Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Forever After ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




Forever After



Forever After


"Where is cindersoot? It's been nearly all day! She should've been back from the market by now!" Lily complained. They were in the den, embroiding. Malena was teaching them better stitches and technique.

Why should it matter!? So she doesn't slave over us, big deal! Get over it, you dumb wench. Daisy thought to her sister. Lily'd been complaining all day about where Misty was. It was getting old, especially with Lily's annoying whining. But, it was odd that none of them had even seen the red head that day. She could've run away, but she has no place to go. She's a servant-where would she stay, with the king and queen?! Ha!

"Well, when she gets home, she'll get a good beating." Malena replied, sitting on a chair next to the fireplace, hunched over her stitching.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

"Oh no, it's getting late!" Misty said, getting up from her seat next to Ash. They were invited, by the gypsies, to visit with them and dance. Of coarse, no gypsy celebrating would do without some wine and alcohol. Misty hadn't had any, and she didn't plan on it. Pikachu was off with the other Pokemon, dancing Pokemon style. Ash and Misty were leaning on a log, together, next to the giant campfire. The other gypsies were dancing and singing. Duplica was in her wagon, she'd gone in there a while back with Todd, a fellow gypsy. She'd explained to them about how she dressed as a guy so nobody outside of the gypsy clan would know who she was. Then, she could go into crowds of people and no one would notice her. She'd also shown them her wagon, which was full of outfits. She told them she collected clothes, and you could tell, too.

Although Misty was sober, Ash had had quite a few drinks, and these gypsy's' drinks were strong, very strong. "Aww, Rose, come here." He pulled on her sleeve and made her sit back next to him.

"But, the sun is down, and I need to get home! Mal- er, I mean Nicole will worry!" She started getting up again, but Ash tugged on the bottom of her dress, making her turn around and face him.

"Come on, she'll understand. Come here." He padded on his lap and directed her to sit on it.

"I'm going to get such a whipping for being gone a day…" She muttered under her breath. Now, Ash wasn't fully drunk, but was a bit tipsy. "What is it, Ash?" she asked when she was sitting on his lap. She turned her upper body to face him, but kept her lower torso sitting at a ninety-degree angle to him.

"Come closer." She leaned in closer, her face centimeters from his.

"Yes?" She asked again, quietly.

He quickly moved his face forward, pressing his lips against hers. She was shocked, but loved it. She moved closer to him, and wrapped her arms around him. Her legs slid around his waist, and hooked together at the foot. They stayed exploring eachother's lips till the spell was broken by the applause of the many other gypsies watching them.

They broke off, Misty turning around to see what was causing such a riot. She blushed, noticing it was her and the prince. She slid off him and sat next to him. He was blushing a bit, but was too tipsy to really understand what was happening. The crowd stopped watching the young couple and went back to dancing. Todd and Duplica came out of the wagon a couple minutes later. Duplica's hair was disheveled, and Todd's shirt was hastily buttoned. They'd come out, wanting to know what had caused the music and singing to stop and turn into applauding and shouting.

Duplica and Todd'd thought it was them, but when they came out and saw Misty with a faint blush, they both figured it was the other young couple.

Misty took notice of the leader of the gypsies and her 'friend' as they exited the bandwagon. They'd been gone a while, about an hour. They walked up to her when they'd both exited. She could see they both had some sweat on their brows. "What happened?" Duplica asked as she walked up to the red head.

"Oh, nothing." Misty responded.

"Yeah, sure. Nothing got the whole group to stop their festivities to all cheer and clap at nothing." Duplica replied. Misty blushed again, but it faded quickly.

"Well, I could ask what happened to you two, but I'm not really wanting to know the truth." She said with a smirk. The two gypsies blushed and looked away shyly. "Yeah, that's what I thought." Misty smirked. "Now, is there any way I can go home? My friend will be wondering where I am, and she won't be happy if I get home late…"

"Well, you could leave…we don't really want you to, but you could. Wouldn't your friend understand that you were having too much fun at a gypsy party?" Todd asked, stepping in front of Duplica.

"Not really….but I must go. It is of the up-most importance that I get home before midnight." She said, standing up.

"Well, it's ten now, so you have a few hours." Duplica replied, looking at her watch, which had been placed in her pocket.

"I need to go. I'm sorry. The prince needs to get back to the castle so the king won't get angry, and I need to get to sleep." Misty said. "Now, can I have my horse?"

Duplica laughed. "Yes, yes, we'll give you a horse, to borrow. I'll send Todd with you who'll ride on the third, and bring all three back when you're safely home." Duplica said, looking back at Todd. "You'll do it, won't you?"

"Sure." He replied with a smile.

"Good. Go get the horses, and Rose, here, can get the prince's Pikachu." When Duplica said that, Todd rushed off to get the horses, and Misty went over to the Pokemon's dancing ground.

"Pikachu! We're leaving!" She shouted. The little yellow mouse scurried over, and jumped into Misty's arms.

"Come on, let's go." She walked back over to Ash with Pikachu in her arms. She helped Ash stand up, and let him lean on her as they walked to the horse Todd had gotten. Todd and Misty helped Ash onto a horse, which Misty hopped on the same horse, to help keep Ash on. Todd shrugged and put the third horse back onto the pole the horses and transports were connected to. Pikachu rode on Misty's shoulder, and she rode behind Ash, holding the reigns with her arms wrapped around him. They rode off, towards Cerulean. Most of the ride was in silence, but Misty couldn't stand it. They were almost out of the woods, now, and she really wanted to know what was going on with Todd and Duplica. "Hey, are you and Duplica a couple?" She asked, surprising the brunet.

"W-well, yeah. We're going to get married soon, once we find someone to marry us. The caravan was on their way to Viridian, where it's been said that we could get hitched for a small fee, instead of a huge price. Not many people like to marry gypsies, mind ya! So, we're goin to Viridian."

"Oh."

"So, how'd you and the prince meet? I didn't think he normally associated with servants." He said quietly. Ash had fallen asleep, but the subconscious mind takes in its surroundings and conversations without knowing it. Pikachu, though, was going unnoticed.

"Well, for your information, I'm not really a servant, ok?! It's confusing, but I'm not a servant. I just serve my stepmother and stepsisters. That's all…but I met Ash in town. I was dressing as my true self, a Lady, to save one of my friends. Wait, how'd you figure I was a servant?!"

"Well, I've seen ya around, in servant's clothes, working on some land. We gypsies like Cerulean, so we camp out a lot around it. We have plenty of time, especially if we're dropping off the prince first, so, tell me!"

"Tell you what?"

"How you're really a Lady, but you work as a servant! Of coarse!"

"I don't like to wallow in pity, it's not important!" She said, looking straight ahead.

"Well, sorry, I'm just curious!" He replied, and then turned his gaze straight ahead. "You don't need to snap at me." He said softer.

Misty heard. "Listen, it's nothing really important. My father died a long time ago, and his new wife took over. She hates me, so she makes me work as a servant. I don't know what I did to make her hate me. When she first came to the manor when I was little, I was so happy. I really wanted a mother, mine had died when I was very little. And here my new one came, and she showed practically no affection for me. It hurt, but I didn't care, really. My father was there, so I was fine. He died when he was leaving for another trip." A few tears came down her face and flew out behind her.

"She then worked me to the bone. Her eldest daughter living with us was the only thing she cared about. Her other daughter she could care less about. She's an evil person, I just wish I knew why. I mean, I was so nice to her, and I loved her. She smiled when we first met, but it wasn't a real smile. It was more of a forced smile, but I didn't care then! I had a mother! It didn't matter! And, if I had told father then that I didn't like her, he would've sent her back to the city he took her and her children from. But I didn't! I told him that I loved her, and that she was great. And now, I'm in this predicament." She turned and looked at Todd.

"Now I made a new identity for myself. I lied to the prince, saying I was Rose Williams. That was my mother, not me. My friend and his mother are helping me. They're giving me dresses and a place to say I'm visiting. But, I can't continue doing this! I know I'm not allowed to marry him! He's engaged to the princess of the Orange Islands! And, he kissed me tonight. I don't have a clue as to what to do. I love him, so, so much. But, there's no possible way I'll ever have him." She said sadly. A few tears came out, from her, Todd, and Pikachu.

"That's an amazing story." Todd finally said, breaking the silence between them. They were nearing the gates to the castle. "You really should tell him." Indicating the prince.

Misty snorted. "Yeah, and get beheaded for lying to the prince, pretending to be of higher status, going out with the prince when I'm a servant, and disappearing from my work?! It's probably best if I forget about him. Maybe I should run away and live in seclusion. Malena couldn't find me, and Ash wouldn't get hurt…"

"From what I see, you're meant to be a Lady, so you're not raising above your status by dressing and acting as one. For the lying to the prince, well, he'll forgive you if he loves you." They reached the palace, and Brock was out there, waiting. He was standing with a few other guards, obviously wanting to know what had taken so long. They rode up to him, and Misty took her Rapidash up to Brock and made it bend down.

"Sorry it took so long…" Misty started. Brock had picked up the sleeping Ash.

"Where were you?!" He demanded.

"The prince can explain it in the morning. The gypsies were kind enough to let us stay with them, but I made us leave. Ash was getting a bit drunk, and I figured it was time for us to get back. I'm sorry. Now, it's time for me to get home. Bye!" The duo turned around and left the palace. Pikachu had stayed on Misty, wanting to find out more. Brock went into the castle and took Ash up to his room.

"Now, where were we?" Todd asked Misty.

"It doesn't matter." Misty said, tired.

"Well, do you love him?" Todd prodded.

"Of coarse I do! I mean, I care so much for him-and it's not because of his status. My stepmother and her daughter are trying to get him to fall in love with Lily, but all Malena wants is to be the mother of the queen! It's horrible, the way they make this a game." Misty sighed. "I don't want him to fall for Lily. She's horrible. All she wants is the money and respect. I just want him. But I won't have him. They won't allow it! Both Malena and your royal majesties. And it hurts, knowing you'll never have the one you love." Tears started making their way down her face, and she quickly wiped them off.

"We'll help you." Todd said, which confused her.

"What do you mean?"

"The gypsies! We'll help you. If you ever need us, just send for us. Ask around, we have lots of people that travel through here that'll get the message to us. Just ask from Duplica and Todd. Ok?"

"Sure." She said with a smile. She looked ahead. "Well, that's me, but I should get off here. If the Baroness is up, and sees me, I'm dead." She hopped off, as did Pikachu. "Thank you, Todd. You're a very kind person. And, if I ever need your help, I'll call." She waved good-bye to him, and started down the road to the manor.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~~!~!~!~!

A/N, ok, short chapter, but It's 11:30, I'm really tired, and I need to go to bed. Don't flame me about Misty being out of character. She'd had all these emotions bottled up, and they're starting to leak out. Oh, and don't flame because of Todd and Duplica. Yes, they were doing what you thought, but I just don't want to say it! K?
Ok, just…need…to log…..onto…the Internet…..and….click…sen-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzz