Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Indigo Plateau Round 2 ( Chapter 75 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 75: Indigo Plateau Round 2

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, the Alolan nine, Terra, Ventus, Aqua, and Lana's sisters celebrated Sora's first victory in the Pokémon League tournament.

"That was quite a victory," Illima said.

"I had to admit that I had my doubts about Psyduck," Lillie said.

"But Sora didn't," Lana said. "And I became pretty jealous by the fact that you now have a Golduck." Lana pouted.

"It was amazing," Harper said.

"And it was so cool," Sarah added.

"And if I know dad, he'll probably have another special on you about your victory," Ventus said.

"Well, I don't doubt it," Sora said. "Mom is probably on the phone with your parents right now."

Meanwhile in Porta Vista, it was exactly how Sora had predicted. Delia is on the phone speaking with Danny and Cattleya.

"I know! Can you imagine?!" Danny said.

"Sora has done so well in his first round!" Cattleya said.

"I couldn't be even more proud," Delia said. "What plans do you plan to do, Danny?"

"A Sora special at the Bay of Burgers. Big Earl will have a field day cooking it," Danny said. "I'll give him the word when I open up tomorrow."

Meanwhile back in the Indigo Plateau, Sora was approached by some of the fans asking for his autographs. Many of them were girls around his age, and Kairi felt a little jealous.

"If this keeps up, my hand might fall off from signing so many autographs," Sora said.

"But at least I'll be on your side to keep that from happening," Kairi said. She kissed Sora on the cheek.

"I am so glad that you came along, Kairi," Sora said placing his arm around his girlfriend. He gave her a kiss on the cheek making her giggle. "How about we check the Pokémon in the Pokémon Center and have some alone time."

"You mean a date?" Kairi asked.

"Of course. What do you say? Just you and me," Sora said.

"Oh okay," Kairi said turning to Ventus. "Ven. You think you can babysit Togepi for me?"

"Okay," Ventus said.

"But Aqua and I will help out with that," Terra said.

"So it will be a learning experience for Ven on how to take care of a Pokémon," Aqua said.

With that matter settled, Sora and Kairi set off to a nearby Pokémon Center to drop off his Pokémon. Pikachu joined Ventus and his friends as Riku, Naminé, Eevee, and the Alolan nine set off for some sight seeing.

Sora and Kairi took on many of the sights at the Indigo Plateau. They made a stop to watch a movie together. It turns out to be based from the play they all performed together. Sora and Kairi especially remembered doing it, so they watched the film version of Loving Hearts, holding each other's hands while watching the movie. Sora was lucky that he was a participant because he got to eat for free. Sora took his girlfriend for a romantic dinner for two.

"Isn't that good?" Sora asked.

"Very good. Thank you for asking," Kairi answered.

"You're welcome, Kairi. Just happy to see you enjoying yourself," Sora said smiling.

The song My Sanctuary starts playing and Sora stands and holds out his hand.

"May I have this dance?" Sora asked.

Kairi smiled and takes his hand, "Yes you may."

Kairi stands and they walk to the dance floor to have their first dance as a couple. Sora slowed danced through the song being sang looking into each other's blue eyes.

I need more affection than you know

In you and I there's a new land

Angels in flight

I need more affection than you know

A sanctuary, my sanctuary, yeah

Where fears and lies melt away

Music in timeI need more affection than you know

What's left of me, what's left of me now

I watch you

Fast asleep

All I fear means nothing

In you and I there's a new land

Angels in flightI need more affection than you know

A sanctuary, my sanctuary, yeah

Where fears and lies melt away

Music in timeI need more affection than you knowWhat's left of me, what's left of me

So many ups and downs

My heart's a battlegroundI need true emotions

I need more affection than you know

I need true emotions

You show me how to see

That nothing is whole

And nothing is broken

In you and I there's a new land

Angels in flight

I need more affection than you know

A sanctuary, my sanctuary, yeah

Where fears and lies melt away

Music in time

I need more affection than you know

What's left of me, what's left of me now

My fears, my lies

Melt away

I need more affection than you know

Sora and Kairi enjoyed themselves as they danced through the song "You Raise Me Up."

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary

When troubles come and my heart burdened be

Then, I am still and wait here in the silence

Until you come and sit awhile and with me

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders

You raise me up, to more than I can be

There is no life - no life with out its hunger;

Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;

But when you come and I am filled with wonder,

Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity

You raise me up,so I can stand on mountains

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders

You raise me up to more than I can be

You raise me up, so Ican stand on mountains

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas

I am strong, when Iam on your shoulders

You raise me up, to more than I can be

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders

You raise me up, to more than I can be

You raise me up, to more than I can be...

Sora gave Kairi a kiss on her forehead and she smiles.

"That's very sweet of you, Sora," Kairi said.

"Just happy to see you enjoying yourself, Kairi," Sora said.

The couple returned to their table for some dessert before heading back to their villa. Sora and Kairi went by the Pokémon Center from earlier to pick up his Pokémon and returned to their villa to find everyone else sleeping. Ventus was sleeping soundly with Togepi in his arms. Terra and Aqua were sleeping sharing a blanket and Pikachu sleeping beside them.

They looked over to Lana and her sisters sleeping from the board game they were playing with Mallow, Lillie, Acerola, and Mina. Hapu was fast asleep from watching Men In Black 3 on TV with Kiawe and Sophocles. Illima was fast asleep on the couch while Riku was sleeping on Naminé's lap with Eevee on his chest.

They cleaned up a bit and they turned off the TV and decided to share a blanket with one another as well. Sora wrapped the blanket around both himself and Kairi.

"You warm, Kairi?" Sora asked.

"Very warm," Kairi answered. "Thank you for this wonderful date, Sora."

"You're welcome. I'm just glad you had a good time," Sora said.

They kissed each other goodnight and drifted off to sleep. As they had slept, both had wonderful dreams. Sora and Kairi held each other as they slept.

As everyone woke up the very next morning, they saw how early it was in the morning.

"Man, that was a pretty good sleep," Sophocles said.

"It sure is," Kiawe agreed.

Everyone looked over to Sora and Kairi with grins on each of their faces.

"So, did you two kids have a good time?" Riku teased.

"We did," Sora said putting his arm around Kairi causing her to giggle.

"A very romantic time," Kairi added.

They both kissed each other on the lips. The Alolan girls cooed at the sight while Sophocles rolled his eyes.

"Jeez guys. Again with the kisses?" Sophocles asked.

"Don't be such a child, Sophocles," Lillie scolded Sophocles. "There's nothing wrong with seeing two lovers kissing."

"I just kinda liked it when they were denying it," Sophocles pouted.

"Let's go get some breakfast. And then see who I'll be battling next," Sora said.

"Good idea. I'm starving," Ventus said.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said.

"Togepi," Togepi chirped.

Everyone went off to have some breakfast and ate to their hearts delight. As they ate, Tai, Kari, and their friends approached the group.

"Hey there, Ketchum. Congrats on your first win," Tai complemented.

"Your Golduck really came through for you," Kari said.

"And without making any switches," Davis added.

"Thanks you guys," Sora said. "That means a lot."

"So, who do you think you'll battle next?" Matt asked.

"Don't know yet. But I'll have to check and see," Sora said.

Sora and Kairi went off to the registration booth and saw that Sora will be battling on the Rock Field and his battle will be against a boy with light skin and brown hair and brown eyes, wearing a blue shirt.

"Your opponent is named Arnold. And you'll be the second battle on the Rock Field," the clerk said. "Good luck."

"Thanks," Sora said.

As time went on, Edgar had won on the Water Field and Gary won on the Grass Field. Sora was awaiting his battle on the Rock Field as Kairi is on his side once more. Before that, Sora had switched Venusaur and Golduck for Tauros and Snorlax. He also decided to use Lycanroc for this battle. Sora retook his position at the green podium as Arnold took the red podium.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the second battle on the Rock Field is about to begin!" The announcer announced. "On the red corner is Arnold from Pewter City and on the green corner is Sora from Pallet Town! Both trainers shall now select their first Pokémon!" Arnold took out his Pokéball and threw it.

"Go Onix!" Arnold threw his Pokéball letting out his Onix. Onix lets out a loud roar upon entry.

"Tauros! Go!" Sora said as he took out a Safari Ball and threw it letting out Tauros.

"Moo!" Tauros said upon entering the battle.

The referee raises the flags and shouted, "Begin!"

"Onix! Move in with a Tackle attack!" Arnold ordered as Onix charged in with a full force of its body.

"Tauros! Block it with Iron Head!" Sora called out as Tauros charged with his head glowing metallicly. Both attacks collided with one another. Tauros is sent back.

"Onix starts off with a brutal Tackle while Tauros attempted to block with an Iron Head! Tauros did have the edge with the Type the attack had, but that proved to be too much for this bovine Pokémon due to Onix's size! Sora needs to rethink his strategy!" The announcer announced.

"Tauros! Horn Attack!" Sora called out as Tauros charges towards Onix.

"Tauros is charging in with a Horn Attack! What could he be thinking?" The announcer asked.

"Onix! Rock Tomb!" Arnold ordered as Onix slammed its tail on the battlefield as Rock pillars started to sprout up and head towards Tauros. The rocks hits Tauros.

"That was a rock hard hit for Arnold! That could cut Tauros's speed pretty bad!" The announcer announced.

"Tauros! Earthquake!" Sora called out as Tauros slammed his hooves on the ground causing the whole battlefield to shake. Onix started to get shaken by the attack.

"I can tell you ladies and gentlemen, I can feel the shakes from here! Sora must be attempting to catch Onix off guard with that Earthquake! And it seems to be working! Arnold better come up with a plan fast or Onix will be tasting dirt!" The announcer announced.

"Onix! Fire your Dragon Breath!" Arnold ordered. Onix fired its Dragon Breath attack.

"Tauros! Dodge it!" Sora called out. Tauros runs across the battlefield avoiding the attack. Onix kept firing and firing until it landed a hit. Tauros started to sparkle a bit.

"It looks like that Tauros is paralyzed! Tauros dosen't look like it'll last much longer out there!" The announcer announced. Sora calls back Tauros. "It looks like Sora is switching Pokémon. Which one will he choose?"

"Go! Snorlax!" Sora threw his Pokéball letting out Snorlax.

"It looks like Sora will be sending out his Snorlax! It appears to be another Normal Type Pokémon he has at his disposal!" The announcer announced.

"That was a clever move on your part. But your Snorlax is no match for my Onix! And I'll prove it too! Onix! Heavy Slam!" Onix jumps in the air and dives head first towards Onix.

"Judging how this looks, it looks like Onix will be landing a pretty powerful blow due to both its size and weight! Can Sora make a comeback?" The announcer aasked.

"Snorlax! Ice Punch!" Sora ordered as Snorlax threw an icy punch hitting Onix cancelling the attack.

"Snorlax has blocked Onix's Heavy Slam with Ice Punch! Sora is definitely starting to make a chilling comeback!" The announcer announced.

"You got that right," Sora said to himself. "Now you throw your weight with Heavy Slam!" Snorlax jumps and landed right on Onix causing serious damage.

"Ooh! Snorlax has landed with its own Heavy Slam attack! Will it take?" The announcer asked. Onix was down and out. The referee raises the green flag.

"Onix is unable to battle! Snorlax wins!" The referee announced.

"What a crushing defeat from Sora! His Snorlax really did a number on Arnold's Onix! What Pokémon will he choose next?" The announcer asked. Arnold calls Onix back and pulls out another Pokéball.

"Okay, Scizor! Go!" Arnold said throwing his Pokéball letting out his Scizor. Arnold's Scizor is bright green and stars swirls around it upon entry.

"Arnold's second Pokémon is going to be his Scizor! It looks like Arnold has a shiny Scizor!" The announcer announced.

"Scizor! Metal Claw!" Arnold called out as Scizor's pincers gives off a metallic glow and heads towards Snorlax.

"Snorlax! Heavy Slam!" Sora called out as Snorlax jumps in the air to hit Scizor, but the bug Pokémon avoids the attack.

"That was a close call for Scizor! Sora's Snorlax is going to have a real hard time with Scizor's speed," the announcer announced. "How will he manage?"

"Scizor! Quick Attack!" Arnold called out as Scizor hits Snorlax with its speed attack. "Now fire Swift!"

"Snorlax is really taking a pummeling from Scizor since Quick Attack and Swift is doing a real number on this heavyweight!" The announcer announced. "Arnold is looking confident for this one!"

"Scizor! Hyper Beam!" Arnold called out as Scizor fired Hyper Beam hitting Snorlax hard. Snorlax hits the rocks behind him and his knocked out in the rubble. The referee raises the red flag.

"Snorlax is unable to battle! Scizor wins!" The referee announced.

"And Arnold knocks out Snorlax! Both trainers now has two Pokémon each! Will he bring back Tauros or will he send out something different this time?" The announcer asked. Sora calls back Snorlax and pulls out his Safari Ball.

"Tauros! Go!" Sora threw the Safari Ball. Tauros is still pretty paralyzed from Onix's Dragon Breath.

"It looks like Tauros is back in the battle despite the paralysis it endured during the battle with Onix," the announcer announced. "Will Tauros stay in this or will this be over in a heartbeat?"

"Tauros! Headbutt!" Sora ordered. Tauros charged towards the shiny Pokémon.

"Scizor! Metal Claw!" Arnold ordered. Scizor charged towards Tauros with its metallic pincers.

Scizor and Tauros clashed into each other, not one was backing down. At some points, Scizor had the upper hand while Tauros had the same moment.

"Tauros! Iron Head! Sora called out as Tauros charged with a metallic glow.

"Scizor! Metal Claw!" Arnold ordered as Scizor moved its pincers giving that same metallic glow. Both give each other a heavy blow and both Pokémon falls to the ground exhausted. The referee raises both flags.

"Both Scizor and Tauros are unable to battle! The battle is tied!" The referee announced.

"Sora and Arnold has ended up with a double knockout! Both trainers has only one Pokémon each! And this one will decide which one will be moving on!" The announcer announced. Arnold takes out his Pokéball and threw it.

"Go! Machamp!" Arnold said letting out his Machamp.

"Machamp!" Arnold's Machamp flexes its muscles upon entry.

"Lycanroc! Go!" Sora shouted letting out Lycanroc. Lycanroc howls upon entry. Many of the spectators were at awe at the sight of Sora's Lycanroc.

"Arnold has chosen Machamp for his last Pokémon and Sora has sent out Lycanroc! Also, I just wanna point out that I have never seen anything like this before! And I may like to add that Machamp has the edge in Type! Will Sora pull through like last time? Or will it cost him?" The announcer asked.

"Machamp! Use Cross Chop!" Arnold called out as Machamp has all four arms crossed and charges towards Lycanroc.

"Lycanroc! Rock Throw!" Sora called out. Lycanroc hurls rocks towards Machamp. Machamp gets hit, but isn't bothered by the hits. Machamp's Cross Chop hits Lycanroc hard.

"And that was a Super-effective hit!" The announcer announced. Lycanroc gets back up and growls. "It looks like Lycanroc isn't going to throw in the towel just yet! What could Sora have up his sleeve?"

"Accelerock!" Sora ordered as Lycanroc charged towards Machamp with a full force.

"Strength!" Arnold called out. Machamp's body becomes surrounded by a light blue aura and grabs Lycanroc and gives him a toss.

"Outstanding! Machamp stopped that Accelerock cold! Arnold really wants to stay in this tournament! Can he do it?" The announcer asked.

"The answer is yes! Machamp! Superpower!" Arnold ordered. Machamp flexes its muscles to increase power and its body becomes outlined in a light blue aura. It then moves in to grab Lycanroc.

"Machamp is moving in to use Superpower! It looks like it's all over for Sora!" The announcer announced.

"Lycanroc! Accelerock! But aim for the rock pillars!" Sora ordered. Lycanroc does exactly that; Lycanroc dashes towards the rocks before Machamp could get a hold of Lycanroc. Machamp chases after Lycanroc hoping to grab him.

"Oh no!" Arnold gasped.

"Oh yes! Lycanroc seems to be dashing from rock pillar to another. And everytime Machamp has it in its sights, Lycanroc jumps onto a rock pillar like a flea on a hot brick! What an amazing turn of events!" The announcer announced.

Arnold growls in frustration having enough of Lycanroc's speed. He ordered, "Machamp! Use Superpower! But use it to smash all those rocks!" Machamp begins to smash all the rocks one by one.

"Machamp is smashing every rock in sight! Arnold has really sunk Sora's strategy. Sora really needs to rethink his plan," the announcer announced as Sora smirked.

"Gotcha," Sora said. Kairi heard that and smiled as she knew what he had in mind. "Lycanroc! Crunch!" Lycanroc moves towards Machamp and gives the muscular Pokémon a bite on the leg. "Now use Rock Throw!" Lycanroc hurls rocks towards Machamp hitting it clean.

"So, Sora was leading Machamp into a trap! And Arnold fell for it! It dosen't look good for Machamp!" The announcer announced.

"Accelerock!" Sora called out. Lycanroc charged in faster and stronger than before.

"Machamp! Cross Chop!" Arnold ordered. Machamp was about to move in when the injury from Crunch took its toll making Machamp unable to walk or run. Lycanroc hits Machamp pretty hard on the chest.

"That was a good clean hit!" The announcer announced. Machamp skids backwards with all four arms in front. "But will Machamp keep going after taking that kind of abuse?"

"Machamp!" Machamp shouted raising its arms. Machamp falls to the ground on the front. The referee raises the green flag.

"Machamp is unable to battle! Lycanroc wins! Sora Ketchum from Pallet Town wins!" The referee announced.

"And Sora wins his second match here in the Indigo Plateau! Will he keep going to battle his way to the top? Sora just has to win two more matches of the first round to go!" The announcer announced.

The crowd roars as many had rooted for Sora to win. Some of the girls were wearing cheerleader outfits rooting for him. Edgar was watching the battle and grins.

"You're even better than I remember, Sora," Edgar said in his thoughts. "Just keep winning, Sora. I want that battle you owe me. Just stay in the tournament long enough for me to have that pleasure."

Gary and his cheerleaders were watching the battle as well. Gary was pretty amazed by his strength and skills as a Pokémon trainer.

"I hate to admit it, but Sora is a pretty good trainer. I never thought he took this seriously. Well, seriously or not, he is still no chance for me," Gary said taking his leave.

Back at Pallet Town, Delia, Lea, Isa, and Kairi's grandmother were watching the match in Delia's house along with the some of the other neighbors.

Back at Porta Vista, Danny, Cattleya, Big Earl, Candy and some of the Bay of Burgers staff were at the house cheering and celebrating Sora's victory. Cattleya was very proud of her nephew.

"I knew you could do it, Sora," Cattleya said.

Back at the Indigo Plateau, Team Rocket was popped out of trashcans.

"I'm tired of all the rotten luck we've been having lately," Jessie said. "Either we just have bad luck, or we just plain suck."

Meowth growls and shouts, "Let's think of a plan and get out of these cans!"

"Say, I have a plan so we can swipe Pikachu," James said. "Listen..." James whispered into Jessie and Meowth's ears and grins evilly liking the idea.

Everyone celebrated Sora's victory with some dinner at an all-you-can-eat buffet after Sora dropped his other Pokémon at a nearby Pokémon Center. As they ate, they're joined by Tai, Kari, and they're friends along with Takuya and his group. Also joined by Takato and his group. They laughed and toasts Sora. Kairi planted a kiss on Sora's cheek. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, Riku, Naminé, Eevee, the Alolan nine, Lana's sisters, Terra, Ventus, and Aqua all returned to the villa and slept resting for Sora's next battle.