Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: The Beginning ❯ The Close Call ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: I don't own Pokémon, and now that you know that, you won't sue, right?

NOTE: For this part only, if there's italics and it doesn't say "'blah blah', he thought, they aren't thinking. They're yelling.

---
The Timetravelers: The Beginning
Part Seven: The Close Call…

January 6th, 1999
An airplane, later (?)

Later, Ash and co. regained consciousness on an airplane.

"Well well. Look who's gonna die!" It was Jessie, James, and Meowth, my favorite Team Rocket grunts.

They said the motto. I'm lazy and hope you know it.

"And look who's gonna say goodbye!" Meowth said. He held the classic glass jar with Pikachu.

"Pikapi! Pikachu!" He tried shocking the jar he was in, but it (yet again) didn't work.

"And now for the final evil part of our plan! We throw you off the airplane really high in the air!" Jessie said.

"And you two are going first!" James pointed to Ash and Misty.

"Aww! Look, the lovebirds are gonna die together. How sweet!" Jessie said. Ash and Misty didn't bother to protest today.

Then, Team Rocket threw them off the airplane. "Bye bye!"

Ash and Misty were falling off the airplane at enormous speeds. Their hearts were racing. Ash had finally done it; he was going to kill them both.

"Well, you've done it again!! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!" Oh boy, was Misty pissed off this time.

"But I don't want you to die! If I knew this was going to happen, I'd gone myself! I don't want you to die!"

"Really?" she asked. That was sweeter than Ash usually is to her.

"Really! I'd die for you if I had to." That brought up some ideas… "But if we survive, will you go out with me?" Ash just had to ask. He couldn't die without knowing, and if they did survive somehow… Wahoo!

"How can you think about that at a time like this!?" Misty asked.

"Would you?" Ash looked so hopeful. He really wanted a date with her ever since she came back (well, this time anyway).

"Of course I would, but there's one problem. WE'RE GONNA DIE!"

The people on the airplane looked down. This was it… they were breathing their last…

Good thing the orange-haired girl was ordered to hunt the group down. She saw Ash and Misty yelling and falling in the sky. She focused her powers around them.

Ash and Misty were staring at the ground they were about to splatter on when they noticed they were slowing down until they stopped. Their feet touched the ground in a graceful manner.

"We're alive!" They hugged each other, and then suddenly let go. They had seen the orange-haired girl smiling at them.

"Hello. Why were you going skydiving without parachutes? That's just a silly thing to do."

"Team Rocket pushed us off an airplane," they replied. Then, the orange-haired girl teleported herself onto it. Brock and May were still there, along with all their Pokémon and belongings.

"Hi! I'm going to take everything on this airplane, and you won't complain. See you!" Then she teleported everything to the place where Ash and Misty already were.

There was a cute little reunion on the ground. Ash broke the jar and Pikachu hopped out. He hugged Pikachu. Everyone else grabbed his or her Pokémon and backpacks.

"Thank you… what's your name?" Ash asked.

"Some people call me Mk," she said.

"Hi Mk!"

"Weird name," Ash said.

"They're my initials. Stands for Misty Ketchum." Misty wanted those initials! She was very jealous…

"Hey, you have the same last name as Ash!" Misty said. "Are you two related?"

Mk looked around. "I can't tell you if I was or not. It's against the rules. I'm not supposed to reveal too much about myself to the people of the past." They then dropped the subject.

"We should get going," Brock said. "I still need to get some supplies if we want to move on."

Ash and co. went back. Max was still in the center. He had been watching TV. Nurse Joy had turned it on. Mk left to talk to her boss about something, and Brock left for supplies like he said he would.

Mk came back with news. "My boss wants me to accompany you to the next big city. Where is that?"

"Let's see…" Max pulled out the Pokénav. "It looks like we'll get there in about a week," he announced after looking at the Pokénav a while.

"Cool! I've always wanted to go traveling in a country like this. I have badges, but I teleported around to save my family some grief. I always wanted to go on the open road…" Mk said. "I'll go get my Pokémon." She time traveled. Five seconds later, she came back with a backpack, her Pokémon, and new clothes. She looked more like a trainer now than a Timetraveler.

"So what's it like on the open road?" Mk asked Max.

"It's awesome! We go around and meet new people, see new places, meet new and exciting Pokémon, and a whole bunch more! It's so much fun! I don't think I'll ever forget this adventure," Max told her. Mk smiled. Her father had told her the same thing.

The company, now including Mk ate dinner, then went to bed. They separated the rooms. The girls were in one and the boys were in another.

"Why do you guys go to bed at 9 p.m.? It's not that late," Mk asked.

"We have to get up at 5 in the morning, that's why," Misty said. "Guess what May."

"What? Do you have a plot to kill Ash yet?" May asked.

"No way! He asked me out!" May squealed. She was really excited. Mk just sighed. That was really loud, and she was trying to sleep.

Meanwhile, the boys were chatting before they went to sleep. Max liked the idea of getting pushed off an airplane for some reason. He had fallen asleep already. Max was always the first one out at night, but that's because he's still so young.

"So, did you ask her out?" Brock asked. He was hoping the answer was no. Why did Ash always get the girls and he didn't?

"Uh-huh. And she said yes! I figure I'll take her out when we get to Sunny Valley." That was the next big town.

Brock was jealous. It was always Ash that'd get the ladies... "Why is it that you always get the ladies?"

"Maybe it's because I'm a good trainer. Or maybe it's because I have eyes." That comment made Brock mad.

"It isn't my fault that I can't open them!" But Ash had fallen asleep already. It was too late to tell him that.

Ash had a really good dream at first. It was his regular one of him becoming the World's Greatest Pokémon Master. Oh, and that is a good one indeed. But it shifted after that. He was sitting in a restaurant with Misty. It turned into a nightmare really fast.

"Soo… What do you like more: Me, or your Pokémon?" That was a hard question right now for Ash. Come on, he's trying to be a Pokémon master! He can't think of Misty 24-7 yet. It would interfere with his training, and who knows when he'll have another chance like this to train in a foreign land?

"Uhh…" He couldn't tell her the answer because he wasn't too sure of it himself.

"Well then, if you love your Pokémon and your training more that me, then I don't love you!" She left the restaurant. Ash didn't want her to go. He still had feelings for her. At first, it was more like a relationship between a brother and sister. But lately, it had seemed to turn into… more. Ash had more feelings for Misty that he'd ever felt before…

Then, he woke up, sweating.

"Why am I so nervous?"

-To be continued…-

The other disclaimer: Don't own Pokémon. I don't think Ash is going to have dreams of going out with Misty in reality (or they won't mention it! ^_^). And would Team Rocket really push them off an airplane? No way! And would Misty ever run out on Ash because she thought that he loved Pokémon too much? I don't think she would… but who knows?