Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Blood is thicker than tears ❯ A 'trip' in the woods ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

That next morning, I kind of eased up. We went outside, and the only one with us was Ash. "What do you boys wanna do today?" The cheery Ali questioned Ash and me, the two quiet boys. "We could play hide and seek in the woods, it's fun there!" Ash insisted. A great game, it is. I'll agree to play. "Awesome! What about you Trace? Wanna play with us?" Ali asked me. "Sure sweety, I'll play!" I said enthusiastically. I didn't want her to know what I really thought. At least we're safer in the woods. We walked to Varidian city, into the local wooded area. "I'll find you two, k?" Ali asked. "Alright." I answered to her, watching her cover her eyes as she sat on a rock. Ash quickly hopped next to me as I attempted to find a good hiding spot. "Hey Trace, I gotta tell ya something." Ash wispered. "What is it, Ash?" I asked. I bet he knew all about the plan. I bet he was forced to be involved. I bet he declined the orders and wants me and Ali to be aware. I bet-too many bets. I'll stop betting. "I was with Brock Misty May and Max. I think they are planning to hurt Ali." He spoke into my ear. His Pikachu put it's ears down and looked sad. "Piiiiika." It sympathized. "Really?" I asked. I had to play dumb because he doesn't know I know. Oh great, I'm not speaking proper English. Sorry. "Well, yeah. They were speaking some kind of plan, and wanted me in it. I told them no many times. I want you to be aware. Eventually, they are gonna corner Ali and try to beat her up. Believe me, I listened to the whole plan. I wanted to hide in here so they can't find us, unless they followed us here. We gotta protect Ali now. We shouldn't tell her either, it's safer then. They wanna try to pretend they're her friends until they find a good time when she's alone to attack." He gave me the blow-by-blow. "Ok, but is there a way we can get back at them?" I said, beginning to sit under a hollow tree stump. It was big enough to fit both of us in it, so we both sat under it. "I can listen in on more plans. We can find out when they'll try to attack, then let them corner Ali like they want. We'll pop out of a hiding spot, and protect her." Ash explained. "Good plan." I complimented. I then heard footsteps. Calm, quiet, footsteps. They got closer and closer as they pressd against the damp, cool ground. As I peered around the trunk I noticed Ali was searching for us. I turned back to the inside of the trunk. A few minutes later, I heard a thump. I looked over, and she had fallen. "Ali?" I jumped out of my hiding place. "I.....FOUND YOU!" Ali squeaked. "But I tripped, and there's nothing there. Hmmmmmm...." She hummed. "I......don't know.It was probably B-I mean, just your foot." I replied.But it couldn't have been her foot she tripped on. It might've been Brock or someone. She pulled herself up. "Now, where is that little brother of mine?" She asked in a demon-like vocal. I stepped back so she could walk. "There he is!" Ali had found her brother. "Ya got me!" Ash laughed. The next round we played I had to find them. I got Ash on the first try. He was hiding in a large bush. Luckly it wasn't a picker bush, or that would've hurt! To find Ali, all I did was stand still. She came runnning to me, and the look on her face wasn't good. She fell into me, knocking me down. "I........found you?" I asked. Ali began to pant nervously. "I tripped again and this time something dragged me!" She cried. "Ali, it's ok. Let's go home. I'll carry you so nothing can trip you." I hugged her and tried to calm her down. "But what was it?" Ali asked. I didn't answer. I pretended I had no clue. "I don't know." I choked out. Ash came to my side, as I picked up Ali. We walked home.
you guys!" Brock greeted. "Hi Brock." Ali said. Why did she talk to him? Oh yeah, she doesn't know the plan yet. Right. "Why are you carrying her, Tracey?" Brock asked. Like it was his buisiness anyway. "I tripped on something and whatever it was pulled me deeper into the woods. I got so scared so he carried me home in case I trip again." Ali said. "Oh. I see." Brock tried to hide his suspicious voice. The one that meant he tripped her. And what dragged her on the ground. But I knew to keep it all in my head. "If you;ll please excuse me, I need to find Misty May and Max right now....." Brock excused himself from the conversation. "Ok brock, see ya later!" Ali waved good-bye to the fading figure on the horizon.
I know that I have to keep watch on that guy.