Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: The Beginning ❯ The Girl Named Nayana ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: I don't own Pokémon. People like 4kids and Game Freak and a whole bunch of other rich people do. And I'm not on the list. I'm broke. u.u
---
The Timetravelers: The Beginning
Part One: The Girl Named Nayana

November 20, 2022
5:30 am, Viridian City

BEEP BEEP! BEEP BEEP! The alarm went off in a girl's room. A hand slammed the alarm clock. A finger with shiny nail polish lifted and the lights came on by themselves.

"Ow… bright…" she said tiredly. The girl in the bed had long orange hair, dark brown eyes, and was sotra tall; at least taller than her closest siblings. The girl bolted out of bed and put on some clothes: black flared slacks and a silk button-up shirt. Then, she went to the dresser. She pulled out a hairbrush, a box with something in it, and a hair tie. Then, she put on her contacts while using her psychic powers to brush her hair. When she was done, she picked up her backpack and went downstairs. Who was this girl?

This girl's name was Nayana Ashley Ketchum. She had just turned 16 today. She lives with her biological father, her stepmother, and her 4 siblings. Her biological mother didn't want anything to do with her, and they didn't talk at all. In fact, Nayana would have been surprised if she even knew that she had gotten adopted. As for how or why she was even alive today was still a complete mystery to her. All she knew is that they had to at least gotten into bed at one point… …

Anyway, Nayana attended school at Viridian West High school, the only place that accepted psychics that had their abilities blocked with a fun device called a patch. Nayana's patch was put in her ear, and she could adjust it to any level she wanted to. She trained Pokémon, of course, mainly psychic ones. Who wouldn't?

Anyway, that's all for now. Nayana rushed down the stairs. Her step mom, who she calls Mom anyway, was making breakfast. She had orange hair and also trained Pokémon in her spare time. Her little brother Darian was also there too. He was only six with brown hair that no hair gel seemed to tame.

"Happy birthday!" he yelled. It was amazing how much energy he had so early in the morning. Darian gave Nayana a big hug.

"Thank you shorty!" she said. Shorty was her pet name for Darian. Then, her other brother, Greg, came up from the room in his basement. He didn't look very happy this morning; he looked like he wanted to rip a certain someone apart.

"DARIAN!!! WHY DID YOU WAKE ME UP?!? IT'S 5:30 IN THE MORNING! SOME PEOPLE ARE STILL TRYING TO SLEEP!!!"

"Daddy's coming home! Aren't you excited?" Darian asked.

"Not when it still 5:30 in the morning!!!" Greg replied.

"What's going on in there?" Mom asked. "You two better not be fighting again!" They were.

"Don't you dare wake me up again!" Greg yelled.

"It doesn't hurt!" Darian defended.

"If you're me it does!" Greg kept yelling.

"But still…" Darian continued.

Mom cut in. She didn't look too happy.

"Both of you! Cut it out now or you'll both be in big trouble! Now Darian, apologize for waking Greg up, or I'll be forced to ground you again!"

Darian apologized. He looked so cute while doing it too.

"Now that's good. Breakfast will be ready soon." She went back to the kitchen. She was making breakfast because it was Nayana's birthday.

Then, Nayana's two sisters, Ashley and Arielle came downstairs. Ashley had brown hair and Arielle had red hair. The two of them and Greg were triplets. They were surprised to see Greg up so early.

"I see your alarm was on this morning, for once." Arielle said.

"No. Someone who's name I won't mention-" he stared at Darian. "-Woke me up this morning."

"Good job Darian!" Ashley said. Smiling, Darian bowed.

Then, breakfast was ready. Today was strawberry pancakes, some bacon, and there was orange juice in the refrigerator. Everyone got plates in the kitchen, and then they got their breakfast. Arielle just had some Toaster Treats [a.k.a. Pop Tarts]. The table was huge and seemed bigger, since Dad was gone still. The conversation at the table was very interesting.

"I'll pick you up after school and we'll get your driver's license today," Mom said.

"Okay," Nayana replied. She wanted a car, even though she could teleport anywhere she needed. There could be situations where she'd need a car, especially if she was patched.

Then, they all finished breakfast and got their stuff together. At 7a.m., the bus came for the high schoolers. The bus was full of noisy kids, most of which were annoying and not important to write about. Nayana's two closest friends, Jamie and Jacob, were on the same bus. Jamie gave Nayana a present. Jacob didn't have a present for her, but she did get a card. Then, the bus stopped at the school. It was two big red buildings. Nayana went to the one towards the left. She had to let the nurse see her power level and also had to pick up some scores for the biggest test of her life.

Nayana went to the nurse's office. The nurse was in.

"Hello Nayana. It's nice to see you. Let's see…" The nurse pulled out one of the things that measured her strength in her patch. It was 4.5. That was acceptable. Arielle (who's also psychic, by the way) got hers checked too. "See you ladies next week." Then, they went to the office. They had the results for a test that Nayana and Arielle took, the PSI tests. [What does that mean in reality?] These test scores would follow you for the rest of your life. The tests tested how smart you were after you were done with all the required psychic training. Most people would cram, but Nayana and Arielle didn't. It's better to get a low honest score than high ones that you crammed for, and then you lose all the information later. Nayana was pleased and very, very surprised about her scores… she got 100, which is a perfect. No one's ever gotten that before…

"I think the rest of the day's going to be really good…" she thought as she went to her classes. They weren't that interesting. What happened after school was, though.

Nayana was waiting for Mom to pick her up for her test when a black haired girl walked up to her. She didn't seem to be that bad either.

"Hi! I heard today is your birthday!" She sounded very nice. Then, her voice changed really fast. "Too bad you have to die." She had pulled out a gun and pointed it at her head.

"What did I do today?" Nayana asked coolly. She was used to this. People loved to try and kill her or take her Pokémon at least once a week because of what she did to Team Rocket and what her family had done to them too, so this was routine.

"We're trying to get to your father. Maybe he'll finally realize that we mean business!"

Nayana just walked away. "Well, if you're going to kill me, why am I over here instead of over there?"

Then, there was a short but sweet battle. Nayana tossed the girl like a rag doll using her powers. Then the girl retaliated by using hers to "grip" her. Nayana easily broke free; the girl didn't know how powerful she was. Nayana's 8.6 n.i. That power level was unheard of, at least in n.i. One person had gotten there by ingrevation though. Anyway, then Nayana gripped her. It was very painful. She tried launching a psychicball at her, but then a car horn was heard over all. It was Mom in her dark blue mini-van. It was time for Nayana to go.

"Sorry, gotta go!" Nayana got in the car. The girl teleported away. Then Nayana told Mom about what happened in the schoolyard while she drove Nayana to get her driver's license.

"Well, that's Team Rocket for you. They'll do anything to get what they want. That, and they've always wanted your father for obvious reasons." Nayana had to agree; her father was always against them, so their family was always at risk.

Nayana took her driver's test once they got there. She came out later with her driver's license in her wallet.

"Can I drive back home?" She asked.

"Sure. By the way, your father's flight had been delayed an hour."

"*Sigh* Well, at least it wasn't a couple of days. Dad's never been gone this long." He was the President of the Pokémon League, so it was only natural for him to be gone a month or so a year, but he had two conferences in a row this year. One was in Tokyo, Japan and the other was in New York City, America. He hadn't been home in two months, and it was depressing. That, and his Pokémon were gone too. Everyone missed his cute little Pikachu. He [or it, whichever you prefer] was the cutest Pokémon in the house, and it was really nice too.

They went home. Nayana checked her e-mail. There were two messages. One was from her grandma and grandpa wishing her a happy birthday. They were out of town, so they couldn't say happy birthday in person. The other one was from her father. It was a video e-mail. Her father appeared on the screen. He had black hair and had a suit on.

"I have to talk to you about something really important. I don't know if you're aware, but there are applications to join the Timetravelers out at the Time Traveler Café. Happy Birthday. See you later!"

Click! The screen went blank. Nayana hoped the job was what it sounded like. She had a time traveling license but couldn't use it because you had to have a good reason to time travel. She had always wanted to travel through time.

"Mom, I'm going to the Institute to do something quick. Wanna come, Arielle?"

"Sure. I've got nothing else better to do," she said. Then they teleported to the café. The café was unusually busy today, because of the Timetravelers applications being passed out. There were only 50 people at the café picking them up, but this was the only place in West Kanto where you could pick them up, and most psychics can't time travel anyway. You had to be of certain strength to do it, and most people don't get that high.

Well, I should get explaining, huh? The Timetravelers obviously travel through time. They work for the government of the country they live in. The goal is to help the common person. So, they have to do things like take care of the Team Rocket problem, make sure no one messes up time so much it alters it forever, and just making sure the common person is safe during big events like the Indigo Plateau Competitions. But of course, there were things you had to have like good combat skills and be smart enough to beat most people. You also had to have a willingness to put your life on the line on a regular basis.

They looked on the applications. There were 37 slots open: 10 in Group A, 7 in Group B, and 20 backup positions. Group A had the hardest missions, Group B had easier ones, and the backups filled in for the times when there weren't enough people in a group.

"Arielle? You're trying out?" Nayana asked when she saw her with an application.

"It sounds like fun. Plus, who's going to take care of you when you don't use your head? You'll do something stupid, and no one will be there to help you!" Nayana had an occasional habit of not thinking in battles, sometimes almost deadly… she had a huge problem when she was in battle. She would become very violent, more violent that she needed to be, and that was just scary, even for her. She didn't want to be violent and kill, but… she felt she had to.

"Good point. Well, we better go home; dinner's almost ready."

They went home. They talked to Mom about the job.

"It's a good program. I'm sure you two will make it in. You two have the best combat I've seen." The girls were flattered.

"So you don't care if we apply?" Arielle asked.

Mom shook her head. "And I'm sure you father won't care either if he took the time in the airport and e-mailed Nayana about it." She then went back to making dinner.

When dinner was on the table, Greg asked a question. "Do you think your mum will approve of you joining the 'enemy'?"

Nayana looked pissed. "Of course not! If she abandoned me, and she gets all mad because I joined her sworn enemy, it's all her fault. Plus, if she abandoned me, do you think she's going to care? She probably wouldn't care if I jumped off a cliff!"

"I don't know…" Mom said.

"Come on! She's Adia Kensington! She doesn't care about anyone; she probably fakes sympathy all the time," Nayana continued.

"Can we talk about something else? I'm trying to eat!" Arielle shouted because she was losing her appetite. Adia made her sick with her evil plans and such.

They ate dinner, and then watched TV until it was time for Dad's flight to come in. The airport was busy tonight because three flights were coming in. They waited for Dad's to come in. They saw the airplane's lights land on the ground.

"Why was Dad in America?" Ashley asked.

"I think he said they wanted a Pokémon league in North America. I honestly don't see how they can do it, seeing that Pokémon aren't native to the continent. They have ranches where they raise them, but they aren't easy for the normal person to get…"

The first class passengers came out, then the business class. Dad was in one of those groups. Now, if you don't know who Dad is by now, you're just dense. You're almost as dense as Ash. Which is who Dad is, by the way. [For those dumb people] And Mom's Misty. [Hehehe. I'm such a pokéshipper…]

"Daddy!" Darian yelled while running up to him. Dad smiled. So did the other kids. To think that used to be them when they were Darian's age… Dad gave him a big hug.

"Hey! How've you been?" he asked.

"Awesome!" They let go.

"How was America?" Nayana asked. "Was it really cool?"

"It was ok. Really crowded," Dad replied. "Not much Pokémon either. But there was some good trainers there."

Arielle looked at Dad with her imitation of puppy eyes. They were still pretty good, considering she was 15. "Did you bring the American money like you said you would? Did you? Can I see??"

"Of course I did." He pulled out the money. Everyone was fascinated by it because the money in Kanto (Sirvana, actually. It's all the same) was very different. The kids ogled it.

During this time, the parents were being all lovey-dovey. But I don't think you really care, so we'll move on.

They went to the baggage claim area. The conveyor belt had tons of suitcases and boxes on it.

"Are we celebrating my birthday tomorrow?" Nayana asked. They didn't today because Dad wasn't around, and Nayana practically worships her dad.

"I'll try to get up tomorrow. Did you want to do something?"

"I just wanted to go to the mall and spend some birthday money. Can you make French toast tomorrow for breakfast?" Yes, Ash makes good French toast. Really!

"Sure. My suitcase!" The suitcase almost passed them by. Dad grabbed it just in time before it took another round in the conveyer belt.

"Maybe you shouldn't of packed so much," Mom said.

"Look who's talking, Misty. You're the one who packs two suitcases when we go on vacation!" Dad yelled.

"Really? Both of them are smaller then that huge thing!" she defended.

"Can we go home now?" Darian asked. "I'm tired." He then yawned to prove his point.

Dad went to pick up his Pokémon, and then they went home.

-To be continued…-

---

The Other Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon. If I did, Ash and Misty would have hooked up a long time ago and you'd see a whole bunch of psychic stuff.

If you knew that Nayana was Ash's daughter from the start, you get 10 points! Go you!
…But then again, it was pretty obvious. You can keep the ten points though. I'm nice like that. ^_^