Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ A new Beginning ❯ Back to normal life (FINALLY! It's over!) ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Okay guys, here's the last chapter… I think… I hope. '~' I've been slowly driving myself insane trying to come up with this chapter and think of a way to end it… For 3 days, I continuously thought of ideas for it, only to tear about 20 pages into shreds. ^^; (In fact, I wrote some of this at the pool!) If it sucks PLEASE tell me so and don't be nice about it either. I'll rewrite it if you don't like it. So without further ado, Chapter 7!



A new Beginning
Chapter Seven

"Pika! (ouch!)" Satoshi awoke from his dream and realized that he had kicked Pikachu and not Roshu. Damn.
"Gomen! I was dreaming…" he didn't finish his thought because he realized something had a hold of him. What the… Oh yeah. Now he remembered. Kasumi had wanted to sleep in his room with him the night before. Smiling, he turned over to face her and absently stroked her cheek. She looks like an angel when she sleeps. He thought. Pikachu noticed the far-off goofy grin on his trainer's face and sighed. He was hopeless.
"Hey Satoshi!" Takeshi called, opening his door a bit. "Time to get up!" Uh-oh… next he would go to Kasumi's room…
"Hey Kasumi-chan…" he heard Takeshi say as he opened the door to her room. "Ahh! Satoshi-kun!" he yelled, running into his room. "Kasumi-chan's missing!"
"No she's not." He replied calmly. He gently removed her arms from around his waist and sat up. He watched Takeshi's eyes go wide (hmm… has anyone EVER seen his eyes?) and a grin spread across his face.
"Wait! It's not what you think!" he called as Takeshi ran down the stairs. Damn. Now he would tell Kenji and they'd never hear the end of this. Sighing, he gently shook Kasumi to wake her up.
"Hmm?" she mumbled, her eyes fluttering open. He smiled.
"Takeshi says its time to get up." Her eyes opened wider.
"Oh no! Did he…?"
"Hai… now he's off to tell Kenji." He replied with a laugh.
"NANI?" she jumped up and ran down the stairs. Satoshi followed with interest.
Threatening Takeshi…

Turned out Takeshi hadn't gotten to tell Kenji about what he saw because Kasumi had gotten to him first. Kasumi and Satoshi were sure he wasn't willing to share. Maybe it was because he was just a nice guy. Or maybe it was Kasumi's threat to knock him into the next universe and put him in a full body cast. Hmm. Either way, their secret was safe.
Present

Kasumi was at home by herself. The three boys had gone to some place she didn't want to go, so she stayed home. (HELP! I don't know where they went… the only suggestions I got from Nicki and Kayla was a strip bar, but that's not gonna work here… I still need Satoshi alive.^^;)
"I cant' believe he wanted me to go with them." she said to Togepi and Pikachu.
"Pii, Pikachu! (Satoshi doesn't get stuff like that)" She laughed.
"Obviously." She spent the next few hours watching TV and picking up around the house. She was in the kitchen when the doorbell rang.
"Those idiots." She said to herself on the way to the door. "Forgot their keys." She slipped off her slippers and put on her shoes. "How badly do you want in the house Satoshi? Hmm?" she teased through the door. Getting no answer and frowning, she opened the door and blushed when she saw who it was.
"Roshu-kun! Gomen, I thought you were Satoshi-tachi…" he smiled at her.
"It's okay. I kinda like the idea of you thinking of me as your boyfriend." Not knowing how to answer, she just stared blankly at him. "Gomen, just forget I said that. May I come in?"
"Sure." She replied, moving aside. He walked in the door and slipped off his shoes, and Kasumi did the same, putting her slippers back on. She pointed him to the living room and he sat down in one of the chairs. "Would you like something to drink?" she offered.
"Why not?" he said with a smile.
"I'll go make some tea." She replied. As she disappeared into the kitchen, she could feel his smile follow her. Creepy. She thought. Pikachu came with her into the kitchen.
"Pika pi! (I don't like this guy!)" The creature told her, jumping onto the counter.
"It's fine Pikachu. You worry too much about him, just like Satoshi." Fifteen minutes later, she brought two cups of tea into the living room. "Here you go." She said as she handed one to him.
"Arigatou." He took a sip and set it down. He took her cup from her and sat it down next to his. Then he seized her hand in his and stood up to face her.
"So why are you dating a looser like Satoshi?" I mean, it's an insult to a beautiful girl like you."
"LOOSER?" she exclaimed.
"Just the facts babe." He said with a grin.



I wonder what Kasumi's been up to all this time? Satoshi asked himself as the three walked up to the door. He opened the door and stepped into the foyer, taking off his shoes and putting on his slippers.
"Tadaima!" he called. He became concerned when he got no response. "Kasumi?" Hearing voices in the living room, he walked in just in time to see Roshu's fist connect with Kasumi's jaw. She yelped in pain and fell to the floor from the force of his blow. Without thinking, he ran over to him and punched him three times in the face, not caring where. Roshu sank to the ground holding his nose.
"You asshole!" she spat, kneeling down next to Kasumi. "Kasumi? You okay?" Her eyes were filled with tears and she nodded weakly. He smiled at her and squeezed her hand reassuringly. Takeshi and Kenji watched from the doorway in surprise. Satoshi carefully picked up Kasumi and handed her to Takeshi.
"Take care of her for a moment." He instructed. Roshu soon found himself being roughly thrown out the front door.
"You'll regret that!" Roshu yelled as the door slammed shut. Satoshi went back into the living room and saw that Takeshi had laid Kasumi out on the couch and was examining her jaw.
"I'm… fine." She protested. Upon seeing Satoshi, she started to cry and reach out to him. He went over to her and took her in his arms. She sobbed into his shoulder.
"Gomen, I should have listened to you…"
"It's alright." He replied.
"Ne, Satoshi-kun, we should take her to a hospital… her jaw could be cracked or broken." Takeshi interrupted. Satoshi nodded.
At the hospital

Satoshi sat in the waiting room with Takeshi and Kenji as the doctor looked at Kasumi.
"Damnit." He cursed. " I shouldn't have left her alone."
"It's not your fault." Kenji told him.
"Excuse me." A VERY familiar voice called. "I'm looking for a Tajiri Satoshi." Three heads turned towards the source of the voice to find that it belonged to Officer Junsa. Takeshi immediately fell into his "pretty girl trance."
"That would be me!" he called. Satoshi rolled his eyes.
"Actually, that's me." He announced. Junsa turned her attention to him.
"Young man. Do you know how much trouble you're in? A boy about your age came in here with two black eyes and a broken nose. He says you just hit him for no reason." Just then Kasumi and the doctor entered the room.
"What's going on?" Kasumi looked around the room with concern.
"Junsa-san." Satoshi spoke up. "I didn't hit him for no reason. He hit Kasumi and I reacted without thinking." Junsa crossed her arms.
"Well that certainly changes things." Satoshi turned his attention back to Kasumi.
"Is she okay?" he asked the doctor.
"Hai, she just has a very bad bruise. She's lucky her jaw's not broken." Satoshi nodded and hugged Kasumi.
"You're off the hook." Junsa said to him and walked out of the room.
"Arigatou."
Three Months Later… Masara Town

"Hey there." Kasumi said to Satoshi as she sat next to him on his front porch. He turned to smile at her. They sat in silence for a few minutes when Satoshi spoke.
"I was thinking…"
"That's unusual." She teased. He stuck his tongue out at her and she laughed. "Gomen. Hai?"
"Maybe normal life isn't for us. For me anyways. I'd really like to go back to traveling again. Would you come with me?"
"Satoshi no baka. Of course I'm coming with you." He grinned.
"Think we can not tell Takeshi and just go off by ourselves?" She raised an eyebrow at him.
"I don't think so pal."
"Damn." She just laughed and pulled him to his feet.
"Come on. Let's go tell him. Then we've got some packing to do!"
"You sure we can't be by ourselves?" He found himself being shoved into the bush and then locked out of his own house.


~blink blink blink, then comes out of trance and falls to knees~ IT'S DONE!!!!! IT'S DONE!!!!!!! I FINALLY FINISHED THIS!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! LOL, I've been forcing myself to write this and it's finally over! YAY! Not that I didn't enjoy writing this, I really did, but I kept getting stuck in this chapter. ^^ Hope you liked and thank you sooooooo much for your reviews!! Especially you Misty-san! (yes, you Misty Wildflower! ^^;) See ya next time!

-Daidouji-san