Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ Magi ❯ The Forgotten Ones ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Magi

Book 1

A Pokemon Fanfic by Sheya

Prologue

The Forgotten Ones

On Pokemon Island there is a village hidden on a raging river, appropriately named River Rage. The village is called Maja, the people call themselves Magi (pronounced mag-eye), and this was appropriate because they had a power much like the Magic of legends. However, they are also under a curse. Once a great many years ago- before the Magi came to Pokemon Island. They lived on another world. On this world they were powerful and feared... feared -- not because they were powerful and used that power but, because they didn't use their power.

Shortly before they transported themselves to the world of Pokemon, a member of their tribe, Kataki Eimin, betrayed them and used his power against the non-magical people. He caused great misfortune. The Magi fought him and he cursed them. The curse would only be broken if the Magi found a place where they were not feared; where they were accepted. His curse caused most of their children to be born male. As the years went by, the curse became stronger, and less and less children were born female. Their adversary finally took over that world and started hunting the Magi- that is when they left.

They moved to the Pokemon Islands on a different world. When they got there, they hid themselves and tried to hold off the curse. Around seventy years after they entered the world of Pokemon, one of the younger members of the tribe left the hidden village to explore the world on which they were living. He went past the protective barrier that had been erected around the village. His elders fought him; but he insisted that if they were ever to break the curse then they would have to encounter the rest of the world.