Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ False Pretenses ❯ Act one: Loose Ends ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

False Pretenses

By: Myst-Lady

mbmflips@yahoo.com or myst_lady@hotmail.com

Disclaimer: Usual disclaimer applies. Sailor Moon and Pokémon belongs to respective companies.

Dedication to: The amazing K-Money (I still love "You're on the air with Mina Aino), Chibizoo (Great work on Tokyo Abyss), Tonz82, Sailor Dumas, Sailor Tsunami, Woodsprite, Merina and Ashley Potetee (I'm tad disappointed you won't be writing a Sailor Moon/Xena. I wished I could but I have certain limits. I don't want to drive myself crazy juggling too many stories. I know Kammy K will kill me for starting a new story without finishing the other)and of course, Kammy K!!

Credits: Sailor Tsunami (The Vacation: Sailor Moon and Pokémon) and Senerarey Chiba (The Shine has come: Sailor Moon and Pokémon) for these unique couples…

Thank you, for your kind reviews. Please feel free to leave any comments or ideas in the review or email… You will get a credit for the ideas, I promised.

Legend

< > Character's thoughts.

Act 1: Loose Ends

Brock's eyes were burning with rage. He was pinned to the TV screen, watching the latest news. "That creep!" He exploded, his chair dropped to the floor. "That's a bunch of phony lies! This guy is trashing out the sailor scouts. What a sleazy reporter!" His temper flared to a boiling point. "This guy needs some serious kick in the butt!" He said furiously. He scooped the chair up and slammed the chair back to the dining table. It made such a racketing noise. Upset by the news, he grabbed for the broom beside him and started sweeping the floor.

Alarmed by the noise inside from the kitchen, Delia Ketchem raced back to the house. "Brock?" She panted tiredly. "Is everything alright?" She asked him worriedly.

<Nice work, Brocko. You had her worried for nothing.> Brock's face lit up in a cheerful smile. "No worries, Mrs. Ketchem! I'm doing just fine!" He answered her meekly, blushing from his clumsiness.

"That's good." She said kindly. "Well, Mr. Mime and I will be in the garden if you need anything." She reminded as she walked through the front door. She stepped outside into the fresh air and she was gone.

Brock's dark mood dissipated. <She's so sweet and caring. Ash is lucky to have a mother like her. I wished women were more like her. What am I saying? Who would want to go out with a repulsive guy like me? It'll never happen…> His cheerful smile disappeared. A pang of sadness came over him. Rejection was a hard and bitter lesson.

Dismayed by his own misery, Brock concentrated on his work instead. He heard a loud yell. His head jerked up. To his complete amazement, the TV screen showed two angry sailor scouts bashing on the meddling reporter. Sailor Venus was cursing and Sailor Mars slapped the silly reporter's face. Sailor Moon, Sailor Jupiter and Sailor Mercury silently glared at the TV camera, ignoring further questions.

"Awww, that's gonna hurt him even more." Brock taunted evilly. There was a wicked smile plastered on his face. Shamelessly, he was enjoying himself. Mostly, he kept his wondering eyes on the sailor scouts. He had always appreciation for beautiful women. But this time, he was intrigued even more. He had never seen Sailor Venus this feisty before.

"She does look cute when she gets angry," Brock gazed at her thoughtfully. In his opinion, she was the most stunning girl to look at. With those great looks, she has no trouble with guys drooling at her feet by now. "I wonder if she already has a boyfriend??" His curious thoughts wondered out loud.

"Whose boyfriend Brock?" A voice chimed in, evading on his thoughts.

"Huh?" His mind reverted to reality, snapping out of his usual daydream. Misty and Ash were grinning foolishly. Tracey gave him a friendly wave. They came back from their fishing trip.

"Oh, you're back. I didn't notice. Did you had fun?" Brock asked, acting all cool. He turned his attention away from the TV and he caught the last glimpse of Sailor Venus.

"Oh, we had fun alright. I see you kept yourself pretty busy!" Misty said mischievously. "So, who had you're eye on this time?" She asked noisily.

"Nothing… Don't you have something else to do?" He asked her gruffly, avoiding the topic. He kept himself busy by sweeping the floors.

"Back off, guys…" Tracey said gently. "Enough with the teasing okay? We still have to get this fish ready for dinner." Tracey was the peacemaker in the group.

"She's way out of your league, Brock." Misty advised. "She's a superhero. It's unlikely there's any chances for you to be with her." She said seriously.

"Do me a favor Misty?" Brock asked, looking annoyed. "Mind you're on business!"

"Don't take it so hard, Brock." Ash said calmly. "She's just looking out for you." He said defensively.

"Who asked you anyway?!?!" Brock exclaimed. He nearly screamed. It took him a few minutes to calm down. He remembered that he was a special guest under Ash's roof.

"You know I need a break. I forgot to take one earlier." He said thoughtfully. He excused himself and left the room in silence.

Tracey shook his head. "You guys need to learn how to keep your mouth shut…" Ash and Misty glowered at him in return…

* * *

Mimet was in trouble. Another mission failed. <It's all that silly scouts fault! Now, how am I going to explain all this to Prof. Tomoe? He'll kick me out of the witches 4 for good??? What do I do??> She looked around the room uneasily. It was so dark. She could hardly see the faces before her. Their silhouettes illuminated by a small tiny light inside the underground basement of Tomoe's mansion.

"Order, Order…" A female voice interrupted the chattering around the room. It was Kaori Night and she brought Prof. Tomoe with her.

"Sorry ladies to keep all waiting…" Prof. Tomoe said pleasantly. He went into his desk.

"Good afternoon, Prof. Tomoe!" His assistants greeted back warmly. Mimet squeaked a reply. She was just too nervous to speak!

"I'm having this emergency meeting because of a disturbing news report that I saw during lunchtime. And I'm sure there has to be a reasonable explanation for this…" Prof. Tomoe said calmly. "Mimet? would you kindly fill in the details, please?"

Mimet could feel all eyes watching her. Her nerves were shaking. The tension was in the air. She gave a deep breath. <Here, it goes> She stood up from her seat. "The monster went berserk. It refused to listen to my orders sir! I tried my best. But the plan went a little haywire…" <I hope he buys this!! I don't know what else to say??> After she spoke, she swallowed nervously.

Prof. Tomoe gave her a scrutinizing look and evaluated her words. After a moment of silence, he gave in his verdict. "Well in this case, Mimet. You would have been severely punished. But you were sincere and honest about your mistake. The monster was unfortunate result of a bad mishap from my part…"

"What???" Kaori Night was looking dubious. "But all of you're creations are in perfect shape. She failed???" She said accusingly. Mimet huffed in anger.

"Now, now. Kaori Night. We all make mistake…" Prof. Tomoe said smoothly. "And we all learn from our mistake, right Mimet?"

"Yes, Prof.. Thank you…" Mimet said gratefully.

"Class is dismissed. You're all free to go!" Prof. Tomoe announced, watching the witches 4 leave the room.

"Prof. Tomoe, how could you go so easy on her???!!?" Kaori Night demanded.

"Her time will come eventually…" He answered shortly.

Two individuals were spying outside from the Tomoe's mansion. Their van parked near the lamppost. Both of them were wearing large TR uniforms. "Is this the right address, Butch?" Cassidy asked.

"Well, this is the place we found right?" Butch said, looking through his binoculars. "Come on, we better ring the boss!"

* * *

Brock peeked inside the living room. He didn't want another showdown with Ash or Misty.

"It's safe to come out, Brock. They're with Prof. Oak." Tracey said, looking amused.

"Oh good," Brock said, taking a seat next to Tracey on the big coach in front of the TV screen. "I didn't mean too lose it back there..." He apologized.

"They didn't mean it, you know." Tracey said sympathetically.

"I know…" Brock sighed. "I just wished they were little bit mature. They're only kids…"

"No comments there," Tracey said. Brock gave a little laugh.

"What are you working on?" Brock asked curiously, looking over his sketchbook.

"Just doodling…" Tracey was busy sketching.

"Can I see?" Brock asked. Tracey nodded and gave his sketchbook to Brock.

"Wow." Brock was impressed. He was looking at a sketch of a girl playing a violin. "She's pretty. Anyone in particular?"

"Umm, no one…" Tracey felt embarrassed.

"Aww, come on. Who is it?" Brock persisted. Then, he noticed a CD on the coffee table. He put the sketchbook down and grabbed the CD. He read the label. "Michelle Kaoih: Moonlight Sonata. Hey, this is the girl. What kind of music does she play?"

"Yeah, that's her. Michelle Kaoih, a famous Japanese violinist. She only plays classical music. I've never been to her concert before I would love to hear her play. Something about her music that draws me to her" Tracey explained.

"Nice, She's beautiful and talented… You've got a good taste in women." Brock said, admiring the CD cover.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Prof. Oak got an important call. He's being awarded for his work." Tracey announced happily, "The award should take place some time next week in Tokyo, Japan. I think there's going to be the annual science convention."

"Tokyo, Japan huh?" Brock murmured. His interest perked up and an idea began to form on his head.

"Hello? Brock??" Tracey asked, waving his hand in front of Brock's'face.

"This is perfect!!" Brock exclaimed. He jumped from his seat.

"What are you talking about?" Tracey was perplexed. He was looking at Brock as if he lost his wits.

"You and I are going to meet the girls of our dreams!!" Brock said, posing dramatically. His eyes shined with excitement. "Now, I can finally show Ash and Misty that I'm not a big time loser!" He said with a determination.

"You mean Michelle?" Tracey questioned. "No way, I'm sure she doesn't need to see another fan groveling at her feet."

"Aww, come on Trace." Brock coaxed. "Where's you're sense of adventure? You've been too soft and dull during the Orange League." There was a hint of malice in his voice.

Tracey was outraged. "What do you mean dull and boring?!?! I'm not!!" He protested. "In fact, I'm going to visit Prof. Oak right now and convinced him to take us to Tokyo, Japan with him…" Tracey stood up and headed for the front door.

Brock was grinning from ear to ear. "It's looks like I have some packing to do!" He said, smiling to himself. He whistled a happy tune as he walked away…

To be continued. Please stay tuned for Act 2.

PS: How was Act 1? I was disappointed with the first chapter. It's not as interesting as "My destiny" because I didn't used the dimensional portal or using the time gate. I really wanted this story to be different. I'm hoping I made the characters more true and realistic. This is another Brock x Mina and a totally new couple (not really) Tracey x Michelle. I'm introducing another three couples later on. It's going to be a challenge to do outer scouts. "False Pretenses" was going to be Tracey x Michelle fic but I found out that Tracey was not a popular character to some Pokemon Fans. Senerarey Chiba first came out with this couple from her story: "The Shine Has Come." Oh yeah, Michelle and Amara are only cousins based on the dubbed version. Please leave your thoughts on the review or email… Thank you.