Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: The Beginning ❯ Preparations ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: I don't own Pokémon and I have no connections to the people who do. This is very unofficial.
NOTE: I don't know when Ash is in Hoenn. If it bothers you that much, complain.
And don't worry about all the other people. I just thought it'd be fun to tell you all their names.
---
The Timetravelers: The Beginning
Part Five: Preparations

January 7th, 2023
Saffron City, 6:55 a.m.

Nayana and Arielle teleported to the Pokémon Center with 5 minutes to spare. Lance and Lucille were already there, still wearing the all-black and the jackets. Two other people were there. Soon, the other 6 new people came in. At 7 a.m., Mr. Denter walked in.

"I see we're all here. That's good. One of the things you need to learn is punctuality. If you're off, you're in deep trouble. We should all introduce ourselves. I am Charles Denter, but you can call me Charley."

"I'm Lucille DelRosen. They call me the Master of Wrinkles. My specialty is M2."

"I'm Lance."

"I'm Nayana. I like Pokémon training and the concept of time travel."

A Japanese looking guy stepped up. "My name is Yoshi. I came from Japan. I moved here last year."

Next was a Hawaiian looking woman. "Hi! I'm Lilo."

Then, a blue haired man talked. " Robert Charles is my name, putting people in jail is my game!"

A black haired tan guy introduced himself. "Patrick James. I was in group B last year, and I had a blast!"

"Hi! I'm Arielle. I'm almost 16 and easy to get along with!"

There was a green woman in pigtails. "I'm Macy. I don't need any help from anyone unless I ask!"

There was a man trying to impersonate James Bond. "Sporting. Alex Sporting."

A man with long, dark blue hair was next. "I am Eric."

"And last, but not least, the Great David Jones! Time traveler extraordinaire!" Everyone snorted, smiled, or giggled.

Mr. Denter smiled. "Now that we have names in our memories, we all can go." They went to the Timetraveler Headquarters. On the way, they passed the coolest places: the Saffron City Gym, the White House (Saffron's the capital of Kanto), and the Congress building. Then, they got to the HQ. It was a big white brick building that had to be at least 5 stories tall. There were 3 buses on the street in front of it. There were all sorts of people on the front steps.

The Group A Timetravelers went inside. The main floor looked like you stepped into a memorial. There were several desks with a couple of secretaries behind them. The group kept moving along to 3 elevators with shiny gold doors. All the people in group A went into one and went onto the 5th floor. There was a big meeting room that could be looked into. At least 20 desks were in there, and they each could seat 3. Nayana, Arielle, and Lance went to one.

Charley went up to the front. He started talking.

"Welcome everyone! This is the Time traveling section of the Kantoian Government. Congratulations, you all work for the government now!" Nobody was really happy about that, or at least they didn't show it. " Anyway, we have a PowerPoint presentation for you all explaining our missions and goals. If you've seen this already, don't snore too loudly!"

The PowerPoint was slightly interesting. After the presentation, Charley started talking again.

"Please separate yourselves. My group, stay here. Group B go to the 3rd floor. Backups, 2nd floor. Everyone else, follow Mr. Green." Everyone but Group A left.

"Now it's time for the fun part. First is dress code. Has everyone seen what Lance and Lucille are wearing?" They nodded. "Your clothes have to be black. Other than that, we don't care what you wear. We'll give you all clothes. Your coats will be issued to you later. Your shoes need to be black too, and we also have shoes. You can also wear your own black clothes, if you have any.

"Next: The alpha and beta positions will be given out later once I know who the strong leaders are. We're training all this month, so that'll be easy to determine." There were many moans and groans after that comment. Charley kept going.

"We'll issue your equipment today, including the car. If you wreck it, you aren't keeping the next one.

"And last, missions. You meet here Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. You should be getting ready at 5, but you need to be in the meeting room at 5:20 p.m. People will be in groups of three, or we'll all go together. There will be independent missions for alpha and beta only, unless under extreme circumstances. For instance, I already know Lucille will have independent ones no matter what position she's in. Groups will be set at the end of the month. As for the first mission, it will probably be some kind of Team Rocket base breakup. Any questions?" Nobody had any. "Then we'll get your stuff."

First, they got their clothes. After that, they were issued their lockers. They got changed into an outfit. Nayana cut herself those strange looking bangs that are about chin length and you have one on each side, only because she didn't want to look like her mom. Everyone who didn't know her would freak when she came by because she had most of her mother's looks.

Then, everyone got a car. Nayana got a blue convertible and Arielle reserved a green car, because she can't drive yet. Next they got cell phones and beepers. After that, they had a lunch break, and then they went to see their meeting room. It was a room with a big round table and fourteen chairs. Then started their training in the training rooms.

They went back home to Viridian City at 5 p.m., exhausted. Lucille had come to the Pokémon Center with them because the DelRosens lived in Viridian too.

"We have to do that for a whole month?" Nayana complained.

"It gets better with time," Lucille said. "See you!" Then, they all teleported home.

* * *

February 3rd, 2023
5:20 p.m.

"Today we assign groups, assign the alpha and beta, get our coats and go on our first mission!" Charley said. "Are you guys psyched?"

"You bet! And today's our first payday!" Arielle said.

"I just want to get out and time travel and beat up some grunts," Nayana said.

"But first, it's everyone's favorite time! It's time for fake names!" *cricket chirps* "Does anyone want one?"

"I do, but I couldn't think of a name sir," Nayana said.

"What's one you always wanted to steal?" She just blushed, too embarrassed to say it.

"Just call her Misty. I know she wants to steal it!" Arielle said. "That, and it would confuse Mom." She did a short little skit, almost. "'Hello, is Misty there?'" Arielle said in an impersonation of a man's voice. "'Speaking' 'No, I meant the other one!'" Arielle then laughed her head off. She thought that was funny… but no one else did.

"And then I'll use Mk if that won't work," Nayana finished.

"Smart," Lucille said. Nayana wondered if she was called that in M2, but then again, she might not like the name much either. Misty wasn't alive in her time, so Lucille might not have admired her like Nayana does now.

"Now I need to assign the alpha and beta positions. Does anyone NOT want these positions?" Arielle and Lucille didn't. "Ok, Lance, you're beta." He looked happy enough. He had been Alpha last year. "And after days of going through and looking at all the possibilities, me and my superiors decided that Nayana should be alpha." Everyone was surprised. No woman has ever been alpha before.

Then, Charley issued the coats. They were just like Lance's and Lucille's. Next was group assignment. Arielle, Lance, and Nayana were in one group. Lance didn't mind too much. He seemed to get along with the two girls.

"Nayana, I need to see you in my office. Everyone else go get the mission from Ms. Sweenie." She was the secretary for Group A.

Nayana went into Charley's office. There were many filing cabinets around his desk. On it was a cup of coffee and a picture of Charley's family. He went into a drawer and pulled out a folder.

"Did you pay attention to the PowerPoint when they talked about the Guardian Angel project?" he asked.

"Uh, I think I dozed off during that part sir." She was very embarrassed to admit it, but it had bored her at parts.

"That's ok. The project is an alpha only one. They protect a person who is extremely hunted down in time or is in need of this protection. The Director of Psychics, your father and I have decided you were mature enough to get this very special subject. Here's the folder."

Nayana opened the folder to see that her subject was Ash Ketchum. It was a dream come true. Literally. Nayana always wanted to visit her father in the past…

"Usually we don't even tell you your subject until April, but we are going to Hoenn and Ash is in the area, and you never know who's going to be in the middle of nowhere," Charley said.

"Ok, I'll keep an eye out for him as best as I can sir. I never saw pictures of him as a kid, but how hard can it be? I have a good idea."

"Keep the folder. You're dismissed."

Nayana picked up the mission she was doing with the others. The mission was to go to a town called Littletown. It was actually quite large. The date was set for Jan. 6, 1999. There was, believe it or not, a Team Rocket base set up there. The Timetravelers in Hoenn would do it, but they aren't the brightest bunch in the world. It also mentioned that Guardian Angel Subject 007 [pronounced just 7, there's over 100 subjects in the project] was there.

"Who's that?" someone asked.

"None of your concern yet. That's Nayana's person," Charley said.

"If he is a boy, is he cute, or hot?" Lilo asked. That boggled Nayana. She didn't think of her dad as cute or hot. That, and she'd never seen him as a kid, so how could she answer?

"I don't know. I never thought about it," Nayana said.

"Ok people, depend on me to get you to Hoenn." Charley teleported the whole group to Hoenn. The town was pretty large, considering it was called Littletown. Then, they time traveled. Time was a mysterious dimension, if that's what you want to call it. It was a swirl of pink, blue and purple. Everyone focused his or her powers on getting to 1999. While they went there, they saw two rips in time, the Major Wrinkles. The one to the right was M1 and M2 was to the left. Lucille didn't look. Then, they got to the town. It had shrunken some, but it was still large…

-To be continued…-

---

The Other Disclaimer: Still don't own Pokémon. I wish I did. You'd see so much Celebis and time travel it wouldn't be funny.

I hope I haven't bothered you that much.