Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Cosmos: The tale of Yin!Yang ❯ One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hey ye'all. I hope this comes out right, my MS word is being a bitch, and I all can use is wordpad (it's evil). So please ignore the crappy format, if it happens to be in one (I'm still testing this stuff out). Well, onto other things. This is my first, and most likely last, Pokemon fic (I'm not totally big on Pokemon, but I love Eevee A LOT). It's centered around the pokemon, meaning there is very little human notice, and no Ash (thank God). There's a bunch of my own created pokemon in there, so I'll try and be descriptive, but I have a ton of drawings somewhere... anyways! I hope you like it.
(Oh, by-the-way, there is a quite a bit of Japanese in this, if you can't understand it, look it up ^^)
Thanks to Enya and her song "Boadicea" for the inspiration to this fanfic. It is now the theme song for it.
Cosmos: The tale of Yin!Yang
"Okiteiru Perla-san, matawa anata yuigon atesokonai asagohan!"
My mother called to me, before we had joined, before we split, before we fell in love... before she died. She was my most valuable friend and wise in her advice, as Vaporeons often were known for in my land. My father was of the water 'Eon too, though his skin darker indigo than my mother's.
"Daijoobu Okaasan..."
I really wished I hadn't woken that morn, I didn't want to right from the start. The air was chilled, the sun didn't shine his rays as brightly over the hills, birds sang in sorrow, trees were still, as well as the time. I could feel the oncoming deaths within my bones, I was like that back then, alone, a prodigy white Eevee with main and tail-tip black as night.
"Ah, ohayoo gozaimasu watashi no enjeru, genki desu ka kore yoake?"
My mother stared me right in my bright golden eyes, hers, the only thing I saw that morn to be unlike the rest of the world, beautiful and happy, laughter glinted she smiled down to me. She was much larger than I was, her dark head fin and ear fins glittered with morning dew, and her long, mermaid tail looped around my tiny body, welcoming me to a confusing day.
"Rippa Okaasan, watashi motteiru hitotsu zen yoru no yasumi. Nan no watashitachi asagohan?"
We spoke in our native tongue, we only used the western tongue when in danger, it was a signal when using the western tongue, it mean the situation was serious enough to blurt out foreign words.
Mother peered into the pale sun for a moment... she must have felt it too. Something was wrong about this morn, she couldn't place her finger on it either, but she knew, just as I did.
"Anata no chichi hazurete te ni ireru sake, anata oji yuigon kokku sore kirei."
"Ah, sake!"
...My name is Perla, his is Max. We once hated each other, joined, found love, and died. He is like me, but ebony. His mane and tail-tip are white, like me, just as mine are black, like him. He went first, I followed, but not like him... the Charizard killed him, that bastard creature, he rose from the death-licking flames themselves, and he brought the hell with him. He took Max away from me, he slaied him... then I slaied myself. Now you know... now have sympathy, not for me, for my Max, for my mother, and father, and uncle, my whole family, for everyone, for they are rightfully doomed.
Father and my uncle came back. Uncle, the one and only proud Flareon in our small family bore his mighty flames too cook the salmon, Father and Mother stood close, in case the flames grew wild, they would call on their waves. I had no element such as them, in fact, I never wanted to grow up, to evolve into a 'Eon. I was a white Eevee placed on this Earth for a reason, and I am damn thankful now I though of it that way... perhaps I have saved more lives by doing so.
The first sign of the Dark Era began as we sat peacefully and munched the skin and muscles in our jaws, the clouds gathered around the already weak sun, night had come once again, but no stars shown now. My Father was the first to look up, just as thunder rolled over the horrid sky. He commented on the weather, clueless about the upcoming hell, but knowing of the wrong things appearing. The lakes drained, fish, Magicarp, Sedra, all types of aquatic pokemon flapped around. Lightening. Another drum of thunder. It was all coming down now, it was happening. Now I knew why the day was morbid, now I saw the answer to the gloom within the songs of the birds. Today the Dark Lord of all had chosen to create a new on Earth, a new hell, that is. The Earth shook and broke, one side, my mother and father, the other, my uncle and I stood.
"Mother!" Now it was serious, I called to her in western tongue, wondering if she would answer, if she could answer.
"Perla! Stay your ground! I'll jump to you!" She spoke boldly, but I knew she was scared. Her doubt about the leap was perhaps the greatest fear for her, right under losing her one and only daughter, her white Eevee.
"You won't make it, damnit!" My Flareon uncle now jolted forward, his thick voice directed to my mother, his red eyes darting with flames, flames of fear and confusing.
She didn't listen, my mother just wouldn't, she had to save me, her baby, her flesh and blood. But hell, I wish she would of...
Once her front paws flung from the edge of the crumbling Earth, I ducked my head into my uncle's yellow mane, and I'm glad I did, or I wouldn't have wanted to live, then Yin!Yang would never be formed... but I didn't look, I didn't want to see my mother fall, I just wanted to see her on my side of the broken Earth. But even that was too much to ask.
Heavy winds kicked up from the mouth of the fires, the fwap each time his deep teal wing displaced air echoed in my ear, followed by a black snarl... then my mother's voice soared in a shriek.
"My Lord..." I heard my uncle sputter out, then came the raging call of my father, he called my mother's name, first in anger, then, as I glanced curiously away from my uncle, he spoke it in grief.
Just at the edge of the broken Earth I stood upon, was my mother... part of my mother, her lower half, hanging on the cliff, blood spilled on the emerald grass, soil rubbed on pink intestines, fires roasting the falling organs.
"Parla! Leave!" My father cried, watching something dance in the sky, something huge and vile.
My left paw stuck out, hitting the Earth one step closer to the dead body of my mother. Another foot, right in front of the other... she was ripped straight in two halves. I shouldn't have seen it, I wasn't ready for it...
What had done it...? There wasn't a harmful pokemon in these woods. 'Eons ruled it, all living side-by-side in peace, giving to their needed brothers and helping the ill. Pidgy also inhabited the land, Ratatta, Butterfree, Bulbasauar, Doduo, and all other types, big to small, helping and watching over each other. Who... no, what would slay my mother so?
"Parla... come Parla, now..." my uncle moved slowly, his eyes were fixed on something more, something close to my father, and as she grabbed me, dashing into the night, I would hear my father's voice the last time.
"No Cyrus! Go back to hell, she will not fall for you, she must complete Yin!Yang, she will destroy you!"
"No mortal Eevee can compare to me, I am a God of hell, strength mightier than that of Lugia, and she will fall to my power..."
"She will die first. She cannot join with you, she is Yin, only joined with her life partner, Yang. They will have more force than you will dream of."
"Bow before me, pitiful Vapreon, perhaps I shall spare your life for the damned things you sputtered."
"I do not bow before you, go hell Charizard, go back, you have nothing here but delayed damnation."
Now I was cradled by my uncle, sheltered in his husky arms, my body was, but not my ears. It became faint and dull, but I heard the two, my father protecting me from a beast, a monster come to take me into hell. My father saved me, as did my mother... they gave their lives for their child.
I was never absolutely sure if my father had lived, but within the short life I would have, I never saw him again.
I still miss them, even in death I feel pain. Death isn't what hurts, it is life. Their memories hurt, but that's all they are now, memories, thoughts, drams...
I never saw my home again, I never saw my friends again, never saw the sun rise the same way again, the birds never sung happily again, everything was gray, old, worn, dull... the more my uncle took me away, the quicker I realized I would have to grow up, fast. Something was drawing near, a war. A war. All that was left from my home my Flareon uncle and his shivering Eevee nice, began the cold trek to a never-ending battle...
(Will be continued).