Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Escaped ❯ Giovanni's POV ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Giovanni's point of view. Chapter 2

I was woken up at midnight to the sound of sirens. It's the first time in awhile that they've ever gone off. My first impression was that some prisoner escaped from their cell and that they're running around the building like a headless chicken. So I told my Persian to calm down and I settled back to sleep. The sirens didn't stop and through that and the thunder I could still hear the marching footsteps of all the Psy-children. They were moving towards the main hall of the building where important announcements were made. I still didn't think much of it. They do that all the time. I sat up when I realized something. They send all the children to the main hall all at once to do head counts. I got up and got dressed immediately. I had the worst feeling that I knew whom it is who attempted to escape. Or worse succeeded. There's a knock at my door and I answered it. It's a young rocket volunteer, his tag said his name is Davis.

"Yes?" I asked gruffly.

"Sir? You're needed at the main hall sir."

"I kinda already got that Davis. Does anybody know what it's about."

"A head count of the Psy-Children sir."

"Why of them?"

"Some one escaped by bending the bars and jumping out the Mess Hall window. We haven't found a body sir." I'm shocked. Only a well-trained soldier could pull that off. My past theory is crushed.

"Tell whoever sent you I'll be right down."

"Aye Sir." I closed the door and finished buttoning my shirt. I'm really was not in the mood for looking fancy so I just threw a vest on and rolled up the sleeves to my white shirt. I barely had time to tie my shoes because I was running down the hall a moment later. When I got to the lower floor I saw all of the children filing into the main hall. They're lined up by age rank. I passed the 18th generation, then the 19th then the 20th. These kids look shocked at something. They're not to good at hiding their emotions. 21st 22sd 23rd…Finally I see three sets of nurses holding a baby each. I don't know why I kept on insisting that the infants be placed in the head count. Protocol I guess. Next is the staff. All of the disciplinarians are still buttoning up their coats and putting their helmets on. I joined them in the main hall. Most of the children were lined up the way their supposed to be but some are still looking for their spots. The nurses are at the side. The smaller ones the 24th generation were squirming with fear and were silently crying to themselves. One of the disciplinarians screamed at them to stop. They didn't so he cracked a ruler inches from their feet. They stopped.

They were now all in line and the head counts could begin. How it worked was a staff member would run up to a generation and ask for their barcodes in order. If they weren't in order then they were punished and if one were missing then we would know exactly who it was. The 27th generation was an exemption because we had only found 7 children to be in that group. I walked up in front of them and waited for all of the staff to come back. When they did they formed a line in back of me.

"You've all been called to a head count because one of your own has deserted you." I waited and one man came up to me and handed me his paper. He looked a bit apprehensive. I wondered why until I saw the paper. Damn.

20thgeneration.

#247 MIA

I crumpled up the piece of paper and handed it back to him. He was back in line a second later. Of all of them to escape it had to be her? The one who was the most important to me. My youngest daughter decided to escape. I had great plans for her. The other two had psychic abilities like her but they weren't as strong. As for my son? I don't know much about the boy except he was named Ashton Lee, was my second wife's child, and had absolutely no abnormal abilities. For all I know he could have moved out of Pallet town with his mother a long time ago. I had it planned for her to take over this organization when I left. Like my mother Madame Boss did for me. No one can say that I was never there for her either. When the 20th generation were all infants I visited her everyday for at least two hours. After they started their training I still visited them just not as much. The last time I saw her was just a few days ago.

<><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><>< ;><><><><><><><><><&g t;<><><><><><><><><>& lt;>

All of the 20th generation was in the gymnasium practicing self-defense and sparring. None of them but 247 noticed Giovanni walk in. Even then it was just a quick glance. Afterwards she didn't give another thought to him, her father. Instead she kept on kicking. When the kicking drills were done they all formed a circle and had a series of sparring matches. First up was the eldest, 999 versus another boy 959. 999 won the match and 959 was smacked hard across the face for losing. This happened 10 more times before a young man, 299 and Giovanni's daughter went up. They circled each other a few times then the kicking started. 299 only managed to land one kick on the girl because she was moving too much.

"247, this is a sparring match not a dance! KICK HIM!" 247 shot a look at the disciplinarian before wailing 299. She landed four kicks then swept him and had her knee on his solar plexus. 299 taped her leg and forfeited the match. She got up and helped him up. Then shot a look at the man who yelled at her. The man was now standing next to Giovanni. He leaned over and whispered in his ear.

"She's got your attitude sir." Giovanni smiled and stepped up. 299 was being yelled at and slapped for being beaten by a girl. 247 watched with disgust for a moment before returning to her place in line.

"Wait 247," Giovanni called out. She stopped and looked up at him. She was much smaller than his other two daughters he remembered him thinking.

"Your very good soldier, you mind if I go up against you?" That must have seemed funny to the staff in the room. A 13 year old girl versus a grown man who was at least 14 inches taller than her. 247 just stared at him then the disciplinarian, then over to her friends.

"Sir no sir." They were the first words that had been directed to him in months. Giovanni took off his coat and vest rolled up his sleeves and shed his expensive shoes and socks and got into the ring where 247 was standing. They bowed and shook hands. His nearly covered hers completely. Then they got into fighting stances and began.

All Giovanni had to do was kick. He didn't have to try to throw one towards her head. But they never landed. 247 always dodged. Her problem was that she never countered but played with her opponents. He could see the light of amusement in her eyes as she darted back and forth. 'This is how she fights' he thought to himself. 'She pushes their buttons.'

"247 KICK HIM!!! Don't be scared just because he's the boss. KICK HIM!!!" The disciplinarian screamed at the top of his lungs. 247 gave a nasty look to the man before concentrating on kicking her father. She threw 10 kicks at top speed and power at him but only 3 landed. Giovanni kicked her feet off the padded floor and she fell. But before she could be pinned she rolled out of the way. The kicking and punching started up again and 15 seconds later it was Giovanni who was on the floor. Being quick she tried her best to pin him by straddling his chest and holding his arms down. Giovanni knew that he could have easily gotten out of this hold. All he had to do was take in a deep breath and her knees would leave the ground. But instead he tapped out anyway. A look of confusion replaced the one of desperation and exhaustion as 247 got up. Her father stood up shook her hand went back to the area where his clothes were. For the rest of the two-hour block he watched as they went over more drills and sparred even more. He watched 247 even more, who shot more looks towards him that were filled with confusion for his forfeiting. When the class was over he waited as they lined up and marched in two straight even lines to the showers, then to the Mess Hall. 247 shot one last look at her father whom she didn't even know was so…

<><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><>< ;><><><><><><><><><&g t;<><><><><><><><><>& lt;>

I growled low in my throat at the memory. Anger was swelling in me and it took me awhile to catch my breath.

"20th generation march up." Nothing. "20th generation I said march up!" This time they came. I heard 999 make the call. I could see their heads turn and march out of their designated spot. Everything about them was as soldierly as it was supposed to be except for their eyes. They looked terrified at what was to come. I looked at the end of the second row. Sure enough there was a head missing. Right were my daughter was supposed to be. Again I had to hold back my anger. They stopped just feet in front of me and waited. I pitied them. They looked like scolded dogs. A long moment passed before I spoke up again.

"All Psy-Ops soldiers report to your barracks for Lock down. As for the 20th generation… report to solitary confinement immediately." I didn't see them leave. I just grabbed the nearest disciplinarian and held him by the collar.

"Don't take it out on them… Understand?"

"S-Sir yes sir!" I didn't even see the man walk off because I just stormed back up to my room. When I got there I went straight to my computer and pulled all of 247's information up. I printed about 100 copies. I buzzed my second in command, Admiral Rouen. A few minutes later I heard a knock at the door.

"You buzzed sir?" He asked.

"Yes…" I handed him the papers. "Hand this to everyone above the rank of Sergeant 1st class."

"Yes sir, right away." I was going to close the door when he spoke up.

"Sir? Are you alright sir?" He asked worriedly. I sighed deep.

"Had it been any other child in that generation I wouldn't give a damn." Rouen nodded.

"Sir? If I may add… If it were any other child in that generation they wouldn't have the nerve or the abilities to pull it off like she did. Would you like to hear the status report sir?" I nodded.

"247 apparently has been planning this sir. She escaped through the Mess Hall window. From our current investigation the Mess Hall is the weakest area for security. How it has passed under our noses is another investigation in itself. Any way, she used her telepathy to bend the bars of the window to a diameter of 10 feet and then jumped through. The alarms didn't go off for 25 seconds and she was probably well on her way to the canopy by then."

"Do you have a trail?"

"No sir. It's impossible to use the Growlithes. The rain washed her scent away and the thunder and lightning only frightened them." I didn't say anything.

"What about the chip implant in her arm?" Rouen fidgeted.

"Uh sir?" His voice and hand shook as he handed me a blood stained rag. Inside of it was her implant chip.

"We found it in their shower room sir. Right in the stall that she used. We also found what looked like a pin sir." I forced a laugh from my throat. I turned and faced the rain outside my window

"Can I be surprised? She is my daughter. The youngest but the brightest of them all." I turned back to Rouen.

"Your opinion Admiral. How far do you think she is?"

"My opinion sir? She's been out of the canopy for awhile, and is probably on her way to either Pewter or Viridian City."

"That's a very logical assumption."

"Thank you sir."

" Your dismissed." I said in a quiet voice. Rouen left without a word.

Without a word I changed back into my nightclothes and fell back into bed. I barely remembered to turn the lights off.