Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Decision & Purpose ❯ Decision ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
Pure darkness... darkness to the north... darkness to the south... darkness to the west... darkness to the east...

Darkness... everywhere.

A complete lack of light... or is it?

No... the darkness was not from the lack of light... but from within.

Slowly, his eyes opened... he opened his eyes... he looked at the world... or rather, at this twisted vision.

Metal... wires... liquid... glass... machines...

Unnatural... the landscape was unnatural...

... what is wrong with unnatural? What is wrong with what is not old and ancient? What is wrong with technology?

This metal... he had assembled it. He assembled those machines. All of those computers... he made them up. His intelligence made all of this... he created many marvelous things...

He even brought beings into existence and tamed the terrible power within him using those machines!

... and yet... people call them unnatural, hatred in their voices.

People call HIM unnatural, hatred in their voices.

A shadow, a copy, a monster, an abomination, unworthy of respect, dignity, life.

Why? Why was his birth making him any less worthy than any being?

Twisted, corrupted, evil... people feared the power that flowed within his veins... a terrible, horrific power.

Shadows... darkness... negative, destructive energies...

People liked life, positive feelings, happiness...

... but they also liked ignorance, intolerance... and they feared what was not common, ordinary, contrary to the order of things.

People... are fools.

He tried to destroy them and their intolerant views, years ago... failure was his only result... failure in actions and mentally. Too painful... too... immoral. He would have became what people say he is if he had fulfilled his plans...

Then... there was her... beautiful... graceful... people called her natural and worshipped her.

Why does nobody worship HIM?!?

Because... he is not a part of this world...

... but he knows that it is not true. Just as Light is a part of this world... so is Darkness.

He is not a Legendary being! Just a monster! A puppet of his own power! He is an antithesis!

... Darkness... Legendary Pokemon?

A Legendary Pokemon of Darkness... can such a Pokemon exist? They say that Darkness is not a part of this world... and yet, a Legendary Pokemon of Death exists...

Unnatural! Evil! Abomination! Heresy!

Death hides under the name of Nature, people despising her. She hid her sorrow and put on a fake smile, hiding under a "natural" form. She cannot be herself, it would be "unnatural". People refuse to see her as she is. She is scary, people do not want to understand those who are different from the Light, from the Life.

Infinite sorrow... the being of perfect Light suffers. She cries, sobs, is torn apart from inside... and yet, they say that she never feel anything negative... that she is pure Light... that to have negative feelings would make her flawed.

Yet... she see the world suffering... her powers decrease... she does not know of compassion... and although they say that she cannot feel sorrow in itself... her heart still remain a void... and she feels her own kind of pain...

People ignore those facts.

Why was he born? What is his purpose? Why all this hatred toward him? He once hoped that the Legendary Pokemon would have the answer... but...

Monster! Abomination! Demon! Poison! Plague! Devil!

They found names each more vile than the last for him rather than answer his questions... they who despises him, he who brings about the Shadow Plague.

Shadows... within his veins, the negative feelings of all creatures flow... and under the effects of his powers, are refined into beautiful purple flames that burn with so much power and beauty...

Those flames were infused inside of creatures... but those creatures, rather than to embrace the gift, closed their hearts and hid, terrorized from the power, denying it, refusing to use it. They became soulless monsters...

Shadow Pokemon! Soulless spawns of the Devil!

No Shadow Pokemon ever accepted the gift. Even Shadow Lugia, the first Pokemon to be born in the embrace of Darkness, denied his origins and corrupted his own nature, becoming little more than a copy of the original Lugia... he lost his uniqueness, his quirks, his originality... all of his desires and dreams which he liked so much were traded for blind faith in Legendary Pokemon and in Pokemon trainers.

Pokemon trainers... hypocritical monsters who pose as the link between human and Pokemon.

Lies of the Legendary Pokemon... lies of selfish humans and heartless deities.

How is slavery the way to bring Pokemon and humans together? Why is he terrible for wishing for equality? He despises all this so much...

He has created Shadow Pokemon...

They turned away from him. They begged the Legendary Pokemon for purification, to have their souls freed. They never seeked to understand their power... their nature... they never understood and never wanted to.

Even his original creations, which he had hoped that they would remain free... as soon as a human came, they embraced their fate as soulless slaves. They were no longer clones, indeed... just soulless puppets like all of those stupid trained Pokemon.

Mew screams and cries... yet everyone continue to say that this cycle of hatred and intolerance is what makes her happy.

ARE THEY BLIND?!? ARE THEY DEAF?!? DIDN'T THEY LOOKED AT HER FOR EVEN A SECOND?!?

He cannot understand. He cannot grasp the glory of Light... for he is Darkness, the source of the Shadow Plague.

It was then that he understood...

For Mew to be good... a being of absolute darkness must exist.

Indeed... for people never to notice the void that tortured Mew, people must be busy despising a scapegoat labeled as the source of all problems and flaws.

He was born a scapegoat. He was born opposite to Light to serve as its enemy, as a way of confirming its eternal and perfect glory.

Lies, lies, only lies.

For years... he wondered what was his purpose... and he is horrified by his purpose.

He who always wished for destiny to be fulfilled... found it to be his worst foe.

He came to a decision.

No more! No more will he accept this fate!

Devil, monster, unnatural he may be! He does not care! He shall not be this world's scapegoat!

No longer shall Light's glory find its source into an endless, empty fight devoid of meaning and reasons against Darkness!

He decided to rebel against his destiny.

He is not a monster... he is the forbidden one... the one that should have never been born and yet, was...

The Legendary Pokemon of Darkness... he is the one who rules over Darkness.

... and he chose to rebel!

Indeed, he brings about destruction... the destruction of this vile, evil cycle of hatred and intolerance!

He rebel by becoming the Destroyer of all that is vile! He shall be a purifying Darkness, he shall eliminates this world's flaws and prepare the way for a purified Light!

No longer will the Darkness be twisted! No longer shall the Light be one of ignorance and hatred!

He decided to rebel by being Good.

He shall never, never give them the satisfaction of becoming the ultimate Evil! He will not be a magnet for hatred! No more!

The Darkness... a Light in the Darkness...

People say that Mew is perfect, never feeling anything negative...

He left the place he called home to find her, alone, all alone, people chanting the glory of a being that had her name but was not her... an imaginary being. Nobody cared for her... nobody noticed her void, all of them too busy to despise him and to chant her eternal glory.

As he wrapped his arms around her, he denied this fact... for he preferred a being with compassion and love for this world to a perfectly pure, heartless being...

Slowly, Mew stopped sobbing and stared into his eyes... and confusion filled her eyes. His soul touched hers... and she closed her eyes, reading his thoughts and learning of his intentions...

She had been alone for such a long time... suffering, alone as people misused her powers... as a vile cycle of despair was maintained in her name...

There will always be positive and negative feelings... for both makes up the world... but must the two forces be in opposition? Is the battle between Light and Darkness really necessary?

Is Darkness truly Evil? No... this cycle of pain and slavery is! There is no evil within raw destruction... for death is needed for new life to appear... for without fear, one cannot fear for the safety of loved ones...

Light and Darkness complete each others... why cannot this be a fact?

They are the two ruling forces of this world... and as such, why would they be forced to obey laws created by those who benefit from this vile cycle?

The time for intolerance and fear has passed... a new era shall begin.

Unnatural, horrible, twisted, corrupted they called him... yet, she knew otherwise. Her, who was not blinded by hatred, saw him as he truly was... and Light found beauty in the Darkness... He was her antithesis... and in those eyes of his, a deep, sincere desire lies... and he found this same desire within her...

Love... she cannot feel it, her heart drained of all of its darkness...

Love... he cannot feel it, his heart drained of all of its light...

As the two exchanged memories... the two learnt of the word's meaning... and decided to oppose the cycle of suffering.

Can this truly work? Can opposites truly complete each others? The two chose to believe...

He does not have any love for her, for he has no light... and yet, she gave him memories...

She does not have any love for him, for she has no darkness... and yet, he gave her memories...

They both know... they both remember... but those are mere memories... this love is nothing but an illusion for they cannot feel love and yet... they chose to oppose this fact. They chose to believe in this love and to feel it.

On this day, all of the Legendary Pokemon, humans, and Pokemon screamed in hatred and intolerance as the two raw forces of their world stood in defiance. The ones who had been drawing power out of the hatred sweared under their breath.

The two opposites, lovers? Impossible! Blasphemy! Heresy!

Yet... they denied the impossible and broke the barrier of fate.

It didn't mattered if the love was not real... for as long as they believed that it would be real... then it would be real.

As the new generations looked up to Mew's and Mewtwo's decision... they begun to wonder... If the raw elements themselves can coexist... then why should those who stand in those elements continue to suffer?

Taking down a cycle that has been going strong for millions of years will be hard... but already...

... the world had begun to move...

=THE END=