Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: The Beginning ❯ The End of Recruiting ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: Don't own Pokémon or any of its characters and places, like Ash and Kanto.
---
The Timetravelers: The Beginning
Part Four: The End of Recruiting

The next day
Viridian City, 9 a.m.

The second part of recruiting had begun. There were 2 parts: training rooms and combat demonstration. There were 98 others trying out.

Nayana broke her old record on the training room. She came out panting because it was a hard run… Arielle and Nayana had made the cut for the Group A recruits, which was what they were trying out for. Only the top twenty from each group went to the combat demonstration. Well, all the backups got signed up on the spot because there were 20 slots open.

They had a lunch break, and then went back to the training rooms. His or her test was to beat someone down…

"This is Lucille DelRosen. Her PSI is 95 and strength is 8.4. Lance, would you kindly demonstrate?" He smiled, and then went into the room. He lost to Lucille.

"This should be a challenge…" Nayana thought. "Even though she's technically me, our technique is very different."

They drew straws to see who went first. Nayana was up.

"Feel like getting your butt kicked?" Lucille asked.

"Not really. I plan to go all the way and win!" Nayana said.

The battle began. I'm going to abbreviate the names because it makes things much easier.

L stayed basic and tried to throw a psychicball at N, which got blocked. Then she tossed L into the wall. She got up and tried launching another psychicball attack. This time it hit N's legs, causing her to trip. Then L gripped her. It took awhile for N to get out of it, and she was pretty tired when she was free. Then N gripped L with quite a bit of force. She broke out as well. Then L tried pushing N into the wall, but didn't apply enough force to it, giving N time to break out of it before she hit the wall. Then N decided to be a little adventurous. She tried launching energy from her hands but failed. She then tossed L to the wall and repeated over and over again until L broke free. L sent N flying. Then, N tried her attack she had tried earlier. This time, she sent a funnel shaped beam of energy from her hands at L, but N lost her footing in the process.

Lucille wasn't severely hurt, but the battle was over.

"OW! THAT HURT! But what did I expect, a mirror of myself?" Lucille asked. "I don't think I'll be able to fight anyone else for awhile, Mr. Denter!"

"Time travel and rest." He handed her a piece of paper. She took it and then came back 5 seconds later. She beat everyone else that went after Nayana. Arielle was really close, though. When everyone had tried, Mr. Denter posted a list.

Group A New Recruits

Please meet in the Saffron Pokémon Center at 7 a.m. January 7th, 2023. Just bring yourself and your cell phone, beeper, and/or car if you have one. If you don't, don't worry. If you have work or school during this time, contact me, Mr. Charles Denter, at 750-555-1763 or you can call the Timetraveler Hotline at 1-800-555-1700. Be there or be square!

There were people on the list, including Nayana and Arielle.

"All right! We both made it!" Arielle yelled. She gave Nayana a high five. They weren't the only ones celebrating either. Some went out in disappointment. Mr. Denter was already giving orders.

"Remember, be there at 7 a.m.! If you need to know what the Pokémon Center looks like, just check out the one in your hometown! They have pictures. And do not forget time difference! It's 7 a.m. Central Time!!"

Nayana was about to leave when Mr. Denter pulled her over. "I saw that move you used against Lucille, and I must say I'm impressed."

"Thanks. I'm surprised it worked. I thought psybeams were only a Pokémon thing."

"I also saw your PSI scores. I've never seen anything like them. Did you cram before the test?" Mr. Denter asked.

"No; I figured that I'd get what I really deserved," Nayana said.

Mr. Denter looked extremely surprised and impressed. "Do you still take any courses?"

"Just extras." Nayana hadn't taken a standard course since she was about 11. That's quite a while, considering that most people her age still are.

"When did you take time traveling?" Mr. Denter asked.

"I was ten. I had taken the combat courses with my regular ones. My dad got me a personal teacher when I was six because I was so far ahead."

"Amazing! I've never heard of someone taking time travel that early," Mr. Denter said.

"I know. I've always been ahead of everyone. The first thing I ever did was using telekinetic powers. I made a cookie float." Nayana smiled, thinking about how sweet the cookie was.

Now Mr. Denter was really impressed. Most people have to get tested to even know they have powers, yet she did something that took most psychics weeks to do, sometimes even months, in an instant? Wow. That's all I have to say. Wow.

"I guess I'll see you the 7th." He teleported away.

Nayana went home. They wouldn't let her in at first, so she played in the snow outside. When she went in, there was a big party. There were balloons everywhere. There was a banner hanging from the ceiling that read Congratulations! A cake was on the table. Everyone had a good time… and that was it.

-To be continued…-

---

The other disclaimer: Don't own Pokémon, and the chances of me ever owning it are so slim to none that I'd probably be a professional singer before I'd own Pokémon. My voice is ok, but not exactly pop star quality.