Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Aurora Mistress ❯ Sorrowful Waters ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Aurora Mistress
Sorrowful Waters

A/N: About the prequel: I lost all my notes, so I have no idea about Six Elements' plot anymore. So that story will go to sleep until I rethink of something. But notice I said "sleep" not "dead".

MediaMiner: Uhh, I still have to upload the prequel. *sweatdrop*


~*~I know you don't love me, but we're headed into strange waters, and I can't survive on my own.~*~

Blue-eyed, brunette Eliana gasped for air on her Lapras' back. "Ryni, that was one unexpected twister." Ryni squealed in agreement. The waves were gentle, but an odd colouring was in them. A colouring so carefully blended they could not tell what sort of colour it would be. The two squinted. Some sort of rocky shoreline greeted them far across the distance. There was no forestry, just jagged rocks and sand on the miniature chain of islands. Ryni put on a burst of speed for land. And what was THAT?

"Ryni, that's a Suicune," Eliana breathed. "What's it doing out THERE?"

'I have no idea.'

"Let's capture it so we can start training Dragon Pokemon sooner."

'But the Dragon Master...he's sick...'

"Hurry, Ryni! Suicune moves quickly!"

'Whatever...'

Umbra sensed the blockers of the wind's movement. She arose, and eyes widened as she knew just what was in store for her. Run or awaken the girl.

Eliana wasted no time. Just before they hit land, she threw a Masterball. -Paro, release!- A Raikou appeared before Umbra. -THUNDER- Several bolts of raw electricity came crashing down on Umbra and hit their mark, despite her wild dodging. She was paralysed, and groaned hopefully for one of her companions to awaken. 'Linaire!' The girl pulled out an Ultraball and was about to throw it when another knocked her down flat. Ryni shrieked in anger and Paro roared while Umbra cringed. "What the heck is your problem?" Eliana demanded.

"That's MY Suicune!" shrieked Karieru.

"Are you kidding me, girl? I'm about to catch it."

Karieru retrieved Umbra's Masterball. -Umbra, retreat.- Eliana's mouth fell open as Umbra was sucked in with a flash of red light, then -Release Umbra.- put out again. "She's mine."

"I'm sorry," Eliana bowed her head, finding herself slightly shorter than the chestnut-eyed girl. "I just didn't see you or...oh my! What happened to your Pidgeot and Dragonite?!"

"We were caught in a twister," Karieru admitted. "I don't have supplies for them. My others are worse off, but inside their Pokeballs."

"You should keep the Pidgeot in its Pokeball."

"But I figured her wing could use fresh air to heal."

"You call this fresh?" She waved her arms. "The water's this strange colour."

"Honestly? I hadn't noticed that, but I know the waters are poisoned." Her tone was sarcastic.

"They are?!"

"My Arcanine found them to be so."

Eliana looked about her. "Do you have any idea where we are?"

"No," Karieru replied hotly, then noticed an embroidered Dragonair on the inside of her dark blue jacket. "You're a clan member?"

"Course I am." She puffed out her chest. "I was born in Blackthorn herself."

"I am SO sorry. I'm from New Bark Town."

"You're an ass," both concluded, then glared at each other angrily in surprise as Paro and Umbra. Linaire growled threateningly. Eliana glanced at the Dragonite with envy. They completely ignored the other afterwards, devoting their attention to the Pokemon.

"Can you get your Suicune to clean the water?" Eliana asked three hours later. "I mean, a Suicune IS supposed to be the reincarnation of the northern winds. It should be able to do that."

"Umbra?" She looked at her trainer. "Could you heal the waters?" Karieru tensed under Umbra's empty look. "If you don't want to I'll understand."

"No, you won't understand. You moron, we'll die of thirst if your Suicune won't do anything about it! What's wrong with you anyway? Don't you know how to share respect with your Pokemon?"

~Humans~ Umbra sniffed, then dashed across the open sea. Karieru and Eliana were up on their feet at once.

"Umbra! Where are you going?!" Tears streamed down Karieru's eyes. "Please, Umbra! UMBRA!"

"What next?!" Eliana cursed. "Damn your Suicune! Now how can you survive--"

"Can we SURF with your Lapras?"

"SURF where?!" She was becoming exasperated. "We're far out into open water, no civilisation for a long way. Your Suicune won't find anything for at least a week, even at that speed."

Linaire and Jasmine arose and gazed towards the sea. Jasmine nudged the Dragonite in obvious confusion. Linaire glanced at her Pidgeot companion momentarily, and blinked. She tested her wings as Karieru's eyes widened in terror. "Linaire!" The Dragonite sighed and flopped back down. No flying tonight.

Yet something troubled Linaire's consciousness as she closed them gently. Images of her life as a Dratini surfaced; images of a dark, deep cavern and a shrine at its heart. Inside were elderly men who she knew to possess great wisdom. To the dimly lit centre of the shrine of marble was an altar carved with her species. It had always attracted her in a mysterious, alluring way. And what was the heart of this all? That olden cheerful voice that was just as mystical as the shrine itself.

The Dragon Master.

Linaire's eyes snapped open, there was a wild, desperate look to them. Something was wrong. She must return quickly. Now. The smallest tear began to form in her intelligent eyes. If only she could fly to the Dragon Den and see him.

~Please...before it's too late.~


A/N: I hoped that was a bit longer than the first chapter and just as good
(maybe even more!).