Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Longing for Adventure ❯ Journey threw the Unkown ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Sighing I made my way towards Route three, I had heard that there were a lode of Pokemon Trainers outside the City walls, all wandering at that particular Route. Rumour has it that Clefairy and other valuable Pokemon spread their appearance threw this Route, I wondered why though, probably the imagination of some kid. “Would you hurry up, we have not got all day,” Sammy told me, walking ahead! “We need some serious training Sam and some good Pokemon as well, I wonder what I should catch; I am not really fond of any Bug Types, neither am I fond of Flying Types.” “You are a picky human, all Pokemon have their special abilities and are just as worthy as `more elusive' Pokemon in your human speech!”
 
He drifted towards his point. All Pokemon were extraordinary and elusive, but my egoistic taste went to different kinds of Pokemon. “I wonder if I could catch an Onix here,” I thoughtfully whispered. “Where there are caves there are many ground and rock Pokemon, maybe some Poison Types as well, but I doubt that we encounter a Clefairy,” Sammy frowned at his last words. “Everything depends on the choice we make Sam, and I hope I make the right decision, especially in training you and Dynamic.” We passed on words for words, looking around the grassy patches, but soon a few people came into sight.
 
“What are they doing,” I suddenly questioned? “By the sounds of clashing bodies, I would say they are duelling,” Sammy explained to me, his ears twitching once again, catching the fine noises that got carried away by the smooth wind that blew. “The only thing I can hear are voices,” I told him, a bit annoyed about the fact. “Let us check it out,” Sammy chirped slightly, just like a Pidgey! We both ran towards the group of young adults and children, wringing our way threw them. We soon spotted two Pokemon battling in the area; one was a giant rat like creature and the other a bat with large fangs and dangerous colouring.
 
Checking my Pokedex I recalled their data, only to find out that they were actually Raticate and Golbat, one of my least favourite Types in looks, but they might be a strong bunch of Pokemon, who knew? Sam watched the battle intense and always jumped from side to side, he was more to say excited about the combat he watched. “Sammy, chill out, stop your bouncing around,” I called to him. I was kneeling on the ground next to him, his fur blurring my sight. “I am sorry, but the Pokemon Battle is too much for me, I can barely stand still,” he said to me, following the battle more intense then I was!
 
I blinked a couple of times before watching it for myself. “Raticate, Super Fang!” One of the trainers seemed panicked, was the Golbat too strong for him? “Okay Wing, evade and use Leech Leaf.” The female Trainer looked sure of herself. She did not wobble or smile or panic, she was emotionless. Her eyes only fixed on the battle itself and not on the well care of her Pokemon, which scared me a little. The bat like creature evaded the Super Fang with a twist of its thin body and gripped the opponent's neck like a vampire. The Raticate squealed in short pain before it used its long pink tail to hit the blue bat.
 
It did let go, but soon started to drench again, always aiming for the same spot. “Raticate, use Thunder!” I had never heard of a Pokemon such as Raticate using Thunder, but it was possible to teach it the move. The large rat opened its fangs wide before building up energy. Electrical sparks flew over his body before the mighty attack was launched. Spreading the electricity threw the Golbat's body, it had to let go, stopping it draining more power from the now tired foe. “Golbat, Wing Attack, we have to get this over with!” She stated it with a tone that made it a fact that she would win, which she did. One Wing attack was enough to knock out the Raticate and the male Trainer recalled him with grief and displeasure about his sudden loss.
 
“Any other challengers,” she asked curiously? All of them stepped back as she recalled her Golbat. “Come on, I have one Pokemon left, who wants to try?” A few mumbles went threw the crowd before a Trainer stepped forward, his eyes shining in determination. “Okay kid, pick another Trainer who will help you on the quest of defeating me,” she smiled shortly before her expression turned blank again. The boy swiftly glanced around before his eyes settled on me. “I want her to battle with me,” he said looking at me with pleading eyes. I gulped once. “What are we waiting for Kira, let us join in the fun,” Sammy barked happily before entering the circle that had formed.
 
I gulped once again, not believing my Pokemon's ambition to fight. The boy smiled at me before he threw a Pokeball, releasing a small Nidoran male. The pink scales seemed shiny and his eyes beamed with power, it was very strong looking for a Pokemon his size. “An Eevee and a Nidoran, how pitiful, but I must admit I have never seen an Eevee in all my life, only the evolutions. Well then kids, why don't we start,” her eyes began to sparkle shortly before a Pokeball was twisted in the air, releasing a massive looking Pokemon. The ears looked long and its entire body was a dull pink, a Wigglytuff.
 
“Now that looks too pink for my taste,” I heard the boy say, before his Nidoran growled at the enemy. “Okay Sammy, try to stay put, this might be a very hard battle,” I felt nervous, the people who were watching stared at me, at least it felt like it. Sam replied with a `sure' and went defensive. “Let battle command, Wigglytuff use Body Slam, this battle shouldn't take long!” The girl's speech annoyed me, how could she think we were easy to defeat?! The pink creature jumped high and rammed into the Nidoran sending him flying towards the ground and hurting him badly.
 
“Toddy, are you okay,” his Trainer asked, worry and disappointment spreading across his face? “What a strange name boy, why don't you just leave the battling to the real trainers and go back to school for some years, it would probably do you and your Pokemon good,” she snorted and stared at me for a short time. “Sam…Sammy, try use Tail Whip maybe that can help!” My Eevee nodded in responds, walking from side to side, wagging its tail dangerously, but elegant, it looked like a dance. “Come on Wigglytuff, just Body Slam that one as well, we have not got all day!”
 
The bunny like Pokemon jumped high in the air once more, but before it reached Sam a small purple pink Pokemon rammed into its side, prodding his pointy horn into its soft skin. “Nidoran, Poison Sting!” The boy was happy as the Wigglytuff wiggled around in pure pain, but was not ready for retaliation. The Normal Type foe slapped the male Nidoran a dozen times before it hit the ground unconscious. Now, with me alone, I couldn't think of a possible way to battle, with Brock I think I had more luck then strength.
 
The pink Pokemon ran towards my Eevee, smiling wickedly as it did so. “Sam, use Sand Attack,” I called to him, worried about the Wigglytuff's behaviour! Before the opponent had reached him fully he dashed a pile of loose earth into its eyes, blinding it within seconds. With another quick dash Sammy retaliated with a Bite Attack, letting the bunny Pokemon screech in pain for a few minutes as he gripped its leg. “Quick Wigglytuff, use Mega Kick!” The Normal Type foe trashed its foot into the Eevee, sending it flying to the ground, but he got up fast. “Okay Sam, try your own Body Slam,” I begged to the gods that his previous Trainer had taught him the attack.
 
Sammy replied once more, telling me he had mastered the move before. The Wigglytuff had now fully cleaned its eyes, but was surprised of the heavy weight that dashed into its side, sending it skidding on the ground. “Now Sam, try Quick Attack!” The Eevee speeded up as it ran towards the fallen foe, gaining strength while doing so. His eyes continuously stared at the huge bunny rabbit and soon another call of agony rang threw the Route. The Wigglytuff had scraped open a wound, bleeding slightly on one of its short paws. It straightened itself up before it came crashing down, defeated by a small Eevee.
 
The girl blinked a few times, she had first realized that the Body Slam of Sammy had paralyzed her Pokemon. With a cunning smirk she recalled the Pokemon and looked at me, her eyes shining with despair and anger, though with happiness at the same time. Sammy came rushing towards me, hopping into my arms and repeating his words of victory over and over again: we won! The boy stared at me, happy that somebody had actually beaten the loud mouthed Trainer. The people left in a fast pace, ready in battling each other somewhere else.
 
“That was good kid,” she clenched her fists shortly as the boy left, after he had thanked me. “Well, your Pokemon are pretty strong, I think I had lodes of luck,” I told her, smiling a bit, but wary about her expression. “What about joining Team Rocket then,” she asked me? I looked at her dumbfounded. “Excuse me!?” “I asked do - you - want - to - join - Team - Rocket!” Her last words were drenched in anger. I looked at her puzzled before realizing who Team Rocket actually was.
 
“No, I do not want to join Team Rocket,” I spoke, petrified that such a powerful Trainer was actually a Team Rocket Grunt or Agent. “Think about it girl, you could evolve your Eevee into Vaporeon, Jolteon or Flareon with the Evolution Stones we have, maybe you could even win over the boss.” “I said no, that is my final answer, I will not join your Team, I will never be apart of your nasty crimes, taking Pokemon away from people, stealing their friends!” My words didn't seem to bother her, she shrugged. “Fine with me, well until next time girl, I am sure to flatter you and your Pokemon then, but I do admire your Eevee, it would make a pretty Fire Type.”
 
I clenched onto my Pokemon, hoping she would not think of the possible way of stealing it right now. “See you,” she said before she vanished into the nearest patch of woodland. I blinked again, now that was not a normal day; this was more of a luck spree. “Hey Kira, you are strangling me!” I let go of Sammy, he leapt off my arms and landed safely on the grass. “I was just worried that she might…take you,” I spoke low and realized that I sounded hollow. “I would just bite her and she would let go,” Sammy told me, scratching his ears with his left leg. I nodded in responds and went further on.
 
The next few stops were Trainers, they all were itching for a battle and I was glad for the experience I and my Pokemon gained. I had lost quite a few, most of the Trainer's Pokemon were fully evolved and powerful, but that only gave me more experience and faith. I wanted to win, but I knew I first had to train lodes more and before I would challenge the next Gym, I needed more Pokemon. Walking along a small grass patch we noticed a large entrance, the tunnel laid ahead, that meant we had reached Mount Moon. “Do we have to go threw there,” Sammy asked, his ears low? “If you are scared, I could recall you,” I spoke to him. “No, I don't think you are capable of going threw the dark tunnels all by yourself, who knows, there might be a Clefairy jumping right past you and you don't notice,” he blabbered to me! “I get the point,” I frowned! This entire Clefairy nonsense went on my nerves!
 
As we reached the entrance we noticed a small, but bulky, man standing next to the exit, talking to a young Trainer. As we came nearer the conversation between the two got louder and more understandable. “No thanks,” the boy repeatedly said, knocking off all the effort the man did. “I am sure; with this marvellous piece of art you will make a fortune!!” The man continued his speech and I and Sammy passed without getting noticed, why would a Trainer want a piece of paper with a picture on it? Entering Mount Moon we discovered that the entire area was alight, not daylight, but it was pretty much a decent sight for my eyes.
 
Passing a few people who were currently in a battle, I scanned the information for their Pokemon, it seemed like both were new to Pokemon since they used a Zubat and an Oddish. Sammy jumped around the cave quite a lot, warning me from Goedude, they could be lurking behind every corner. For my knowledge though, I knew these Rock Type Pokemon only attacked when you actually stood on them. “What are we searching for,” I questioned aloud? “I think, by all possibilities, for the exit!” Sammy seemed not in the best mood. I sighed once again, scanning the area we were in. I recognised a few stones and rocks we had passed earlier and frowned aloud. “What is it now,” Sam asked me? “We have been walking in circles, I had no clue that this could be a hard travel, I never actually realized how lost you can get in a cave,” I told him, sounding desperate.
 
Well then, let us go down the stairs.” “What stairs?” “The one's in front of you.” “You mean we have passed a stair case about thirteen times and you never told me!?” “Well, you didn't ask and I thought that was not needed.” I boiled lightly, but put the feeling aside, picking up Sammy and continuing down the stairs. Actually the stairs resembled more a hang. We slipped down most of the way and I knew soon we had to possibly climb up another. Landing safely on a mud pile, I straightened up and wandered further, approaching a strange, overly large, built man. “HEY you!” He called to me, motioning me over.
 
I shrugged and went over, seeing nothing bad in it. “Want a battle,” he asked me directly? “A short one with one Pokemon,” I told him sternly! “As you wish kid,” he plainly responded and threw a blue Pokeball into the air. The ball released a large stone like Pokemon with four arms, a Graveler. I blinked a few time before releasing my own Pokemon and one of my only, Dynamic. “What, another battle,” he asked shocked?! “Yeah sorry pal,” I said to him, earning a few strange stares from the guy in front of me. “Okay girly, I am Anthony,” he told me, “now let us get this done with!” He didn't even wait for my name.
 
The battle was short and sweet; his Graveler was evolved, but stood no chance against Dynamic, my Marill. With a few Water Gun's and Bubble attacks the Pokemon lay on the ground. With another Rollout attack he skidded threw the dusty ground and into the cavers wall. With a red beam of light the Pokemon of Anthony was recalled, he snorted shortly before giving me some money for my victory. After that, he stamped off, angry about his loss. “Boy he sure wasn't in a good mood,” Sammy stated! “Well, that doesn't surprise me in the least, I have after all beaten him,” Dynamic spoke proudly! “Yeah, but you lost often enough earlier on!” “You did too Sammy, so don't pull that speech on me!”
 
The small battle between my only Pokemon went on and on until I recalled Dynamic with the excuse that he needed some good rest. Sam was constantly talking about Dynamic afterwards and was angry about his offensive personality. I only shook my head to that. A few steps further I tripped, landing head onto the dusty brown ground, Sam jumping onto my back while I did so. “I think you stumbled over that brown, orange thing there,” he stated to me, not in the least worried about my health. “Thanks for your concern Sam, that means a great deal to me,” I responded sarcastically! “You should watch where you are going then,” he commentated.
 
I got to my feet, searching for the Item or Pokemon I had tripped over. My sight fell on a small rock that was sticking out of the ground. With a closer inspection I found out that the orange glow came from the small pattern that was engraved into the rock. “What are you waiting for, pull it out,” Sam told me, impatient as ever! I shrugged and pulled it out of the ground, letting the small flame like symbol glow in the dark as I touched it. “Wow, a Fire Stone Kira! Somebody must have lost it on the way!” Sammy was right; I had found a Fire Stone much to my pleasure. “Well then big mouth, want to evolve,” I joked? “No way, I would rather be a Jolteon,” he plainly stated before walking on, me staggering after him.
 
It took a while and we found another stair case. Sammy climbed onto my shoulder while I had to climb up the steep slope, nearly loosing my grip. “Hey watch it, I nearly fell off!” “Well it is not my fault that the ground suddenly started to move!” We argued for another couple of minutes before we fell silent so I could concentrate on climbing. “Kira,” Sammy asked? “Yes, what is it now,” I asked him annoyed?! “Why did you say the ground had moved under your touch?” “Because it did!” He fell silent. “Kira, I think you should climb faster,” he stated to me, but with a worried sound. “And why should I?” “Because there is a giant snake climbing up the slope!”
 
I blinked a few times and turned round, an Onix was climbing up the same slope as we, furry and anger crossing his face, a slight dent on his horn. “I think that was the stone I had touched,” I stated to him. “Well then, we must get away!” “No Sammy, I have a plan.” “You are not going to catch it!?” “No, but I have another idea,” I told him, smiling under my heavy and shaky breath. He blinked a few times and nodded. The wild Pokemon came nearer, roaring with anger as it saw us. Inches away I let go of my grip, jumping to the side and bouncing of the ground backwards. The Onix past us at the same time I pushed myself back, letting me and Sammy fall on top of him. “Do you think it is such a good idea riding a wild Onix!”
 
His shouts sank under the loud screeches the wild Rock and Ground Type gave. A few seconds later the Onix rammed threw the surface of the ground, letting sunlight strike my now surprised eyes. Sammy let out a shriek of surprise and he clenched onto my back, sinking his small claws into my T-shirt. I swallowed hard before letting go of the giant snake and falling into a stream of water. Sammy chocked on the sudden liquid spreading threw his mouth and I had to pull him up. Above the water surface he spat the now warm water out, glaring at me. “You could have told me you were doing that!” “Yes, but then you would have not joined and would have distracted my concentration.”
 
We climbed back onto the land, breathing heavily, the trees ahead signalled that we were close to a forest, another one. “Perfect timing,” I shouted in delight, there might be some good Pokemon around! “But we still missed the opportunity to find Clefairy,” Sammy told me, moaning, as usual. “You know, I said it once and I will say it again, for a Pokemon with a bad past, you are awfully cheery and abusive in personality!” He was silent; he stared at me with hard eyes before sighing. “I am sorry, it is just I feel…a bit left out on everything,” he told me turning his face away. “Why, you are with me all the time, talking with me,” I said, confused that he felt that way. “No, I just cant let go, my Trainer was mean to me, but she was nice in a weird way, I miss her and my old Poke friends, even if that means feeling pain again, she just wanted me to be strong.”
 
I fell silent this time, tears starting to form in my eyes; he had said something, something that left me feeling bad. “Right Sammy, where is your Trainer,” I asked him, hopefully without letting him know how upset I was threw this? “She was in Cerulean City, last time I saw her,” he told me. “Right that is just where we are heading!” “But I am your Pokemon now!” “But you want to be back…with her!” “I know but I can't just leave you!” “Look Sam, you cant take back your words, it hurt me and that will stay like that while we travel around, that I am your second Trainer is hard on you, but think again, you bragging about how you miss your old Trainer and want to be with her even if she was cruel to you, it just hurts me okay!” “And why!” “Because I am worrying for you, not forcing you to anything, being nice to, seeing you as one of my long time friends until we part…when we leave this world, not that I am your stupid idiot who you actually don't like and dread to be with!”
 
He was quiet, very quiet. “But…,” his voice crumbled, “I am your friend now, I like you, I just need some time.” I did not look at him. “Kira?” I still didn't respond it was just mean of him bringing up this subject. It was unfair, I thought he hated her, or would be angry, not just sad about it, that was the point, he acted sad and depressed, gaining attention, just like his former Trainer I knew. “Kira,” he tried a bit louder, desperation forming in his words! “Shut up,” I snapped at him, recalling him into his Pokeball! He was surprised, but did not retaliate. I walked on alone for a few hours, letting the talk we just had pass my mind. I sat down under an oak tree, letting tears roll past my face, dreading the thought of loosing my first Pokemon, my Eevee.
 
I hadn't expected such a subject and it clung to my heart to know that my Pokemon didn't actually want to be with me. I sobbed a bit more, what a great start for a rooky Trainer, Ash had probably already passed the Cerulean City Gym, even if his Pokemon did not like him from the start, I knew Ash to well, the Pokemon would soon become his friend. And me? I hold onto a Pokemon who actually likes his old Trainer better, though she did abuse him. “I hate it!” I sobbed. I did, I hated the thought of leaving him with Kathy.
 
After a few hours I had fallen asleep, not knowing myself of what I thought. I dreamt of thousands of things, one sticking in my memory, Sammy leaving, with his former Trainer, which hurt more then anything. I had been with him for only two days, but your first Pokemon was something special. I woke up, finding that the night had passed, it hadn't even been cold. I moved a bit before I noticed a small brown fur ball lying in my lap and a blue mouse leaning against my side, had they been worried? I stared at both of them, my sight switching from one to another. “I didn't mean to upset you Kira, I was just a bit annoyed you know,” I heard Sammy's voice interfere with my concentration. I didn't look at him.
 
Please Kira talk to me, I really want to stay with you,” he told me, I still didn't look at him. His ears fell and his face expressed sadness and fear. “I didn't want you to cry because of me, please forgive me,” his face was nearly on the edge of my knee. Dynamic had woken up to Sammy's voice and he too was staring at me, worried about his new Trainer. “Sammy, Dynamic, promise me to never leave me,” I said sternly! Both of them looked at each other and Dynamic told me straight away that he wouldn't. I looked at Sammy. “I promise too,” he whispered under his breath. “Really?” “Really,” his eyes lightened up a bit and before I knew it, all three of us walked further on, forgetting about our hunger and about the past.
 
We moved on, my mood getting better. Sam had started to hold a conversation with Dynamic and me, not wanting to fight both of us. As we walked further we encountered more Bug Pokemon, battling them. Some Pidgey and Pidgeotto passed over our heads, all of them landing on one single giant oak tree. I stared at them while we passed, but soon recovered to speak to my Pokemon. Walking threw the small sized forest was not too hard and we soon spotted more Pokemon playing on the grass patches. “Hey is that a Vulpix,” I asked them, looking at a small fox Pokemon who was playing with its own Type.
 
It surely is and there are so many of them! What are we waiting for, let us catch one,” Dynamic spoke to me, excited about the encounter. “Okay, I love that Type anyway, Sammy, you go,” I told him, he looked at me, “pick one,” I added. He nodded with a smile, heading for the one with a deeper orange / red colour. The Vulpix were surprised as their Team mate got hit hard by a small Eevee and all of them rushed away, squealing and shouting. “Come on Sammy, another Headbutt!” Sam nodded and attacked another time, sending the Vulpix flying towards the next tree. It stumbled as it tried to get up after the blow.
 
“Sammy, try Quick Attack!” My call was obeyed as he charged towards the Fire Type. The small Vulpix snapped its eyes open, a blurry purple gaining power. “That is Confuse Ray,” Dynamic announced, but too late for Sam, he was captured by the purple glow and he slowly stumbled all over the field, tripping and hitting trees while using Quick Attack. The Vulpix smiled and jumped up, racing towards the bushes, before it reached it though, a Water Gun attack hit it, sending it into the ground and leaving it lying there, struggling to get up. I picked one of my red Pokeball's and threw it at it, letting the red light absorb it. While the ball shuck, I called to Sam who snapped out of the confusion as soon as the ball shuck another time, releasing the Vulpix that lay inside.
 
I cursed under my breath. My first try and it had failed. The Fire fox looked at me and Dynamic angrily. “That is cheating,” she called to us! I blinked and thought about what she meant, Dynamic's Water attack! Sam stared at her shortly before using Quick Attack once more, hitting her at the side and letting both skid across the grass. I quickly picked up the Pokeball I had thrown before and twisted it into the direction of the Vulpix, capturing her once again. The ball shone red at the usual white button; the Vulpix was desperately trying to flee. Sammy stared at it intense as the ball continued to shake. With a loud `bing' the ball stopped and flew towards my hand.
 
The Pokedex made a funny noise before I scanned threw the information it held for my new Pokemon. “She is female,” I stated, “okay that was clear, and she is a fox Pokemon, I knew that, she can evolve threw the Fire Stone, okay that is knew,” I told myself, letting Dynamic and Sammy listen. “What should I give her for a name though, there are so many, Nika would be nice, but she might not like it.” “Well then ask her,” Dynamic stated to me! I nodded and opened the ball I had recently used. With a flash of white and red light the Vulpix materialized, she looked at me surprised.
 
“Okay then Vulpix, would you like to be named Nika?” She blinked a few times. “That is a nice name, I would like it,” she responded nodding with her head. “That is good and you are not too mad at the Water Gun interfering with the battle,” I asked? “You can understand me! Well, I am slightly annoyed, but I am caught now, so let us be friends okay…,” Nika said losing her words. “I am Kira,” I told her. “Okay…Kira, we are now Team mates and we will fight together, so thank you for choosing me,” she said smiling! Maybe having a new Pokemon on the belt could help me against the Gym in Cerulean City…