Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Aurora Mistress ❯ Poisoned Waters ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Aurora Mistress
Poisoned Waters


The cry was long and loud, and Karieru didn't care. Charni...and Enderyn were lost.

Jasmine lay injured, wing bleeding heavily.

Linaire had been torn from her Ultraball and was covered in bruises, sweating heavily.

Fiertethe chowed down on a Lanturn, favouring her right forepaw.

Karieru checked her belt for the two remaining Pokemon. Umbra and the egg were still intact. She released Umbra, who was glad to catch a breath of the fresh ocean air. Umbra trotted to the waters and held back. They were poisoned. The Suicune was sure of it. And Fiertethe was eating a dead Lanturn! She hissed in warning. The Arcanine paused, puzzled. A sickly expression came over her beautiful face, and she lay whining. Karieru rushed to Fiertethe and noticed the Lanturn. "Please, not you too..." She whipped her backpack open, searching desperately for a Full Heal.

There was nothing, not even the simplest Berry.

-Fiertethe, retreat.- At least in the Pokeball the Arcanine would be safer. "Nobody eat anything from the water!" she yelled. Then she rummaged for something, anything for Jasmine and Linaire. She lay a blanket over the two, for a chilling breeze whipped through the air.

Umbra remained motionless.

Karieru blinked. She'd trained this beautiful creature from a Level 40 to a 70, and still the Suicune wasn't completely sure. Sixteen badges, beginning with Johto then Kanto, and tasting victory at the Elite's expense. Even constantly teaching Alex a lesson hadn't proved anything to it. The Suicune wanted more. Much more. But she didn't demand, yet wait patiently for her chestnut-haired trainer to give it to her.

She'd named the creature Umbra for her personality. Umbra hid and dodged about like a shadow in a way only dark ones could, revealing herself over time. Too much time.

The Pokeseer from Cianwood herself said so.

The Aurora Pokemon.

~I love you, Umbra. Just as much as all my other Pokemon.~

The Suicune stared.

~Don't you care too? Even for a single moment?~

A gust of wind blew, sending Karieru's teeth chattering. Jasmine used her one good wing to cuddle the trainer, and Karieru was thankful for the warmth of Jasmine's feathers. She was drowsy, and looked at Umbra a final time.

Umbra lay down by herself, showing Karieru she would not run, but would not like the close contact with the other Pokemon.

Yet she saw it as a sign of rejection.

Poisoned waters.............