Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: The Beginning ❯ Celebrating a Birthday ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: Still don't own Pokémon. The rich people still do. *Sigh*

I'd like to note although you know that Mom and Dad are Ash and Misty, I will not note them as such. They're still Mom and Dad… for now.

---
The Timetravelers: The Beginning
Part Two: Celebrating a Birthday

The next day (Nov. 21)
7:30 a.m.

"What a beautiful day!" Nayana said when she woke up. Darian was downstairs. Saturday morning cartoons were on. The show on now was called "Dogs and Pikachus". It is really strange.

"Hey shorty. Is Dad up yet?"

"Dad said he went to get some bread," he replied. "He turned on the TV for me."

"Ok." Nayana sat down on the couch. It was cold downstairs; someone must have turned off the heater. She picked up a magazine called Teen Today. It wasn't that interesting, but Nayana had nothing better to do. Her Pokémon were at the lab in Pallet Town, getting check-ups, so she couldn't go out and do some winter training.

Mom came down at 8 with Ashley, who had to go to practice today. Mom dropped her off. Dad wasn't back when Mom came back at 8:30.

"He might have gone somewhere else. Maybe he had to get something else other than bread. By the way, have you seen Pikachu?" Mom asked.

"I think I saw it under the table again, but it might be MeowMeow. Want me to feed the Pokémon while I'm up?" Nayana asked.

"Sure," Mom replied.

Nayana went to look for the Pokémon. The Meowth they had was in its bed. Her name was MeowMeow. Darian had named her. Pikachu was nowhere in sight. Nayana pulled out the pink rubber gloves and started her search. It wasn't downstairs; none of the Pokémon slept down there. She checked the main floor. Pikachu wasn't in its usual spots it likes to sleep in. Next was the upstairs. It never slept in Ashley or Darian's room. Nayana knew it wasn't in her room. She checked everywhere in the master bedroom to see that Pikachu had curled up in the walk-in closet.

Nayana smiled. The way it was curled up made it look adorable.

"Time to wake up, you sleepyhead!" Nayana picked Pikachu up. It was still tired. "Don't you want some Pikachow?"

"Pikachu!" it said. There was no Pikachow in America or Japan, just Pokechow, and that made Pikachu upset.

Nayana went downstairs. Dad was back. He had gotten breakfast for himself; he'd lived off his cooking for a while. Come on, Ash is the World's Greatest Pokémon Master, not the World's Greatest Cook.

"Hey Dad. What took you so long?"

"I got breakfast, and it took forever. That, and I had to get the bread somewhere else. The grocery store was closed." He started making the French toast while Mom made some hash browns and bacon that was left over from yesterday.

When breakfast was ready, Arielle and Greg were up. They all ate in silence. Greg wasn't quite up yet and nobody felt like talking.

"So, when will you be ready?" Dad asked after everyone was done.

"I have to change clothes," Nayana said. When she was done, she changed them. Now she was wearing a Jigglypuff shirt and blue flares. Mom was wearing a blue skirt just above the knees and a white button up blouse. [Was she trying to imitate Ash's mom? Hehehe] Dad wore a shirt and blue jeans. He wore the hat he had in Hoenn.

They went outside. Dad's dark blue Jeep was in the driveway, and they drove to the Rosehall Mall. It was a big mall, the biggest in West Kanto. They went to a whole bunch of stores, like Dilla's (a clothes store) and the Pokémon store. The parents spent a whole bunch of money there, almost 160 Pokébucks in there! They ate lunch at WacDonalds, you basic fast food restaurant. Dad ate 2 double cheeseburgers.

"Ash, you should have dropped that old habit a long time ago. You always get sick if you eat too many hamburgers," Mom commented.

"So? It's all worth it. Hamburgers are the best!"

*Anime falls* [a/n that's when the characters fall over. But I bet most of you knew that.]

They stopped in a perfume store. Even Dad went in.

"What happened to 'perfume is a rip-off'?" Mom asked. She was smiling at him.

"I was 10! Gimmie a break!"

"That reminds me of a funny story. Once, your father said that to a gym leader, and they wouldn't let him in. So…" Dad pulled her ear.

"That's enough of that. We don't need to go any farther down memory lane than that," he said.

Mom was mad. She's the one who's supposed to pull the ears in this story!

Before they left, they bumped into some enemies…

Adia and her daughter Narcissa were walking in the mall too. "I can't believe you let Ketchum's brat get away!"

"She was too strong anyway! The brat had to be at least 8.5!" Narcissa complained.

Adia gasped. That didn't seem to be possible… "Are you sure you got the right kid?"

"Yes, I'm sure! I looked at the pictures you gave me, and that was definitely her!" Then, they all bumped into each other…literally.

"Ow! That hurt!" Narcissa yelled. They then realized whom they had all bumped into.

"We meet again, Ash. Do you want to be taught some more manners?" Adia asked. Dad shook his head.

"No thanks. My manners are fine," he replied, looking slightly nervous.

"Ok then, who's that orange haired brat over there?" Adia asked. She had seen her before, but she never remembered her name. She just called Nayana a runt the one time they did meet.

"Oh, me? I'm the nameless one," Nayana said casually. She wanted to attack, but the mall isn't the best place for a fight.

Adia looked shocked. Was that girl messing with her mind, or was she telling the truth? Is it even possible that someone took her in? Unless…

"You know, don't you?!" she asked.

"Know what?" everyone else asked.

"That Narcissa is…"

"Yes, I'm very aware that's she's my child," Dad said, smiling.

Narcissa screamed; she was the only one in the group who still had no idea of this little conspiracy.

"So, I guess that would make you that other brat I just happened to give birth to."

I'd hate to be Narcissa today. She's learning everything the hard way.

"And now I'm going to tear you all limb for limb!" Adia yelled. Then, a security guard came over. Adia and Narcissa left, not wanting to get in trouble with the police.

"I'll get you yet!" she yelled. "One day Ketchum, I'll teach you some REAL manners!"

"Yah right!" he yelled behind her.

They decided to go home after that. Everyone listened to the story of the little meeting in the mall.

"Cool!" Greg said. "Was your mum really evil?" Nayana nodded. Everyone else was surprised that they were even in Viridian City. Don't they live in a mansion somewhere else?

"Were you aware I had a twin Dad?" Nayana asked.

"Yes, I did, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier."

"Don't worry about it," Nayana said.

Then, Nayana opened all of her presents after she put her stuff away. She had gotten quite a bit, like clothes and books and a scrapbook. Then, they all had cake. It was an ice cream cake with a Mew on it. There were 16 candles on the cake.

"Blow out the candles and make a wish!" Darian said after they were done singing Happy Birthday to her.

As for what Nayana wished for, I'm not quite certain, but I'm sure it was something good.

-To be continued…-

---

The other disclaimer: I still don't own Pokémon, but maybe I should own the whole time travel concept…and the characters… hmm…

So? Is my story any good yet? I think it is at least…
The next part is FUN! ^_^