Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Incomplete Souls ❯ Misty The Atheist ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“ASH?!” Misty screamed, both furious at herself and annoyed that she could have let him leave her. She felt heavy, she felt awkward, and she felt extremely pissed at her own failure to comprehend how much she needed her husband. Immature, deceitful and spineless he may have been - but it didn’t mean she loved him any less.


She didn’t think she could walk any further, so she collapsed in the middle of path, right next to a pond that hauntingly glistened in the sunlight, sincerely hoping that no-one come and ask her why she was sitting there. The way she felt right then, she’d command Politoed to rip their throats open, whether they were Human or Pokemon.


The venom etched onto her hydrologically reflected facial features both frightened and amazed Pikachu, who was positioned directly behind her, in a kind of entranced suspended animation, debating whether or not to speak to her.


However, as her tears began to rain down on the pond, as though her eyes were laden storm clouds, the Pokemon sighed gently, cleared its throat and tapped Misty on the shoulder.


The woman instantly turned, concerned as to who, or indeed what, this may be - and saw a Pikachu, its ears pricked up in a vain effort to brighten her mood.


“Alright there, Misty?” It asked, causing her to back her up several hundred yards, staring at the Electric-type in total shock.


“PIKACHU?!” She cried, pondering her common sense. Wasn’t he DEAD?!


“In the mustard-shaded flesh,” the animal joked, but it seemed that Misty remaining strikingly stony.


“I fail to see the wit in my insanity,” she snapped in annoyance.


Typical Misty, Pikachu pondered, wondering if throwing her a stray Thunderbolt would cause her to believe that she wasn’t deranged. However, casting her frame a quick glance, he hurriedly decided against it.


“I’m here to get you back together with everyone’s favourite Ketchum,” the Pokemon informed his Trainer’s wife softly, having no desire to intimidate the woman.


“Right, sure you are,” she muttered sceptically, standing abruptly and walking away. “Anyway, thanks for the delusions, but I’ll be going to find my husband now.”


“MISTY, WAIT!” Pikachu yelled, unwilling to allow her departure with that much ease.


However, when he saw that she was rapidly escaping, he smiled and called the one thing he know would make her turn around.


“Your husband’s life is in danger,” the Electric-type called, which, much to his satisfaction, made her freeze, her body evidently rooted to the spot.


“Willing to speak to me yet?” The rodent responded coolly, hoping the female had finally come round to her lack of hallucination.


Striding back towards him, Pikachu was momentarily stricken by how adult she looked from the way she had two years previously.


“Damn it, I’ve missed you,” she muttered, giving the Pokemon a brief hug. “But I don’t get this… why are you here? And how can you speak? And what’s happening to Ash?”


“I’m here to bring you two together, I can speak because Pokemon can in Death, and he could die if I don’t get you both back with each other within -” he glanced at his watch, the like of which he’d acquired especially for AC duty, and ended, “- twenty-three hours and nineteen minutes.”


“Why the time limit?”


“Don’t ask me - Cupid’s your woman for information like that.”


“Cupid’s FEMALE?!”


“It shocked me too,” Pikachu murmured in amusement. “Anyway, I have twenty-three hours, give or take several minutes, to bring your soulmate back to you, or one of your number will die, so if you’d kindly tell me the location of Ash -”


“Don’t know, don’t care,” she said defiantly, resolutely avoiding the creature’s gaze. “He slept with another woman - if I see him before I’m ninety, it’ll be too soon.”


Pikachu narrowed its eyes in evident cynicism.


“And now we move back into the realms of reality…” it replied disdainfully. “Like HELL it wouldn’t bother you…”


“HE MADE LOVE TO SOMEONE WHO WASN’T ME!” Misty shrieked indignantly, quickly losing her patience with her spouse’s Pokemon.


“I’ve been informed,” the animal muttered, visibly aggrieved by this information. “And I understand your frustration, but -”


“NO-ONE UNDERSTANDS MY FRUSTRATION, PIKACHU, UNLESS IT’S HAPPENED TO THEM!”


She raced off again, and this time, Pikachu let her go, not wanting to push the hormonal wife of his Trainer too far. Sighing, it waltzed off, this time attempting to find Ash, who he presumed would be staying either out in the wilderness or in the nearest Pokemon Centre.


“There’s me thinking that this was going to be simple,” it mumbled in distaste, trundling down the road hurriedly.