Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Forever After ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




Forever After



Forever After

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Misty woke up the next day to Eevee licking her. "Ok, ok! I'm up! I'm up!" She whinned. She sat up and Eevee slid down to her lap. She started petting her, and she purred. "Ok, let's go…" She got up and Eevee stayed in her arms.

"Ok, down you go." She bent down and sat Eevee down on the ground. It whinned from getting out of her grasp, and she laughed. "It's ok, c'mon! Let's go see the other Pokemon!"

They skipped out of Misty's room and went down to the lake. Misty whistled for her Pokemon, and they appeared. Right as they hopped out, Tracey came riding over on a Ponyta. "Misty! Misty! Come over here! Misty!" She heard the call and turned around. Tracey galloped over and stopped when he was infront of her. "Hop on!" He ordered. He extened a hand, and she took it. He pulled her up, and she jumped, landing behind him.

"What is it?" She asked as they took off. Eevee tried her best at following, but she was slowly losing her ground.

"The prince! He showed up just a little bit ago! He's asking for you!" He yelled over the Ponyta's hooves. Misty nodded and turned her head around.

"Eevee! Tell Joyce I'm going with Tracey! I'll be gone for a while! Tell her to make up an excuse!" Misty shouted to her Pokemon. Eevee nodded, and ran back to the manor.

"When we get to my house, run in through the back. Mom's waiting for you with one of your dresses-she'll quickly do your hair. The prince is waiting for you outside." Tracey yelled again. Misty nodded, and they pulled up to the small manor. Misty hopped off before the horse even stopped. She dashed into the back door, where Natalie was waiting. She handed the dress to Misty and ushered her behind a changing wall. Misty changed very quickly, and went back out. Natalie did the girl's hair while she finished lacing up her dress.

"Go!" Natalie said, pushing Misty out of the house. Misty blushed as she walked up to the prince. He was standing next to a carriage. Ash stood straight and went up to greet Misty when he saw her.

"Greetings M'lady." He said, taking her hand and kissing it, making Misty blush more.

"Y-y-es, and good morning to you, too." She stuttered, watching him as he stood. "What brings you here so early in the morning?"

"Why, it's eight o'clock! And, I wanted to take you on a trip to my castle in Indigo. It's a two hour trip, and I wanted to spend as much time as possible with you there." He said, making her love him even more for being so sweet.

"I-I'd love to." She stuttered.

Ash smiled. "Great! C'mon!" He pulled her into the carriage and they started off. Misty couldn't think of anything to say, seeing as she was to embarrassed to say anything. "What took you so long?"

"W-well…I wasn't up, and they had to wake me. I'm a deep sleeper. Did you wait long?"

"Huh? Oh, no. Only about ten minutes. But, I don't mind, especially for you." He said, making Misty have a faint blush.
"Well, thank you, for waiting and all. I can't wait to get to the castle!" With that, she settled into Ash's chest.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

"Rose, Rose, wake up, we're at Indigo…" A voice called, waking Misty from her dream. It wasn't even her real name! It was her mother's. But, it woke her anyway. It wasn't the name so much as the voice. It was so calm and soothing…She stirred and sat up.

"Huh?" She asked while yawning. "Oh…" She turned around and faced him. He was getting out of the luxury carriage. He helped her out once he stepped down. "Thank you." She murmured as she stepped down, her hand grasping Ash's.

"C'mon! Mother and Father are still at Cerulean. We're coming back here in a couple months, but mother loves the Cerulean palace in the summer. The Pokemon are all over, but most are in the gardens. Mine are mostly on the Pokemon Land we have behind the castle. It's fenced in, so people know that it's our land." He started talking as they made their way to the back of the castle. Pikachu, who had ridden on the top of the carriage with Brock on the way over, was following a few yards back, with Ash's personal guard.

A few passing guards looked at the couple walking with skeptical glances. The woman walking with the prince was one lucky girl, and the prince was special to have such a beautiful woman with him. They continued to walk through the castle in silence, but they didn't mind. They made their way through the small maze, to the reserve. They stopped at the top of a hill, and Misty gasped. There were acres and acres of land-lakes, woods, and fields. And Pokemon were roaming free- playing with each other, eating, and napping. They looked so free and happy….

"It's beautiful…" She sighed. Ash smiled-he knew she'd love it.

"C'mon, you should meet them." He pulled her down the hill, towards the large lake. They got to the edge, and a Dewgong popped up. "Hey, Rose, meet Dewy. Dewy, meet Misty."

"Dew, dew gongggggggg." It roared, greeting Misty.

"It's so great to see a Dewgong. They're one of my favorite Pokemon, next to Suicine and Tentecruel." She said with a huge smile.

"You want to see a Tentecruel?" Ash asked.

"Oh, I'd die if I did. They were always my favorite. They're so beautiful!"

"Well, I don't see how they're beautiful, but they're great at battling. Hey, Truel! Come on out!" He yelled at the water. A couple seconds later, a Tentecruel surfaced. "Rose, this is Truel, my Tentecruel. He's really nice, come here, boy." Ash coaxed. The Tentecruel swam over to the couple. Misty started petting it, and he rubbed up against her hand.

"You've trained it well. I can tell it loves it here-it's jewel is shinning brightly." Misty commented.

"Yeah, this place is great. I catch a Pokemon, then release it here. They love it here, and they get fed everyday by the guards. And in the winter, the Pokemon go inside, in the lower parts of the castle."

"This is so amazing-you really love Pokemon, don't you?" Misty asked him, she had stopped petting Tentecruel and was looking directly at Ash.

He blushed. "Yeah, I do-a lot." He said, gazing into her eyes. Almost as much as I love you….

Misty broke the trance and looked out among the reserve. There was a herd of Tauros running and a Pidgeot nestling into a nest. "This place is just so…. I dunno, breath taking. It's amazing to see Pokemon practically running free, yet they're tame…. It's magic, really…." She didn't know how to describe the feeling she had at the moment.

They sat on the grass, watching the Pokemon pass, for a while. Misty was in awe, while Ash was watching her reaction to everything. Her blue eyes were sparkling, and she smiled so…. Perfectly. He caught himself, a couple times, staring at her. I know I know her from somewhere! I met her somewhere, I just don't remember where! It's like it was years ago, but I just don't know!!!

Misty also caught him staring at her. She liked the attention. No, scratch that- she loved the attention. She leaned her head on his shoulder, which he responded by wrapping his arm around her waist and bringing her closer. She was screaming inside. He put his arm around you waist!!!!!! He likes you!!!!!!

Well, duh! How could ya tell? The other part asked sarcastically. He only followed you after he helped you save Quincy just to get your name, brought you here, is staring at you, HELLO?!?!?! You there?! He must like you!

She shook her head to rid herself of the thoughts. Ash raised his head and looked at her. "Everything all right?"

"Oh, yeah. Just thinking." She rested her head back on his shoulder.

"About what?"

"Well…the beauty of this place…the Pokemon…and…well, er…you."

"I've been thinking about you, too." He replied. She snuggled in closer to him. "Are you getting hungry? We should go get some lunch, it's getting late." His stomach growled, agreeing with him. "Hehehe."

"Sure." She said. They both got up and started for the castle. Brock and Pikachu had headed back a while ago, wanting food. They'd had the cooks make up sandwiches for the couple down in the field, so it wouldn't get cold.
They started up to the castle, Misty followed Ash to the dinning room. He pulled out a chair for her, and she sat in it.

He then sat across from her and whistled. "Hey, Brock! Pikachu!" His 2 friends appeared in the doorway. "Hey, can you get the servants to get me and Rose some lunch?" They nodded and ran off.

"W-we should head back after we eat- Natalie will want me to come back soon. She'll worry if I stay out to long. She's like a second mother to me…"

"Ok, we'll leave after lunch." <Ok, it's about 2 in the afternoon, so it's between lunch and dinner>

A few servants arrived with the sandwiches and some fruit a couple minutes later, and they ate in silence.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

"Wha?!" Ash fell off of the comfortable seat in the carriage and landed on the ground. Misty, who was next to him, landed on top of him. Ash scurried up and looked out the window. "What happened?!" He yelled to Brock, who was driving the carriage (The previous driver stayed at the castle.).

"A lone Stantler came out of the woods and ran into the carriage. He staggered off, but the wheel's broken now…" Brock pointed to the wheel in the back, next to Ash's door.

Ash sighed. "Well, can we use some Pokemon to change it? It's getting late, and Rose needs to get home." He opened the door and stepped out. He didn't even look at her as he held his hand out to help her out. She took it and stepped out. Ash was looking at Brock the whole time, who was in deep thought.

"Well, Onix and Geodude could change it, but I left them back with Professor Oak, he wanted to research them. And your Pokemon, excluding Pikachu, are either at the castle or at the palace. And I don't think Rose brought her Pokemon, did you?"

"N-no. They're at home." She said, looking at the guard. Brock nodded and went back into thoughts. "But, it's not that far, is it? We could walk, and you could fix it. When you fix it, you can take it back to the palace. Ash and I and Pikachu can walk."

"It isn't that far, we just passed Viridian…I'd say we're about twenty miles away. But, that's the path through Pewter and Mount Moon. You could take the woods, which would be about ten miles. I'm not sure, though." Brock said, and Misty smiled.

"Let's walk! It'll be good for us, all the exercise!" She said enthusiastically.

Ash looked into her eyes and melted. "Ok. Brock, when you've fixed it, go back to the palace. I'll walk with Rose and Pikachu. C'mon, buddy!" Pikachu jumped down from it's spot on the top of the carriage and onto Ash's shoulder.

"Ok, I think I'll walk back to Viridian and get some help." He hopped down, whispered something in the Rapidashs' ears, and walked down the road.

"Well, let's go!" Misty said, starting off through the woods. Ash followed, with Pikachu on his shoulder.

They walked through Viridian Forest, not knowing where to go. It wasn't long till they were lost…

"Well, my prince, do you have any idea where we are?" Misty asked, really aggravated, but not letting it show.

"He he he, well, no, but when Viridian Forest ends, we'll be in the hills behind Celadon, right?" Misty nodded. "And then we pass them, and we're in Cerulean. Right?"

"Yeah."

"Well, let's go!" Ash ran off. Misty bent down and picked up the edge of her gown, and ran off after him. She easily passed him. They ran till they got to a river. "How do we pass it?" Ash asked.

Misty looked stupidly at him. "We swim…" She said knowingly. Ash sighed, and she then sighed. "What, don't want to mess up your royal clothes?" He nodded, and she sighed again. "Ok, how about we walk upstream and see if can find a boat or bridge or something…."

"Ok!" Ash started upstream, and Misty walked next to him. They walked for a bit, till the river narrowed and a tree had been cut down to act as a bridge.

"This'll work! That way, you don't get wet. Come on!" She started out on it, and got across easily. Ash looked at her after she'd crossed, dumbfoundily.

"I-I d-d-dunno…" He said, looking at the bridge.

"Come on, it's really easy!" Misty encouraged. He shakily stepped onto the tree trunk and shuffled forward. Pikachu hopped down and walk across on it's own. A few minutes later, Ash made it all the way across. "There, now. That wasn't so hard, was it?" She asked, slapping him on the shoulder. He laughed nervously.

"Y-yeah, t-that w-wasn't so h-hard." He stuttered.

"Oh, c-mon you big baby!" She walked off into the woods. Ash followed, embarrassed.

They walked along, till they saw some hills. They hiked up the hills. Misty ran up it, and looked down at her surroundings. "Ugh, this is far, I can't even see Celadon!" She whined. Misty sat down on the grass and put her hand in her hands. Ash went up next to her and took her shoulders, making her look at him.

"Don't worry! We'll find it, ok?" He helped her up, and they started down the hill. They walked more, till they were lost in the foliage again.

"Great. Listen, I'm going to climb up that tree, and try and figure out where we are, k?" Misty said, starting to take off her outer clothing.

"What are you doing?!" Ash asked, seeing her take off her clothes.

"Well, I can't very well climb a tree in a fancy dress!? It could get ripped, or caught on a branch. It's much easier to climb in my undergarments." She took her bundle of gold and burgundy and tossed it to Ash. Ash easily caught it.

She was now standing in her white undergown. "Besides, I know you're a complete and utter gentleman" She said with a smile. She took a sash from the gown and wrapped her dress so it looked like pants. She started up the tree, Ash averting his gaze to the little yellow mouse next to him.

"Hey, how do you know it's easier to climb in your under dress?" Ash asked, looking at the ground in front of him, a faint blush on his cheeks.

"Well, a girl has to have some fun, doesn't she? Well, I like climbing trees. The view is always amazing at the top."

She had made it to the top. "Like now." She said, taking in the view. She looked around, and strained her eyes to see everything. "Ok, let's see…that's Mount Moon, I know that. So, Cerulean should be…over there!" She said, pointing to the area to the right of Mount Moon. "There it is!" She yelled. "Ok, I'm coming down now!" Ash stopped admiring her. The fading sun hit her face, making her look like an angel. He averted his gaze again as she started down.

When Misty was half-way down, a snap of twigs made Ash look up from the ground and into the face of a gypsy.

The same gypsy as before. Ash thought. Great. "H-hey, Rose? Stay up there, it's not safe down here." He yelled up to her, looking the gypsy in the eyes the whole time.

"Give me the dress." The gypsy ordered with a hoarse voice. Ash dropped the dress and the gypsy picked it up. He walked over to his band and laughed. "Told ya it would be easy!" He said, laughing with his friends.

"You will give me back my dress." Misty demanded, dropping the five or six feet left on her feet. She walked over to the guy and stretched out her hand.

"I'm sorry, miss, but this is now mine. I suggest you leave, now, before it gets ugly. I have a score to settle with your friend here. Leave, now."

"No! I demand you give me back my dress! And, since you want to deprive me of my companion, I demand a horse." She said sternly, standing tall. The gypsy just laughed.

"I'll let you have whatever you can carry." He said, regaining his composure.

"Fine by me." She walked over to the gypsy and took her dress. She quickly slipped into it and walked over to the prince. "Get on my back." She murmured, squatting in front of him.

"But I'm too heavy. Go ahead without me, I'll be fine."

"Get. On. Now." She said through gritted teeth. He obeyed, and got on her, piggy-back style. Pikachu hopped onto her head. She turned around and look at the head gypsy. "Good day." She said, happily, and bowing her head. She turned to leave. All the gypsies laughed.

"No, wait. Come back. I'll give you a horse!" He said while laughing. "We won't hurt you." He said, still laughing.

Misty obeyed, and put the prince down. She walked over to the head gypsy. "Welcome. I'm Duplica." The gypsy said, taking off the hat and baggy overcoat. Her teal hair was pulled into a ponytail and tucked under her hat and coat. Duplica was dressed as a man, which confused the 3 travelers.

"Why are you dressed as a man?" Ash asked, walking up next to Misty.

"I'll explain, follow us. We'll let you stay the night, courtesy of the gypsy." Duplica led them off, walking, while the other gypsies took back to their wagons. They walked, the band following, and talked.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N-Ok, how is it? It's a LOT like the movie, but I'm trying hard! The movie is just so good, I'm afraid to change it, fear of making it worse by taking something great and making it bad. Well, please Read and Review. I need lots of reviews to write more….and now I've got a chapter done to my Card Captor Sakura and my Forever After stories, like I promised I'd get done over spring break ^_^. Well, I'm going to go work on either my Zelda, Star Wars, CCS, or other Pokemon one (Not the Meeting of Liz, I'm leaving that story. It sucks.). I'm working on another Pokemon one, but I'm not posting it till I'm done….
Ja ne! PLEASE R&R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!