Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Aurora Mistress ❯ Into the Waters ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Aurora Mistress
Into the Waters

A/N: I don't think Suicune, Entei and Raikou are canine. They may have the four legs, but everyone knows Arcanine's a dog. Do you see similarities between Arcanine & those three? Houndour, Houndoom & Growlithe are canines, but the three don't really look anything like them. Each canine Pokemon has close similarities. And lots of Pokemon who are their own creature have 4 legs.

................................................

~*~Into the waters, seek completion...~*~

Eusine smiled at his memories of chasing those three legendary Pokemon as trainers swarmed into Celadon's Pokecenter, chatting about rare sightings. Red and Blue once again left Pallet, and only Professor Oak knew where they went. Blue had taken the Viridian Gym after Giovanni was defeated and exposed, but never seemed to be there. This ticked off badge-seeking trainers.

Nurse Joy tapped his shoulder. "You've been here the longest. Shouldn't you be going home?"

"Thank you miss." He exited at once, but a trainer's voice rose.

"I SAW SUICUNE!"

"No way, you must be kidding! Terlu captured her."

"Well I don't know about that girl but I saw a Suicune and I'm going after it!"

The elegant trainer stopped dead in his tracks. ~Mistress Terlu--Karieru! Did she release Umbra?~ As of now, there were only one of each kind of the trio. He shook his head in an effort to clear it, yet a strange yearning came to him.

~Umbra...running around and free...no, it wasn't right, couldn't take the kid's favourite Pokemon from her...but if she was released...maybe, maybe...~ He walked swiftly, trying to push the guilty thoughts from his mind.

There was a sudden gust of wind. He instinctively checked his compass.

~The northern winds blow wherever She goes.~

"Umbra."

************************************************

~*~Into the waters, freed from an internal prison...~*~

"I've got it!" announced Karieru triumphantly.

"Well hurry up and say it, for lizard's sake."

"My cellular telephone!" She punched in numbers rapidly.

::Hi, Dana on the line. Who am I speaking with?::

"It's me, silly. Karieru!"

::Oh! I'd like to keep this gift, but I promise I'll save you something--::

"Dana, I'm stuck on some miniature island!"

::Whatever are you doing there?! You need help?::

"Yeah!"

::I'll see if I can find anyone who can. Bye!::

"Wait--"

::BEEP, BEEP::

"What an airhead," Eliana commented.

Darkness was falling, and again the wind turned its icy back to them. Eliana was quite comfortable, nestled with her Pokemon inside the only cavern on the rocky isle. Karieru shivered despite being huddled between Jasmine and Linaire.

Hours slipped past...

Dawn still had not come when Karieru awakened. The cold was biting through the blanket, and even the Dragonite shivered. Jasmine had the advantage of feathers. -Linaire, retreat- Suddenly, Jasmine leapt up, exposing her trainer fully.

"Jasmine, what the heck is wrong?!" Then she looked where the Pidgeot stared. A great wave was coming their way. "Eliana!" She rushed over to the cavern, shouting and calling until she received a rude reply. "You have to come and see this!" The girl grumbled and came out, only to dash back in and retrieve her Pokemon.

-Release Paro- The Raikou roared, frightening Jasmine into hiding. Eliana mounted him quickly and left. Karieru raced to the shore and screamed.

"Eliana! What about us?!"

"Fend for yourself!"

"My Pokemon are weakened! Umbra's gone! We can't survive!"

"Do I care?!"

Jasmine put her head down as the wave's fury drew closer.

"Please--there's time to turn back and run again! Even if you don't like me wouldn't you do it for the Pokemon?"

Paro paused and looked back. No, the watery death was too close. Only that Suicune could have made it.

Eliana felt slightly guilty, but shook her head. "Too late. Tick tock. tick tock, time's up. If only your Suicune was still here, then you'd have a chance."

~*~Into the waters, swift and healed~*~

Karieru collapsed to her knees, heart in throat. Jasmine crooned in an effort of last-minute comfort. The sound of the wave pounded in their ears, deafening all other sounds. "If," her voice was choked, "all of you are in your balls and I put you in the sealed compartment of my pack, then at least you'll survive...maybe..."

*I don't want to.*

"Sorry, birdie." -Jasmine, retreat-

Swiftly all items were transferred to different compartments. She remained in her spot, waiting for the wave crash over. In the blink of an eye, it engulfed the entire island, but it was shallow. Karieru's mind snapped at the realisation they COULD survive. She was frantic, trying to move to higher ground.

Then a second wave, not quite as large as the first, but powerful enough in the riptide to pull her under.

~*~
Into the waters, seek completion
Into the waters, freed from an internal prison
Into the waters, swift and healed
Into the waters, into the waters!
~*~