Ketchum from Pallet Town!" the announcer announced. Many of the fans started roaring as they held up Johnny Blake's name in a banner. The others are die-hard Sora fans after winning two matches. "Juding how the crowd must be going, it's a fifty-fifty chance for both trainers. But only one of them will be moving on!"

Sora took out his Dive Ball and threw it, "Poliwrath! Go!" Sora's newly evolved Poliwrath entered the battle. Johnny Blake took out a Pokéball and threw it.

"Go in there, Hitmonlee!" Johnny Blake shouted. The Pokéball opens and lets out his Hitmonlee.

"Sora has chosen Poliwrath and Johnny has chosen Hitmonlee! They're both using Fighting Types! This should be interesting!" The announcer announced. The referee raises his flags.

"Begin!" The referee instructed.

"Hitmonlee! Mega Kick!" Johnny ordered. Hitmonlee moves in to land a powerful kick.

"Poliwrath! Dynamic Punch!" Sora ordered as Poliwrath charged in and landed a punch to block the kick.

"Johnny starts up with Mega Kick and Sora blocks with Dynamic Punch! Talking about a real clash of power!" The announcer announced making the crowd roar.

"Hitmonlee! High Jump Kick!" Johnny ordered as Hitmonlee jumped in the air really high and dove down foot first towards its target.

"Hitmonlee is diving like a missle with that High Jump Kick attack! I hope Sora has a counter measure against that," the announcer announced.

"Poliwrath! Dodge it!" Sora called out. Poliwrath slids on the ice making Hitmonlee miss and hurt itself.

"That has got to be painful! Hitmonlee has missed hurt itself upon missing! What a lucky break for Sora. But I wonder how long it will last," the announcer announced.

"Not for long. Hitmonlee! Rolling Kick!" Johnny ordered. Hitmonlee swings its leg around and roundhouse kicks Poliwrath. "Mega Kick!" Hitmonlee lands its kick on Poliwrath hitting him hard.

"Hitmonlee does a number on Poliwrath! Can Sora's Poliwrath stay in this battle long enough or will it be over before it really starts?" The announcer asked.

"Mega Kick again!" Johnny ordered. Hitmonlee kicks Poliwrath in the air. "Now use High Jump Kick!" Hitmonlee jumps in the air again and heads towards Poliwrath to deliver the finishing blow.

"Hydro Pump!" Sora called out. Poliwrath fired Hydro Pump towards the kicking Pokémon sending the kicking fiend back and hits an icicle sticking out. Hitmonlee falls to the side knocked out. The referee raises the green flag.

"Hitmonlee is unable to battle! Poliwrath wins!" The referee announced.

"There you have it, ladies and gentlemen! Sora has defeated Johnny Blake's first Pokémon!" The announcer announced. "Sora is once again, getting into a good start!"

"That's what you think!" Johnny said calling Hitmonlee back. He pulls out a Pokéball and throws it. "Cloyster! It's your time to shine!" The Pokéball opens and lets out his Cloyster.

"Johnny has let out his Cloyster! This Pokémon really has a hard shell to crack!" The announcer announced. Poliwrath started panting from the Hydro Pump Poliwrath had fired. "And Poliwrath looks pretty pooped from that Hydro Pump and the beat down it got."

"Poliwrath does have the advantage over Cloyster because of Types, but Poliwrath is exhausted from that Hydro Pump and from all those kicks. Better switch with Primeape to play it safe," Sora said in his thoughts. He calls back Poliwrath.

"It looks like Sora is calling back his Poliwrath! Which one will he send out against Johnny Blake's Cloyster?" The announcer asked. Sora took out Primeape's Pokéball.

"Primeape! Go!" Sora said throwing the Pokéball and letting out his Primeape.

"So it's Primeape against Cloyster! This kid came fully prepared for Cloyster since it's an Ice Type," the announcer announced.

"Your little furball won't even phase my Cloyster. And I'll prove it to you!" Johnny said. "Cloyster! Spike Cannon!" Cloyster closes its shell, glows white, and fires multiple white spikes from the shell at Primeape. Primeape takes several hits from the shellfish Pokémon.

"This looks like a devastating hit from Cloyster!" The announcer announced. Primeape gets back up and began to get infuriated. "And it looks like Primeape is really getting steamed up! And I doubt very much even the Ice Field will be enough to cool it down!"

"Primeape! Use Power-Up Punch!" Sora called out as Primeape headed towards Cloyster to land a punch.

"Withdraw!" Johnny ordered as Closyter closes its shell. Primeape punches fhe hard shell of Cloyster.

"Johnny's Cloyster managed to save itself by using its hard shell for defense!" The announcer announced. "Sora's Primeape landed very little damage on Cloyster."

"Let's see if I can do a little more damage," Sora said.

"Go for it, Sora! I'm with you all the way!" Kairi cheered.

"Togepi!" Togepi also cheered.

"Primeape! Stomping Tantrum on Cloyster's shell!" Sora called out. Primeape jumps and land onto Cloyster still having its shell shut. Primeape began stomping on Cloyster's shell.

"It looks like Primeape is trying to force Cloyster in opening up! But it doesn't seem to be working! What could Sora be planning to do?" The announcer asked.

"Yeah, what gives?" Johnny asked.

"Withdraw is a good defense, but Cloyster is taking damage at the same time," Sora said. "Primeape! Keep going!" Primeape continues the stomps.

"Primeape just keeps stomping on Cloyster! And it dosen't look like Cloyster is going to last much longer!" The announcer announced as Cloyster opens up.

"Uh-oh," Johnny said.

"Power-Up Punch!" Sora shouted. Primeape shoots an even stronger punch hitting Cloyster hard.

"And that Power-Up Punch was even stronger than the last one! Sora really has Cloyster on the ropes now!" The announcer announced. Cloyster falls over knocked out. The referee raises the green flag.

"Cloyster is unable to battle! Primeape wins!" The referee announced.

"And it doesn't look good for Johnny boy! Sora has knocked off two of his Pokémon! Johnny really needs to keep his head in the game if he wanna stay in the tournament!" The announcer announced as Johnny growls in frustration. He calls back Cloyster and pulls out another Pokéball. "But what Pokémon will Johnny send out next? Maybe another Water Type? Or will it be an Ice Type?"

"Arcanine! Go!" Johnny said throwing his Pokéball letting out his Arcanine.

"This is an unexpected turn of events! He has sent out Arcanine! A Fire Type Pokémon! It looks like things are about to get hot now!" The announcer announced. Sora calls back Primeape and pulls out his Dive Ball.

"Back to action, Poliwrath!" Sora said throwing the Dive Ball letting out Poliwrath.

"And Sora has sent out his Poliwrath! He really wants to win this since he knows very much about how Water Types are strong against Fire Types," The announcer announced.

"I knew you'd send Poliwrath back out to put out my fire," Johnny said. "But my fire isn't easy to put out!"

"Poliwrath! Hydro Pump!" Sora ordered. Poliwrath fired Hydro Pump to land a hit on Arcanine.

"Arcanine! Dodge it!" Johnny called out. Arcanine jumps as Hydro Pump misses. Poliwrath kept firing, but each one misses.

"Poliwrath seems to be having a hard time keeping up with Arcanine's majestic speed! It looks like Johnny is making a comeback!" The announcer announced.

"Now use Dragon Pulse!" Johnny ordered. Arcanine fired a purple dragon-like aura towards Poliwrath and hits the icicle behind the amphibious Pokémon. The referee raises the red flag.

"Poliwrath is unable to battle! Arcanine wins!" The referee announced.

"Fire trumps water! It looks like Arcanine was too hot for Poliwrath to handle!" the referee announced. "Sora needs to rethink his plan or else it's all over!" Sora calls back Poliwrath and pulls out Primeape's Pokéball.

"Primeape! Back to action!" Sora threw it letting out his Primeape.

"And Ketchum sends Primeape back on the battlefield! Will Johnny mop the floor with Primeape or will Sora claim his victory?" The announcer asked.

"Primeape! Stomping Tantrum!" Sora called out. Primeape went over to stomp on Arcanine as he did with Cloyster, but Johnny saw that coming.

"Arcanine! Flame Charge!" Johnny ordered. Arcanine charged towards the pig monkey Pokémon surrounded by fire. Arcanine hits Primeape clean and Primeape lands on his face knocked out. The referee raises the red flag.

"Primeape is unable to battle! Arcanine wins!" The referee announced.

"And Johnny has taken out two of Sora's Pokémon! Both has one left! Sora is now the one who needs to keep his head in the game!" The announcer announced. "What Pokémon will Sora send out next?" Sora looks over to Pikachu.

"Go for it, Pikachu!" Sora said.

"Pika!" Pikachu nodded and went into battle.

"And it looks like Sora's final Pokémon is his Pikachu! Let's see how this will go!" The announcer announced.

"Pikachu! Quick Attack! Run around the field!" Sora ordered. Pikachu started to run around hoping to catch Arcanine off guard. Arcanine watches the yellow mouse Pokémon run around and around.

"A very impressive bold move as Pikachu on ice runs circles around Arcanine!" The announcer announced.

"Very cute. But not good enough! Arcanine! Fire Blast!" Johnny ordered. Arcanine fired its Fire Blast attack. It misses Pikachu, but melted part of the Ice Field. Kairi was pretty worried now.

"We're too fast for a Fire Blast!" Sora taunted.

"Yeah. But your only chance of winning is just melting away," Johnny countered as Arcanine fired the Fire Blast again and again until only two icebergs were left.

"Unbelievable! Arcanine's Fire Blast has melted the whole field into two little icebergs! Sora's speed plan has really backfired!" The announcer announced. Sora looked at the melted field and gets an idea. "With nowhere to run, Pikachu is trapped! It can't use its Quick Attack!"

"Payback time for making a fool out of me, kid! Now I have you! Arcanine! One more Fire Blast!" Johnny called out. Arcanine fired its attack.

"Pikachu! Jump in the water!" Sora called out. Pikachu jumps in the water. Fire Blast misses and the small iceberg melts. Pikachu swims towards Arcanine. Pikachu resurfaces for air and Arcanine glares down at Pikachu. Sora began to grin. "Gotcha!" Johnny raised a brow. Kairi knew what her boyfriend was up to. She saw it on his last battle.

"What are you grinning about?" Johnny asked.

"Let's just say that you'll be in for a shocking surprise," Sora said with a pun. Johnny frowned as he realized what he did.

"Uh-oh," Johnny said.

"Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" Sora ordered. Pikachu gave Arcanine a really big shock as Arcanine lands in the water.

"Arcanine!" Johnny gasped. Arcanine floats in the water dazed from Pikachu's shock. The referee raises the green flag.

"Arcanine is unable to battle! Pikachu wins! The victory goes to Sora Ketchum from Pallet Town!" The referee announced. The crowd roars as Sora had just won the third round.

"How do you like that, Mr. A-List?" Sora taunted.

"I don't believe it! I lost to some little kid?!" Johnny groaned. "This cannot be happening! This cannot be happening!"

Riku, Naminé, Eevee, the Alolan nine, Lana's sisters, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua all cheered for Sora's victory over Johnny Blake. Aqua was especially happy about the fact Sora had taken him down.

A few hours later, everyone celebrated their victory only to find a package waiting for them.

"Could that be what I think it is?" Riku asked.

"Only one way to find out," Sora said taking the box. Once inside, Sora opened the box and saw several Beast Balls inside. "Just like the one Professor Oak sent me before my first League battle."

Sora and Riku took the Beast Balls and held onto them knowing of the possibilities of bumping into an Ultra Beast sooner or later.

Unknown to anyone, an Ultra Wormhole opens and a small purple and dark pink alien-like creature with a big head. It has three lavender needle-like horns on its head and cyan eyes. Its mouth is small. It has small arms and its neck is extremely skinny. It has stout, short legs with small feet and a very long tail (Poipole). It was an Ultra Beast!

"Poi, Poi!" Poipole chirped.

This turn of event happened sooner than expected. What could happen when Sora and his friends meets Poipole? Just keep reading and find out.